Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 08:48:15 -0800 (PST)
Subject: I'm a failure at prose, it's painfully buckram v. 2021
From: wencesla...@gmail.com (Wenceslas Kabeba)
 by: Wenceslas Kabeba - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 16:48 UTC

I'm a failure at prose, it's painfully buckram
a military vehicle running over a sensory neuron
damnably surficially square
a bosky of words with the density of air
churlish, annoyingly irresolute
a house of cards kicked by some brute
a whirling mess of wiggly crap
a ridiculous redonkulous deathtrap

my sentences commonly break down
an aquaplane on a freeway in the car of a clown
a smell rises uncompromisingly from the page
an annoying crunch an embarassing rage
no searchlight would find the blight of an original idea
no communicative sounds but a sleepy dyspnea

and yet some readers with cuboid heads and crusted brains
half wit minstrels coughing up ballads of trains
snigger cacaphanously at my swill
trumpeting my constipated ill will
my perky whitewash of intelligence
inconstant bitter small preeminence
churns a small aggregate to vermilion
and they paypal me untold billions
they natter unkindly like old squaws
or maladjusted macaws
while I frivolously cash their providential tidings
for sumptuously craven ashcan elidings

this is the life I've gracelessly managed
cooly ignoring my annoying advantage
I have custody of my marketplace
calling out it's lamb-like fact
I annex it's ideas and make them presentable
a hackworkd minstrel of the purely lamentable
to flat faced stand up goons
the king devil of incisive lampoons

others may catch and arrange the unconscious
my smallness is bitterish and unselfconscious
and still others may masquerade as noble starvelings
aurified woebegone darlings
not I, I've erected the furthest partition
assimilating my maladjusted mission
from the flumping assonant mass of rampageing Kultur
the vapor density of a sumptuous vulture

$and I've done well at it$
$send more money and I shall not quit$

Wenceslas Kabeba
copyright 2021

Re: I'm a failure at prose, it's painfully buckram v. 2021

<584816d7-151c-416c-bdd0-a78c17e1112dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2725&group=rec.arts.poems#2725

Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 14:56:52 -0800 (PST)
From: tsto...@gmail.com (Terry Stomp)
 by: Terry Stomp - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 22:56 UTC

On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 11:48:16 AM UTC-5, Wenceslas Kabeba wrote:
> I'm a failure at prose, it's painfully buckram
> a military vehicle running over a sensory neuron
> damnably surficially square
> a bosky of words with the density of air
> churlish, annoyingly irresolute
> a house of cards kicked by some brute
> a whirling mess of wiggly crap
> a ridiculous redonkulous deathtrap
>
> my sentences commonly break down
> an aquaplane on a freeway in the car of a clown
> a smell rises uncompromisingly from the page
> an annoying crunch an embarassing rage
> no searchlight would find the blight of an original idea
> no communicative sounds but a sleepy dyspnea
>
> and yet some readers with cuboid heads and crusted brains
> half wit minstrels coughing up ballads of trains
> snigger cacaphanously at my swill
> trumpeting my constipated ill will
> my perky whitewash of intelligence
> inconstant bitter small preeminence
> churns a small aggregate to vermilion
> and they paypal me untold billions
> they natter unkindly like old squaws
> or maladjusted macaws
> while I frivolously cash their providential tidings
> for sumptuously craven ashcan elidings
>
> this is the life I've gracelessly managed
> cooly ignoring my annoying advantage
> I have custody of my marketplace
> calling out it's lamb-like fact
> I annex it's ideas and make them presentable
> a hackworkd minstrel of the purely lamentable
> to flat faced stand up goons
> the king devil of incisive lampoons
>
> others may catch and arrange the unconscious
> my smallness is bitterish and unselfconscious
> and still others may masquerade as noble starvelings
> aurified woebegone darlings
> not I, I've erected the furthest partition
> assimilating my maladjusted mission
> from the flumping assonant mass of rampageing Kultur
> the vapor density of a sumptuous vulture
>
> $and I've done well at it$
> $send more money and I shall not quit$
>
> Wenceslas Kabeba
> copyright 2021

Interesting....

Re: I'm a failure at prose, it's painfully buckram v. 2021

<a0cc9c95-2f36-4f7f-869f-b726c96e4df3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2834&group=rec.arts.poems#2834

Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 15:10:00 -0800 (PST)
From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George J. Dance)
 by: George J. Dance - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 23:10 UTC

On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 11:48:16 AM UTC-5, Wenceslas Kabeba wrote:
> I'm a failure at prose, it's painfully buckram
> a military vehicle running over a sensory neuron
> damnably surficially square
> a bosky of words with the density of air
> churlish, annoyingly irresolute
> a house of cards kicked by some brute
> a whirling mess of wiggly crap
> a ridiculous redonkulous deathtrap
>
> my sentences commonly break down
> an aquaplane on a freeway in the car of a clown
> a smell rises uncompromisingly from the page
> an annoying crunch an embarassing rage
> no searchlight would find the blight of an original idea
> no communicative sounds but a sleepy dyspnea
>
> and yet some readers with cuboid heads and crusted brains
> half wit minstrels coughing up ballads of trains
> snigger cacaphanously at my swill
> trumpeting my constipated ill will
> my perky whitewash of intelligence
> inconstant bitter small preeminence
> churns a small aggregate to vermilion
> and they paypal me untold billions
> they natter unkindly like old squaws
> or maladjusted macaws
> while I frivolously cash their providential tidings
> for sumptuously craven ashcan elidings
>
> this is the life I've gracelessly managed
> cooly ignoring my annoying advantage
> I have custody of my marketplace
> calling out it's lamb-like fact
> I annex it's ideas and make them presentable
> a hackworkd minstrel of the purely lamentable
> to flat faced stand up goons
> the king devil of incisive lampoons
>
> others may catch and arrange the unconscious
> my smallness is bitterish and unselfconscious
> and still others may masquerade as noble starvelings
> aurified woebegone darlings
> not I, I've erected the furthest partition
> assimilating my maladjusted mission
> from the flumping assonant mass of rampageing Kultur
> the vapor density of a sumptuous vulture
>
> $and I've done well at it$
> $send more money and I shall not quit$
>
> Wenceslas Kabeba
> copyright 2021

Hi. I'm bumping your poem, without prejudice, to get it back to page 1. The intent is that new readers who come here can better see the number of poets posting here and sample the variety of poems being posted.