That secret you've been guarding, isn't.

arts / rec.music.beatles / Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70s

SubjectAuthor
* A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70sUsurperTom
`* Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70sNorbert K
 `* Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70sUsurperTom
  `* Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70sNorbert K
   +* Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70sEmma Smulders
   |`- Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70sNorbert K
   +- Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70sUsurperTom
   `* Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70sUsurperTom
    `* Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70sNorbert K
     `* Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70sUsurperTom
      `* Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70sNorbert K
       `* Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70sn w
        `- Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70sUsurperTom

1
A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70s

<dfef9361-8583-468a-b5aa-b09fc6707d68n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1589&group=rec.music.beatles#1589

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 21:50:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70s
From: Usurper...@aol.com (UsurperTom)
 by: UsurperTom - Tue, 11 May 2021 04:50 UTC

I don’t want to stir up controversy with this post. I’m just seeking the truth…Susan Headley (AKA Suzy Thunder or Susan Thunder) was a famous hacker during the late 70s and early 80s. Susan later testified against Kevin Mitnick, the head of the hacking operation, in a criminal trial and she also testified before the US Senate on national security. She was the same Suzy Thunder who was a teenage prostitute (born in 1959!) and rock groupie in LA in the late 70s. Here's some info about her days as a groupie on page 347 of Katie Hafner's 1995 book on hackers, "Cyberpunk."

"Over breakfast at the Silver Saddle, where Susan procured me a room for the night, she plied me with chapter and verse on every topic from her days as a groupie (which included, she said, a systematic conquest of all four members of the Beatles)..."

Below are two posts in Usenet linking “Suzy Thunder” to Paul McCartney from a journalist who interviewed her for a 1980 magazine article on groupies.

On June 14, 2002, mslinda posted in the newsgroup alt.gossip.celebrities (thread titled “No pre-nup for Paul and Heather" in reply to “I thought she (Linda McCartney) was the one who insisted in being with him in Wings. To bash any groupies. She was no dummy.”), “If that was her motive, it didn't work. I interviewed several groupies for an article in 1980, and one of them had bagged Paul. Linda C.”

And she later posted (in reply to “Must have been before he was married if he and Linda had spent only one night apart (when he was in jail) during their marriage.”) “Nope. It was during the day at an LA/BevHills hotel during the late 70s. Linda C.”

On September 28, 2005, mslindac posted in the newsgroup rec.music.beatles (thread titled “"Linda is the only woman I will ever love…”), “I interviewed a groupie called Suzy Thunder in 1980 and she said she'd done him. I doubt she was the only one. Linda C.”

This sentence used to be in Susan Headley's Wikipedia article, but it remained in her NationMaster article. I think NationMaster’s website is now gone: “Headley also described herself as a rock groupie in the late 1970s and 1980s, claiming among her alleged conquests various L.A. rock bands and even Paul McCartney.”

Here's some more info about her in this message board from 2003 in the thread titled "Fan/Photographer." Evidently, Keith Moon (who was known to be a close friend of the ex-Beatles during that time period) was also one of her lovers.

https://www.voy.com/93531/2/

"it would be nice to see some of her photos on the website. oh! another thing. does anyone remember a groupie by the name of Suzie Thunder? now that girl was bizarre! scared the living daylights out of me when she'd tell her rated x stories about the guys!"

Someone who worked at an LA radio station in the 70s and knew both Keith and Suzy then responded, "hi .. i knew suzy from when i worked at a radio station in l.a. in the late 70s and from keith moon. she was one of a kind! i would love to know where she is and what happened to her. does anyone know? Is she still in california?"

I found this video of Geraldo Rivera interviewing Suzy Thunder on 20/20 in 1982. It's interesting to note that Geraldo also interviewed John and Yoko in 1972 and Paul and Linda in 1976.

https://hackcur.io/trashing-the-phone-company-with-suzy-thunder/

There's a May 21, 1984 Washington Post article about Susan Headley. It said she got into hacking at 17 after she dropped out of school, ran away from home and moved to LA to work as a waitress.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1984/05/21/hackers-ignore-consequences-of-their-high-tech-joy-rides/6ab0d2fa-68dd-44af-89fe-7dd30927133b/

She's also mentioned in a December 27, 1989 Los Angeles Times article that alludes to her groupie days. "Her fascination is figuring out how to circumvent security systems, a talent she developed as a teen-ager at rock ‘n’ roll concerts," and "She said she has inveigled free tickets for airline flights and concerts."

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1989-12-27-fi-924-story.html

This website briefly mentioned her Beatle connection..."She claims to have slept with all four Beatles, but Susan Headley is most famous for computer hacking."

https://www.pissd.com/2017/08/learning-lawbreakers-5-traits-aspire/?fbclid=IwAR2OyfUZn_sujluHu8WrmWpAFsRkhklMDGS51v9KFxZ76BaG4_P0ovTHzQE

Has anybody here heard of Susan Headley and her alleged encounters to the ex-Beatles (or Keith Moon and any other rock stars)? While Paul, George and Ringo were known to spend a lot of time in LA during the late 70s, the last visit to LA by John that I know of was in June 1976 when John helped out Ringo in the studio while Ringo was recording Ringo's Rotogravure. BTW Paul joined Ringo in the studio to contribute to that same album seven days later.

Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70s

<c8fd2641-aa18-46fc-a88b-e65e9ebfdd62n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1592&group=rec.music.beatles#1592

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 03:25:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Tue, 11 May 2021 10:25 UTC

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 12:50:45 AM UTC-4, UsurperTom wrote:
> [...]
>
> https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1989-12-27-fi-924-story.html
>
> This website briefly mentioned her Beatle connection..."She claims to have slept with all four Beatles, but Susan Headley is most famous for computer hacking."
>
> https://www.pissd.com/2017/08/learning-lawbreakers-5-traits-aspire/?fbclid=IwAR2OyfUZn_sujluHu8WrmWpAFsRkhklMDGS51v9KFxZ76BaG4_P0ovTHzQE
>
> Has anybody here heard of Susan Headley and her alleged encounters to the ex-Beatles (or Keith Moon and any other rock stars)? While Paul, George and Ringo were known to spend a lot of time in LA during the late 70s, the last visit to LA by John that I know of was in June 1976 when John helped out Ringo in the studio while Ringo was recording Ringo's Rotogravure. BTW Paul joined Ringo in the studio to contribute to that same album seven days later.

This is the first I've heard of Headley. Is it known when she is supposed to have been intimate with Paul?

Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70s

<31d14e21-847c-4632-b8f7-3a11b25d09cdn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1594&group=rec.music.beatles#1594

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 08:23:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: Usurper...@aol.com (UsurperTom)
 by: UsurperTom - Tue, 11 May 2021 15:23 UTC

> This is the first I've heard of Headley. Is it known when she is supposed to have been intimate with Paul?

Not the exact date. All I heard was late 70s. Paul and Linda were as adept at PR about their marriage just as John and Yoko were.

Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70s

<b4afc741-ca79-48be-b4df-bd65122c1cd3n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1595&group=rec.music.beatles#1595

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 09:04:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Tue, 11 May 2021 16:04 UTC

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 11:23:04 AM UTC-4, UsurperTom wrote:
> > This is the first I've heard of Headley. Is it known when she is supposed to have been intimate with Paul?
> Not the exact date. All I heard was late 70s. Paul and Linda were as adept at PR about their marriage just as John and Yoko were.

Here's the thing. If I'm following your history of this discussion correctly, somebody brought up Headley to debunk Paul's claim that "Linda is the only woman I've ever loved." The argument doesn't work. Even if Paul slept with Headley, his claim is that Linda is the only woman he loved -- not that she is the only woman he ever slept with.

A more effective rebuttal to Paul's claim about Linda would be Jane Asher. Does anyone doubt he loved her?

Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70s

<7b40ae31-5647-429d-aa7f-bf38a78a709an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1596&group=rec.music.beatles#1596

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 09:47:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: emma.smu...@gmail.com (Emma Smulders)
 by: Emma Smulders - Tue, 11 May 2021 16:47 UTC

Op dinsdag 11 mei 2021 om 18:04:20 UTC+2 schreef Norbert K:
> On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 11:23:04 AM UTC-4, UsurperTom wrote:
> > > This is the first I've heard of Headley. Is it known when she is supposed to have been intimate with Paul?
> > Not the exact date. All I heard was late 70s. Paul and Linda were as adept at PR about their marriage just as John and Yoko were.
> Here's the thing. If I'm following your history of this discussion correctly, somebody brought up Headley to debunk Paul's claim that "Linda is the only woman I've ever loved." The argument doesn't work. Even if Paul slept with Headley, his claim is that Linda is the only woman he loved -- not that she is the only woman he ever slept with.
>
> A more effective rebuttal to Paul's claim about Linda would be Jane Asher.. Does anyone doubt he loved her?

He was apparently heartbroken by their break-up. I never doubted he loved her. Although I think splitting up was propably the best decision for them both.

Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70s

<836e03d5-0737-4284-b52a-7ea04d14bd6fn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1597&group=rec.music.beatles#1597

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 09:48:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: Usurper...@aol.com (UsurperTom)
 by: UsurperTom - Tue, 11 May 2021 16:48 UTC

> somebody brought up Headley to debunk Paul's claim that "Linda is the only woman I've ever loved."

Somebody brought up Headley (who wasn't identified at the time) to debunk the claim by a poster (not Paul) that Linda joined Wings to keep Paul away from groupies. Nobody there said Paul loved Suzy and viewed her as wife material.

Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70s

<0dcf9921-9da6-4531-a9ae-f86e9a6fda95n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1598&group=rec.music.beatles#1598

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 09:57:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Usurper...@aol.com (UsurperTom)
 by: UsurperTom - Tue, 11 May 2021 16:57 UTC

> somebody brought up Headley to debunk Paul's claim that "Linda is the only woman I've ever loved."

Somebody brought up Headley (who was identified as "Suzy Thunder") to debunk the claim by a poster that Paul never cheated on Linda and that same poster brought up Headley (without identifying her) three years earlier in another group to debunk a claim from another poster that Linda joined Wings to keep Paul away from groupies. Nobody there said Paul loved Suzy and viewed her as wife material.

Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70s

<33d2f9d3-89a9-4591-950c-0a68448ef34cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1599&group=rec.music.beatles#1599

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 10:21:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Tue, 11 May 2021 17:21 UTC

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 12:47:02 PM UTC-4, Emma Smulders wrote:
> > > Not the exact date. All I heard was late 70s. Paul and Linda were as adept at PR about their marriage just as John and Yoko were.
> > Here's the thing. If I'm following your history of this discussion correctly, somebody brought up Headley to debunk Paul's claim that "Linda is the only woman I've ever loved." The argument doesn't work. Even if Paul slept with Headley, his claim is that Linda is the only woman he loved -- not that she is the only woman he ever slept with.
> >
> > A more effective rebuttal to Paul's claim about Linda would be Jane Asher. Does anyone doubt he loved her?
> He was apparently heartbroken by their break-up. I never doubted he loved her. Although I think splitting up was propably the best decision for them both.

I agree. My understanding -- it is based in part on Cynthia's account in Twist of Lennon -- is that Paul wanted a conventional wife, while Jane was intent on maintaining her career.

Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70s

<2d7c18c9-5168-463e-86f3-c4b88b177b1en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1600&group=rec.music.beatles#1600

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 10:27:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Tue, 11 May 2021 17:27 UTC

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 12:57:17 PM UTC-4, UsurperTom wrote:
> > somebody brought up Headley to debunk Paul's claim that "Linda is the only woman I've ever loved."
> Somebody brought up Headley (who was identified as "Suzy Thunder") to debunk the claim by a poster that Paul never cheated on Linda and that same poster brought up Headley (without identifying her) three years earlier in another group to debunk a claim from another poster that Linda joined Wings to keep Paul away from groupies. Nobody there said Paul loved Suzy and viewed her as wife material.

Okay. A source tells me Headley lives (or lived for a significant stretch) in Tujunga, California.

Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70s

<1aed07a1-b361-446c-9390-df774792543bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1601&group=rec.music.beatles#1601

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 10:36:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: Usurper...@aol.com (UsurperTom)
 by: UsurperTom - Tue, 11 May 2021 17:36 UTC

> A source tells me Headley lives (or lived for a significant stretch) in Tujunga, California.

It would great if a journalist can track Headley down and substantiate her claims.

Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70s

<4a5b3acc-251c-42da-931f-d27d8a283a93n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1603&group=rec.music.beatles#1603

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 11:28:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Tue, 11 May 2021 18:28 UTC

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 1:37:00 PM UTC-4, UsurperTom wrote:
> > A source tells me Headley lives (or lived for a significant stretch) in Tujunga, California.
> It would great if a journalist can track Headley down and substantiate her claims.

Or if we can find an account from Headley that is verifiable/falsifiable.

Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70s

<00f71f16-e325-4b0d-8e99-7897708d7366n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2762&group=rec.music.beatles#2762

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 11:12:03 -0800 (PST)
From: nwe...@gmail.com (n w)
 by: n w - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 19:12 UTC

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 12:28:15 PM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 1:37:00 PM UTC-4, UsurperTom wrote:
> > > A source tells me Headley lives (or lived for a significant stretch) in Tujunga, California.
> > It would great if a journalist can track Headley down and substantiate her claims.
> Or if we can find an account from Headley that is verifiable/falsifiable.

https://alchetron.com/Susan-Headley
if her -looks like a man

Re: A Teenage Groupie and the Former Beatles in the 70s

<9f68962c-1c3c-4a58-b4ad-702628b5d848n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2764&group=rec.music.beatles#2764

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 18:11:13 -0800 (PST)
From: Usurper...@aol.com (UsurperTom)
 by: UsurperTom - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 02:11 UTC

On Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 2:12:05 PM UTC-5, n w wrote:

> https://alchetron.com/Susan-Headley

That website erroneously said she died in 2014 based on an obituary of someone with the name but the picture in the obituary obviously isn't her and the deceased woman had a different birthdate and life story. The Verge article from three days ago confirms that Susan Headley is alive and well.

https://www.theverge.com/c/22889425/susy-thunder-headley-hackers-phone-phreakers-claire-evans

"She claims to be one of only three women to have slept with all four Beatles, securing the trickiest, Paul McCartney, through an elaborate pretext that involved having his wife Linda whisked away in a limo for a staged photoshoot. When she was still underage, she hitch-hiked to Vegas with Johnny Thunders (no relation) from the New York Dolls. In a 1979 tabloid tell-all, she’s pictured with Andy Gibb, Donny Osmond, and Ringo Starr. Once, tearing down the Pacific Coast Highway in a convertible Mercedes, “flying on coke” with Mick Ralphs, the guitarist for Bad Company, she decided she must be immortal — a theory she’d test with enough overdoses that she considers herself lucky to be alive today."