Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films
From: jay...@jay.xyz (Jay)
Subject: "Car Wash" (1976)
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 09:33:59 -0500
 by: Jay - Fri, 18 Jun 2021 14:33 UTC

Goofy, "a day in the life of a dozen characters working together" flick. Had
some good laughs and a great soundtrack. Very sadly it looks like this is billed
as a "Richard Pryor / George Carlin" movie, despite their barely being in it and
great performances from Bill Duke, Garrett Morris, Ivan Dixon, Sully Boyar, and
others.

Had me thinking about this sub-sub-genre -- "Empire Records", "Clerks" -- people
working together over the course of a day without any real throughline, just a
dozen or more subplots. Having trouble thinking of more examples but it feels
like a thing.