Not to laugh, not to lament, not to curse, but to understand. -- Spinoza

arts / rec.music.beatles / Re: looking for recent beatles books in pdf format

SubjectAuthor
* Re: looking for recent beatles books in pdf formatFernando Fonseca
`* Re: looking for recent beatles books in pdf formatScott Cook
 `* Re: looking for recent beatles books in pdf formatgeoff
  `* Re: looking for recent beatles books in pdf formatMATTHEW MCDONALD
   `* Re: looking for recent beatles books in pdf formatgeoff
    `- Re: looking for recent beatles books in pdf formatMATTHEW MCDONALD

1
Re: looking for recent beatles books in pdf format

<76b71e23-c361-4060-8404-ea1754a2e19cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2232&group=rec.music.beatles#2232

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 15:15:05 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: looking for recent beatles books in pdf format
From: fernando...@gmail.com (Fernando Fonseca)
 by: Fernando Fonseca - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 23:15 UTC

On Monday, March 15, 2010 at 2:32:20 AM UTC-3, ermitano wrote:
> i'm looking for Recording The Beatles, by Kevin Ryan and Brian Kehew
> and Here, There And Everywhere by Geoff Emerick. I know i am asking
> too much, but well, there was a time when a pdf version of lewisohn's
> books was really hard to find.. now those books (chronicles and
> sessions) are in several places as free download.
> any idea where to get those books?
> thanks
> p.s. if anyone wants lewisohn's and hal leonard (sheet music) books i
> could send them by email or upload to a website, just ask me for it.

Have you found Recording the Beatles? I attended a lecture of the authors in Abbey Road thinking that they could sell and autograph the books, but they went out running :-(

Re: looking for recent beatles books in pdf format

<4d74cc13-f9e3-4928-a5de-1f4a7aefa7e6n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2247&group=rec.music.beatles#2247

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 22:45:16 -0800 (PST)
From: nscs...@gmail.com (Scott Cook)
 by: Scott Cook - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 06:45 UTC

Hi all.

I purchased two copies of the book as pre-orders when it originally came out. I still have both copies. I've been seeing lately that copies have sold for between 1000 and 2000 USD online. This book has been out of print for over a decade. Personally, I would never distribute a PDF out of fear of legal action being taken against me (also, I don't have a PDF of it). I have at times considered de-binding one copy and scanning it for my own personal reading pleasure on my computer or iPad. I think it's pretty weird that the authors come online to talk smack and threaten people but also refuse to re-print the book. Why? It's so weird, especially now that the Peter Jackson documentary is out. No doubt a second edition would sell out as would a third and fourth edition. Kindle versions would make them millionaires. Who even knows what is going on. All that I can say is that if you have the money to pay for a used copy online, get it! It is definitely insane and very detailed! Cheers to all!

> Have you found Recording the Beatles? I attended a lecture of the authors in Abbey Road thinking that they could sell and autograph the books, but they went out running :-(

Re: looking for recent beatles books in pdf format

<X9GdnTbRLYxsoDj8nZ2dnUU7-ffNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2254&group=rec.music.beatles#2254

Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 09:53:57 +1300
Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 20:53 UTC

On 29/11/2021 7:45 pm, Scott Cook wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I purchased two copies of the book as pre-orders when it originally came out. I still have both copies. I've been seeing lately that copies have sold for between 1000 and 2000 USD online. This book has been out of print for over a decade. Personally, I would never distribute a PDF out of fear of legal action being taken against me (also, I don't have a PDF of it). I have at times considered de-binding one copy and scanning it for my own personal reading pleasure on my computer or iPad. I think it's pretty weird that the authors come online to talk smack and threaten people but also refuse to re-print the book. Why? It's so weird, especially now that the Peter Jackson documentary is out. No doubt a second edition would sell out as would a third and fourth edition. Kindle versions would make them millionaires. Who even knows what is going on. All that I can say is that if you have the money to pay for a used copy online, get it! It is definitely insane and very detailed! Cheers to all!
>

>> Have you found Recording the Beatles? I attended a lecture of the authors in Abbey Road thinking that they could sell and autograph the books, but they went out running :-(

It is a fantastic book. I got mine early on, new from the publishers,
Curvebender.
If anybody is interested in purchasing a copy (a PDF would devalue the
whole concept), look here :
http://www.curvebender.com/recordingthebeatlesdeluxeedition.aspx
geoff

Re: looking for recent beatles books in pdf format

<0b6a3ea9-f7aa-42d9-afd5-a2aa944f002dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2693&group=rec.music.beatles#2693

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 13:57:25 -0800 (PST)
From: mnm...@scarletmail.rutgers.edu (MATTHEW MCDONALD)
 by: MATTHEW MCDONALD - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 21:57 UTC

On Monday, November 29, 2021 at 12:54:16 PM UTC-8, geoff wrote:
> On 29/11/2021 7:45 pm, Scott Cook wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I purchased two copies of the book as pre-orders when it originally came out. I still have both copies. I've been seeing lately that copies have sold for between 1000 and 2000 USD online. This book has been out of print for over a decade. Personally, I would never distribute a PDF out of fear of legal action being taken against me (also, I don't have a PDF of it). I have at times considered de-binding one copy and scanning it for my own personal reading pleasure on my computer or iPad. I think it's pretty weird that the authors come online to talk smack and threaten people but also refuse to re-print the book. Why? It's so weird, especially now that the Peter Jackson documentary is out. No doubt a second edition would sell out as would a third and fourth edition. Kindle versions would make them millionaires. Who even knows what is going on. All that I can say is that if you have the money to pay for a used copy online, get it! It is definitely insane and very detailed! Cheers to all!
> >

> >> Have you found Recording the Beatles? I attended a lecture of the authors in Abbey Road thinking that they could sell and autograph the books, but they went out running :-(
> >

> It is a fantastic book. I got mine early on, new from the publishers,
> Curvebender.
>
> If anybody is interested in purchasing a copy (a PDF would devalue the
> whole concept), look here :
> http://www.curvebender.com/recordingthebeatlesdeluxeedition.aspx
>
> geoff

-Hey! I was interested to see if anyone ever found the PDF download links? I want to buy this book so bad in physical form but Curvebender basically has been saying for years that a reprint is coming, and I can't financially afford to drop $600 on an old copy. Would just love to know all the crazy detailed technically stuff like REDD design that this tome covers. Shoot me a PM if you find it thank you!

Re: looking for recent beatles books in pdf format

<A6WdnZ9Uwv0GtHr8nZ2dnUU7-cOdnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2696&group=rec.music.beatles#2696

Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 09:56:58 +1300
Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 20:56 UTC

On 18/01/2022 10:57 am, MATTHEW MCDONALD wrote:
> On Monday, November 29, 2021 at 12:54:16 PM UTC-8, geoff wrote:
>> On 29/11/2021 7:45 pm, Scott Cook wrote:
>>> Hi all.
>>>
>>> I purchased two copies of the book as pre-orders when it originally came out. I still have both copies. I've been seeing lately that copies have sold for between 1000 and 2000 USD online. This book has been out of print for over a decade. Personally, I would never distribute a PDF out of fear of legal action being taken against me (also, I don't have a PDF of it). I have at times considered de-binding one copy and scanning it for my own personal reading pleasure on my computer or iPad. I think it's pretty weird that the authors come online to talk smack and threaten people but also refuse to re-print the book. Why? It's so weird, especially now that the Peter Jackson documentary is out. No doubt a second edition would sell out as would a third and fourth edition. Kindle versions would make them millionaires. Who even knows what is going on. All that I can say is that if you have the money to pay for a used copy online, get it! It is definitely insane and very detailed! Cheers to all!

>> It is a fantastic book. I got mine early on, new from the publishers,
>> Curvebender.
>>
>> If anybody is interested in purchasing a copy (a PDF would devalue the
>> whole concept), look here :
>> http://www.curvebender.com/recordingthebeatlesdeluxeedition.aspx
>>
>> geoff
>

> -Hey! I was interested to see if anyone ever found the PDF download links? I want to buy this book so bad in physical form but Curvebender basically has been saying for years that a reprint is coming, and I can't financially afford to drop $600 on an old copy. Would just love to know all the crazy detailed technically stuff like REDD design that this tome covers. Shoot me a PM if you find it thank you!
Have you emailed the Curvies with a request for an update of ETA ?
geoff

Re: looking for recent beatles books in pdf format

<bc51b01d-a5e0-487a-848c-f959bb1486a4n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2758&group=rec.music.beatles#2758

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 20:54:05 -0800 (PST)
From: mnm...@scarletmail.rutgers.edu (MATTHEW MCDONALD)
 by: MATTHEW MCDONALD - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 04:54 UTC

On Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at 12:57:07 PM UTC-8, geoff wrote:
> On 18/01/2022 10:57 am, MATTHEW MCDONALD wrote:

> >> It is a fantastic book. I got mine early on, new from the publishers,
> >> Curvebender.
> >>
> >> If anybody is interested in purchasing a copy (a PDF would devalue the
> >> whole concept), look here :
> >> http://www.curvebender.com/recordingthebeatlesdeluxeedition.aspx
> >>
> >> geoff
> >

> > -Hey! I was interested to see if anyone ever found the PDF download links? I want to buy this book so bad in physical form but Curvebender basically has been saying for years that a reprint is coming, and I can't financially afford to drop $600 on an old copy. Would just love to know all the crazy detailed technically stuff like REDD design that this tome covers. Shoot me a PM if you find it thank you!
> Have you emailed the Curvies with a request for an update of ETA ?
>
> geoff
Yes, basically still has an as yet undefined date for reprinting. I'm sure COVID and all of the issues has made everything even more difficult to print and distribute.
I wouldn't resort to looking for a PDF if it was coming within the next year or so.