He who laughs last -- missed the punch line.

arts / alt.tv.days-of-our-lives / Beyond Salem info...

SubjectAuthor
* Beyond Salem info...Chase
+* Re: Beyond Salem info...suzeeq
|`* Re: Beyond Salem info...Chase
| `* Re: Beyond Salem info...suzeeq
|  `* Re: Beyond Salem info...Chase
|   `* Re: Beyond Salem info...suzeeq
|    `* Re: Beyond Salem info...Chase
|     `* Re: Beyond Salem info...suzeeq
|      `* Re: Beyond Salem info...Chase
|       `- Re: Beyond Salem info...Chase
`* Re: Beyond Salem info...Rick
 `* Re: Beyond Salem info...suzeeq
  `- Re: Beyond Salem info...Rick

1
Beyond Salem info...

<c65bc491-09b4-4fa0-834e-cbc95932e7f0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=322&group=alt.tv.days-of-our-lives#322

Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 21:35:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Beyond Salem info...
From: chase4e...@gmail.com (Chase)
 by: Chase - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 04:35 UTC

....I found a web page that has the first video in the new series and am getting ready to watch it, but I want to share this link first with you:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x83zp8g
(Chase)

Re: Beyond Salem info...

<sh6stu$nt3$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=323&group=alt.tv.days-of-our-lives#323

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Subject: Re: Beyond Salem info...
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 22:22:03 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 05:22 UTC

On 9/6/2021 9:35 PM, Chase wrote:
> ...I found a web page that has the first video in the new series and am getting ready to watch it, but I want to share this link first with you:
> https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x83zp8g
> (Chase)

Hmmmm might have to catch it there. I subscribed to Peacock and found it
had a lot of buffering lags. Don't know if it's my new computer (which
isn't the fastest) or Peacock.

Re: Beyond Salem info...

<f4aef690-36cc-4673-bced-00d071d93c7cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=324&group=alt.tv.days-of-our-lives#324

Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 23:23:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: chase4e...@gmail.com (Chase)
 by: Chase - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 06:23 UTC

On Monday, September 6, 2021 at 10:22:09 PM UTC-7, suzeeq wrote:
> On 9/6/2021 9:35 PM, Chase wrote:
> > ...I found a web page that has the first video in the new series and am getting ready to watch it, but I want to share this link first with you:
> > https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x83zp8g
> > (Chase)
> >
> Hmmmm might have to catch it there. I subscribed to Peacock and found it
> had a lot of buffering lags. Don't know if it's my new computer (which
> isn't the fastest) or Peacock.
Suzeeq, I was so grateful to find the video due to my
not wanting to watch it with ads if I went to Peacock
(since I'm not a paid subscriber). I was quite impressed
with seeing the new Sonny and the storyline unfolding of
him & Will as well as the way other storylines have
been presented. It's better than what I thought it would
be. I hope you enjoy it, too. :) (Chase)

Re: Beyond Salem info...

<sh7s1k$1hkg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=325&group=alt.tv.days-of-our-lives#325

From: ric...@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 10:13:05 -0400
 by: Rick - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 14:13 UTC

"Chase" wrote in message

>...I found a web page that has the first video in the new series and am
>getting ready to watch it, but I want to share this link first with you:
>https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x83zp8g
>(Chase)

I downloaded the first two episodes from a different source, but haven't
watched yet. What I found most interesting is that the run time - at least
on the first ep - is 47 minutes, a good third longer than on the usual
network broadcast. It will be interesting to see if this translates into
better writing and more time to explore plots and characters. Also because
it's on streaming rather than network, I wonder if they relaxed any of the
usual standards for language and such.

I did a quick skim to make sure I had the whole episode, and it certainly
looks very glossy and high quality. I didn't recognize the director or
teleplay writer, so it seems this was really done separately from the daily
episode filming. Since I'm not watching the daily series, I really wonder
how they are able to maintain continuity with the regular show - are all
these characters just MIA from the daily series? I realize that characters
like Shane and Carrie and Anna, and certainly Will and Sonny, aren't even on
the daily show any more - but what about John and Marlena and Abe and Ciara
and Ben, etc. Are they all off the daily show these days?

I also wonder - if this miniseries is successful, does this hint at a
possible long-term strategy to migrate the series from the network to the
streaming platform? Could be...

--

Re: Beyond Salem info...

<sh7uet$asl$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=326&group=alt.tv.days-of-our-lives#326

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 07:54:20 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 14:54 UTC

On 9/6/2021 11:23 PM, Chase wrote:
> On Monday, September 6, 2021 at 10:22:09 PM UTC-7, suzeeq wrote:
>> On 9/6/2021 9:35 PM, Chase wrote:
>>> ...I found a web page that has the first video in the new series and am getting ready to watch it, but I want to share this link first with you:
>>> https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x83zp8g
>>> (Chase)
>>>
>> Hmmmm might have to catch it there. I subscribed to Peacock and found it
>> had a lot of buffering lags. Don't know if it's my new computer (which
>> isn't the fastest) or Peacock.
> Suzeeq, I was so grateful to find the video due to my
> not wanting to watch it with ads if I went to Peacock
> (since I'm not a paid subscriber). I was quite impressed
> with seeing the new Sonny and the storyline unfolding of
> him & Will as well as the way other storylines have
> been presented. It's better than what I thought it would
> be. I hope you enjoy it, too. :) (Chase)

I'm not a paid subscriber and there were no ads.

Re: Beyond Salem info...

<sh7uk1$asl$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=327&group=alt.tv.days-of-our-lives#327

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 07:57:04 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 14:57 UTC

On 9/7/2021 7:13 AM, Rick wrote:
> "Chase"  wrote in message
>>
>> ...I found a web page that has the first video in the new series and
>> am getting ready to watch it, but I want to share this link first with
>> you:
>> https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x83zp8g
>> (Chase)
>
> I downloaded the first two episodes from a different source, but haven't
> watched yet.  What I found most interesting is that the run time - at
> least on the first ep - is 47 minutes, a good third longer than on the
> usual network broadcast.   It will be interesting to see if this
> translates into better writing and more time to explore plots and
> characters.   Also because it's on streaming rather than network, I
> wonder if they relaxed any of the usual standards for language and such.
>
> I did a quick skim to make sure I had the whole episode, and it
> certainly looks very glossy and high quality.  I didn't recognize the
> director or teleplay writer, so it seems this was really done separately
> from the daily episode filming.  Since I'm not watching the daily
> series, I really wonder how they are able to maintain continuity with
> the regular show - are all these characters just MIA from the daily
> series? I realize that characters like Shane and Carrie and Anna, and
> certainly Will and Sonny, aren't even on the daily show any more - but
> what about John and Marlena and Abe and Ciara and Ben, etc.  Are they

Yes, Thursday's show was a setup for them leaving town - for the weekend.

> I also wonder - if this miniseries is successful, does this hint at a
> possible long-term strategy to migrate the series from the network to
> the streaming platform?  Could be...
>
> --

Re: Beyond Salem info...

<sh84mf$uj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=328&group=alt.tv.days-of-our-lives#328

From: ric...@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 12:40:44 -0400
 by: Rick - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 16:40 UTC

"suzeeq" wrote in message news:sh7uk1$asl$2@solani.org...

>On 9/7/2021 7:13 AM, Rick wrote:
>> "Chase" wrote in message
>>>
>>> ...I found a web page that has the first video in the new series and am
>>> getting ready to watch it, but I want to share this link first with you:
>>> https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x83zp8g
>>> (Chase)
>> I downloaded the first two episodes from a different source, but haven't
>> watched yet. What I found most interesting is that the run time - at
>> least on the first ep - is 47 minutes, a good third longer than on the
>> usual network broadcast. It will be interesting to see if this
>> translates into better writing and more time to explore plots and
>> characters. Also because it's on streaming rather than network, I
>> wonder if they relaxed any of the usual standards for language and such.
>>
>> I did a quick skim to make sure I had the whole episode, and it certainly
>> looks very glossy and high quality. I didn't recognize the director or
>> teleplay writer, so it seems this was really done separately from the
>> daily episode filming. Since I'm not watching the daily series, I really
>> wonder how they are able to maintain continuity with the regular show -
>> are all these characters just MIA from the daily series? I realize that
>> characters like Shane and Carrie and Anna, and
>> certainly Will and Sonny, aren't even on the daily show any more - but
>> what about John and Marlena and Abe and Ciara and Ben, etc. Are they
>
>Yes, Thursday's show was a setup for them leaving town - for the weekend.

Thanks, that's good to know.

--

Re: Beyond Salem info...

<05bed4da-4321-48b0-b34c-a644475b46f4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=329&group=alt.tv.days-of-our-lives#329

Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 14:23:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: chase4e...@gmail.com (Chase)
 by: Chase - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 21:23 UTC

On Tuesday, September 7, 2021 at 7:54:24 AM UTC-7, suzeeq wrote:
> On 9/6/2021 11:23 PM, Chase wrote:
> >>>
> >> Hmmmm might have to catch it there. I subscribed to Peacock and found it
> >> had a lot of buffering lags. Don't know if it's my new computer (which
> >> isn't the fastest) or Peacock.
> > Suzeeq, I was so grateful to find the video due to my
> > not wanting to watch it with ads if I went to Peacock
> > (since I'm not a paid subscriber). I was quite impressed
> > with seeing the new Sonny and the storyline unfolding of
> > him & Will as well as the way other storylines have
> > been presented. It's better than what I thought it would
> > be. I hope you enjoy it, too. :) (Chase)
> >
> I'm not a paid subscriber and there were no ads.
Suzeeq, Thanks for the info about no ads. I enjoyed
reading notes that you and Rick wrote, too. (Chase)

Re: Beyond Salem info...

<sh8uii$qoc$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=330&group=alt.tv.days-of-our-lives#330

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 17:02:25 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 8 Sep 2021 00:02 UTC

On 9/7/2021 2:23 PM, Chase wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 7, 2021 at 7:54:24 AM UTC-7, suzeeq wrote:

>>> Suzeeq, I was so grateful to find the video due to my
>>> not wanting to watch it with ads if I went to Peacock
>>> (since I'm not a paid subscriber). I was quite impressed
>>> with seeing the new Sonny and the storyline unfolding of
>>> him & Will as well as the way other storylines have
>>> been presented. It's better than what I thought it would
>>> be. I hope you enjoy it, too. :) (Chase)
>>>
>> I'm not a paid subscriber and there were no ads.
> Suzeeq, Thanks for the info about no ads. I enjoyed
> reading notes that you and Rick wrote, too. (Chase)

There IS a pay peacock, but Beyond Salem is on the free side, with no
ads. TNBC launched it recently so they're trying to sucker in as many
people as possible before they start ads or mandatory payment.

Re: Beyond Salem info...

<6faf48ee-e5f0-425b-8b08-c4507f701a54n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=331&group=alt.tv.days-of-our-lives#331

Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 23:45:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: chase4e...@gmail.com (Chase)
 by: Chase - Wed, 8 Sep 2021 06:45 UTC

On Tuesday, September 7, 2021 at 5:02:28 PM UTC-7, suzeeq wrote:
> On 9/7/2021 2:23 PM, Chase wrote:

> >> I'm not a paid subscriber and there were no ads.
> > Suzeeq, Thanks for the info about no ads. I enjoyed
> > reading notes that you and Rick wrote, too. (Chase)
> There IS a pay peacock, but Beyond Salem is on the free side, with no
> ads. TNBC launched it recently so they're trying to sucker in as many
> people as possible before they start ads or mandatory payment.
Suzeeq, for me, there were ads when I attempted
to watch today's episode, but all is OK, I watched
it on the other website. Hugs (Chase)

Re: Beyond Salem info...

<shafhf$j3v$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=332&group=alt.tv.days-of-our-lives#332

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 06:58:07 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 8 Sep 2021 13:58 UTC

On 9/7/2021 11:45 PM, Chase wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 7, 2021 at 5:02:28 PM UTC-7, suzeeq wrote:

>>> Suzeeq, Thanks for the info about no ads. I enjoyed
>>> reading notes that you and Rick wrote, too. (Chase)
>> There IS a pay peacock, but Beyond Salem is on the free side, with no
>> ads. TNBC launched it recently so they're trying to sucker in as many
>> people as possible before they start ads or mandatory payment.
> Suzeeq, for me, there were ads when I attempted
> to watch today's episode, but all is OK, I watched
> it on the other website. Hugs (Chase)

Ahh, I know what it is - I'm using an adblocker. Very handy, those
things. You should look into one for your browser.

Re: Beyond Salem info...

<294e0591-fde5-4181-9b9f-7623488918c9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=333&group=alt.tv.days-of-our-lives#333

Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 04:15:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: chase4e...@gmail.com (Chase)
 by: Chase - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 11:15 UTC

On Wednesday, September 8, 2021 at 6:58:11 AM UTC-7, suzeeq wrote:
> On 9/7/2021 11:45 PM, Chase wrote:

> >> There IS a pay peacock, but Beyond Salem is on the free side, with no
> >> ads. TNBC launched it recently so they're trying to sucker in as many
> >> people as possible before they start ads or mandatory payment.
> > Suzeeq, for me, there were ads when I attempted
> > to watch today's episode, but all is OK, I watched
> > it on the other website. Hugs (Chase)
> Ahh, I know what it is - I'm using an adblocker. Very handy, those
> things. You should look into one for your browser.
Suzeeq, Thanks, again. I use an adblocker but probably
not as good of a one as you are using. I'm just so happy
I can watch from the other website without ads. (Chase)

Re: Beyond Salem info...

<134b4358-ecb2-40b1-a553-7bf0ef01ac62n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=335&group=alt.tv.days-of-our-lives#335

Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 22:41:14 -0700 (PDT)
References: <c65bc491-09b4-4fa0-834e-cbc95932e7f0n@googlegroups.com> <sh6stu$nt3$1@solani.org> <f4aef690-36cc-4673-bced-00d071d93c7cn@googlegroups.com> <sh7uet$asl$1@solani.org> <05bed4da-4321-48b0-b34c-a644475b46f4n@googlegroups.com> <sh8uii$qoc$1@solani.org> <6faf48ee-e5f0-425b-8b08-c4507f701a54n@googlegroups.com> <shafhf$j3v$1@solani.org> <294e0591-fde5-4181-9b9f-7623488918c9n@googlegroups.com>
From: chase4e...@gmail.com (Chase)
 by: Chase - Sat, 11 Sep 2021 05:41 UTC

On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 4:15:10 AM UTC-7, Chase wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 8, 2021 at 6:58:11 AM UTC-7, suzeeq wrote:

> > > Suzeeq, for me, there were ads when I attempted
> > > to watch today's episode, but all is OK, I watched
> > > it on the other website. Hugs (Chase)
> > Ahh, I know what it is - I'm using an adblocker. Very handy, those
> > things. You should look into one for your browser.
> Suzeeq, Thanks, again. I use an adblocker but probably
> not as good of a one as you are using. I'm just so happy
> I can watch from the other website without ads. (Chase)
I didn't have any idea that I would like "Beyond Salem" as
much as I have. The new Sonny replacement couldn't have
been any better. It was fun seeing so many regulars from
the past. The storylines were enjoyable, and the humor
seemed to be beyond words. I hope others enjoyed it as
much. (Chase)