From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: [NEWS] "Quantum Leap" reboot gets six more season 1episodes
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 09:19:07 +1300
 by: Your Name - Mon, 10 Oct 2022 20:19 UTC

Of course the first few episodes have had high ratings because new
people tune in to see what all the hype is about and original fans tune
in for nostalgia ... then they realise it's just yet another crap
reboot with has nothing to do with the original other than stealing the
main idea, and most tune out again.

'Quantum Leap' At NBC to Extend Season 1 By Six Episodes
NBC has ordered six additional episodes of the "Quantum Leap"
revival. The original order of 12 episodes has now been
extended to 18, bringing Season 1 to a total of 18 episodes.

The series premiered on Sept. 19 as a sequel to NBC's
1989-1993 series of the same name. This version stars
Raymond Lee as Dr. Ben Seong, as a world-renowned physicist
and a man of faith. 30 years after Dr. Sam Beckett (Scott
Bakula in the original series) stepped into the Quantum Leap
accelerator and vanished, a new team has been assembled to
restart the project in the hopes of understanding the
mysteries behind the machine and the man who created it.
Ernie Hudson, Caitlin Bassett, Mason Alexander Park and
Nanrisa Lee also star.

NBC's order makes "Quantum Leap" the first new series of
the fall TV season to receive an extension. According the
network, the most recent data suggests that it is the
highest-rated new show in the 18-49 demographic.

Variety's review said that "among the entries in
television's recent reboot gold rush, 'Quantum Leap' is
arguably the series most deserving of a contemporary
reimagining," and noted that the new version "operates as
a kind of Swiss army procedural, and each episode has the
potential to ricochet in just about any direction."

Martin Gero serves as showrunner executive produces along
with Dean Georgaris, Don Bellisario, Deborah Pratt, Chris
Grismer, Steven Lilien and Bryan Wynbrandt. Universal
Television serves as the studio, producing in association
with I Have an Idea! Entertainment, Belisarius Productions
and Quinn's House Productions.

Re: [NEWS] "Quantum Leap" reboot gets six more season 1episodes

<ti1vnl$49l$3@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2719&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#2719

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 09:36:05 +1300
 by: Your Name - Mon, 10 Oct 2022 20:36 UTC

On 2022-10-10 20:19:07 +0000, Your Name said:

> Of course the first few episodes have had high ratings because new
> people tune in to see what all the hype is about and original fans tune
> in for nostalgia ... then they realise it's just yet another crap
> reboot with has nothing to do with the original other than stealing the
> main idea, and most tune out again.
>

> 'Quantum Leap' At NBC to Extend Season 1 By Six Episodes
> NBC has ordered six additional episodes of the "Quantum Leap"
> revival. The original order of 12 episodes has now been
> extended to 18, bringing Season 1 to a total of 18 episodes.
>
> The series premiered on Sept. 19 as a sequel to NBC's
> 1989-1993 series of the same name. This version stars
> Raymond Lee as Dr. Ben Seong, as a world-renowned physicist
> and a man of faith. 30 years after Dr. Sam Beckett (Scott
> Bakula in the original series) stepped into the Quantum Leap
> accelerator and vanished, a new team has been assembled to
> restart the project in the hopes of understanding the
> mysteries behind the machine and the man who created it.
> Ernie Hudson, Caitlin Bassett, Mason Alexander Park and
> Nanrisa Lee also star.
>
> NBC's order makes "Quantum Leap" the first new series of
> the fall TV season to receive an extension. According the
> network, the most recent data suggests that it is the
> highest-rated new show in the 18-49 demographic.
>
> Variety's review said that "among the entries in
> television's recent reboot gold rush, 'Quantum Leap' is
> arguably the series most deserving of a contemporary
> reimagining," and noted that the new version "operates as
> a kind of Swiss army procedural, and each episode has the
> potential to ricochet in just about any direction."
>
> Martin Gero serves as showrunner executive produces along
> with Dean Georgaris, Don Bellisario, Deborah Pratt, Chris
> Grismer, Steven Lilien and Bryan Wynbrandt. Universal
> Television serves as the studio, producing in association
> with I Have an Idea! Entertainment, Belisarius Productions
> and Quinn's House Productions.

Oops! I forgot the link:

<https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/quantum-leap-nbc-season-1-extend-1235398152/>