Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: Re: The snARK S01E02 "Like It Touched the Sun"
From: adela.ru...@icloud.com (Genoveva Hirthe)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 10:51:12 -0400
 by: Genoveva Hirthe - Tue, 21 Mar 2023 14:51 UTC

In article <1232930111.697626207.335007.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>previously on.
>I saw three more examples of them getting the gravity wrong.
>
>Somewhere between here and alpha Centauri, racing along at either less than
>the speed of light, or more than the speed of light, for some reason, it’s
>very hot. Also, if you turn off the engines, the ship stops dead in space.
>Let the headshaking begin.
>
>A space walk to see what’s hit them! A wheel section that spins for no
>apparent reason has stress fractures on the starboard arm supports (I’m not
>really sure how they’re defining starboard here) and pieces suddenly
>abruptly, and without warning, snap off and fly at right angles to any
>possible direction they should go!
>
>Lane, probably the top character I’m rooting for to die, takes an impact
>from a hunk of debris bigger than him to the helmet! A similar hunk of
>debris has speared Scholnick like a narwhale!
>
>In the sick bay, where it is inexplicably hot, the equally inexplicably,
>hot soul surviving doctor does what she can. Inexplicably cute girl with
>glasses enters and keeps talking and talking and talking and talking and
>talking and talking and talking until they tell her to shut the hell up and
>she leaves. Somewhere Ian is cheering.
>
>Multiple sequences of people running into each other in the endless
>hallways and telling each other stuff. The other one either knows or should
>know.
>
>Funeral ceremony with obligatory flashbacks. The only girl who can fix the
>water reclamation system spits on the lifeless body of Dr. Smith. Gardner
>guy stops them from throwing the bodies out the airlock because how could
>anybody trained for a multi year space mission be so stupid that that’s
>what they were going to do? After a lot of speechifying, they take a vote
>because that’s how command decisions are made in emergency survival
>situations and decide to toss the bodies in the composter.
>Only the Serbian android security goon votes against that plan.
>
>Weird flashback to three days before the launch where Ark One is inside the
>construction space station from Star Trek the motion picture and the crew
>is inside the rec room from Star Trek the motion picture and they keep
>saying how this is aboard Ark one but somehow this room didn’t make it to
>the series. A giant hologram of the guy in charge wishes them well. He
>looks like Robert Picardo. Now that would’ve been inspired piece of
>casting.
>
>Hot blonde is apparently a blogger and was put a board the ship to be the
>social media face of the program…
>But five days out they’re all going into cryo- sleep for the for five years
>of the mission, so what the hell is she going to do?
>
>Serbian robot security goon has picked up a hot assistant, whose apparent
>only function is to stand behind him, silently, striking hot assistant,
>security, goon poses.
>
>In the dome that has no reason to exist, gigantic pipes under high-pressure
> [...]

Like the way they threw themselves into the hurtling space debris rather than
just flattening against the hull.

Let me add my vote to SHUT UP, CHATTY McTWITCHY!

So Trent MommyIssues is now Trent PoopSlinger?

Mr. Trust = Steve Jobs?

Man, Trent PoopSlinger was actually banging his mommy mentor?

Lt. Napoleon Pissy is just a child. Petulant, whiny about authority - he
practically stomped his tiny foot while crying over the officers' quarters.
And "You're not the boss of me!"? Really, Pissy?

Click here to read the complete article