Subject: OT: First episode of the Doctors to air on Retro-TV in April.
From: Rick
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 21:24 UTC
From: ric...@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 17:24:46 -0400
View all headers
Saw this today on TV line:

"Retro TV will air the very first, 58-year-old episode of the daytime drama The Doctors on Thursday, April 22 at noon and 7:30 pm ET, and stream it that day at MyRetroTV.com at 4 pm ET."

The Doctors was part of the four-hour block of soap operas I used to watch back in 1970 when I worked nights.  If I am remembering correctly, this was the schedule of the eight 30-minute shows (yes eight!) I watched every day:

12:30 pm:  The Best of Everything
1 pm:  All My Children
1:30:  As the World Turns
2:00:  Days of Our Lives
2:30:  The Doctors
3:00:  Another World
3:30:  Bright Promise / Return to Peyton Place
4:00:  Another World in Somerset (later shortened to Somerset)

Fortunately, the Best of Everything went off the air in September 1970, so that dropped my viewing to seven episodes.  And once shows started expanding to one-hour in 1975, some went off the air or I just stopped watching.  But it's still amazing to me that I was able to sit through and absorb eight different soaps during that time in my life.