I hate dying. -- Dave Johnson

arts / rec.music.classical.recordings / Critics enthused by Dynagroove

SubjectAuthor
* Critics enthused by Dynagrooveweary flake
+* Re: Critics enthused by DynagrooveDan Koren
|`- Re: Critics enthused by DynagrooveOwen
+- Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroovegggg gggg
+* Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroovecooper...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Critics enthused by DynagrooveJohn Fowler
+- Re: Critics enthused by DynagrooveDan Koren
+- Re: Critics enthused by DynagrooveDan Koren
+- Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroovegggg gggg
`* Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroovegggg gggg
 +- Re: Critics enthused by DynagrooveDan Koren
 +- Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroovegggg gggg
 `* Re: Critics enthused by DynagrooveLarryLap
  `- Re: Critics enthused by DynagrooveOwen

1
Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<1u6dnTjAOrZVLE_9nZ2dnUU7-WXNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27412&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#27412

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
From: wearyfl...@gmail.com (weary flake)
Subject: Critics enthused by Dynagroove
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 21:00:07 -0700
 by: weary flake - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 04:00 UTC

For fans of revolutionary audio technology breakthrough hype
here's praise of Dynagroove from the back of an LP, unfortunately
missing the insert INSIDE: THE STORY ABOUT DYNAGROOVE -- WHAT IS IT?
WHAT WILL IT DO FOR YOU? So buy Dynagoove or be a luddite!:

THE NEW SOUND OF THE STARS -- Red Seal Mono SP-33-224

This one record will tell you more about DYNOGROOVE than any amount
of technical information could possibly suggest. Play it -- on whatever
phonograph you own -- and you will quickly discover how much DYNOGROOVE
has added to your listening enjoyment.

What the critics are saying about DYNAGROOVE

William D. Laffler -- United Press International

"The new process possibly is the greatest breakthrough
in recorded sound since the introduction of the long
play record."

Doug Watt -- New York News

"... a dramatic advance in fidelity."

Conrad L. Osborne -- High Fidelity

"... the sound has a freshness and lift that bar
any possibility of listening fatigue."

Jack Suitner -- San Francisco Chronicle

"Dynagroove is not a gimmick. The improvement is
noticeable."

Dean Wallace -- San Francisco Chronicle

"The result can be heard by anyone with even a
moderately decent phonograph ..."

Herman Schaden -- Washington Sunday Star

"Victor's claims of less distortion from outer groove
to inner groove seem to be borne out, as do the
claims for good tonal qualities at either high or
low volume."

Durwood McAlister -- Atlanta Journal

"... most important, I think, and most significant,
is the fact that the innovations offered by the RCA
process are beneficial to owners of less-expensive
record players."

Time Magazine

"The result is the highest of the fi's ..."

Robert Taylor -- Boston Sunday Herald

"The new RCA Victor process known as Dynagroove
sounds to us remarkably lifelike and vibrant."

Arthur Bloomfield -- San Francisco New-Call Bulletin

"His master is in better voice ... Incidentally,
there is nothing so radical about Dynagroove that
new equipment is needed."

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<b4cfdc1a-986a-4eb0-a09a-647138d3c034n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27414&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#27414

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 21:13:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove
From: dan.ko...@gmail.com (Dan Koren)
 by: Dan Koren - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 04:13 UTC

On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 12:00:17 AM UTC-4, weary flake wrote:

> "The result can be heard by anyone with
> even a moderately decent phonograph ..."
>
> Herman Schaden -- Washington Sunday Star

No ears needed ?!? And what is a
"moderately decent phonograph"?

dk

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<ab85fb08-cd96-473f-8ec5-4b5b3b8e0d54n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27423&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#27423

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 22:20:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: ggggg9...@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 05:20 UTC

https://www.stereophile.com/asweseeit/95/index.html

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<f6d80e09-7560-40ab-aa55-16015cb6a013n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27425&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#27425

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 22:24:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: ggggg9...@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 05:24 UTC

On Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 9:00:17 PM UTC-7, weary flake wrote:
> For fans of revolutionary audio technology breakthrough hype
> here's praise of Dynagroove from the back of an LP, unfortunately
> missing the insert INSIDE: THE STORY ABOUT DYNAGROOVE -- WHAT IS IT?
> WHAT WILL IT DO FOR YOU? So buy Dynagoove or be a luddite!:
>

> THE NEW SOUND OF THE STARS -- Red Seal Mono SP-33-224
>
> This one record will tell you more about DYNOGROOVE than any amount
> of technical information could possibly suggest. Play it -- on whatever
> phonograph you own -- and you will quickly discover how much DYNOGROOVE
> has added to your listening enjoyment.
>
> What the critics are saying about DYNAGROOVE
>
> William D. Laffler -- United Press International
>
> "The new process possibly is the greatest breakthrough
> in recorded sound since the introduction of the long
> play record."
>
> Doug Watt -- New York News
>
> "... a dramatic advance in fidelity."
>
> Conrad L. Osborne -- High Fidelity
>
> "... the sound has a freshness and lift that bar
> any possibility of listening fatigue."
>
> Jack Suitner -- San Francisco Chronicle
>
> "Dynagroove is not a gimmick. The improvement is
> noticeable."
>
> Dean Wallace -- San Francisco Chronicle
>
> "The result can be heard by anyone with even a
> moderately decent phonograph ..."
>
> Herman Schaden -- Washington Sunday Star
>
> "Victor's claims of less distortion from outer groove
> to inner groove seem to be borne out, as do the
> claims for good tonal qualities at either high or
> low volume."
>
> Durwood McAlister -- Atlanta Journal
>
> "... most important, I think, and most significant,
> is the fact that the innovations offered by the RCA
> process are beneficial to owners of less-expensive
> record players."
>
> Time Magazine
>
> "The result is the highest of the fi's ..."
>
> Robert Taylor -- Boston Sunday Herald
>
> "The new RCA Victor process known as Dynagroove
> sounds to us remarkably lifelike and vibrant."
>
> Arthur Bloomfield -- San Francisco New-Call Bulletin
>
> "His master is in better voice ... Incidentally,
> there is nothing so radical about Dynagroove that
> new equipment is needed."

According to this:

- This, of course, is the old story all over again. The serious listener, who listens to music instead of using it as a pleasant background for conversation, is a nobody as far as the record industry is concerned, and does not warrant its consideration.

https://www.stereophile.com/asweseeit/95/index.html

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<74c5c368-1d5b-49dd-a7df-9662beb88568n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27433&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#27433

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 03:32:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: johnwyma...@gmail.com (John Fowler)
 by: John Fowler - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 10:32 UTC

On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 12:24:29 AM UTC-5, gggg gggg wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 9:00:17 PM UTC-7, weary flake wrote:
> > For fans of revolutionary audio technology breakthrough hype
> > here's praise of Dynagroove from the back of an LP, unfortunately
> > missing the insert INSIDE: THE STORY ABOUT DYNAGROOVE -- WHAT IS IT?
> > WHAT WILL IT DO FOR YOU? So buy Dynagoove or be a luddite!:
> >

> > THE NEW SOUND OF THE STARS -- Red Seal Mono SP-33-224
> >
> > This one record will tell you more about DYNOGROOVE than any amount
> > of technical information could possibly suggest. Play it -- on whatever
> > phonograph you own -- and you will quickly discover how much DYNOGROOVE
> > has added to your listening enjoyment.
> >
> > What the critics are saying about DYNAGROOVE
> >
> > William D. Laffler -- United Press International
> >
> > "The new process possibly is the greatest breakthrough
> > in recorded sound since the introduction of the long
> > play record."
> >
> > Doug Watt -- New York News
> >
> > "... a dramatic advance in fidelity."
> >
> > Conrad L. Osborne -- High Fidelity
> >
> > "... the sound has a freshness and lift that bar
> > any possibility of listening fatigue."
> >
> > Jack Suitner -- San Francisco Chronicle
> >
> > "Dynagroove is not a gimmick. The improvement is
> > noticeable."
> >
> > Dean Wallace -- San Francisco Chronicle
> >
> > "The result can be heard by anyone with even a
> > moderately decent phonograph ..."
> >
> > Herman Schaden -- Washington Sunday Star
> >
> > "Victor's claims of less distortion from outer groove
> > to inner groove seem to be borne out, as do the
> > claims for good tonal qualities at either high or
> > low volume."
> >
> > Durwood McAlister -- Atlanta Journal
> >
> > "... most important, I think, and most significant,
> > is the fact that the innovations offered by the RCA
> > process are beneficial to owners of less-expensive
> > record players."
> >
> > Time Magazine
> >
> > "The result is the highest of the fi's ..."
> >
> > Robert Taylor -- Boston Sunday Herald
> >
> > "The new RCA Victor process known as Dynagroove
> > sounds to us remarkably lifelike and vibrant."
> >
> > Arthur Bloomfield -- San Francisco New-Call Bulletin
> >
> > "His master is in better voice ... Incidentally,
> > there is nothing so radical about Dynagroove that
> > new equipment is needed."
> According to this:
>
> - This, of course, is the old story all over again. The serious listener, who listens to music instead of using it as a pleasant background for conversation, is a nobody as far as the record industry is concerned, and does not warrant its consideration.
>
> https://www.stereophile.com/asweseeit/95/index.html

As a geezer who was buying records in the '60s, I can confirm that Dynagroove was crap.

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<ugg6dgpt2078qnhjbonjmg794a6g0l3i90@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27450&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#27450

From: mjq...@mjq.net (Mr. Mike)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 07:16:48 -0700
 by: Mr. Mike - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 14:16 UTC

On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 03:32:26 -0700 (PDT), John Fowler
<johnwyman5549@gmail.com> wrote:

>As a geezer who was buying records in the '60s, I can confirm that Dynagroove was crap

Which was really worse, Dynagroove or Dynawarp? (The latter = RCA
records made of plastic which was so flimsy they looked like Salvador
Dali watches.)

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<f66dnaTVDpSU1k79nZ2dnUU7-LHNnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27454&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#27454

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
From: frankdbe...@gmail.com (Frank Berger)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 10:53:54 -0400
 by: Frank Berger - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 14:53 UTC

On 6/23/2021 10:16 AM, Mr. Mike wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 03:32:26 -0700 (PDT), John Fowler
> <johnwyman5549@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> As a geezer who was buying records in the '60s, I can confirm that Dynagroove was crap
>
> Which was really worse, Dynagroove or Dynawarp?

Technically Dynaflex, introduced several years after Dynagroove.

(The latter = RCA
> records made of plastic which was so flimsy they looked like Salvador
> Dali watches.)

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<238aecb5-4c1b-436a-aca1-8c11dfa1c8b1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27455&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#27455

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 08:02:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: cooperal...@gmail.com (cooper...@gmail.com)
 by: cooper...@gmail.com - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 15:02 UTC

On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 12:00:17 AM UTC-4, weary flake wrote:
> For fans of revolutionary audio technology breakthrough hype
> here's praise of Dynagroove from the back of an LP, unfortunately
> missing the insert INSIDE: THE STORY ABOUT DYNAGROOVE -- WHAT IS IT?
> WHAT WILL IT DO FOR YOU? So buy Dynagoove or be a luddite!:
>

> THE NEW SOUND OF THE STARS -- Red Seal Mono SP-33-224
>
> This one record will tell you more about DYNOGROOVE than any amount
> of technical information could possibly suggest. Play it -- on whatever
> phonograph you own -- and you will quickly discover how much DYNOGROOVE
> has added to your listening enjoyment.
>
> What the critics are saying about DYNAGROOVE
>
> William D. Laffler -- United Press International
>
> "The new process possibly is the greatest breakthrough
> in recorded sound since the introduction of the long
> play record."
>
> Doug Watt -- New York News
>
> "... a dramatic advance in fidelity."
>
> Conrad L. Osborne -- High Fidelity
>
> "... the sound has a freshness and lift that bar
> any possibility of listening fatigue."
>
> Jack Suitner -- San Francisco Chronicle
>
> "Dynagroove is not a gimmick. The improvement is
> noticeable."
>
> Dean Wallace -- San Francisco Chronicle
>
> "The result can be heard by anyone with even a
> moderately decent phonograph ..."
>
> Herman Schaden -- Washington Sunday Star
>
> "Victor's claims of less distortion from outer groove
> to inner groove seem to be borne out, as do the
> claims for good tonal qualities at either high or
> low volume."
>
> Durwood McAlister -- Atlanta Journal
>
> "... most important, I think, and most significant,
> is the fact that the innovations offered by the RCA
> process are beneficial to owners of less-expensive
> record players."
>
> Time Magazine
>
> "The result is the highest of the fi's ..."
>
> Robert Taylor -- Boston Sunday Herald
>
> "The new RCA Victor process known as Dynagroove
> sounds to us remarkably lifelike and vibrant."
>
> Arthur Bloomfield -- San Francisco New-Call Bulletin
>
> "His master is in better voice ... Incidentally,
> there is nothing so radical about Dynagroove that
> new equipment is needed."

Still fun to read: https://www.stereophile.com/asweseeit/95/

AC

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<78c8b163-8e75-46ac-9212-70fdb5202a57n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27456&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#27456

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 08:16:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: johnwyma...@gmail.com (John Fowler)
 by: John Fowler - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 15:16 UTC

On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 10:02:53 AM UTC-5, cooper...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 12:00:17 AM UTC-4, weary flake wrote:
> > For fans of revolutionary audio technology breakthrough hype
> > here's praise of Dynagroove from the back of an LP, unfortunately
> > missing the insert INSIDE: THE STORY ABOUT DYNAGROOVE -- WHAT IS IT?
> > WHAT WILL IT DO FOR YOU? So buy Dynagoove or be a luddite!:
> >

> > THE NEW SOUND OF THE STARS -- Red Seal Mono SP-33-224
> >
> > This one record will tell you more about DYNOGROOVE than any amount
> > of technical information could possibly suggest. Play it -- on whatever
> > phonograph you own -- and you will quickly discover how much DYNOGROOVE
> > has added to your listening enjoyment.
> >
> > What the critics are saying about DYNAGROOVE
> >
> > William D. Laffler -- United Press International
> >
> > "The new process possibly is the greatest breakthrough
> > in recorded sound since the introduction of the long
> > play record."
> >
> > Doug Watt -- New York News
> >
> > "... a dramatic advance in fidelity."
> >
> > Conrad L. Osborne -- High Fidelity
> >
> > "... the sound has a freshness and lift that bar
> > any possibility of listening fatigue."
> >
> > Jack Suitner -- San Francisco Chronicle
> >
> > "Dynagroove is not a gimmick. The improvement is
> > noticeable."
> >
> > Dean Wallace -- San Francisco Chronicle
> >
> > "The result can be heard by anyone with even a
> > moderately decent phonograph ..."
> >
> > Herman Schaden -- Washington Sunday Star
> >
> > "Victor's claims of less distortion from outer groove
> > to inner groove seem to be borne out, as do the
> > claims for good tonal qualities at either high or
> > low volume."
> >
> > Durwood McAlister -- Atlanta Journal
> >
> > "... most important, I think, and most significant,
> > is the fact that the innovations offered by the RCA
> > process are beneficial to owners of less-expensive
> > record players."
> >
> > Time Magazine
> >
> > "The result is the highest of the fi's ..."
> >
> > Robert Taylor -- Boston Sunday Herald
> >
> > "The new RCA Victor process known as Dynagroove
> > sounds to us remarkably lifelike and vibrant."
> >
> > Arthur Bloomfield -- San Francisco New-Call Bulletin
> >
> > "His master is in better voice ... Incidentally,
> > there is nothing so radical about Dynagroove that
> > new equipment is needed."
> Still fun to read: https://www.stereophile.com/asweseeit/95/
>
> AC

Dynagroove was crap.
Dynaflex was crap.
RCA's CD-4 four channel audio discs were crap.
RCA's video discs were super-crap.

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<vNidnazX7L_3zE79nZ2dnUU7-XnNnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27457&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#27457

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
From: frankdbe...@gmail.com (Frank Berger)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 11:21:14 -0400
 by: Frank Berger - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 15:21 UTC

On 6/23/2021 6:32 AM, John Fowler wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 12:24:29 AM UTC-5, gggg gggg wrote:
>> On Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 9:00:17 PM UTC-7, weary flake wrote:
>>> For fans of revolutionary audio technology breakthrough hype
>>> here's praise of Dynagroove from the back of an LP, unfortunately
>>> missing the insert INSIDE: THE STORY ABOUT DYNAGROOVE -- WHAT IS IT?
>>> WHAT WILL IT DO FOR YOU? So buy Dynagoove or be a luddite!:
>>>

>>> THE NEW SOUND OF THE STARS -- Red Seal Mono SP-33-224
>>>
>>> This one record will tell you more about DYNOGROOVE than any amount
>>> of technical information could possibly suggest. Play it -- on whatever
>>> phonograph you own -- and you will quickly discover how much DYNOGROOVE
>>> has added to your listening enjoyment.
>>>
>>> What the critics are saying about DYNAGROOVE
>>>
>>> William D. Laffler -- United Press International
>>>
>>> "The new process possibly is the greatest breakthrough
>>> in recorded sound since the introduction of the long
>>> play record."
>>>
>>> Doug Watt -- New York News
>>>
>>> "... a dramatic advance in fidelity."
>>>
>>> Conrad L. Osborne -- High Fidelity
>>>
>>> "... the sound has a freshness and lift that bar
>>> any possibility of listening fatigue."
>>>
>>> Jack Suitner -- San Francisco Chronicle
>>>
>>> "Dynagroove is not a gimmick. The improvement is
>>> noticeable."
>>>
>>> Dean Wallace -- San Francisco Chronicle
>>>
>>> "The result can be heard by anyone with even a
>>> moderately decent phonograph ..."
>>>
>>> Herman Schaden -- Washington Sunday Star
>>>
>>> "Victor's claims of less distortion from outer groove
>>> to inner groove seem to be borne out, as do the
>>> claims for good tonal qualities at either high or
>>> low volume."
>>>
>>> Durwood McAlister -- Atlanta Journal
>>>
>>> "... most important, I think, and most significant,
>>> is the fact that the innovations offered by the RCA
>>> process are beneficial to owners of less-expensive
>>> record players."
>>>
>>> Time Magazine
>>>
>>> "The result is the highest of the fi's ..."
>>>
>>> Robert Taylor -- Boston Sunday Herald
>>>
>>> "The new RCA Victor process known as Dynagroove
>>> sounds to us remarkably lifelike and vibrant."
>>>
>>> Arthur Bloomfield -- San Francisco New-Call Bulletin
>>>
>>> "His master is in better voice ... Incidentally,
>>> there is nothing so radical about Dynagroove that
>>> new equipment is needed."
>> According to this:
>>
>> - This, of course, is the old story all over again. The serious listener, who listens to music instead of using it as a pleasant background for conversation, is a nobody as far as the record industry is concerned, and does not warrant its consideration.
>>
>> https://www.stereophile.com/asweseeit/95/index.html
>
> As a geezer who was buying records in the '60s, I can confirm that Dynagroove was crap.

A little research indicates there was plenty of contemporaneous criticism of Dynagroove.

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<sb02oj$217$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27474&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#27474

From: pep...@comcast.net (Ed Presson)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 12:41:04 -0700
 by: Ed Presson - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 19:41 UTC

"John Fowler" wrote in message

> > snip <<

>As a geezer who was buying records in the '60s, I can confirm that
>Dynagroove was crap.

Seconded.

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<6e739fc5-9312-4a4d-a51e-28e7bf26e925n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27475&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#27475

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 12:50:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: dan.ko...@gmail.com (Dan Koren)
 by: Dan Koren - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 19:50 UTC

On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 12:00:17 AM UTC-4, weary flake wrote:
> For fans of revolutionary audio technology breakthrough hype
> here's praise of Dynagroove from the back of an LP, unfortunately
> missing the insert INSIDE: THE STORY ABOUT DYNAGROOVE -- WHAT IS IT?
> WHAT WILL IT DO FOR YOU? So buy Dynagoove or be a luddite!:
>

> THE NEW SOUND OF THE STARS -- Red Seal Mono SP-33-224
>
> This one record will tell you more about DYNOGROOVE than any amount
> of technical information could possibly suggest. Play it -- on whatever
> phonograph you own -- and you will quickly discover how much DYNOGROOVE
> has added to your listening enjoyment.
>
> What the critics are saying about DYNAGROOVE
>
> William D. Laffler -- United Press International
>
> "The new process possibly is the greatest breakthrough
> in recorded sound since the introduction of the long
> play record."
>
> Doug Watt -- New York News
>
> "... a dramatic advance in fidelity."
>
> Conrad L. Osborne -- High Fidelity
>
> "... the sound has a freshness and lift that bar
> any possibility of listening fatigue."
>
> Jack Suitner -- San Francisco Chronicle
>
> "Dynagroove is not a gimmick. The improvement is
> noticeable."
>
> Dean Wallace -- San Francisco Chronicle
>
> "The result can be heard by anyone with even a
> moderately decent phonograph ..."
>
> Herman Schaden -- Washington Sunday Star
>
> "Victor's claims of less distortion from outer groove
> to inner groove seem to be borne out, as do the
> claims for good tonal qualities at either high or
> low volume."
>
> Durwood McAlister -- Atlanta Journal
>
> "... most important, I think, and most significant,
> is the fact that the innovations offered by the RCA
> process are beneficial to owners of less-expensive
> record players."
>
> Time Magazine
>
> "The result is the highest of the fi's ..."
>
> Robert Taylor -- Boston Sunday Herald
>
> "The new RCA Victor process known as Dynagroove
> sounds to us remarkably lifelike and vibrant."
>
> Arthur Bloomfield -- San Francisco New-Call Bulletin
>
> "His master is in better voice ... Incidentally,
> there is nothing so radical about Dynagroove that
> new equipment is needed."

Dynagroove was designed on purpose to
make recordings sound "better" on older
cheaper turntables with conical tip
cartridges.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynagroove

It was a disgrace. During the 1960s I had a
part time job as record reviewer/buyer for
the music section of the national library
of a small European country. We simply
stopped ordering RCA LPs because of
Dynagroove, choosing instead to order
the equivalent European pressings.

dk

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<2c4323dd-934f-44c1-87c3-5288cab9f9b9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27476&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#27476

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 13:12:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: dan.ko...@gmail.com (Dan Koren)
 by: Dan Koren - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 20:12 UTC

On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 12:00:17 AM UTC-4, weary flake wrote:
> For fans of revolutionary audio technology breakthrough hype
> here's praise of Dynagroove from the back of an LP, unfortunately
> missing the insert INSIDE: THE STORY ABOUT DYNAGROOVE -- WHAT IS IT?
> WHAT WILL IT DO FOR YOU? So buy Dynagoove or be a luddite!:

https://www.stereophile.com/asweseeit/95/index.html

dk

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<6PMAI.845678$nn2.11969@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27479&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#27479

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
From: bob.har...@comcast.net (Bob Harper)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 13:27:45 -0700
 by: Bob Harper - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 20:27 UTC

On 6/23/21 7:53 AM, Frank Berger wrote:
> On 6/23/2021 10:16 AM, Mr. Mike wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 03:32:26 -0700 (PDT), John Fowler
>> <johnwyman5549@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> As a geezer who was buying records in the '60s, I can confirm that
>>> Dynagroove was crap
>>
>> Which was really worse, Dynagroove or Dynawarp?
>
> Technically Dynaflex, introduced several years after Dynagroove.
>
> (The latter = RCA
>> records made of plastic which was so flimsy they looked like Salvador
>> Dali watches.)

Dynagroove was crap, as Mr. Fowler states. Dynawarp (or Dynaflex, to
give it its proper name) was the offspring of Dynagroove and higher oil
prices-->higher vinyl prices-->thinner records, and was crap cubed.

Bob Harper

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<2e6e2c07-0f42-4fdc-8ddd-44629107d300n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27489&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#27489

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 14:39:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: ggggg9...@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 21:39 UTC

On Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 9:00:17 PM UTC-7, weary flake wrote:
> For fans of revolutionary audio technology breakthrough hype
> here's praise of Dynagroove from the back of an LP, unfortunately
> missing the insert INSIDE: THE STORY ABOUT DYNAGROOVE -- WHAT IS IT?
> WHAT WILL IT DO FOR YOU? So buy Dynagoove or be a luddite!:
>

> THE NEW SOUND OF THE STARS -- Red Seal Mono SP-33-224
>
> This one record will tell you more about DYNOGROOVE than any amount
> of technical information could possibly suggest. Play it -- on whatever
> phonograph you own -- and you will quickly discover how much DYNOGROOVE
> has added to your listening enjoyment.
>
> What the critics are saying about DYNAGROOVE
>
> William D. Laffler -- United Press International
>
> "The new process possibly is the greatest breakthrough
> in recorded sound since the introduction of the long
> play record."
>
> Doug Watt -- New York News
>
> "... a dramatic advance in fidelity."
>
> Conrad L. Osborne -- High Fidelity
>
> "... the sound has a freshness and lift that bar
> any possibility of listening fatigue."
>
> Jack Suitner -- San Francisco Chronicle
>
> "Dynagroove is not a gimmick. The improvement is
> noticeable."
>
> Dean Wallace -- San Francisco Chronicle
>
> "The result can be heard by anyone with even a
> moderately decent phonograph ..."
>
> Herman Schaden -- Washington Sunday Star
>
> "Victor's claims of less distortion from outer groove
> to inner groove seem to be borne out, as do the
> claims for good tonal qualities at either high or
> low volume."
>
> Durwood McAlister -- Atlanta Journal
>
> "... most important, I think, and most significant,
> is the fact that the innovations offered by the RCA
> process are beneficial to owners of less-expensive
> record players."
>
> Time Magazine
>
> "The result is the highest of the fi's ..."
>
> Robert Taylor -- Boston Sunday Herald
>
> "The new RCA Victor process known as Dynagroove
> sounds to us remarkably lifelike and vibrant."
>
> Arthur Bloomfield -- San Francisco New-Call Bulletin
>
> "His master is in better voice ... Incidentally,
> there is nothing so radical about Dynagroove that
> new equipment is needed."

As I recall, Dynagroove recordings began appearing in the early sixties when RCA Victor affiliated itself with Reader's Digest to sell lp box sets (e.g., Mood Music) that would appeal to the middlebrow tastes of the masses (as opposed to the highbrow tastes of elites which Living Stereo had been serving) where presumably there were more profits to be made:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dynagroove+box+sets&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ALeKk01xCBiXEl3Phe9ZS1R8eLEw0qq-7w%3A1624483952387&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=657&ei=cKjTYMSVFdfH-gTH97OIAQ&oq=dynagroove+box+sets&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzoECCMQJzoFCAAQsQM6CAgAELEDEIMBOgIIADoECAAQHjoGCAAQChAYOgQIABAYUJwIWI0wYJAxaAJwAHgAgAGTAogBgROSAQYxNS40LjKYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZw&sclient=img&ved=0ahUKEwjEjbGn2q7xAhXXo54KHcf7DBEQ4dUDCAc&uact=5

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<57458734-6c48-4290-9cb0-c20fd7977a31n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27495&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#27495

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 15:02:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: ggggg9...@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 22:02 UTC

On Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 9:00:17 PM UTC-7, weary flake wrote:
> For fans of revolutionary audio technology breakthrough hype
> here's praise of Dynagroove from the back of an LP, unfortunately
> missing the insert INSIDE: THE STORY ABOUT DYNAGROOVE -- WHAT IS IT?
> WHAT WILL IT DO FOR YOU? So buy Dynagoove or be a luddite!:
>

> THE NEW SOUND OF THE STARS -- Red Seal Mono SP-33-224
>
> This one record will tell you more about DYNOGROOVE than any amount
> of technical information could possibly suggest. Play it -- on whatever
> phonograph you own -- and you will quickly discover how much DYNOGROOVE
> has added to your listening enjoyment.
>
> What the critics are saying about DYNAGROOVE
>
> William D. Laffler -- United Press International
>
> "The new process possibly is the greatest breakthrough
> in recorded sound since the introduction of the long
> play record."
>
> Doug Watt -- New York News
>
> "... a dramatic advance in fidelity."
>
> Conrad L. Osborne -- High Fidelity
>
> "... the sound has a freshness and lift that bar
> any possibility of listening fatigue."
>
> Jack Suitner -- San Francisco Chronicle
>
> "Dynagroove is not a gimmick. The improvement is
> noticeable."
>
> Dean Wallace -- San Francisco Chronicle
>
> "The result can be heard by anyone with even a
> moderately decent phonograph ..."
>
> Herman Schaden -- Washington Sunday Star
>
> "Victor's claims of less distortion from outer groove
> to inner groove seem to be borne out, as do the
> claims for good tonal qualities at either high or
> low volume."
>
> Durwood McAlister -- Atlanta Journal
>
> "... most important, I think, and most significant,
> is the fact that the innovations offered by the RCA
> process are beneficial to owners of less-expensive
> record players."
>
> Time Magazine
>
> "The result is the highest of the fi's ..."
>
> Robert Taylor -- Boston Sunday Herald
>
> "The new RCA Victor process known as Dynagroove
> sounds to us remarkably lifelike and vibrant."
>
> Arthur Bloomfield -- San Francisco New-Call Bulletin
>
> "His master is in better voice ... Incidentally,
> there is nothing so radical about Dynagroove that
> new equipment is needed."

As I recall, Dynagroove recordings began appearing in the early sixties when RCA Victor affiliated itself with Reader's Digest to sell lp box sets (e.g., "Mood Music for Listening and Relaxation") that would appeal to the middlebrow tastes of the masses (as opposed to the highbrow tastes of elites which Living Stereo had been serving) where presumably there were more profits to be made:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dynagroove+box+sets&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ALeKk01xCBiXEl3Phe9ZS1R8eLEw0qq-7w%3A1624483952387&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=657&ei=cKjTYMSVFdfH-gTH97OIAQ&oq=dynagroove+box+sets&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzoECCMQJzoFCAAQsQM6CAgAELEDEIMBOgIIADoECAAQHjoGCAAQChAYOgQIABAYUJwIWI0wYJAxaAJwAHgAgAGTAogBgROSAQYxNS40LjKYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZw&sclient=img&ved=0ahUKEwjEjbGn2q7xAhXXo54KHcf7DBEQ4dUDCAc&uact=5

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<71cb6dfa-a9dc-4181-af23-2562a2a0d642n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27507&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#27507

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 16:20:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: dan.ko...@gmail.com (Dan Koren)
 by: Dan Koren - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 23:20 UTC

On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 6:02:30 PM UTC-4, gggg gggg wrote:

> As I recall, Dynagroove recordings began appearing in
> the early sixties when RCA Victor affiliated itself with
> Reader's Digest to sell lp box sets (e.g., "Mood Music
> for Listening and Relaxation") that would appeal to the
< middlebrow tastes of the masses (as opposed to the
> highbrow tastes of elites which Living Stereo had been
> serving) where presumably there were more profits to
> be made:

1963 to be precise.

dk

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<bKWdnU7wRJw0Gkn9nZ2dnUU7-Q-dnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27553&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#27553

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
From: inf...@clipboardinc.com (Owen)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 09:24:57 -0400
 by: Owen - Thu, 24 Jun 2021 13:24 UTC

<https://youtubemusicsucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/old-gramophone.jpg>

-Owen

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<30fb765e-d833-41c0-9b4b-bfdf4889c67cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=29311&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#29311

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 11:26:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: ggggg9...@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Mon, 26 Jul 2021 18:26 UTC

https://www.google.com/books/edition/Fritz_Reiner/4AMPNyaD-CkC?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=%22rca-victor+had+recently+arranged+with+reader%27s+digest+to+make+special+recordings%22&pg=PA231&printsec=frontcover

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<3cf6895e-a38b-4162-ae3e-0f5f6c74a72fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=29440&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#29440

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 16:40:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: larry.la...@gmail.com (LarryLap)
 by: LarryLap - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 23:40 UTC

> [...]
> > new equipment is needed."
> As I recall, Dynagroove recordings began appearing in the early sixties when RCA Victor affiliated itself with Reader's Digest to sell lp box sets (e.g., "Mood Music for Listening and Relaxation") that would appeal to the middlebrow tastes of the masses (as opposed to the highbrow tastes of elites which Living Stereo had been serving) where presumably there were more profits to be made:
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q=dynagroove+box+sets&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ALeKk01xCBiXEl3Phe9ZS1R8eLEw0qq-7w%3A1624483952387&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=657&ei=cKjTYMSVFdfH-gTH97OIAQ&oq=dynagroove+box+sets&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzoECCMQJzoFCAAQsQM6CAgAELEDEIMBOgIIADoECAAQHjoGCAAQChAYOgQIABAYUJwIWI0wYJAxaAJwAHgAgAGTAogBgROSAQYxNS40LjKYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZw&sclient=img&ved=0ahUKEwjEjbGn2q7xAhXXo54KHcf7DBEQ4dUDCAc&uact=5
As I heard it from Seymour Solomon (of blessed memory), Dynagroove was the engineering response to a push from the marketing department at RCA to push sales of their "Home Entertainment Centers," which employed turntables with heavy (3+ gram) tonearms with ceramic cartridges and conical styli, which couldn't track high frequencies worth a damn, especially in the inner grooves, where high excursion (loud) passages distorted horribly. The solution was to compress the signal throughout and increase the width of the grooves in the inner third of an LP side. Voila: Dynagroove! Salesmen at Sears and Macy's, where the Entertainment Centers were flogged, would put on a Columbia LP and, after noting how bad it sounded, replace it with the Leinsdorf/BSO Mahler First or Brahms First and comment on their superiority. In my view, it was the beginning of the end of RCA as a serious publisher of classical recordings. It paved the way to the takeover by Bertelsmann, who gave us Maazel rather than Reiner and Buchbinder rather than Rubinstein, and finally sold the catalogue to Sony.

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<gPadna9Pdc-O_pr8nZ2dnUU7-enNnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=29550&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#29550

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
From: inf...@clipboardinc.com (Owen)
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 23:14:27 -0400
 by: Owen - Mon, 2 Aug 2021 03:14 UTC

On 7/29/21 7:40 PM, LarryLap wrote:
> [...]
> As I heard it from Seymour Solomon (of blessed memory), Dynagroove was the engineering response to a push from the marketing department at RCA to push sales of their "Home Entertainment Centers," which employed turntables with heavy (3+ gram) tonearms with ceramic cartridges and conical styli, which couldn't track high frequencies worth a damn, especially in the inner grooves, where high excursion (loud) passages distorted horribly. The solution was to compress the signal throughout and increase the width of the grooves in the inner third of an LP side. Voila: Dynagroove! Salesmen at Sears and Macy's, where the Entertainment Centers were flogged, would put on a Columbia LP and, after noting how bad it sounded, replace it with the Leinsdorf/BSO Mahler First or Brahms First and comment on their superiority. In my view, it was the beginning of the end of RCA as a serious publisher of classical recordings. It paved the way to the takeover by Bertelsmann, who gave us Maazel rather than Reiner and Buchbinder rather than Rubinstein, and finally sold the catalogue to Sony.

Let's see -- were any of the above damning with faint praise? Perhaps
some of them hedged their bets against being shutout of RCA freebees by
careful parsing of their words:
>>> Conrad L. Osborne -- High Fidelity
>>>
>>> "... the sound has a freshness and lift that bar
>>> any possibility of listening fatigue."
Translation: It sounds so bad that you'll turn it off much quicker than
you could ever tire of it
>>> Dean Wallace -- San Francisco Chronicle
>>>
>>> "The result can be heard by anyone with even a
>>> moderately decent phonograph ..."

Translation: It's so bad, even you can tell the difference.

>>> Durwood McAlister -- Atlanta Journal
>>>
>>> "... most important, I think, and most significant,
>>> is the fact that the innovations offered by the RCA
>>> process are beneficial to owners of less-expensive
>>> record players."

Translation: You've got to have pretty bad equipment for this to sound
somewhat decent.
>>> Arthur Bloomfield -- San Francisco New-Call Bulletin
>>>
>>> "His master is in better voice
Translation: in better voice than Dynagroove
>>> ... Incidentally,
>>> there is nothing so radical about Dynagroove that
>>> new equipment is needed."
Translation: Better equipment will only sound worse.
All the rest sold their souls...
-Owen

Re: Critics enthused by Dynagroove

<3fdfb555-9b19-41c7-9b10-ff86591004een@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=35828&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#35828

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 23:33:46 -0800 (PST)
From: ggggg9...@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 07:33 UTC

On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 4:54:09 AM UTC-10, Frank Berger wrote:
> On 6/23/2021 10:16 AM, Mr. Mike wrote:
> > On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 03:32:26 -0700 (PDT), John Fowler
> > <johnwy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> As a geezer who was buying records in the '60s, I can confirm that Dynagroove was crap
> >
> > Which was really worse, Dynagroove or Dynawarp?
> Technically Dynaflex, introduced several years after Dynagroove.

(Recent Y. upload):

RCA Dynaflex Records. Does Size Matter?