Chairman of the Bored.

arts / alt.tv.days-of-our-lives / Re: Bill Hayes is 96 this month

SubjectAuthor
* Bill Hayes is 96 this monthRick
+* Re: Bill Hayes is 96 this monthChase
|`- Re: Bill Hayes is 96 this monthPrimula N
`- Re: Bill Hayes is 96 this monthhobbes

1
Subject: Bill Hayes is 96 this month
From: Rick
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 14:32 UTC
From: ric...@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 10:32:24 -0400
It completely slipped my mind that Bill Hayes turned 96 earlier this month. I'm not sure when he last appeared on the show, but if he is still considered a member of the cast, he may be the oldest living performer on any current soap opera.

One of my earliest memories is of listening to his recording of The Ballad of Davy Crockett on the radio when I was 4 years old.  I also remember the very first episode of Days of Lives I ever saw back in 1970 when Doug first appeared on the show.  Our fellow poster David used to mention how he and Sonny came to Salem at the same time.  Well in the same way, Doug and I basically came to Salem around the same time.

Subject: Re: Bill Hayes is 96 this month
From: Chase
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 22:34 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 15:34:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: chase4e...@gmail.com (Chase)
On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 7:32:26 AM UTC-7, Rick wrote:
It completely slipped my mind that Bill Hayes turned 96 earlier this month.
I'm not sure when he last appeared on the show, but if he is still
considered a member of the cast, he may be the oldest living performer on
any current soap opera.

One of my earliest memories is of listening to his recording of The Ballad
of Davy Crockett on the radio when I was 4 years old. I also remember the
very first episode of Days of Lives I ever saw back in 1970 when Doug first
appeared on the show. Our fellow poster David used to mention how he and
Sonny came to Salem at the same time. Well in the same way, Doug and I
basically came to Salem around the same time.
I hope Bill had a very Happy Birthday. Rick, Thanks for sharing what you
wrote. I recall and treasure most of the same. :) (Chase)

From: Primula N
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 00:10 UTC
From: primro...@cox.invalid (Primula N)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 17:10:25 -0700
View all headers

On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 7:32:26 AM UTC-7, Rick wrote:
It completely slipped my mind that Bill Hayes turned 96 earlier this month.
I'm not sure when he last appeared on the show, but if he is still
considered a member of the cast, he may be the oldest living performer on
any current soap opera.

One of my earliest memories is of listening to his recording of The Ballad
of Davy Crockett on the radio when I was 4 years old.

I remember that song too, but I didn't know who sang it!

I hope Bill has a happy birthday...as I recall it wasn't that long ago
that we saw him, I remember remarking to my dh that he still has hair
(or a realistic hairpiece!).

From: hobbes
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 13:44 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 06:44:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: hobbes9...@gmail.com (hobbes)
On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 9:32:26 AM UTC-5, Rick wrote:
It completely slipped my mind that Bill Hayes turned 96 earlier this month.
I'm not sure when he last appeared on the show, but if he is still
considered a member of the cast, he may be the oldest living performer on
any current soap opera.

One of my earliest memories is of listening to his recording of The Ballad
of Davy Crockett on the radio when I was 4 years old. I also remember the
very first episode of Days of Lives I ever saw back in 1970 when Doug first
appeared on the show. Our fellow poster David used to mention how he and
Sonny came to Salem at the same time. Well in the same way, Doug and I
basically came to Salem around the same time.

He was last seen at the Christening of Eli and Lani’s twins back in March - I remember he didn’t mind Paulina asking his age at all and said, “95 years young and counting.”  But I believe he will appear again this Friday the 2nd for Eli and Lani’s anniversary party.  And next Monday the 5th too.