Subject: Re: What is your favorite theme song from a soap other than Days?
From: Rick
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 13:56 UTC
From: ric...@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 09:56:07 -0400
View all headers
"danieland...@gmail.com"  wrote in message news:082cce79-3fda-44c7-96fc-f3ab0e810e03n@googlegroups.com...

Mine has to be Another World. Either the original theme, written by Charles Paul which was a sweeping, beautiful composition with lush instrumentation and an uplifting melody featuring the organ, and a full orchestra and celeste solo during the mid-section, or You Are My Way To Another World (1987-96).

As I've posted before, I still enjoy the original organ/piano theme from As the World Turns from the late 60s - early 1970s (before it became all orchestral), which was also Charles Paul.  I posted this link here before, but here again is a cover of that theme by Lance Jackson that I think is particularly good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN8XJb6LOWs

From: danieland...@gmail.c
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 14:39 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 07:39:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: danielan...@gmail.com (danieland...@gmail.com)

Mine has to be Another World. Either the original theme, written by Charles
Paul which was a sweeping, beautiful composition with lush instrumentation
and an uplifting melody featuring the organ, and a full orchestra and
celeste solo during the mid-section, or You Are My Way To Another World
(1987-96).
As I've posted before, I still enjoy the original organ/piano theme from As
the World Turns from the late 60s - early 1970s (before it became all
orchestral), which was also Charles Paul. I posted this link here before,
but here again is a cover of that theme by Lance Jackson that I think is
particularly good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN8XJb6LOWs

--
Personally, i associate AW's longtime announcer Bill Wolff with the original theme, but I've heard the ATWT theme and it's really good too, not to mention longtime announcer Dan McCullough......