From: jbee...@invalid.net.invalid (Joy Beeson)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.fandom
Subject: El Padrino
Date: Fri, 05 May 2023 21:49:56 -0400
 by: Joy Beeson - Sat, 6 May 2023 01:49 UTC

There's an upside to the 2014 decline of r.a.sf.f. -- With an hour
taken out of my computer time, I've had to stop posting in r.a.sf.w.,
and I read the English usage newsgroup by reading the first post in
each thread, then clicking "ignore", but I can post my puzzlement
about El Padrino here, confident that I'm not committing myself to
read a wandering two-hundred-post thread.

I looked "El Padrino" up, and it means "The Godfather", with all the
connotations that it has in the movie.

So what makes "El Paddrino" a suitable name for a fruit-and-vegetable
store?

It's a pity that guavas will be out of season before I can go back to
El Padrino. A fresh, dead-ripe guava is great when spread on a
buttered wheat roll.

Another bite out of computer time: with the sun setting later, and
daylight time having been replaced by double-daylight time, I can
leave the house after supper.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net