Been Transferred Lately?

interests / rec.food.cooking / Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

SubjectAuthor
* Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in WirecutterAmandaa Ripanykhazov
+- Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecusmall furry animal
+* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecujmcquown
> [...]
||  `- Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecumy foolish hammer-drill
|+* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in WirecuS Viemeister
||+* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in WirecuMike Duffy
|||+- Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecusmall furry animal
|||`* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in WirecuEd P
||`- Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecusmall furry animal
|+- Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecusmall furry animal
|`* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecucshenk
+* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in WirecuAmandaa Ripanykhazov
`* Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecudsi1

Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<uvonab$235m9$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308195&group=rec.food.cooking#308195

From: licensed...@gmail.com (Amandaa Ripanykhazov)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in
Wirecutter)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:45:30 -0400
 by: Amandaa Ripanykhazov - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 14:45 UTC

There is an article in today's Wirecutter about the Zojirushi Neuro
Fuzzy, saying it is the most amazing thing on the market because with
it, you CANNOT screw up rice. Even if you put the wrong amount of water in!

It suggests that Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy model is completely different
from and better than all other rice cookers on the market.

And there is the usual ultra-conservative kriticism of the article,
saying "I have been doing rice for years in a saucepan on a log campfire
and I always get it right. It is so easy that how could anyone get it
wrong and need this super-expensive Zojirushi model?"

Leaving the krazies aside for a moment, does anyone know if what
Wirecutter describes as the Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy foolproof method is
any different from any other company's fuzzy logic? Or, indeed, any
different from Zojirushi other or earlier Fuzzy Logic rice cookers?

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240417091907.128a790b@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308208&group=rec.food.cooking#308208

From: groov...@with.apict (small furry animal)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 09:19:07 -0600
 by: small furry animal - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 15:19 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:45:30 -0400
Amandaa Ripanykhazov <licensedtoquill@gmail.com> wrote:

> It suggests that Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy model is completely different
> from and better than all other rice cookers on the market.

It remains the best, is that not enough?

But there is a difference between that and one that just senses steam
release.

https://cooking.stackexchange.com/questions/42301/what-are-the-benefits-of-fuzzy-logic-in-a-rice-cooker

I just purchased a Zojirushi rice cooker a couple of months ago and
can’t imagine cooking rice without it now.

Fuzzy logic in comparison to binary logic is a varying degree of a state. In binary logic an item is either true or false (on or off) but in fuzzy logic it can be in between, partially on or partially off. Instead of hard “done” state the fuzzy logic states may be “somewhat” or “nearly” done. This while cooking it could take on the meaning of” too hot”, “about right” or “not much change”. Where this comes into play in a rice cooker is when the sensor monitoring the water content reaches the critical point an ordinary cooker will just turn off the heater however, a fuzzy logic cooker will use an equation (usually derived from experimentation) to vary the temperature and optimize the amount water being absorbed and evaporated. Typically a fuzzy logic system will have multiple “critical” points and will vary the temperature during ramp up and down as well as during the cooking. Generally, different types of rice will absorb different amounts of water at different rates. The fuzzy logic circuitry will monitor the changes and adjust itself to accommodate the predetermined profile.

I guess you could say the benefit of a fuzzy logic cooker is that
someone took the time to learn the complexities of the cooking process
and characteristics of the rice then adapted the preparation process to
match the “ideal” conditions for the perfect rice.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<uvpnm4$1s4n5$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308264&group=rec.food.cooking#308264

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:57:48 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 23:57 UTC

On 4/17/2024 10:45 AM, Amandaa Ripanykhazov wrote:
> There is an article in today's Wirecutter about the Zojirushi Neuro
> Fuzzy, saying it is the most amazing thing on the market because with
> it, you CANNOT screw up rice. Even if you put the wrong amount of water in!

(snippage) Beats me. I've never needed a rice cooker to cook perfect
rice. Follow the package directions and whatever you do, don't take the
lid off the pan.

Jill

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<uvpono$1sijg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308265&group=rec.food.cooking#308265

From: Han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:15:47 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 00:15 UTC

jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/17/2024 10:45 AM, Amandaa Ripanykhazov wrote:
>> There is an article in today's Wirecutter about the Zojirushi Neuro
>> Fuzzy, saying it is the most amazing thing on the market because with it,
>> you CANNOT screw up rice. Even if you put the wrong amount of water in!
>>
> (snippage) Beats me.  I've never needed a rice cooker to cook perfect
> rice.  Follow the package directions and whatever you do, don't take the
> lid off the pan.
>
> Jill

This is at least the 10 thousandths time you majesty has posted about your
ability to cook rice without a rice cooker.

We get it your highness! Your majesty could boil a handfull of rat turds
and come out with perfect rice. Every time. Every fucking time.

WE GET IT YOUR MAJESTY!

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<9WZTN.575$QQ_1.407@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308266&group=rec.food.cooking#308266

article in Wirecutter)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 20:36:21 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 00:36 UTC

On 2024-04-17 7:57 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/17/2024 10:45 AM, Amandaa Ripanykhazov wrote:
>> There is an article in today's Wirecutter about the Zojirushi Neuro
>> Fuzzy, saying it is the most amazing thing on the market because with
>> it, you CANNOT screw up rice. Even if you put the wrong amount of
>> water in!
>>
> (snippage) Beats me.  I've never needed a rice cooker to cook perfect
> rice.  Follow the package directions and whatever you do, don't take the
> lid off the pan.

I bought a rice cooker a couple years ago. I saw it sitting on a shelf
in the spare room the other day. It's been sitting there for a long
time.I only used it a couple times and it wasn't any easier to use than
a pot of water and the results weren't any better.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<66206e5c$0$8101$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308267&group=rec.food.cooking#308267

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:50:35 -0600
article in Wirecutter)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: g.ste...@shaw.ca (Graham)
 by: Graham - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 00:50 UTC

On 2024-04-17 6:36 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2024-04-17 7:57 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> On 4/17/2024 10:45 AM, Amandaa Ripanykhazov wrote:
>>> There is an article in today's Wirecutter about the Zojirushi Neuro
>>> Fuzzy, saying it is the most amazing thing on the market because with
>>> it, you CANNOT screw up rice. Even if you put the wrong amount of
>>> water in!
>>>
>> (snippage) Beats me.  I've never needed a rice cooker to cook perfect
>> rice.  Follow the package directions and whatever you do, don't take
>> the lid off the pan.
>>

> I bought a rice cooker a couple years ago. I saw it sitting on a shelf
> in the spare room the other day. It's been sitting there for a long
> time.I only used it a couple times and it wasn't any easier to use than
> a pot of water and the results weren't any better.

But now that you have it, you might as well use it:-)

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<uvprot$1sr6e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308269&group=rec.food.cooking#308269

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 21:07:32 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 01:07 UTC

On 4/17/2024 8:36 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2024-04-17 7:57 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> On 4/17/2024 10:45 AM, Amandaa Ripanykhazov wrote:
>>> There is an article in today's Wirecutter about the Zojirushi Neuro
>>> Fuzzy, saying it is the most amazing thing on the market because with
>>> it, you CANNOT screw up rice. Even if you put the wrong amount of
>>> water in!
>>>
>> (snippage) Beats me.  I've never needed a rice cooker to cook perfect
>> rice.  Follow the package directions and whatever you do, don't take
>> the lid off the pan.
>>

> I bought a rice cooker a couple years ago. I saw it sitting on a shelf
> in the spare room the other day. It's been sitting there for a long
> time.I only used it a couple times and it wasn't any easier to use than
> a pot of water and the results weren't any better.

IIRC, the comments from pro rice cooker fans here who own one have been
from people who cook a lot of rice and want a cooker that will keep it
held at a safe temperature throughout the day. <shrug> I don't cook
enough rice to want it to sit there in a cooker all day.

Jill

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<uvps5b$1t622$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308270&group=rec.food.cooking#308270

From: Han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 20:14:14 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 01:14 UTC

Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2024-04-17 7:57 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> On 4/17/2024 10:45 AM, Amandaa Ripanykhazov wrote:
>>> There is an article in today's Wirecutter about the Zojirushi Neuro
>>> Fuzzy, saying it is the most amazing thing on the market because with
>>> it, you CANNOT screw up rice. Even if you put the wrong amount of water in!
>>>
>> (snippage) Beats me.  I've never needed a rice cooker to cook perfect
>> rice.  Follow the package directions and whatever you do, don't take the
>> lid off the pan.
>>

> I bought a rice cooker a couple years ago. I saw it sitting on a shelf in
> the spare room the other day. It's been sitting there for a long time.I
> only used it a couple times and it wasn't any easier to use than a pot of
> water and the results weren't any better.

That's what her majesty has been preaching for years!

Officer dave, it's good to know that you've had the exact same experience
as her highness. I don't know why so many people buy those worthless rice
cookers. Fools, I guess.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<uvps9l$1t622$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308271&group=rec.food.cooking#308271

From: Han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 20:16:37 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 01:16 UTC

jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/17/2024 8:36 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>>>
>>> (snippage) Beats me.  I've never needed a rice cooker to cook perfect
>>> rice.  Follow the package directions and whatever you do, don't take
>>> the lid off the pan.
>>>

>> I bought a rice cooker a couple years ago. I saw it sitting on a shelf in
>> the spare room the other day. It's been sitting there for a long time.I
>> only used it a couple times and it wasn't any easier to use than a pot of
>> water and the results weren't any better.
>>
> IIRC, the comments from pro rice cooker fans here who own one have been
> from people who cook a lot of rice and want a cooker that will keep it held
> at a safe temperature throughout the day. <shrug>  I don't cook enough rice
> to want it to sit there in a cooker all day.
>
> Jill

Your majesty sure shrugs a lot.

Get some ben gay and rub it on your shoulders if they get sore.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<uvpssd$1sr6e$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308273&group=rec.food.cooking#308273

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 21:26:29 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 01:26 UTC

On 4/17/2024 8:50 PM, Graham wrote:
> On 2024-04-17 6:36 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
>>>>
>>> (snippage) Beats me.  I've never needed a rice cooker to cook perfect
>>> rice.  Follow the package directions and whatever you do, don't take
>>> the lid off the pan.
>>>

>> I bought a rice cooker a couple years ago. I saw it sitting on a shelf
>> in the spare room the other day. It's been sitting there for a long
>> time.I only used it a couple times and it wasn't any easier to use
>> than a pot of water and the results weren't any better.
>>
> But now that you have it, you might as well use it:-)

Sounds like it's just another small kitchen appliance, used a couple of
times and then forgotten. I never succumbed to buying a rice cooker
because (a) I don't eat a lot of rice and (b) I know how to cook it in a
pot on the stove. Fuzzy logic? Not required.

Jill

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<uvpt59$21279$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308275&group=rec.food.cooking#308275

From: Han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 20:31:15 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 01:31 UTC

jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/17/2024 8:50 PM, Graham wrote:

>>> I bought a rice cooker a couple years ago. I saw it sitting on a shelf
>>> in the spare room the other day. It's been sitting there for a long
>>> time.I only used it a couple times and it wasn't any easier to use than
>>> a pot of water and the results weren't any better.
>>>
>> But now that you have it, you might as well use it:-)
>
> Sounds like it's just another small kitchen appliance, used a couple of
> times and then forgotten.  I never succumbed to buying a rice cooker
> because (a) I don't eat a lot of rice and (b) I know how to cook it in a
> pot on the stove.  Fuzzy logic?  Not required.
>
> Jill

Indeed. Your majesty's logic is clear, and plain to any loyal subject. Your
highness is not a fuzzy queen. Perhaps a glabrous monarch?

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<bY_TN.948$9pR2.623@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308277&group=rec.food.cooking#308277

article in Wirecutter)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 21:46:47 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 01:46 UTC

On 2024-04-17 8:50 p.m., Graham wrote:
> On 2024-04-17 6:36 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
>>>>
>>> (snippage) Beats me.  I've never needed a rice cooker to cook perfect
>>> rice.  Follow the package directions and whatever you do, don't take
>>> the lid off the pan.
>>>

>> I bought a rice cooker a couple years ago. I saw it sitting on a shelf
>> in the spare room the other day. It's been sitting there for a long
>> time.I only used it a couple times and it wasn't any easier to use
>> than a pot of water and the results weren't any better.
>>
> But now that you have it, you might as well use it:-)

I suppose. It is in another room. It's much easier to grab a pot, put it
on a burner and make the rice in that. Truth is, I was so unimpressed
with the rice cooker I just don't even think about using it.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<uvpvkn$21fji$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308280&group=rec.food.cooking#308280

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 12:13:43 +1000
 by: Bruce - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 02:13 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 21:46:47 -0400, Dave Smith
<adavid.smith@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>On 2024-04-17 8:50 p.m., Graham wrote:

>>> I bought a rice cooker a couple years ago. I saw it sitting on a shelf
>>> in the spare room the other day. It's been sitting there for a long
>>> time.I only used it a couple times and it wasn't any easier to use
>>> than a pot of water and the results weren't any better.
>>>
>> But now that you have it, you might as well use it:-)
>
>I suppose. It is in another room. It's much easier to grab a pot, put it
>on a burner and make the rice in that. Truth is, I was so unimpressed
>with the rice cooker I just don't even think about using it.

I think RFC should do an intervention and help Jill and Dave get over
the topic of rice cookers, or they'll be going in circles, feeding off
each other forever.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<l8c7l9F3k6vU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308300&group=rec.food.cooking#308300

From: firstn...@lastname.oc.ku (S Viemeister)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 10:32:24 +0100
 by: S Viemeister - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 09:32 UTC

On 18/04/2024 00:57, jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/17/2024 10:45 AM, Amandaa Ripanykhazov wrote:
>> There is an article in today's Wirecutter about the Zojirushi Neuro
>> Fuzzy, saying it is the most amazing thing on the market because with
>> it, you CANNOT screw up rice. Even if you put the wrong amount of
>> water in!
>>
> (snippage) Beats me.  I've never needed a rice cooker to cook perfect
> rice.  Follow the package directions and whatever you do, don't take the
> lid off the pan.

Many years ago, we had a rice cooker. It took up a fair amount of space
on the worktop - when it died, I started doing rice in the microwave.
Perfect rice every time, it stays nice and hot until needed, and takes
up no extra space on the counter - our microwave is mounted over the
counter.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<66212646$0$7176$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308315&group=rec.food.cooking#308315

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: mxdu...@bell.net (Mike Duffy)
article in Wirecutter)
Date: 18 Apr 2024 13:55:18 GMT
 by: Mike Duffy - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:55 UTC

On 2024-04-18, S Viemeister wrote:

> rice [...] in the microwave. Perfect rice every time,

Agree. I always use the MV for rice. Heating goes directly
to water molecules only, thus making browning possible
only when all water within the cavity has been released.

Yhis is opposed to conduction, where burning is possible at
the bottom while still overlaid with wet rice. If you do
start browning with a MV, it occurs dispersed throughout
as a function of time-averaged standing wave loci.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240418093318.477f9a2c@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308328&group=rec.food.cooking#308328

From: groov...@with.apict (small furry animal)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 09:33:18 -0600
 by: small furry animal - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:33 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:57:48 -0400
jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:

> I've never needed a rice cooker to cook perfect
> rice.

Your estimation of perfection likely far less repeatable than fuzzy
logic's.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240418093357.5adec886@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308329&group=rec.food.cooking#308329

From: groov...@with.apict (small furry animal)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 09:33:57 -0600
 by: small furry animal - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:33 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:15:47 -0500
Hank Rogers <Hank@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Your majesty could boil a handfull of rat turds
> and come out with perfect rice. Every time. Every fucking time.
>
> WE GET IT YOUR MAJESTY!

ROTFLMFAO!

new use for rat turds, yay!

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240418093437.36284afa@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308330&group=rec.food.cooking#308330

From: groov...@with.apict (small furry animal)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 09:34:37 -0600
 by: small furry animal - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:34 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 20:36:21 -0400
Dave Smith <adavid.smith@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> On 2024-04-17 7:57 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> > On 4/17/2024 10:45 AM, Amandaa Ripanykhazov wrote:
> >> There is an article in today's Wirecutter about the Zojirushi
> >> Neuro Fuzzy, saying it is the most amazing thing on the market
> >> because with it, you CANNOT screw up rice. Even if you put the
> >> wrong amount of water in!
> >>
> > (snippage) Beats me.  I've never needed a rice cooker to cook
> > perfect rice.  Follow the package directions and whatever you do,
> > don't take the lid off the pan.
> >

> I bought a rice cooker a couple years ago. I saw it sitting on a
> shelf in the spare room the other day. It's been sitting there for a
> long time.I only used it a couple times and it wasn't any easier to
> use than a pot of water and the results weren't any better.

Musta bought some cheapass chicom shit from The Brick then.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240418093511.30d99e9c@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308331&group=rec.food.cooking#308331

From: groov...@with.apict (small furry animal)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 09:35:11 -0600
 by: small furry animal - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:35 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:50:35 -0600
Graham <g.stereo@shaw.ca> wrote:

> On 2024-04-17 6:36 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> >>>
> >> (snippage) Beats me.  I've never needed a rice cooker to cook
> >> perfect rice.  Follow the package directions and whatever you do,
> >> don't take the lid off the pan.
> >>

> > I bought a rice cooker a couple years ago. I saw it sitting on a
> > shelf in the spare room the other day. It's been sitting there for
> > a long time.I only used it a couple times and it wasn't any easier
> > to use than a pot of water and the results weren't any better.
> >
> But now that you have it, you might as well use it:-)

Does it have a setting to boil your leftarded toes with?

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240418093552.0df376d3@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308332&group=rec.food.cooking#308332

From: groov...@with.apict (small furry animal)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 09:35:52 -0600
 by: small furry animal - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:35 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 21:07:32 -0400
jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:

> I don't cook
> enough rice to want it to sit there in a cooker all day.

....rinse , lather, repeat...

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240418093657.4fe58aa2@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308333&group=rec.food.cooking#308333

From: groov...@with.apict (small furry animal)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 09:36:57 -0600
 by: small furry animal - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:36 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 21:26:29 -0400
jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:

> I never succumbed to buying a rice cooker

Honestly, not a single person gives a flying fuck, ya narcissistic
nitwit.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<uvreo5$2d4t5$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308334&group=rec.food.cooking#308334

From: licensed...@gmail.com (Amandaa Ripanykhazov)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 11:37:41 -0400
 by: Amandaa Ripanykhazov - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:37 UTC

> Leaving the krazies aside for a moment, does anyone know if what
> Wirecutter describes as the Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy foolproof method is
> any different from any other company's fuzzy logic?  Or, indeed, any
> different model from Zojirushi or earlier Fuzzy Logic rice cookers?

I had a suspicion that someone would respond "I have been doing rice for
years in a saucepan on a log campfire and I always get it right. It is
so easy that how could anyone get it wrong and need this super-expensive
Zojirushi model?"

Since what always goes wrong is that I put in too little or too much
water, and since this Zojirushi makes perfect rice every time however
much water is put in, does anyone know if that is a function of THIS
PARTICULAR cooker being pushed in this wirecutter review, - or is this
a function of every fuzzy logic cooker of every model of every brand?

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240418094053.4cfea5df@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308337&group=rec.food.cooking#308337

From: groov...@with.apict (small furry animal)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 09:40:53 -0600
 by: small furry animal - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:40 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 21:46:47 -0400
Dave Smith <adavid.smith@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Truth is, I was so unimpressed
> with the rice cooker I just don't even think about using it.

Well quit buying price point junk then!

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240418095607.004c3299@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308347&group=rec.food.cooking#308347

From: groov...@with.apict (small furry animal)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 09:56:07 -0600
 by: small furry animal - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:56 UTC

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 10:32:24 +0100
S Viemeister <firstname@lastname.oc.ku> wrote:

> I started doing rice in the microwave.
> Perfect rice every time

Doubtful.

Re: Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)

<20240418100440.1d238bfb@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=308358&group=rec.food.cooking#308358

From: groov...@with.apict (small furry animal)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
article in Wirecutter)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 10:04:40 -0600
 by: small furry animal - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:04 UTC

On 18 Apr 2024 13:55:18 GMT
Mike Duffy <mxduffy@bell.net> wrote:

> Yhis is opposed to conduction, where burning is possible at
> the bottom while still overlaid with wet rice.

Ergo the fuzzy logic cooker is wholly superior, as reviewed and
confirmed.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Fuzzy logic rice cooker Vs Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy? (Today's article in Wirecutter)