If you're constantly being mistreated, you're cooperating with the treatment.

arts / rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s / I guess this idea was scrapped - November 1957

SubjectAuthor
* I guess this idea was scrapped - November 1957Bruce
`- Re: I guess this idea was scrapped - November 1957DianeE

1
I guess this idea was scrapped - November 1957

<7336757d-5fb3-47f4-9255-ed90ab456e9en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=29013&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#29013

Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 20:36:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: I guess this idea was scrapped - November 1957
From: Savo...@aol.com (Bruce)
 by: Bruce - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 03:36 UTC

Fats Domino Records 14 Ballads For Album

NEW YORK — Fats Domino, Imperial recording artist, has just completed recording 14 ballads for his next album it was announced by Imperial’s president Lew Chudd.

Chudd, who insists that ballads have been the mainstream of rock ’n roll hits through the years, denies that this is an offbeat offering for Domino,
and points out that his biggest hit this year, “Blueberry Hill,” is a ballad. Hundreds of dealers queried by Imperial, says Chudd, have asked for
just such an album.

Chudd claims that there is as big a market for ballads today as there was before rock ’n roll hit, though they are presented with a different type of arrangement to meet today’s market demands.

The Domino package will be the first in a new series titled, “Ballads With A Beat,” that Imperial will re- lease in the coming year. Other Imperial artists, including Ricky Nelson, Roy Brown, Ken Copeland and Dorothy Shay, will also be represented in the series.

Re: I guess this idea was scrapped - November 1957

<JgIQK.68263$SAT4.49089@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=29032&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#29032

Subject: Re: I guess this idea was scrapped - November 1957
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
From: Dia...@NoSpam.net (DianeE)
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 09:03:38 -0400
 by: DianeE - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 13:03 UTC

On 9/2/2022 11:36 PM, Bruce wrote:
> Fats Domino Records 14 Ballads For Album
>
> NEW YORK — Fats Domino, Imperial recording artist, has just completed recording 14 ballads for his next album it was announced by Imperial’s president Lew Chudd.
>
> Chudd, who insists that ballads have been the mainstream of rock ’n roll hits through the years, denies that this is an offbeat offering for Domino,
> and points out that his biggest hit this year, “Blueberry Hill,” is a ballad. Hundreds of dealers queried by Imperial, says Chudd, have asked for
> just such an album.
>
> Chudd claims that there is as big a market for ballads today as there was before rock ’n roll hit, though they are presented with a different type of arrangement to meet today’s market demands.
>
> The Domino package will be the first in a new series titled, “Ballads With A Beat,” that Imperial will re- lease in the coming year. Other Imperial artists, including Ricky Nelson, Roy Brown, Ken Copeland and Dorothy Shay, will also be represented in the series.
Look on the bright side, we were spared a Ken Copeland album.