Use the Force, Luke.

interests / rec.food.cooking / McDonald's

SubjectAuthor
* McDonald'sBruce
`* Re: McDonald'sbob
 +* Re: McDonald'sItsJoanNotJoAnn
 |+* Re: McDonald'sEd P
 ||+* Re: McDonald'sDave Smith
 |||+* Re: McDonald'sdsi1
 |||+* Re: McDonald'sChris_P_Bacon
 |||`- Re: McDonald'smy foolish hammer-drill
 ||`- Re: McDonald'smy foolish hammer-drill
 |+* Re: McDonald'sDave Smith
 ||+* Re: McDonald'sItsJoanNotJoAnn
 |||+- Re: McDonald'sBruce
 |||`* Re: McDonald'sBryanGSimmons
 ||| `- Re: McDonald'smy foolish hammer-drill
 ||+- Re: McDonald'sBruce
 ||+* Re: McDonald'sJanet
 |||+- Re: McDonald'sS Viemeister
 |||+* Re: McDonald'sBruce
 |||+* Re: McDonald'sDave Smith
 |||`- Re: McDonald'smy foolish hammer-drill
 ||`- Re: McDonald'smy foolish hammer-drill
 |+- Re: McDonald'sBruce
 |+- Re: McDonald'sD
 |`* Re: McDonald'sbob
 | `* Re: McDonald'sDave Smith
 |  `- Re: McDonald'sBruce
 +- Re: McDonald'smy foolish hammer-drill
 `* Re: McDonald'sjmcquown
  +- Re: McDonald'smy foolish hammer-drill
  +* Re: McDonald'sBruce
  |`- Re: McDonald'sMarge Anal Eyz
  +* Re: McDonald'sEd P
  |`* Re: McDonald'sHank Rogers
  | `* Re: McDonald'sBryanGSimmons
  |  +* Re: McDonald'sMarge Anal Eyz
  |  |`* Re: McDonald'sBryanGSimmons
  |  | `- Re: McDonald'sMarge Anal Eyz
  |  +- Re: McDonald'sHank Rogers
  |  `* Re: McDonald'sBruce
  |   +* Re: McDonald'sdsi1
  |   |+* Re: McDonald'sBruce
  |   ||`- Re: McDonald'sMarge Anal Eyz
  |   |`- Re: McDonald'sMarge Anal Eyz
  |   `- Re: McDonald'sMarge Anal Eyz
  `* Re: McDonald'sDave Smith
   +* Re: McDonald'sdsi1
   |`* Re: McDonald'sDave Smith
   | +- Re: McDonald'sMarge Anal Eyz
   | `* Re: McDonald'sdsi1
   |  `* Re: McDonald'sMike Duffy
   |   +* Re: McDonald'sHank Rogers
   |   |`- Re: McDonald'sMarge Anal Eyz
   |   `- Re: McDonald'sdsi1
   +- Re: McDonald'sMarge Anal Eyz
   +* Re: McDonald'sjmcquown
   |+- Re: McDonald'sMarge Anal Eyz
   |`* Re: McDonald'sDave Smith
   | +- Re: McDonald'sMarge Anal Eyz
   | `* Re: McDonald'sBryanGSimmons
   |  `- Re: McDonald'sGM
   +* Re: McDonald'sHank Rogers
   |`* Re: McDonald'sGM
   | `- Re: McDonald'sMarge Anal Eyz
   `* Re: McDonald'sMike Duffy
    +- Re: McDonald'sGM
    `- Re: McDonald'sBryanGSimmons

Pages:1234
McDonald's

<v06fdu$14kup$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=309355&group=rec.food.cooking#309355

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: McDonald's
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 05:56:44 +1000
 by: Bruce - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 19:56 UTC

McDonald's food is so fresh it's still good after a year!

<https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13335457/I-left-McDonalds-Big-Mac-year-no-mould-lettuce-green-Ive-decided-try-salad.html>

Re: McDonald's

<v0um64$3evid$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310420&group=rec.food.cooking#310420

From: bob...@sympatico.com (bob)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: McDonald's
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 18:19:16 -0600
 by: bob - Thu, 2 May 2024 00:19 UTC

On 2024-04-22 19:56:44 +0000, Bruce said:

> McDonald's food is so fresh it's still good after a year!
>
> <https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13335457/I-left-McDonalds-Big-Mac-year-no-mould-lettuce-green-Ive-decided-try-salad.html>

I had a breakfast sandwich with a hash brown "thing" and a cup of
coffee from the Mc yesterday. It tasted good and surprisingly the
coffee was really good. Only eat there if traveling and need quick
food. Otherwise we never eat at fast food joints... well unless we
need fast food which is rarely.

Re: McDonald's

<4bac2a549abbd9d1a9312b9ff35a2ebd@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310433&group=rec.food.cooking#310433

Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 03:03:40 +0000
From: ItsJoanN...@webtv.net (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
 by: ItsJoanNotJoAnn - Thu, 2 May 2024 03:03 UTC

bob wrote:

> I had a breakfast sandwich with a hash brown "thing" and a cup of
> coffee from the Mc yesterday. It tasted good and surprisingly the
> coffee was really good. Only eat there if traveling and need quick
> food. Otherwise we never eat at fast food joints... well unless we
> need fast food which is rarely.

When I had my first eye surgery before Christmas my brother and
I stopped at McDonald's after leaving the facility. We had the
sausage, egg McMuffin and coffee and yes, their coffee is really
quite good. The sandwich and coffee were especially good I thought
since I'd not had anything to eat since before midnight.

Re: McDonald's

<66330ae7$0$3711194$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310434&group=rec.food.cooking#310434

Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 23:39:19 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Thu, 2 May 2024 03:39 UTC

On 5/1/2024 11:03 PM, ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
> bob wrote:
>
>> I had a breakfast sandwich with a hash brown "thing" and a cup of
>> coffee from the Mc yesterday.  It tasted good and surprisingly the
>> coffee was really good.  Only eat there if traveling and need quick
>> food.  Otherwise we never eat at fast food joints... well unless we
>> need fast food which is rarely.
>>

> When I had my first eye surgery before Christmas my brother and
> I stopped at McDonald's after leaving the facility.  We had the
> sausage, egg McMuffin and coffee and yes, their coffee is really
> quite good.  The sandwich and coffee were especially good I thought
> since I'd not had anything to eat since before midnight.

When I was working, Thursday was McD breakfast for me and Sue, the
office manager. I'd stop on the way in and she had the coffee ready.

Wednesday was Ray's onion bagels, Friday she brought donuts.

Now it is quarterly, after I stop for blood work, I go to McDs.

Re: McDonald's

<A%DYN.45063$Y79f.36131@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310437&group=rec.food.cooking#310437

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 23:45:35 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Thu, 2 May 2024 03:45 UTC

On 2024-05-01 11:03 p.m., ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:

> When I had my first eye surgery before Christmas my brother and
> I stopped at McDonald's after leaving the facility.  We had the
> sausage, egg McMuffin and coffee and yes, their coffee is really
> quite good.  The sandwich and coffee were especially good I thought
> since I'd not had anything to eat since before midnight.

A few years back we were on our way to Ottawa and at a McDs mainly to
use the washroom. I had been hearing that their coffee was good so
figured I would get one and a pain pain au chocolate to go. I was
surprised that the pastry was pretty good. Then I had a sip of the
coffee and I was really impressed.

When I went to Georgia we had hit the road around 5am and we stopped at
one near Pittsburg. I had a breakfast burrito and a coffee. The burrito
was better than I had expected. It was tiny.

Re: McDonald's

<q7EYN.67535$yf_8.41525@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310438&group=rec.food.cooking#310438

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 23:53:58 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Thu, 2 May 2024 03:53 UTC

On 2024-05-01 11:39 p.m., Ed P wrote:
> On 5/1/2024 11:03 PM, ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
>> bob wrote:
>>
>>> I had a breakfast sandwich with a hash brown "thing" and a cup of
>>> coffee from the Mc yesterday.  It tasted good and surprisingly the
>>> coffee was really good.  Only eat there if traveling and need quick
>>> food.  Otherwise we never eat at fast food joints... well unless we
>>> need fast food which is rarely.
>>>

>> When I had my first eye surgery before Christmas my brother and
>> I stopped at McDonald's after leaving the facility.  We had the
>> sausage, egg McMuffin and coffee and yes, their coffee is really
>> quite good.  The sandwich and coffee were especially good I thought
>> since I'd not had anything to eat since before midnight.
>

> When I was working, Thursday was McD breakfast for me and Sue, the
> office manager.  I'd stop on the way in and she had the coffee ready.
>
> Wednesday was Ray's onion bagels, Friday she brought donuts.
>

> Now it is quarterly, after I stop for blood work, I go to McDs.

Always a good plan to go for the greasy breakfast after the blood work.
I always behave myself before going for blood work. There are always
lots of people going early for their fasting blood work. I can forgo
breakfast for a while so I don't have to wait so long, but I figure I
deserve a good hearty unhealthy brekkie after I am finished.

Re: McDonald's

<86658de8249bb1063d6cc64160bbb965@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310441&group=rec.food.cooking#310441

Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 04:17:50 +0000
From: ItsJoanN...@webtv.net (ItsJoanNotJoAnn)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
 by: ItsJoanNotJoAnn - Thu, 2 May 2024 04:17 UTC

Dave Smith wrote:

> A few years back we were on our way to Ottawa and at a McDs mainly to
> use the washroom. I had been hearing that their coffee was good so
> figured I would get one and a pain pain au chocolate to go. I was
> surprised that the pastry was pretty good. Then I had a sip of the
> coffee and I was really impressed.

> When I went to Georgia we had hit the road around 5am and we stopped at
> one near Pittsburg. I had a breakfast burrito and a coffee. The burrito
> was better than I had expected. It was tiny.

I've never had their breakfast burrito, but yes, their coffee is very,
very good. I've not had their pancakes either as the few times I
visit, I always opt for the sausage, cheese, egg McMuffin.

Re: McDonald's

<v0v5jf$3ll5e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310442&group=rec.food.cooking#310442

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 14:42:22 +1000
 by: Bruce - Thu, 2 May 2024 04:42 UTC

On Thu, 2 May 2024 03:03:40 +0000, ItsJoanNotJoAnn@webtv.net
(ItsJoanNotJoAnn) wrote:

>bob wrote:
>
>> I had a breakfast sandwich with a hash brown "thing" and a cup of
>> coffee from the Mc yesterday. It tasted good and surprisingly the
>> coffee was really good. Only eat there if traveling and need quick
>> food. Otherwise we never eat at fast food joints... well unless we
>> need fast food which is rarely.
>>

>When I had my first eye surgery before Christmas my brother and
>I stopped at McDonald's after leaving the facility. We had the
>sausage, egg McMuffin and coffee and yes, their coffee is really
>quite good. The sandwich and coffee were especially good I thought
>since I'd not had anything to eat since before midnight.

"Hunger is the best sauce."

Re: McDonald's

<v0v5mh$3ll5e$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310443&group=rec.food.cooking#310443

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 14:44:00 +1000
 by: Bruce - Thu, 2 May 2024 04:44 UTC

On Wed, 1 May 2024 23:45:35 -0400, Dave Smith
<adavid.smith@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>On 2024-05-01 11:03 p.m., ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
>

>> When I had my first eye surgery before Christmas my brother and
>> I stopped at McDonald's after leaving the facility.  We had the
>> sausage, egg McMuffin and coffee and yes, their coffee is really
>> quite good.  The sandwich and coffee were especially good I thought
>> since I'd not had anything to eat since before midnight.
>
> A few years back we were on our way to Ottawa and at a McDs mainly to
>use the washroom. I had been hearing that their coffee was good so
>figured I would get one and a pain pain au chocolate to go. I was
>surprised that the pastry was pretty good. Then I had a sip of the
>coffee and I was really impressed.
>
>When I went to Georgia we had hit the road around 5am and we stopped at
>one near Pittsburg. I had a breakfast burrito and a coffee. The burrito
>was better than I had expected. It was tiny.

You're lucky you didn't see the ingredient list.

Re: McDonald's

<v0v5s3$3ll5e$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310445&group=rec.food.cooking#310445

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 14:46:58 +1000
 by: Bruce - Thu, 2 May 2024 04:46 UTC

On Thu, 2 May 2024 04:17:50 +0000, ItsJoanNotJoAnn@webtv.net
(ItsJoanNotJoAnn) wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> A few years back we were on our way to Ottawa and at a McDs mainly to
>> use the washroom. I had been hearing that their coffee was good so
>> figured I would get one and a pain pain au chocolate to go. I was
>> surprised that the pastry was pretty good. Then I had a sip of the
>> coffee and I was really impressed.
>
>> When I went to Georgia we had hit the road around 5am and we stopped at
>> one near Pittsburg. I had a breakfast burrito and a coffee. The burrito
>> was better than I had expected. It was tiny.
>>
>I've never had their breakfast burrito, but yes, their coffee is very,
>very good. I've not had their pancakes either as the few times I
>visit, I always opt for the sausage, cheese, egg McMuffin.

Only in an American food newsgroup will people be discussing the
various McDonalds offerings. Aww.

Re: McDonald's

<6b8199aa8eebf13d78dc15f23c7858ea@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310446&group=rec.food.cooking#310446

From: dsi...@yahoo.com (dsi1)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 05:10:41 +0000
 by: dsi1 - Thu, 2 May 2024 05:10 UTC

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2024-05-01 11:39 p.m., Ed P wrote:

>>> When I had my first eye surgery before Christmas my brother and
>>> I stopped at McDonald's after leaving the facility.  We had the
>>> sausage, egg McMuffin and coffee and yes, their coffee is really
>>> quite good.  The sandwich and coffee were especially good I thought
>>> since I'd not had anything to eat since before midnight.
>>

>> When I was working, Thursday was McD breakfast for me and Sue, the
>> office manager.  I'd stop on the way in and she had the coffee ready.
>>
>> Wednesday was Ray's onion bagels, Friday she brought donuts.
>>

>> Now it is quarterly, after I stop for blood work, I go to McDs.

> Always a good plan to go for the greasy breakfast after the blood work.
> I always behave myself before going for blood work. There are always
> lots of people going early for their fasting blood work. I can forgo
> breakfast for a while so I don't have to wait so long, but I figure I
> deserve a good hearty unhealthy brekkie after I am finished.

The grandkids like going to McDonald's. We go there most days after we pick them up from school. I'm not sure why they like the food so much. Maybe because it's simple and easy to understand. Maybe they find the building inviting with tables built to their scale. Anyway, I've had it up to here with those burgers. I bought a box of 13 chocolate chip cookies yesterday. They were quite good - soft and chewy with a lot of melted chips. I can't say how they make their cookies with melted chips. It was quite messy to eat. I think I'm going to have to get some more!

Re: McDonald's

<66333296$0$2422116$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310449&group=rec.food.cooking#310449

Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 01:28:25 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: bryangsi...@gmail.com (BryanGSimmons)
 by: BryanGSimmons - Thu, 2 May 2024 06:28 UTC

On 5/1/2024 11:17 PM, ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
>
>>   A few years back we were on our way to Ottawa and at a McDs mainly
>> to use the washroom. I had been hearing that their coffee was good so
>> figured I would get one and a pain pain au chocolate to go. I was
>> surprised that the pastry was pretty good. Then I had a sip of the
>> coffee and I was really impressed.

We get the regular drip coffee on road trips for a little dose of
caffeine. It's nowhere near as good as what we have at home, and we
don't buy super pricey coffee. We buy Cameron's light roast when it's
BOGO at the grocery store.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cameron-s-Coffee-Premium-Breakfast-Blend-Ground-Coffee-Light-Roast-12-oz-Naturally-Caffeinated/43177551

>> When I went to Georgia we had hit the road around  5am and we stopped
>> at one near Pittsburg.  I had a breakfast burrito and a coffee. The
>> burrito was better than I had expected. It was tiny.

The burritos are edible if you get *at least* two salsas for each
burrito. They come frozen from a factory. They aren't the worst thing
McD's sells. That honor goes to the Big Mac. The hash brown patties
are pretty bad too.

> I've never had their breakfast burrito, but yes, their coffee is very,
> very good.  I've not had their pancakes either as the few times I
> visit, I always opt for the sausage, cheese, egg McMuffin.

The McMuffins are pretty good. As for the coffee, it's OK, but how you
would judge coffee, I don't know. As recently as a few years ago, you
were putting non-dairy "creamer" in yours, which is just one or two
steps above eating roadkill. Up until recently, the sausage and cheese
McMuffins were 2 for $2.29, but ONE sausage, egg and cheese McMuffin was
significantly more than $2.29. That's one pricey egg.

--
--Bryan
For your safety and protection, this sig. has been thoroughly

"Most of the food described here is nauseating.
We're just too courteous to say so."
-- Cindy Hamilton

Re: McDonald's

<MPG.409d55c6a1ee17a1989c6d@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310450&group=rec.food.cooking#310450

From: nob...@home.com (Janet)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 08:49:03 +0100
 by: Janet - Thu, 2 May 2024 07:49 UTC

I've been to McDonalds, round about 1982 or was it '83?

Janet UK

Re: McDonald's

<l9gvalFk8soU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310451&group=rec.food.cooking#310451

From: firstn...@lastname.oc.ku (S Viemeister)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 08:57:09 +0100
 by: S Viemeister - Thu, 2 May 2024 07:57 UTC

On 02/05/2024 08:49, Janet wrote:

> I've been to McDonalds, round about 1982 or was it '83?

I went to the one in Inverness, in 1995. Once.

Re: McDonald's

<v0vhbf$3o26k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310452&group=rec.food.cooking#310452

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 18:02:53 +1000
 by: Bruce - Thu, 2 May 2024 08:02 UTC

On Thu, 2 May 2024 08:49:03 +0100, Janet <nobody@home.com> wrote:

> I've been to McDonalds, round about 1982 or was it '83?

Did you have a McMuppet or a McMooThing?

Re: McDonald's

<MSHYN.1924$o%Qa.1620@fx10.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310453&group=rec.food.cooking#310453

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: crisper....@none.none (Chris_P_Bacon)
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 04:09:17 -0400
 by: Chris_P_Bacon - Thu, 2 May 2024 08:09 UTC

Dave Smith wrote:
> I figure I deserve a good hearty unhealthy brekkie after I am finished.

Is that what you tell your bad ticker, officer Dave?

Re: McDonald's

<l9h7apFldcjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310460&group=rec.food.cooking#310460

From: firstn...@lastname.oc.ku (S Viemeister)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 11:13:45 +0100
 by: S Viemeister - Thu, 2 May 2024 10:13 UTC

On 02/05/2024 09:02, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 2 May 2024 08:49:03 +0100, Janet <nobody@home.com> wrote:
>

>> I've been to McDonalds, round about 1982 or was it '83?
>
> Did you have a McMuppet or a McMooThing?

I had a thin, tasteless, leathery, burger with 'cheese'.
It was late, I was hungry and jet-lagged, and they were open.
Never again.

Re: McDonald's

<2a1b2618-e30b-b4d4-f5f8-1f5f9e0a606f@example.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310466&group=rec.food.cooking#310466

From: nos...@example.net (D)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 12:43:40 +0200
 by: D - Thu, 2 May 2024 10:43 UTC

On Thu, 2 May 2024, ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote:

> bob wrote:
>
>> I had a breakfast sandwich with a hash brown "thing" and a cup of coffee
>> from the Mc yesterday. It tasted good and surprisingly the coffee was
>> really good. Only eat there if traveling and need quick food. Otherwise
>> we never eat at fast food joints... well unless we need fast food which is
>> rarely.
>>

> When I had my first eye surgery before Christmas my brother and
> I stopped at McDonald's after leaving the facility. We had the
> sausage, egg McMuffin and coffee and yes, their coffee is really
> quite good. The sandwich and coffee were especially good I thought since I'd
> not had anything to eat since before midnight.

Egg McMuffin is good stuff! On the very rare occasions that I need to eat
breakfast at a McDonalds, that's my choice. Otherwise I go to McDonalds
about once every 2 months or so, and the staple is 1 double cheese burger
+ 1 hamburger + carrots. Both healthy _and_ nutritious!

Re: McDonald's

<v0vr8a$3q9ot$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310467&group=rec.food.cooking#310467

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 02 May 2024 20:51:53 +1000
 by: Bruce - Thu, 2 May 2024 10:51 UTC

On Thu, 2 May 2024 11:13:45 +0100, S Viemeister
<firstname@lastname.oc.ku> wrote:

>On 02/05/2024 09:02, Bruce wrote:
>> On Thu, 2 May 2024 08:49:03 +0100, Janet <nobody@home.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've been to McDonalds, round about 1982 or was it '83?
>>
>> Did you have a McMuppet or a McMooThing?
>>
>I had a thin, tasteless, leathery, burger with 'cheese'.
>It was late, I was hungry and jet-lagged, and they were open.
>Never again.

The last things I've had there are ice cream and French fries. They
were ok. Of course, in the US they're allowed to add a lot more gunk
to food.

Re: McDonald's

<3oNYN.14285$oA33.8683@fx34.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310476&group=rec.food.cooking#310476

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 10:26:07 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Thu, 2 May 2024 14:26 UTC

On 2024-05-02 3:49 a.m., Janet wrote:

> I've been to McDonalds, round about 1982 or was it '83?

When I first started working on the road I ate there a couple times. It
was a bad mistake. That's about 46 years ago now and I think I may have
been there maybe a total of a dozen times. I had been hearing how good
their coffee was but it took me years to build up the courage to try it,
and as I said, I went mainly because I really needed to use their
washroom. I was surprised how good their coffee was.
I think that was about 10 years ago. About a year ago I was coming
back from an airport run and was famished and low on time. I stopped at
a McDs and got a hamburger. I had low expectations so I was not
surprised that they failed to meet even those. I didn't get sick or
anything. I have not been desperate to go back for another. I can't
understand how there can be people out there who actually like that stuff.

Re: McDonald's

<20240502094410.260913d8@me6pd1kb9>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310483&group=rec.food.cooking#310483

From: not...@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 09:44:10 -0600
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Thu, 2 May 2024 15:44 UTC

On Wed, 1 May 2024 18:19:16 -0600
bob <bob@sympatico.com> wrote:

> Otherwise we never eat at fast food joints... well unless we
> need fast food which is rarely.

Any anyone should care for what reason?

Please, which toothpaste do you use and why?

Inquiring McBiddy minds *need* to know...

Re: McDonald's

<20240502095012.1fb2f415@me6pd1kb9>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310487&group=rec.food.cooking#310487

From: not...@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 09:50:12 -0600
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Thu, 2 May 2024 15:50 UTC

On Wed, 1 May 2024 23:39:19 -0400
Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

> after I stop for blood work, I go to McDs.

Nothing like reversing the results.

_
//
//
_______________//__
.(______________//___).
| / |
|. . . . . . . / . . .|
\ . . . . . ./. . . . /
| / ___ |
_.---._ |::......./../...\.:|
_.-~ ~-._ |::::/::\::/:\::::::|
_.-~ ~-._ |::::\::/::::::X:/::|
_.-~ ~---.;:::::::/::\::/:::::|
_.-~ ~\::::::n::::::::::|
.-~ _.;::/::::a::::::::/
:-._ _.-~ ./::::::::d:::::::|
`-._~-._ _..__.-~ _.-~|::/::::::::::::::|
/ ~-._~-._ / .__..--~----.YWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWP'
\_____(_;-._\. _.-~_/ ~).. . \
/(_____ \`--...--~_.-~______..-+_______)
.(_________/`--...--~/ _/ /\
/-._ \_ (___./_..-~__.....__..-~./
`-._~-._ ~\--------~ .-~_..__.-~ _.-~
~-._~-._ ~---------' / .__..--~
~-._\. _.-~_/
\`--...--~_.-~
`--...--~

Re: McDonald's

<20240502095318.64e2577e@me6pd1kb9>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310490&group=rec.food.cooking#310490

From: not...@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 09:53:18 -0600
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Thu, 2 May 2024 15:53 UTC

On Wed, 1 May 2024 23:45:35 -0400
Dave Smith <adavid.smith@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> The burrito
> was better than I had expected. It was tiny.

Dry too I bet.

Re: McDonald's

<20240502095414.054e49f8@me6pd1kb9>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310491&group=rec.food.cooking#310491

From: not...@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 09:54:14 -0600
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Thu, 2 May 2024 15:54 UTC

On Wed, 1 May 2024 23:53:58 -0400
Dave Smith <adavid.smith@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I always behave myself before going for blood work.

Blood work measures accumulated serum levels, not spot readings, dummy.

Re: McDonald's

<20240502095636.5dbfea66@me6pd1kb9>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=310492&group=rec.food.cooking#310492

From: not...@he.re (my foolish hammer-drill)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 09:56:36 -0600
 by: my foolish hammer-dr - Thu, 2 May 2024 15:56 UTC

On Thu, 2 May 2024 05:10:41 +0000
dsi100@yahoo.com (dsi1) wrote:

> Dave Smith wrote:

> >> When I was working, Thursday was McD breakfast for me and Sue, the
> >> office manager.  I'd stop on the way in and she had the coffee
> >> ready.
> >>
> >> Wednesday was Ray's onion bagels, Friday she brought donuts.
> >>

> >> Now it is quarterly, after I stop for blood work, I go to McDs.
>

> > Always a good plan to go for the greasy breakfast after the blood
> > work. I always behave myself before going for blood work. There are
> > always lots of people going early for their fasting blood work. I
> > can forgo breakfast for a while so I don't have to wait so long,
> > but I figure I deserve a good hearty unhealthy brekkie after I am
> > finished.
>
> The grandkids like going to McDonald's. We go there most days after
> we pick them up from school. I'm not sure why they like the food so
> much. Maybe because it's simple and easy to understand. Maybe they
> find the building inviting with tables built to their scale. Anyway,
> I've had it up to here with those burgers. I bought a box of 13
> chocolate chip cookies yesterday. They were quite good - soft and
> chewy with a lot of melted chips. I can't say how they make their
> cookies with melted chips. It was quite messy to eat. I think I'm
> going to have to get some more!

The school system indoctrinates children early into processed foods and
junk calories - all while claiming to offer a juice box of redemption,
and some apple sauce...uh huh...

interests / rec.food.cooking / McDonald's