Have no friends not equal to yourself. -- Confucius

arts / rec.arts.drwho / One into Two will not go!!

SubjectAuthor
* One into Two will not go!!Daniel65
+* Re: One into Two will not go!!The True Doctor
|+- Re: One into Two will not go!!The Doctor
|`* Re: One into Two will not go!!Daniel65
| +- Re: One into Two will not go!!The Doctor
| `* Re: One into Two will not go!!The True Doctor
|  +* Re: One into Two will not go!!Blueshirt
|  |`* Re: One into Two will not go!!The Doctor
|  | +- Re: One into Two will not go!!%
|  | `* Re: One into Two will not go!!The True Doctor
|  |  `- Re: One into Two will not go!!The Doctor
|  `* Re: One into Two will not go!!The Doctor
|   `- Re: One into Two will not go!!%
+* Re: One into Two will not go!!Blueshirt
|+- Re: One into Two will not go!!The Doctor
|`* Re: One into Two will not go!!Mickmane
| `- Re: One into Two will not go!!The Doctor
`* Re: One into Two will not go!!The Doctor
 `* Re: One into Two will not go!!Blueshirt
  `- Re: One into Two will not go!!The Doctor

1
One into Two will not go!!

<uqvj3v$1sggs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32823&group=rec.arts.drwho#32823

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: One into Two will not go!!
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 23:55:25 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 12:55 UTC

If I am remembering/reading correctly, JodieDoc regenerated into
DoctorDavid (2nd time) at the end of her stint and then, as part of the
Christmas mini-season, DoctorDavid regenerated into DoctorDavid and
DoctorNcuti at which some here-abouts were a bit incredulous.

But it might be a natural part of Gualifreyan life.

I have theorised that this might have been a natural part of 'The
Timeless Child' story ..... Things started with 'The Timeless Child' and
'The Timeless Child' regenerated into 'The Timeless Child' and another
Time Lord ...... and 'The Timeless Child' regenerated into 'The Timeless
Child' and another Time Lord ...... and 'The Timeless Child' regenerated
into 'The Timeless Child' and another Time Lord ...... etc, over and
over again.

However, these new Timelords, usually, have a restricted Regeneration
Cycle, i.e. 12 regenerations. The Timeless Child, however, has an
undefined/indefinite Regeneration Cycle.

Now, have we, EVER, actually seen a TimeLord/Lady *DIE* ?? Given an
extra regeneration cycle, SURE, but actually DIE?? My failing memory
says *NO* !!

So how's this for a theory?? When a TimeLord/Lady has exhausted their
allocation of regenerations, they get re-absorbed back into The Timeless
Child a.k.a. The Doctor (remember that character that got re-absorbed
into the re-generating DoctorTom/DoctorPeter ... The Watcher??).

So Two became One.

And now, apparently, some of you have seen The Timeless Child a.k.a.
DoctorDavid regenerate into The Timeless Child a.k.a. DoctorDavid and
DoctorNcuti. One into Two !!

One gets 'reabsorbed', one gets split!! So, as far as we know, the
number of TimeLords/Ladys has returned to normal.

Q.E.D.!!

Discuss.
--
Daniel

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<uqvm5k$1t00n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32825&group=rec.arts.drwho#32825

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: One into Two will not go!!
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 13:47:31 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 13:47 UTC

On 19/02/2024 12:55, Daniel65 wrote:
> If I am remembering/reading correctly, JodieDoc regenerated into
> DoctorDavid (2nd time) at the end of her stint and then, as part of the
> Christmas mini-season, DoctorDavid regenerated into DoctorDavid and
> DoctorNcuti at which some here-abouts were a bit incredulous.
>
> But it might be a natural part of Gualifreyan life.
>
> I have theorised that this might have been a natural part of 'The
> Timeless Child' story ..... Things started with 'The Timeless Child' and
> 'The Timeless Child' regenerated into 'The Timeless Child' and another
> Time Lord ...... and 'The Timeless Child' regenerated into 'The Timeless
> Child' and another Time Lord ...... and 'The Timeless Child' regenerated
> into 'The Timeless Child' and another Time Lord ...... etc, over and
> over again.
>
> However, these new Timelords, usually, have a restricted Regeneration
> Cycle, i.e. 12 regenerations. The Timeless Child, however, has an
> undefined/indefinite Regeneration Cycle.
>
> Now, have we, EVER, actually seen a TimeLord/Lady *DIE* ?? Given an
> extra regeneration cycle, SURE, but actually DIE?? My failing memory
> says *NO* !!
>
> So how's this for a theory?? When a TimeLord/Lady has exhausted their
> allocation of regenerations, they get re-absorbed back into The Timeless
> Child a.k.a. The Doctor (remember that character that got re-absorbed
> into the re-generating DoctorTom/DoctorPeter ... The Watcher??).
>
> So Two became One.
>
> And now, apparently, some of you have seen The Timeless Child a.k.a.
> DoctorDavid regenerate into The Timeless Child a.k.a. DoctorDavid and
> DoctorNcuti. One into Two !!
>
> One gets 'reabsorbed', one gets split!! So, as far as we know, the
> number of TimeLords/Ladys has returned to normal.
>
> Q.E.D.!!
>
> Discuss.

Doctor Who ended in 2017, therefore there is no Timeless Child.

Matt Smith came to the end of the Doctor's regeneration cycle in The
Time of the Doctor and Clara had to beg the Time Lords to give him a new
one. The Timeless Child monster totally destroys the 11th Doctor's story
arc.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<xn0oi9h401w9h0j000@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32826&group=rec.arts.drwho#32826

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 14:07:40 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 14:07 UTC

Daniel65 wrote:

> If I am remembering/reading correctly, JodieDoc regenerated into
> DoctorDavid (2nd time) at the end of her stint and then, as part
> of the Christmas mini-season, DoctorDavid regenerated into
> DoctorDavid and DoctorNcuti at which some here-abouts were a bit
> incredulous.
>
>[SNIP]
>
> So how's this for a theory?? When a TimeLord/Lady has exhausted
> their allocation of regenerations, they get re-absorbed back into
> The Timeless Child a.k.a. The Doctor (remember that character that
> got re-absorbed into the re-generating DoctorTom/DoctorPeter ...
> The Watcher??).
>
> So Two became One.
>
> And now, apparently, some of you have seen The Timeless Child
> a.k.a. DoctorDavid regenerate into The Timeless Child a.k.a.
> DoctorDavid and DoctorNcuti. One into Two !!
>
> One gets 'reabsorbed', one gets split!! So, as far as we know, the
> number of TimeLords/Ladys has returned to normal.
>
> Q.E.D.!!
>
> Discuss.

Well, when Bobby Ewing stepped out of the shower Pam realised it had
just been a bad dream...for some Doctor Who fans it's been a very
bad dream and they are still awaiting the shower scene.

That observation is the best I can do to such a mind-dizzying theory!

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<uqvv27$1rid$26@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32861&group=rec.arts.drwho#32861

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 16:19:19 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 16:19 UTC

In article <uqvj3v$1sggs$1@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>If I am remembering/reading correctly, JodieDoc regenerated into
>DoctorDavid (2nd time) at the end of her stint and then, as part of the
>Christmas mini-season, DoctorDavid regenerated into DoctorDavid and
>DoctorNcuti at which some here-abouts were a bit incredulous.
>
>But it might be a natural part of Gualifreyan life.
>
>I have theorised that this might have been a natural part of 'The
>Timeless Child' story ..... Things started with 'The Timeless Child' and
>'The Timeless Child' regenerated into 'The Timeless Child' and another
>Time Lord ...... and 'The Timeless Child' regenerated into 'The Timeless
>Child' and another Time Lord ...... and 'The Timeless Child' regenerated
>into 'The Timeless Child' and another Time Lord ...... etc, over and
>over again.
>
>However, these new Timelords, usually, have a restricted Regeneration
>Cycle, i.e. 12 regenerations. The Timeless Child, however, has an
>undefined/indefinite Regeneration Cycle.
>
>Now, have we, EVER, actually seen a TimeLord/Lady *DIE* ?? Given an
>extra regeneration cycle, SURE, but actually DIE?? My failing memory
>says *NO* !!
>
>So how's this for a theory?? When a TimeLord/Lady has exhausted their
>allocation of regenerations, they get re-absorbed back into The Timeless
>Child a.k.a. The Doctor (remember that character that got re-absorbed
>into the re-generating DoctorTom/DoctorPeter ... The Watcher??).
>
>So Two became One.
>
>And now, apparently, some of you have seen The Timeless Child a.k.a.
>DoctorDavid regenerate into The Timeless Child a.k.a. DoctorDavid and
>DoctorNcuti. One into Two !!
>
>One gets 'reabsorbed', one gets split!! So, as far as we know, the
>number of TimeLords/Ladys has returned to normal.
>
>Q.E.D.!!
>
>Discuss.
>--
>Daniel

Nah! The Timeless Child never happened in Dcotor Who!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<uqvv42$1rid$27@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32862&group=rec.arts.drwho#32862

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 16:20:18 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 16:20 UTC

In article <uqvm5k$1t00n$1@dont-email.me>,
The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 19/02/2024 12:55, Daniel65 wrote:
>> If I am remembering/reading correctly, JodieDoc regenerated into
>> DoctorDavid (2nd time) at the end of her stint and then, as part of the
>> Christmas mini-season, DoctorDavid regenerated into DoctorDavid and
>> DoctorNcuti at which some here-abouts were a bit incredulous.
>>
>> But it might be a natural part of Gualifreyan life.
>>
>> I have theorised that this might have been a natural part of 'The
>> Timeless Child' story ..... Things started with 'The Timeless Child' and
>> 'The Timeless Child' regenerated into 'The Timeless Child' and another
>> Time Lord ...... and 'The Timeless Child' regenerated into 'The Timeless
>> Child' and another Time Lord ...... and 'The Timeless Child' regenerated
>> into 'The Timeless Child' and another Time Lord ...... etc, over and
>> over again.
>>
>> However, these new Timelords, usually, have a restricted Regeneration
>> Cycle, i.e. 12 regenerations. The Timeless Child, however, has an
>> undefined/indefinite Regeneration Cycle.
>>
>> Now, have we, EVER, actually seen a TimeLord/Lady *DIE* ?? Given an
>> extra regeneration cycle, SURE, but actually DIE?? My failing memory
>> says *NO* !!
>>
>> So how's this for a theory?? When a TimeLord/Lady has exhausted their
>> allocation of regenerations, they get re-absorbed back into The Timeless
>> Child a.k.a. The Doctor (remember that character that got re-absorbed
>> into the re-generating DoctorTom/DoctorPeter ... The Watcher??).
>>
>> So Two became One.
>>
>> And now, apparently, some of you have seen The Timeless Child a.k.a.
>> DoctorDavid regenerate into The Timeless Child a.k.a. DoctorDavid and
>> DoctorNcuti. One into Two !!
>>
>> One gets 'reabsorbed', one gets split!! So, as far as we know, the
>> number of TimeLords/Ladys has returned to normal.
>>
>> Q.E.D.!!
>>
>> Discuss.
>
>Doctor Who ended in 2017, therefore there is no Timeless Child.
>
>Matt Smith came to the end of the Doctor's regeneration cycle in The
>Time of the Doctor and Clara had to beg the Time Lords to give him a new
>one. The Timeless Child monster totally destroys the 11th Doctor's story
>arc.

And from ChatGPT

ntroduction:

Since its inception in 1963, Doctor Who has been a beloved science fiction series cherished by fans worldwide. Throughout its many iterations, the show has captivated audiences with its imaginative storytelling, compelling characters, and, perhaps most importantly, its rich lore. However, in recent years, controversy has surrounded the revelation of the Timeless Child, introduced during Chris Chibnall's tenure as showrunner, and portrayed by Jodie Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor. This article argues for the retconning of the Timeless Child narrative, citing its departure from established canon and its detrimental impact on the essence of Doctor Who.

Unraveling the Lore:

Doctor Who is renowned for its intricate and well-established lore, meticulously crafted over decades. The revelation of the Timeless Child in the twelfth season marked a significant departure from this established canon. The introduction of an unknown incarnation of the Doctor prior to the First Doctor contradicts decades of storytelling and undermines the mystery surrounding the character. The Doctor's origin story, once shrouded in mystery and intrigue, is now reduced to a mere footnote in a convoluted narrative.

Furthermore, the Timeless Child's revelation diminishes the significance of the Doctor's choices and experiences throughout their many lives. By implying that the Doctor's abilities are innate rather than earned through centuries of learning and growth, the Timeless Child narrative diminishes the agency and heroism of the character. The Doctor's journey, once defined by their quest for redemption and their commitment to justice, is overshadowed by a predetermined destiny imposed upon them by outside forces.

Alienating the Fanbase:

Doctor Who boasts a dedicated fanbase that spans generations, united by their love for the series and its enduring legacy. However, the Timeless Child storyline has proven divisive among fans, with many expressing their dissatisfaction with the direction of the show under Chibnall's stewardship. The decision to radically alter the Doctor's backstory without proper justification or regard for established canon has alienated long-time fans and eroded their trust in the creative team.

Moreover, the casting of Jodie Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor was initially met with excitement and anticipation, as she became the first woman to portray the iconic character. However, Whittaker's tenure has been marred by inconsistent writing and lackluster storytelling, exacerbated by the controversial Timeless Child arc. While Whittaker's performance has been widely praised, her tenure as the Doctor has been overshadowed by creative decisions that detract from the core principles of the series.

Preserving the Essence of Doctor Who:

At its core, Doctor Who is a show about hope, resilience, and the triumph of good over evil. Throughout its long history, the series has tackled complex themes and moral dilemmas, all while celebrating the boundless potential of the human spirit. Retconning the Timeless Child narrative is not about erasing the past but rather reclaiming the essence of Doctor Who and restoring the sense of wonder and mystery that defines the series.

By retconning the Timeless Child, Doctor Who can once again embrace its rich history while charting new and exciting adventures for the Doctor and their companions. The show can return to its roots as a beacon of optimism and imagination, inspiring viewers of all ages to believe in the power of kindness, empathy, and the endless possibilities of the universe.

Conclusion:

The Timeless Child storyline represents a departure from the core principles and established canon of Doctor Who, alienating fans and undermining the legacy of the series. By retconning this controversial narrative, the show can reclaim its identity and reaffirm its status as a beloved cultural institution. Doctor Who is more than just a television show; it's a timeless journey through time and space, and it's time to ensure that journey remains true to its roots.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<uqvv4m$1rid$28@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32863&group=rec.arts.drwho#32863

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 16:20:38 -0000 (UTC)

In article <xn0oi9h401w9h0j000@news.eternal-september.org>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>Daniel65 wrote:
>
>> If I am remembering/reading correctly, JodieDoc regenerated into
>> DoctorDavid (2nd time) at the end of her stint and then, as part
>> of the Christmas mini-season, DoctorDavid regenerated into
>> DoctorDavid and DoctorNcuti at which some here-abouts were a bit
>> incredulous.
>>
>>[SNIP]
>>
>> So how's this for a theory?? When a TimeLord/Lady has exhausted
>> their allocation of regenerations, they get re-absorbed back into
>> The Timeless Child a.k.a. The Doctor (remember that character that
>> got re-absorbed into the re-generating DoctorTom/DoctorPeter ...
>> The Watcher??).
>>
>> So Two became One.
>>
>> And now, apparently, some of you have seen The Timeless Child
>> a.k.a. DoctorDavid regenerate into The Timeless Child a.k.a.
>> DoctorDavid and DoctorNcuti. One into Two !!
>>
>> One gets 'reabsorbed', one gets split!! So, as far as we know, the
>> number of TimeLords/Ladys has returned to normal.
>>
>> Q.E.D.!!
>>
>> Discuss.
>
>Well, when Bobby Ewing stepped out of the shower Pam realised it had
>just been a bad dream...for some Doctor Who fans it's been a very
>bad dream and they are still awaiting the shower scene.
>
>That observation is the best I can do to such a mind-dizzying theory!

That works even better!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<xn0oi9mqi23z3yo003@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32870&group=rec.arts.drwho#32870

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 17:43:03 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 17:43 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <uqvj3v$1sggs$1@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> >
> > And now, apparently, some of you have seen The Timeless Child
> > a.k.a. DoctorDavid regenerate into The Timeless Child a.k.a.
> > DoctorDavid and DoctorNcuti. One into Two !!
> >
> > One gets 'reabsorbed', one gets split!! So, as far as we know,
> > the number of TimeLords/Ladys has returned to normal.
> >
> > Q.E.D.!!
> >
> > Discuss.
>
> Nah! The Timeless Child never happened in Dcotor Who!

Apart from the episodes where it did...

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<ur0i61$1b78$4@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32883&group=rec.arts.drwho#32883

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 21:45:37 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 21:45 UTC

In article <xn0oi9mqi23z3yo003@news.eternal-september.org>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <uqvj3v$1sggs$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > And now, apparently, some of you have seen The Timeless Child
>> > a.k.a. DoctorDavid regenerate into The Timeless Child a.k.a.
>> > DoctorDavid and DoctorNcuti. One into Two !!
>> >
>> > One gets 'reabsorbed', one gets split!! So, as far as we know,
>> > the number of TimeLords/Ladys has returned to normal.
>> >
>> > Q.E.D.!!
>> >
>> > Discuss.
>>
>> Nah! The Timeless Child never happened in Dcotor Who!
>
>Apart from the episodes where it did...

Nah! The Timeless Child never happened in Doctor Who!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<GZ9NuRR5czB@ATH>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32895&group=rec.arts.drwho#32895

From: ATH...@kruemel.org (Mickmane)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 22:56:00 +0100
 by: Mickmane - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 21:56 UTC

On 19.02.24, Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:

> Well, when Bobby Ewing stepped out of the shower Pam realised it had
> just been a bad dream...for some Doctor Who fans it's been a very
> bad dream and they are still awaiting the shower scene.

Yes, I am! All they need to do is admit it's been the Master (or some
other lunatic) setting it all up to _appear_ that way, but it was never
true. :)

> That observation is the best I can do to such a mind-dizzying theory!

Well, people here now know what I think of the whole thing... Sorry
Daniel65 for snipping the entire thing. :)

--

Mickmane

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<ur0slj$1s8o$5@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32899&group=rec.arts.drwho#32899

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 00:44:35 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 00:44 UTC

In article <GZ9NuRR5czB@ATH>, Mickmane <ATH@kruemel.org> wrote:
>On 19.02.24, Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>
>> Well, when Bobby Ewing stepped out of the shower Pam realised it had
>> just been a bad dream...for some Doctor Who fans it's been a very
>> bad dream and they are still awaiting the shower scene.
>
>Yes, I am! All they need to do is admit it's been the Master (or some
>other lunatic) setting it all up to _appear_ that way, but it was never
>true. :)

Works for me!

>> That observation is the best I can do to such a mind-dizzying theory!
>
>Well, people here now know what I think of the whole thing... Sorry
>Daniel65 for snipping the entire thing. :)

:-P

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
In summary, we are too much in love with power and not enough in love with truth. -unknown

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<ur1t25$2ekg4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32911&group=rec.arts.drwho#32911

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 20:57:24 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 09:57 UTC

The True Doctor wrote on 20/2/24 12:47 am:
> On 19/02/2024 12:55, Daniel65 wrote:
>> If I am remembering/reading correctly, JodieDoc regenerated into
>> DoctorDavid (2nd time) at the end of her stint and then, as part of
>> the Christmas mini-season, DoctorDavid regenerated into
>> DoctorDavid and DoctorNcuti at which some here-abouts were a bit
>> incredulous.
>>
>> But it might be a natural part of Gualifreyan life.
>>
>> I have theorised that this might have been a natural part of 'The
>> Timeless Child' story ..... Things started with 'The Timeless
>> Child' and 'The Timeless Child' regenerated into 'The Timeless
>> Child' and another Time Lord ...... and 'The Timeless Child'
>> regenerated into 'The Timeless Child' and another Time Lord ......
>> and 'The Timeless Child' regenerated into 'The Timeless Child' and
>> another Time Lord ...... etc, over and over again.
>>
>> However, these new Timelords, usually, have a restricted
>> Regeneration Cycle, i.e. 12 regenerations. The Timeless Child,
>> however, has an undefined/indefinite Regeneration Cycle.
>>
>> Now, have we, EVER, actually seen a TimeLord/Lady *DIE* ?? Given an
>> extra regeneration cycle, SURE, but actually DIE?? My failing
>> memory says *NO* !!
>>
>> So how's this for a theory?? When a TimeLord/Lady has exhausted
>> their allocation of regenerations, they get re-absorbed back into
>> The Timeless Child a.k.a. The Doctor (remember that character that
>> got re-absorbed into the re-generating DoctorTom/DoctorPeter ...
>> The Watcher??).
>>
>> So Two became One.
>>
>> And now, apparently, some of you have seen The Timeless Child
>> a.k.a. DoctorDavid regenerate into The Timeless Child a.k.a.
>> DoctorDavid and DoctorNcuti. One into Two !!
>>
>> One gets 'reabsorbed', one gets split!! So, as far as we know, the
>> number of TimeLords/Ladys has returned to normal.
>>
>> Q.E.D.!!
>>
>> Discuss.
>
> Doctor Who ended in 2017, therefore there is no Timeless Child.

Yeah, sure .... in WHAT Universe??

> Matt Smith came to the end of the Doctor's regeneration cycle in The
> Time of the Doctor and Clara had to beg the Time Lords to give him a
> new one. The Timeless Child monster totally destroys the 11th
> Doctor's story arc.

Matt Smith is only the eleventh incarnation (Original plus TEN
regenerations) so he hadn't run out of his 12 Regenerations limit. So
Clara got The Doctor extra regenerations .... before they were actually
needed.

Bugger!! In actually doing some research, I may have buggered myself up
cause, in
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a533505/doctor-who-steven-moffat-on-regeneration-limit/
, Stephen Moffat says ...

"If you worry about such things, and I do, then I specifically said John
Hurt's Doctor doesn't use the title. [Matt Smith's Doctor] is in his
12th body but he's the 11th Doctor, however there is no such character
as the 11th Doctor - he's just The Doctor, that's what he calls himself."
End Quote.

'12th body but he's the 11th Doctor'?? That can't be right, can it??
--
Daniel

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<ur2e72$alm$10@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32930&group=rec.arts.drwho#32930

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 14:50:10 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 14:50 UTC

In article <ur1t25$2ekg4$1@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>The True Doctor wrote on 20/2/24 12:47 am:
>> On 19/02/2024 12:55, Daniel65 wrote:
>>> If I am remembering/reading correctly, JodieDoc regenerated into
>>> DoctorDavid (2nd time) at the end of her stint and then, as part of
>>> the Christmas mini-season, DoctorDavid regenerated into
>>> DoctorDavid and DoctorNcuti at which some here-abouts were a bit
>>> incredulous.
>>>
>>> But it might be a natural part of Gualifreyan life.
>>>
>>> I have theorised that this might have been a natural part of 'The
>>> Timeless Child' story ..... Things started with 'The Timeless
>>> Child' and 'The Timeless Child' regenerated into 'The Timeless
>>> Child' and another Time Lord ...... and 'The Timeless Child'
>>> regenerated into 'The Timeless Child' and another Time Lord ......
>>> and 'The Timeless Child' regenerated into 'The Timeless Child' and
>>> another Time Lord ...... etc, over and over again.
>>>
>>> However, these new Timelords, usually, have a restricted
>>> Regeneration Cycle, i.e. 12 regenerations. The Timeless Child,
>>> however, has an undefined/indefinite Regeneration Cycle.
>>>
>>> Now, have we, EVER, actually seen a TimeLord/Lady *DIE* ?? Given an
>>> extra regeneration cycle, SURE, but actually DIE?? My failing
>>> memory says *NO* !!
>>>
>>> So how's this for a theory?? When a TimeLord/Lady has exhausted
>>> their allocation of regenerations, they get re-absorbed back into
>>> The Timeless Child a.k.a. The Doctor (remember that character that
>>> got re-absorbed into the re-generating DoctorTom/DoctorPeter ...
>>> The Watcher??).
>>>
>>> So Two became One.
>>>
>>> And now, apparently, some of you have seen The Timeless Child
>>> a.k.a. DoctorDavid regenerate into The Timeless Child a.k.a.
>>> DoctorDavid and DoctorNcuti. One into Two !!
>>>
>>> One gets 'reabsorbed', one gets split!! So, as far as we know, the
>>> number of TimeLords/Ladys has returned to normal.
>>>
>>> Q.E.D.!!
>>>
>>> Discuss.
>>
>> Doctor Who ended in 2017, therefore there is no Timeless Child.
>
>Yeah, sure .... in WHAT Universe??

It this Universe.

>> Matt Smith came to the end of the Doctor's regeneration cycle in The
>> Time of the Doctor and Clara had to beg the Time Lords to give him a
>> new one. The Timeless Child monster totally destroys the 11th
>> Doctor's story arc.
>
>Matt Smith is only the eleventh incarnation (Original plus TEN
>regenerations) so he hadn't run out of his 12 Regenerations limit. So
>Clara got The Doctor extra regenerations .... before they were actually
>needed.
>
>Bugger!! In actually doing some research, I may have buggered myself up
>cause, in
>https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a533505/doctor-who-steven-moffat-on-regeneration-limit/
>, Stephen Moffat says ...

>"If you worry about such things, and I do, then I specifically said John
>Hurt's Doctor doesn't use the title. [Matt Smith's Doctor] is in his
>12th body but he's the 11th Doctor, however there is no such character
>as the 11th Doctor - he's just The Doctor, that's what he calls himself."
>End Quote.
>
>'12th body but he's the 11th Doctor'?? That can't be right, can it??

Logical!!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
In summary, we are too much in love with power and not enough in love with truth. -unknown

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<ur2u38$2lb1q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32945&group=rec.arts.drwho#32945

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 19:21:12 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 19:21 UTC

On 20/02/2024 09:57, Daniel65 wrote:
> [...]
>
> Matt Smith is only the eleventh incarnation (Original plus TEN
> regenerations) so he hadn't run out of his 12 Regenerations limit. So
> Clara got The Doctor extra regenerations .... before they were actually
> needed.
>
> Bugger!! In actually doing some research, I may have buggered myself up
> cause, in
> https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a533505/doctor-who-steven-moffat-on-regeneration-limit/ , Stephen Moffat says ...

> "If you worry about such things, and I do, then I specifically said John
> Hurt's Doctor doesn't use the title. [Matt Smith's Doctor] is in his
> 12th body but he's the 11th Doctor, however there is no such character
> as the 11th Doctor - he's just The Doctor, that's what he calls himself."
> End Quote.
>
> '12th body but he's the 11th Doctor'?? That can't be right, can it??

Tennant regenerated back into his own body after he was shot by the
Daleks in The Stolen Earth. Thus Matt Smith was the 13th
incarnation/12th regeneration of the Doctor 'and that is the end for a
Time Lord' to quote the Doctor himself.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<xn0oib4sl3o6d9h000@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32946&group=rec.arts.drwho#32946

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 19:56:10 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 19:56 UTC

The True Doctor wrote:

> On 20/02/2024 09:57, Daniel65 wrote:
> >
> > Matt Smith is only the eleventh incarnation (Original plus TEN
> > regenerations) so he hadn't run out of his 12 Regenerations
> > limit. So Clara got The Doctor extra regenerations .... before
> > they were actually needed.
> >
> > Bugger!! In actually doing some research, I may have buggered
> > myself up cause, in
> > https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a533505/doctor-who-steven-moffat-on
> > -regeneration-limit/ , Stephen Moffat says ...

> > "If you worry about such things, and I do, then I specifically
> > said John Hurt's Doctor doesn't use the title. [Matt Smith's
> > Doctor] is in his 12th body but he's the 11th Doctor, however
> > there is no such character as the 11th Doctor - he's just The
> > Doctor, that's what he calls himself." End Quote.
> >
> > '12th body but he's the 11th Doctor'?? That can't be right, can
> > it??
>
> Tennant regenerated back into his own body after he was shot by
> the Daleks in The Stolen Earth. Thus Matt Smith was the 13th
> incarnation/12th regeneration of the Doctor 'and that is the end
> for a Time Lord' to quote the Doctor himself.

The show has evolved since then and things have changed.

Without a Doctor Who 'Bible' to lay forth a distinct canon, Doctor
Who is whatever the current showrunner deems it to be. Right or
wrong Steven Moffat had one view, Chris Chibnall another and now RTD
is going forward doing it his way.

In other words, that was then this is now!

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<ur37tv$1ccf$12@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32962&group=rec.arts.drwho#32962

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 22:09:03 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 22:09 UTC

In article <ur2u38$2lb1q$1@dont-email.me>,
The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 20/02/2024 09:57, Daniel65 wrote:
>> The True Doctor wrote on 20/2/24 12:47 am:

>>> Doctor Who ended in 2017, therefore there is no Timeless Child.
>>
>> Yeah, sure .... in WHAT Universe??
>>
>>> Matt Smith came to the end of the Doctor's regeneration cycle in The
>>> Time of the Doctor and Clara had to beg the Time Lords to give him a
>>> new one. The Timeless Child monster totally destroys the 11th
>>> Doctor's story arc.
>>
>> Matt Smith is only the eleventh incarnation (Original plus TEN
>> regenerations) so he hadn't run out of his 12 Regenerations limit. So
>> Clara got The Doctor extra regenerations .... before they were actually
>> needed.
>>
>> Bugger!! In actually doing some research, I may have buggered myself up
>> cause, in
>>
>https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a533505/doctor-who-steven-moffat-on-regeneration-limit/ , Stephen Moffat says ...

>> "If you worry about such things, and I do, then I specifically said John
>> Hurt's Doctor doesn't use the title. [Matt Smith's Doctor] is in his
>> 12th body but he's the 11th Doctor, however there is no such character
>> as the 11th Doctor - he's just The Doctor, that's what he calls himself."
>> End Quote.
>>
>> '12th body but he's the 11th Doctor'?? That can't be right, can it??
>
>Tennant regenerated back into his own body after he was shot by the
>Daleks in The Stolen Earth. Thus Matt Smith was the 13th
>incarnation/12th regeneration of the Doctor 'and that is the end for a
>Time Lord' to quote the Doctor himself.

Until who knows what happened.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<ur37uu$1ccf$13@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32963&group=rec.arts.drwho#32963

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 22:09:34 -0000 (UTC)

In article <xn0oib4sl3o6d9h000@news.eternal-september.org>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The True Doctor wrote:
>
>> On 20/02/2024 09:57, Daniel65 wrote:
>> >
>> > Matt Smith is only the eleventh incarnation (Original plus TEN
>> > regenerations) so he hadn't run out of his 12 Regenerations
>> > limit. So Clara got The Doctor extra regenerations .... before
>> > they were actually needed.
>> >
>> > Bugger!! In actually doing some research, I may have buggered
>> > myself up cause, in
>> > https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a533505/doctor-who-steven-moffat-on
>> > -regeneration-limit/ , Stephen Moffat says ...

>> > "If you worry about such things, and I do, then I specifically
>> > said John Hurt's Doctor doesn't use the title. [Matt Smith's
>> > Doctor] is in his 12th body but he's the 11th Doctor, however
>> > there is no such character as the 11th Doctor - he's just The
>> > Doctor, that's what he calls himself." End Quote.
>> >
>> > '12th body but he's the 11th Doctor'?? That can't be right, can
>> > it??
>>
>> Tennant regenerated back into his own body after he was shot by
>> the Daleks in The Stolen Earth. Thus Matt Smith was the 13th
>> incarnation/12th regeneration of the Doctor 'and that is the end
>> for a Time Lord' to quote the Doctor himself.
>
>The show has evolved since then and things have changed.
>
>Without a Doctor Who 'Bible' to lay forth a distinct canon, Doctor
>Who is whatever the current showrunner deems it to be. Right or
>wrong Steven Moffat had one view, Chris Chibnall another and now RTD
>is going forward doing it his way.
>
>In other words, that was then this is now!

chibnall devolved everything!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<kjqdneyC6Iy9uEj4nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32978&group=rec.arts.drwho#32978

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
From: pursent...@gmail.com (%)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 15:18:08 -0700
 by: % - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 22:18 UTC

The Doctor wrote:
> In article <ur2u38$2lb1q$1@dont-email.me>,
> The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:

>>> Yeah, sure .... in WHAT Universe??

>>> Matt Smith is only the eleventh incarnation (Original plus TEN
>>> regenerations) so he hadn't run out of his 12 Regenerations limit. So
>>> Clara got The Doctor extra regenerations .... before they were actually
>>> needed.
>>>
>>> Bugger!! In actually doing some research, I may have buggered myself up
>>> cause, in
>>>
>> https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a533505/doctor-who-steven-moffat-on-regeneration-limit/ , Stephen Moffat says ...

>>> "If you worry about such things, and I do, then I specifically said John
>>> Hurt's Doctor doesn't use the title. [Matt Smith's Doctor] is in his
>>> 12th body but he's the 11th Doctor, however there is no such character
>>> as the 11th Doctor - he's just The Doctor, that's what he calls himself."
>>> End Quote.
>>>
>>> '12th body but he's the 11th Doctor'?? That can't be right, can it??
>>
>> Tennant regenerated back into his own body after he was shot by the
>> Daleks in The Stolen Earth. Thus Matt Smith was the 13th
>> incarnation/12th regeneration of the Doctor 'and that is the end for a
>> Time Lord' to quote the Doctor himself.
>>

> Until who knows what happened.
>
>> --
>> The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw
>>
>> "To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
>> stands for." -William Shatner

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<kjqdne-C6Iy4uEj4nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32979&group=rec.arts.drwho#32979

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
From: pursent...@gmail.com (%)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 15:18:13 -0700
 by: % - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 22:18 UTC

The Doctor wrote:
> In article <xn0oib4sl3o6d9h000@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> The True Doctor wrote:

>>> Tennant regenerated back into his own body after he was shot by
>>> the Daleks in The Stolen Earth. Thus Matt Smith was the 13th
>>> incarnation/12th regeneration of the Doctor 'and that is the end
>>> for a Time Lord' to quote the Doctor himself.
>>
>> The show has evolved since then and things have changed.
>>
>> Without a Doctor Who 'Bible' to lay forth a distinct canon, Doctor
>> Who is whatever the current showrunner deems it to be. Right or
>> wrong Steven Moffat had one view, Chris Chibnall another and now RTD
>> is going forward doing it his way.
>>
>> In other words, that was then this is now!
>
> chibnall devolved everything!

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<ur6b94$3g6sc$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33041&group=rec.arts.drwho#33041

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:24:36 +0000
 by: The True Doctor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:24 UTC

On 20/02/2024 22:09, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <xn0oib4sl3o6d9h000@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> The True Doctor wrote:

>>> Tennant regenerated back into his own body after he was shot by
>>> the Daleks in The Stolen Earth. Thus Matt Smith was the 13th
>>> incarnation/12th regeneration of the Doctor 'and that is the end
>>> for a Time Lord' to quote the Doctor himself.
>>
>> The show has evolved since then and things have changed.
>>
>> Without a Doctor Who 'Bible' to lay forth a distinct canon, Doctor
>> Who is whatever the current showrunner deems it to be. Right or
>> wrong Steven Moffat had one view, Chris Chibnall another and now RTD
>> is going forward doing it his way.
>>
>> In other words, that was then this is now!
>
> chibnall devolved everything!

You mean destroyed.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: One into Two will not go!!

<ur6cu1$315m$11@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33054&group=rec.arts.drwho#33054

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:52:49 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:52 UTC

In article <ur6b94$3g6sc$4@dont-email.me>,
The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 20/02/2024 22:09, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <xn0oib4sl3o6d9h000@news.eternal-september.org>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:

>>> The show has evolved since then and things have changed.
>>>
>>> Without a Doctor Who 'Bible' to lay forth a distinct canon, Doctor
>>> Who is whatever the current showrunner deems it to be. Right or
>>> wrong Steven Moffat had one view, Chris Chibnall another and now RTD
>>> is going forward doing it his way.
>>>
>>> In other words, that was then this is now!
>>
>> chibnall devolved everything!
>
>You mean destroyed.

That too!