Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 06:41:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)
From: ggggg9...@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 13:41 UTC

On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 7:03:59 PM UTC-7, jng...@gmail.com wrote:
> You know, I have fond memories of this one. My family had the 25th anniversary edition on VHS, and I watched this pretty much constantly as a child.
> I'm voting age now, but that doesn't stop me from loving this movie all those years later.
> Gene Wilder's Wonka trumps Johnny Depp's any day. The set pieces are gorgeous, and the songs are absolute classics.
>
> So, what memories do you have about this movie? Share below!

50 Years later:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/willy-wonka-child-stars-reunite-50-years-later-gene-wilder-stories-brat-150028133.html

Re: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)

<sbiso0$14an$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2993&group=rec.arts.movies.past-films#2993

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 10:54:58 +1200
 by: Your Name - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 22:54 UTC

On 2021-06-30 13:41:42 +0000, gggg gggg said:

> On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 7:03:59 PM UTC-7, jng...@gmail.com wrote:
>> You know, I have fond memories of this one. My family had the 25th
>> anniversary edition on VHS, and I watched this pretty much constantly
>> as a child. I'm voting age now, but that doesn't stop me from loving
>> this movie all those years later. Gene Wilder's Wonka trumps Johnny
>> Depp's any day. The set pieces are gorgeous, and the songs are absolute
>> classics.
>>
>> So, what memories do you have about this movie? Share below!

Johnny Dipstick is miscast in everything, and Tim Burton is simply
weird which is reflected in everything he makes being horrible.

> 50 Years later:
>
> https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/willy-wonka-child-stars-reunite-50-years-later-gene-wilder-stories-brat-150028133.html

There's the new prequel movie coming in 2023 about the young Willy Wonka
<https://deadline.com/2021/05/timothee-chalamet-willy-wonka-warner-bros-1234762658/>

There's also two new animated TV shows in development too - one
expanding on "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory" and the other about the
Oompa-Loompas.
<https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/taika-waititi-netflix-charlie-and-the-chocolate-factory-animated-series-willy-wonka-oompa-loompa-1203524577/>

Of course, since there are no books for any of these new projects,
they're likely to be the usual ill-fitting mess of stupid ideas where
the makers think they know better than Dahl. :-(