I didn't like the play, but I saw it under adverse conditions. The curtain was up.

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac Newton: "It's Sad That We're In A Time Where People Villainise Minorities"

SubjectAuthor
* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac NewtonUbiquitous
+* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfKerr-Mudd, John
|+- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe Doctor
|`- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe Doctor
+* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac NewtonTruth Holder
|`* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac NewtonThe Doctor
| +* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac NewtonTim Merrigan
| |+* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac NewtonUbiquitous
| ||`- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac NewtonThe Doctor
| |`- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac NewtonThe Doctor
| `* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac NewtonAgent Jakanov
|  +* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism ...Blueshirt
|  |`* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism ...The Doctor
|  | `* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism ...Kerr-Mudd, John
|  |  +* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism ...Blueshirt
|  |  |+* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism ...The Last Doctor
|  |  ||`- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism ...The Doctor
|  |  |`* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism ...The Doctor
|  |  | `* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism ...Blueshirt
|  |  |  `* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism ...The Doctor
|  |  |   `* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism ...Blueshirt
|  |  |    `- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism ...The Doctor
|  |  `- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism ...The Doctor
|  `- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac NewtonThe Doctor
+* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac NewtonThe Doctor
|`* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac NewtonAgent Jakanov
| `- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac NewtonThe Doctor
+* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe True Doctor
|+* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac NewtonBlueshirt
||+* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac NewtonThe Doctor
|||+* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism...Blueshirt
|||`* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfDaniel65
||| `- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe Doctor
||`* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe Last Doctor
|| +* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfDaniel65
|| |`* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe Doctor
|| | `* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfDaniel65
|| |  `- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe Doctor
|| +* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe True Doctor
|| |`- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe Doctor
|| +* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Ofsolar penguin
|| |`* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe Doctor
|| | `* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfDaniel65
|| |  `- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe Doctor
|| +- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe Doctor
|| `* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe Last Doctor
||  +* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Ofsolar penguin
||  |+- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe Doctor
||  |`* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe Last Doctor
||  | +- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe Doctor
||  | `* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfDaniel65
||  |  `* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe Doctor
||  |   `- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac NewtonAgent Jakanov
||  `- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe Doctor
|+- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe Doctor
|`* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfDaniel65
| +- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac NewtonThe Doctor
| `* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe True Doctor
|  +* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism...Blueshirt
|  |`- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism...The Doctor
|  `* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfDaniel65
|   `- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism OfThe True Doctor
`* "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac NewtonAgent Jakanov
 `- "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac NewtonThe Doctor

Pages:123
Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism ...

<ulih18$oof$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27531&group=rec.arts.drwho#27531

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism ...
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 21:38:48 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 21:38 UTC

In article <nnd$370253a6$3131b536@3e17acbc9a99f3a3>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <xn0oamafm1ewqm1001@news.eternal-september.org>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:

>> > No, said me! Tom's quote was slightly different.
>>
>> And the exact quote is?
>
>Would you like a Jelly Baby?
>
>(Okay that's not the actual quote, but it is a clue... and it was
>posted here today by Mike.)

:-)
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism...

<ulih22$oof$5@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27533&group=rec.arts.drwho#27533

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 21:39:14 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 21:39 UTC

In article <xn0oamh0z1nvk09000@news.eternal-september.org>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The True Doctor wrote:
>

>> What did Newton know about white dwarfs?
>
>About as much as Disney it seems ... :-)
>
>https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12298801/EXCLUSIVE-Snow-White-Seven-Politically-Correct-Companions.html

LOL!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac Newton: "It's Sad That We're In A Time Where People Villainise Minorities"

<ulk0ru$2cppu$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27567&group=rec.arts.drwho#27567

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 22:15:11 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 11:15 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 16/12/23 2:38 am:
> In article <ulhk9c$1tq0q$1@dont-email.me>, Daniel65
> <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> The Last Doctor wrote on 15/12/23 10:32 pm:
>>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>>
>> <Snip>

>>> Wow. I’m going to have to go into the shed and see if I’ve
>>> got any hinges
>>
>> When I got this far, I thought you might have gone over to Aggy's
>> side .... and you were looking to see if you had any screws loose
>> or something!! ;-)
>
> I prefer to go down the middle.

Bullshit, asswipe, YOU sick up the Aggy like it's going out of style,
asswipe!!
--
Daniel

Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac Newton: "It's Sad That We're In A Time Where People Villainise Minorities"

<ulk1ng$2d04c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27569&group=rec.arts.drwho#27569

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 22:29:53 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 11:29 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 16/12/23 2:39 am:
> In article <ulhlht$1tvv0$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:

<Snip>

>> I like how Aggie seems to think that we radw posters are
>> responsible for casting Cleopatra (in an episode which
>> didn’t even have a Cleopatra in it!) I never knew we had so
>> much power...
>>
>> On the bright side, Woke Cancel Pigs would be a great
>> name for a band.
>
> Care to join up SP?

Join up ..... TO WHAT, asswipe??
--
Daniel

Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac Newton: "It's Sad That We're In A Time Where People Villainise Minorities"

<ulk1v5$2d1ic$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27570&group=rec.arts.drwho#27570

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 22:33:55 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 11:33 UTC

The True Doctor wrote on 16/12/23 7:52 am:
> On 15/12/2023 11:09, Daniel65 wrote:
>> The True Doctor wrote on 15/12/23 4:15 am:
>>
>> <Snip>
>>
>>> How do you think Indian people feel about being told to identify
>>> with Isaac Newton who they know was clearly not of Indian decent
>>> in any way shape of form, and not a real Indian scientist like
>>> Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar who far surpassed Newton in his
>>> discoveries and won a Nobel Prize? They probably all feel
>>> disgusted and demeaned by your ignorant insulting patronization.
>>
>> The Nobel Prize https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_Prize Quote The
>> Nobel Prizes are five separate prizes that, according to Alfred
>> Nobel's will of 1895, are awarded to "those who, during the
>> preceding year, have conferred the greatest benefit to humankind."
>> End Quote.
>>
>> Note .. awarded to "those who, *during the preceding year* ..."
>>
>> So, whilst Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar was born *AFTER* the award
>> was instigated so *could* be awarded it, whereas Isaac Newton
>> (1642-1727) was dead about 170 years *BEFORE* the prize was
>> instigated so a bit hard for him to have been awarded it!!
>
> Where did I say or imply that Newton had won or could have won a
> Nobel prize? Nowhere. The emphasis was that Chandrasekhar far
> surpassed Newton in his discoveries. What did Newton know about white
> dwarfs?

".... Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar who far surpassed Newton in his
discoveries and won a Nobel Prize?"

So Chandrasekhar won one but Newton didn't!!
--
Daniel

Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac Newton: "It's Sad That We're In A Time Where People Villainise Minorities"

<ulk2j5$2d43h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27573&group=rec.arts.drwho#27573

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 11:44:37 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:OGdhr/IpXgSURm3l01/soqGt7HY=
 by: The Last Doctor - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 11:44 UTC

The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:

> I think it’s very important to note that nowhere in the show did anyone
> claim that Isaac Newton was Indian. Every rant about this is based on pre
> judgement and assumption based on the actor used - in other words, it’s
> based on race and skin colour. We have a word for that kind of thing - what
> is it now - oh yes, racism.
>
> As a point of absolutely no interest, I spent two weeks in Mexico in
> October. When I came back, my skin was darker than that of the actor who
> played Newton. (For, we might add, a two minute comedic cameo in a sci-fi
> show.)

Here’s a portrait of Isaac Newton from the 1680s.

https://flic.kr/p/2pmMQag

And here’s a shot from “Wild Blue Yonder”.

https://flic.kr/p/2pmMQag

Take a careful look at both. Side by side, if you can.

Honestly, and bearing in mind that the Newton in the show predates the
portrait by 20 years - I don’t think that’s a bad match for face or even
complexion. What more do we need - a false nose to match Newton’s rather
distinctive honker?

I can easily set aside that the actor is mixed race when no one says the
character is.

One has to wonder - why can’t Aggie?

--
“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac Newton: "It's Sad That We're In A Time Where People Villainise Minorities"

<ulk4rb$2de3f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27577&group=rec.arts.drwho#27577

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 12:23:07 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:NOY0P3aa2MUg4qbR69C4hhnhXxA=
 by: solar penguin - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 12:23 UTC

The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:

> Here’s a portrait of Isaac Newton from the 1680s.
>
> https://flic.kr/p/2pmMQag
>
> And here’s a shot from “Wild Blue Yonder”.
>
> https://flic.kr/p/2pmMQag
>
> Take a careful look at both. Side by side, if you can.

They look identical to me. Almost as if you posted the
same link twice.

Oh, wait...

--
solar penguin

Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac Newton: "It's Sad That We're In A Time Where People Villainise Minorities"

<ulkegg$2tp6$8@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27593&group=rec.arts.drwho#27593

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 15:08:00 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 15:08 UTC

In article <ulk0ru$2cppu$2@dont-email.me>,

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac Newton: "It's Sad That We're In A Time Where People Villainise Minorities"

<ulkei6$2tp6$10@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27595&group=rec.arts.drwho#27595

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 15:08:54 -0000 (UTC)

In article <ulk1ng$2d04c$1@dont-email.me>,

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac Newton: "It's Sad That We're In A Time Where People Villainise Minorities"

<ulkekl$2tp6$13@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27598&group=rec.arts.drwho#27598

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 15:10:13 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 15:10 UTC

In article <ulk2j5$2d43h$1@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>
>> I think it’s very important to note that nowhere in the show did anyone
>> claim that Isaac Newton was Indian. Every rant about this is based on pre
>> judgement and assumption based on the actor used - in other words, it’s
>> based on race and skin colour. We have a word for that kind of thing - what
>> is it now - oh yes, racism.
>>
>> As a point of absolutely no interest, I spent two weeks in Mexico in
>> October. When I came back, my skin was darker than that of the actor who
>> played Newton. (For, we might add, a two minute comedic cameo in a sci-fi
>> show.)
>
>Here’s a portrait of Isaac Newton from the 1680s.
>
>https://flic.kr/p/2pmMQag
>
>And here’s a shot from “Wild Blue Yonder”.
>
>https://flic.kr/p/2pmMQag
>
>Take a careful look at both. Side by side, if you can.
>
>Honestly, and bearing in mind that the Newton in the show predates the
>portrait by 20 years - I don’t think that’s a bad match for face or even
>complexion. What more do we need - a false nose to match Newton’s rather
>distinctive honker?

Honkers? Don't encourages the young ones!

>I can easily set aside that the actor is mixed race when no one says the
>character is.
>
>One has to wonder - why can’t Aggie?

Oh/

>--
>“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac Newton: "It's Sad That We're In A Time Where People Villainise Minorities"

<ulkelj$2tp6$15@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27600&group=rec.arts.drwho#27600

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 15:10:43 -0000 (UTC)

In article <ulk4rb$2de3f$1@dont-email.me>,
solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:

>The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>

>> Here’s a portrait of Isaac Newton from the 1680s.
>>
>> https://flic.kr/p/2pmMQag
>>
>> And here’s a shot from “Wild Blue Yonder”.
>>
>> https://flic.kr/p/2pmMQag
>>
>> Take a careful look at both. Side by side, if you can.
>>

>They look identical to me. Almost as if you posted the
>same link twice.
>
>Oh, wait...

Yes?

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac Newton: "It's Sad That We're In A Time Where People Villainise Minorities"

<ulkjk1$2fo73$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27615&group=rec.arts.drwho#27615

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 16:35:13 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:jBGcevffX+b9nBDSn0AEu1Y+Mok=
 by: The Last Doctor - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 16:35 UTC

solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>

>> Here’s a portrait of Isaac Newton from the 1680s.
>>
>> https://flic.kr/p/2pmMQag
>>
>> And here’s a shot from “Wild Blue Yonder”.
>>
>> https://flic.kr/p/2pmMQag
>>
>> Take a careful look at both. Side by side, if you can.
>>

> They look identical to me. Almost as if you posted the
> same link twice.
>
> Oh, wait...

Oops….

That was NOT the intent.

https://flic.kr/p/2pmMQag

https://flic.kr/p/2pmTxRo

Oh, the embarrassment.

--
“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac Newton: "It's Sad That We're In A Time Where People Villainise Minorities"

<ulkjkn$65d$12@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27617&group=rec.arts.drwho#27617

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 16:35:35 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 16:35 UTC

In article <ulkjk1$2fo73$1@dont-email.me>,
The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Here’s a portrait of Isaac Newton from the 1680s.
>>>
>>> https://flic.kr/p/2pmMQag
>>>
>>> And here’s a shot from “Wild Blue Yonder”.
>>>
>>> https://flic.kr/p/2pmMQag
>>>
>>> Take a careful look at both. Side by side, if you can.
>>>

>> They look identical to me. Almost as if you posted the
>> same link twice.
>>
>> Oh, wait...
>>

>Oops….
>
>That was NOT the intent.
>

>https://flic.kr/p/2pmMQag
>
>https://flic.kr/p/2pmTxRo
>
>Oh, the embarrassment.

:-)

>--
>“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac Newton: "It's Sad That We're In A Time Where People Villainise Minorities"

<ulkt6t$2h57j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27621&group=rec.arts.drwho#27621

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 19:18:52 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 19:18 UTC

On 16/12/2023 11:33, Daniel65 wrote:
> The True Doctor wrote on 16/12/23 7:52 am:
>> On 15/12/2023 11:09, Daniel65 wrote:
>>> The True Doctor wrote on 15/12/23 4:15 am:
>>>
>>> <Snip>

>>> The Nobel Prize https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_Prize Quote The
>>> Nobel Prizes are five separate prizes that, according to Alfred
>>> Nobel's will of 1895, are awarded to "those who, during the
>>> preceding year, have conferred the greatest benefit to humankind."
>>> End Quote.
>>>
>>> Note .. awarded to "those who, *during the preceding year* ..."
>>>
>>> So, whilst Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar was born *AFTER* the award
>>> was instigated so *could* be awarded it, whereas Isaac Newton
>>> (1642-1727) was dead about 170 years *BEFORE* the prize was
>>> instigated so a bit hard for him to have been awarded it!!
>>
>> Where did I say or imply that Newton had won or could have won a
>> Nobel prize? Nowhere. The emphasis was that Chandrasekhar far
>> surpassed Newton in his discoveries. What did Newton know about white
>> dwarfs?
>>
> ".... Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar who far surpassed Newton in his
> discoveries and won a Nobel Prize?"
>
> So Chandrasekhar won one but Newton didn't!!

Anyone with any knowledge of history would know Newton couldn't.

Both of them also studied and worked at Cambridge University so the
degenerate woke racist bigots didn't even have to change location.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac Newton: "It's Sad That We're In A Time Where People Villainise Minorities"

<ulmhq5$2son6$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27661&group=rec.arts.drwho#27661

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 21:16:38 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 10:16 UTC

The Last Doctor wrote on 17/12/23 3:35 am:
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Here’s a portrait of Isaac Newton from the 1680s.
>>>
>>> https://flic.kr/p/2pmMQag
>>>
>>> And here’s a shot from “Wild Blue Yonder”.
>>>
>>> https://flic.kr/p/2pmMQag
>>>
>>> Take a careful look at both. Side by side, if you can.
>>
>> They look identical to me. Almost as if you posted the
>> same link twice.
>>
>> Oh, wait...
>
> Oops….
>
> That was NOT the intent.
>
> https://flic.kr/p/2pmMQag
>
> https://flic.kr/p/2pmTxRo
>
> Oh, the embarrassment.

The Hair, oh, the hair!! How could they have made such a basic mistake?? ;-P
--
Daniel

Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac Newton: "It's Sad That We're In A Time Where People Villainise Minorities"

<ulmrmd$1tm2$16@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27686&group=rec.arts.drwho#27686

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 13:05:17 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 13:05 UTC

In article <ulmhq5$2son6$2@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>The Last Doctor wrote on 17/12/23 3:35 am:
>> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> They look identical to me. Almost as if you posted the
>>> same link twice.
>>>
>>> Oh, wait...
>>
>> Oops….
>>
>> That was NOT the intent.
>>
>> https://flic.kr/p/2pmMQag
>>
>> https://flic.kr/p/2pmTxRo
>>
>> Oh, the embarrassment.
>
>The Hair, oh, the hair!! How could they have made such a basic mistake?? ;-P

Are you bald Dannyboy?

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac Newton: "It's Sad That We're In A Time Where People Villainise Minorities"

<ulmspb$2umvk$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27692&group=rec.arts.drwho#27692

From: mou...@onlegs.org (Agent Jakanov)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: "Doctor Who" Casting Director Responds To Criticism Of Race-Swapped Isaac Newton: "It's Sad That We're In A Time Where People Villainise Minorities"
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 13:23:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Agent Jakanov - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 13:23 UTC

doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote in

> In article <ulmhq5$2son6$2@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>The Last Doctor wrote on 17/12/23 3:35 am:

>>> Oh, the embarrassment.
>>
>>The Hair, oh, the hair!! How could they have made such a basic
>>mistake?? ;-P
>
> Are you bald Dannyboy?

Dude, this is 2023 (almost 2024). That question counts as sexual
harassment.