Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 17:43:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The Image (UK) 1967
From: wlahe...@gmail.com (wlah...@gmail.com)
 by: wlah...@gmail.com - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 00:43 UTC

Hey,

Had an entirely different film for tonight and then the thunder and lightning and rain arrived and I decided to bail and look for something from the UK. Getting harder and harder to find Brit films from around the time of the Kitchen Sink films that I haven't seen and then I ran across this little winner. (There is a compromised version on Youtube.)

There is an artist living alone and being haunted by one of his painted images of a boy. The short film received an “X” rating when released due to the violence – that is almost tame by today's standards – and was shot in three days. Sort of a surreal horror story that was made before David Bowie had any real success in the music business.

Written and directed by Michael Armstrong. Cinematography by Ousama Rawi and music by Noel Janus. Starring Michael Byrne and David Bowie.