Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Subject: Thursday night dinner
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 18:03:19 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 22:03 UTC

Pesghetti and meatballs. My wife had some left out some triple mix and
hinted (told me) I should make meatballs. Not a problem.... dried bread
crumbs, milk, egg, ground Parmesan,chopped parsley, salt, pepper, garlic
powder and about a pound and a half of meat. Mix, portion into balls
and bake.
For the sauce I finely chopped half a small onion and about a quarter of
a red pepper and sauteed it in EVOO adding a couple cloves of pressed
garlic and then added a jar of Passata and some tomato puree, seasoned
with salt and pepper, dried oregano and basil. It's almost ready and it
smells wonderful.

Re: Thursday night dinner

<v0elm1$37g0t$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=309710&group=rec.food.cooking#309710

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Thursday night dinner
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 18:32:22 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 22:32 UTC

On 4/25/2024 6:03 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> Pesghetti and meatballs.  My wife had some left out some triple mix and
> hinted (told me) I should make meatballs.  Not a problem.... dried bread
> crumbs, milk, egg, ground Parmesan,chopped parsley, salt, pepper, garlic
> powder and about a pound and a half of meat.  Mix, portion into balls
> and bake.
> For the sauce I finely chopped half a small onion and about a quarter of
> a red pepper and sauteed it in EVOO adding a couple cloves of pressed
> garlic and then added a jar of Passata and some tomato puree, seasoned
> with salt and pepper, dried oregano and basil.  It's almost ready and it
> smells wonderful.

Sounds tasty! Enjoy your dinner!

Jill

Re: Thursday night dinner

<tuBWN.41016$ETf1.8782@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=309723&group=rec.food.cooking#309723

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 19:15:37 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 23:15 UTC

On 2024-04-25 6:32 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/25/2024 6:03 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> Pesghetti and meatballs.  My wife had some left out some triple mix
>> and hinted (told me) I should make meatballs.  Not a problem.... dried
>> bread crumbs, milk, egg, ground Parmesan,chopped parsley, salt,
>> pepper, garlic powder and about a pound and a half of meat.  Mix,
>> portion into balls and bake.
>> For the sauce I finely chopped half a small onion and about a quarter
>> of a red pepper and sauteed it in EVOO adding a couple cloves of
>> pressed garlic and then added a jar of Passata and some tomato puree,
>> seasoned with salt and pepper, dried oregano and basil.  It's almost
>> ready and it smells wonderful.
>>
> Sounds tasty!  Enjoy your dinner!

\

Thanks Jill. We did enjoy it. The meatballs were great.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Thursday night dinner