About the time we think we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. -- Herbert Hoover

arts / rec.arts.sf.tv / Re: Planned Parenthood Fumes Over Abortion Scenes In Marilyn Monroe Flick "Blonde"

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Planned Parenthood Fumes Over Abortion Scenes In Marilyn Monroe Flick "BlondThe Horny Goat
`* Re: Planned Parenthood Fumes Over Abortion Scenes In Marilyn Monroe Flick "BlondNinapenda Jibini
 `* Re: Planned Parenthood Fumes Over Abortion Scenes In Marilyn Monroe Flick "BlondUbiquitous
  `* Re: Planned Parenthood Fumes Over Abortion Scenes In Marilyn Monroe Flick "BlondNinapenda Jibini
   `* Re: Planned Parenthood Fumes Over Abortion Scenes In Marilyn Monroe Flick "BlondWolffan
    `* Re: Planned Parenthood Fumes Over Abortion Scenes In Marilyn Monroe Flick "BlondNinapenda Jibini
     `* Re: Planned Parenthood Fumes Over Abortion Scenes In Marilyn Monroe Flick "BlondWolffan
      `- Re: Planned Parenthood Fumes Over Abortion Scenes In Marilyn Monroe Flick "BlondNinapenda Jibini

1
Re: Planned Parenthood Fumes Over Abortion Scenes In Marilyn Monroe Flick "Blonde"

<3rd4kh9aftbhkp5t4p8obnjrngrdltc9v7@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2709&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2709

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: Re: Planned Parenthood Fumes Over Abortion Scenes In Marilyn Monroe Flick "Blonde"
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2022 19:53:29 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 02:53 UTC

On Fri, 07 Oct 2022 09:26:25 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>"trotsky" wrote:
>> On 10/5/2022 6:16 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>>> The nation's largest abortion provider Planned Parenthood is fuming-mad
>>> over abortion-related scenes in the latest Marilyn Monroe movie, "Blonde."
>>
>> Marilyn Monroe is dead and hence doesn't have any "latest movies."
>
>Reading comprehension problem noted.
>Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

"Latest Marilyn Monroe movie" is sadly funny since she died when I was
seven and I am now of pension age....I remember asking my mother why
such a pretty woman would kill herself...Mom got VERY quiet.

Re: Planned Parenthood Fumes Over Abortion Scenes In Marilyn Monroe Flick "Blonde"

<XnsAF2AE974B15D4taustincagmailcom@85.12.62.232>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2710&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2710

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Ninapenda Jibini)
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 05:57:02 GMT
 by: Ninapenda Jibini - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 05:57 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote in

> On Fri, 07 Oct 2022 09:26:25 -0400, Ubiquitous
> <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Marilyn Monroe is dead and hence doesn't have any "latest
>>> movies."
>>
>>Reading comprehension problem noted.
>>Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.
>
> "Latest Marilyn Monroe movie" is sadly funny since she died when
> I was seven and I am now of pension age....I remember asking my
> mother why such a pretty woman would kill herself...Mom got VERY
> quiet.

Ubi could have been a little clearer in the description, but even I,
who hardly see any movies at all any more, am aware there's a (very
thoroughly fictionalized) biopic of Monroe in theaters right now
called _Blonde_.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Re: Planned Parenthood Fumes Over Abortion Scenes In Marilyn Monroe Flick "Blonde"

<WUmdnUSWSuI6Jt_-nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2711&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2711

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 08:08:25 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 12:08 UTC

taustinca@gmail.com wrote:
> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Reading comprehension problem noted.
>>> Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.
>>
>> "Latest Marilyn Monroe movie" is sadly funny since she died when
>> I was seven and I am now of pension age....I remember asking my
>> mother why such a pretty woman would kill herself...Mom got VERY
>> quiet.
>
>Ubi could have been a little clearer in the description, but even I,
>who hardly see any movies at all any more, am aware there's a (very
>thoroughly fictionalized) biopic of Monroe in theaters right now
>called _Blonde_.

That's because "trotsky" is retarded or very bad at trolling but
desperately needs the attention.

:The nation's largest abortion provider Planned Parenthood is fuming-mad
:over abortion-related scenes in the latest Marilyn Monroe movie,
:"Blonde."
: :The controversial Netflix film humanizes the unborn on numerous
:occasions and includes the depiction of a violent, forced abortion that
:haunts the actress.
: :"As film and TV shapes many people's understanding of sexual and
:reproductive health, it's critical these depictions accurately portray
:women's real decisions and experiences," Caren Spruch, Planned
:Parenthood Federation of America's national director of arts and
:entertainment engagement, told The Hollywood Reporter.
: :"While abortion is safe, essential health care, anti-abortion zealots
:have long contributed to abortion stigma by using medically inaccurate
:descriptions of fetuses and pregnancy," the statement continued.
:"Andrew Dominik's new film, `Blonde,' bolsters their message with a
:CGI-talking fetus, depicted to look like a fully formed baby."
: :Some media depictions of abortion are shown as empowering and a simple
:decision for women with no repercussions - if not an outright
:sacrament. It's extremely rare for the unborn to be humanized at all,
:but this is the case in "Blonde" - a reality clearly upsetting Planned
:Parenthood.
: :"Planned Parenthood respects artistic license and freedom," the
:statement said. "However, false images only serve to reinforce
:misinformation and perpetuate stigma around sexual and reproductive
:health care. Every pregnancy outcome - especially abortion - should be
:portrayed sensitively, authentically and accurately in the media."
: :"We still have much work to do to ensure that everyone who has an
:abortion can see themselves onscreen," Spruch added. "It is a shame
:that the creators of `Blonde' chose to contribute to anti-abortion
:propaganda and stigmatize people's health care decisions instead."
: :Dominik, the director, has defended "Blonde" from such pro-abortion
:critics, though, suggesting the film's timing is sparking the
:unnecessary backlash, referring to the overturning of Roe v. Wade.
: :"I think the movie is pretty nuanced actually, and I think it's very
:complex, but that doesn't fit - people are obviously concerned with
:losses of freedoms, obviously they are," the filmmaker told The Wrap.
:"But, I mean, no one would have given a s*** about that if I'd made the
:movie in 2008, and probably no one's going to care about it in four
:years' time. And the movie won't have changed. It's just what sort of
:going on."
: :Dominik added that critics are looking at "Blonde" "through this Roe v.
:Wade lens."
: :"They've got a certain agenda where they feel like the freedoms of
:women are being compromised, and they look at `Blonde' and they see a
:demon, but it's not really about that," he said. "I think it's very
:difficult for people to step outside of the stories they carry inside
:themselves and see things of their own volition."

--
The sky hung low, like the brow of a retarded child.

Re: Planned Parenthood Fumes Over Abortion Scenes In Marilyn Monroe Flick "Blonde"

<XnsAF2B3C03E2C41taustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2712&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2712

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Ninapenda Jibini)
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 12:53:59 GMT
 by: Ninapenda Jibini - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 12:53 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in

> taustinca@gmail.com wrote:
>> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

>>> "Latest Marilyn Monroe movie" is sadly funny since she died
>>> when I was seven and I am now of pension age....I remember
>>> asking my mother why such a pretty woman would kill
>>> herself...Mom got VERY quiet.
>>
>>Ubi could have been a little clearer in the description, but
>>even I, who hardly see any movies at all any more, am aware
>>there's a (very thoroughly fictionalized) biopic of Monroe in
>>theaters right now called _Blonde_.
>
> That's because "trotsky" is retarded or very bad at trolling but
> desperately needs the attention.

I wasn't replying to retard boy. Try to pay attention.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Re: Planned Parenthood Fumes Over Abortion Scenes In Marilyn Monroe Flick "Blonde"

<0001HW.28F3051600330CB27000075E438F@news.supernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2713&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2713

Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 09:33:10 -0400
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv
 by: Wolffan - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 13:33 UTC

On 09 Oct 2022, Ninapenda Jibini wrote
(in article<XnsAF2B3C03E2C41taustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245>):

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in
>
> > taustinca@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Ubi could have been a little clearer in the description, but
> > > even I, who hardly see any movies at all any more, am aware
> > > there's a (very thoroughly fictionalized) biopic of Monroe in
> > > theaters right now called _Blonde_.
> >
> > That's because "trotsky" is retarded or very bad at trolling but
> > desperately needs the attention.
>
> I wasn't replying to retard boy. Try to pay attention.

When has Ubi _ever_ paid attention to _anything_ other than its own
pig-ignorant gruntings?

Re: Planned Parenthood Fumes Over Abortion Scenes In Marilyn Monroe Flick "Blonde"

<XnsAF2B439FA3EFDtaustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2714&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2714

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Ninapenda Jibini)
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 13:38:51 GMT
 by: Ninapenda Jibini - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 13:38 UTC

Wolffan <akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote in

> On 09 Oct 2022, Ninapenda Jibini wrote
> (in article<XnsAF2B3C03E2C41taustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245>):
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in

>> > That's because "trotsky" is retarded or very bad at trolling
>> > but desperately needs the attention.
>>
>> I wasn't replying to retard boy. Try to pay attention.
>
> When has Ubi _ever_ paid attention to _anything_ other than its
> own pig-ignorant gruntings?

Not much different from yourself.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Re: Planned Parenthood Fumes Over Abortion Scenes In Marilyn Monroe Flick "Blonde"

<0001HW.28F308340033C7D07000075E438F@news.supernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2715&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2715

Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 09:46:28 -0400
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv
References: <thjp3u$2v5gu$9@dont-email.me> <thjpdn$13kq$4@gioia.aioe.org> <thp9ho$3mti0$4@dont-email.me> <3rd4kh9aftbhkp5t4p8obnjrngrdltc9v7@4ax.com> <XnsAF2AE974B15D4taustincagmailcom@85.12.62.232> <WUmdnUSWSuI6Jt_-nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com> <XnsAF2B3C03E2C41taustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245> <0001HW.28F3051600330CB27000075E438F@news.supernews.com> <XnsAF2B439FA3EFDtaustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245>
 by: Wolffan - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 13:46 UTC

On 09 Oct 2022, Ninapenda Jibini wrote
(in article<XnsAF2B439FA3EFDtaustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245>):

> Wolffan <akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote in
>
> > On 09 Oct 2022, Ninapenda Jibini wrote
> > (in article<XnsAF2B3C03E2C41taustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245>):
> >
> > > Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in

> > > I wasn't replying to retard boy. Try to pay attention.
> >
> > When has Ubi _ever_ paid attention to _anything_ other than its
> > own pig-ignorant gruntings?
> Not much different from yourself.

oh, terry, terry, terry, you’re such fun when i poke you.

Re: Planned Parenthood Fumes Over Abortion Scenes In Marilyn Monroe Flick "Blonde"

<XnsAF2BE702C7843taustincagmailcom@85.12.62.232>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2716&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2716

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Ninapenda Jibini)
References: <thjp3u$2v5gu$9@dont-email.me> <thjpdn$13kq$4@gioia.aioe.org> <thp9ho$3mti0$4@dont-email.me> <3rd4kh9aftbhkp5t4p8obnjrngrdltc9v7@4ax.com> <XnsAF2AE974B15D4taustincagmailcom@85.12.62.232> <WUmdnUSWSuI6Jt_-nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com> <XnsAF2B3C03E2C41taustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245> <0001HW.28F3051600330CB27000075E438F@news.supernews.com> <XnsAF2B439FA3EFDtaustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245> <0001HW.28F308340033C7D07000075E438F@news.supernews.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 05:42:34 GMT
 by: Ninapenda Jibini - Mon, 10 Oct 2022 05:42 UTC

> On 09 Oct 2022, Ninapenda Jibini wrote
> (in article<XnsAF2B439FA3EFDtaustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245>):
>
>> Wolffan <akwolffan@zoho.com> wrote in
>>
>> > On 09 Oct 2022, Ninapenda Jibini wrote
>> > (in article<XnsAF2B3C03E2C41taustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245>):

>> > When has Ubi _ever_ paid attention to _anything_ other than
its
>> > own pig-ignorant gruntings?
>> Not much different from yourself.
>
> oh, terry, terry, terry, you’re such fun when i poke you.

Just keep telling yourself that.