"Success covers a multitude of blunders." -- George Bernard Shaw

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT

SubjectAuthor
* Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPTThe Doctor
`* Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPTBlueshirt
 +* Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPTThe Doctor
 |`* Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPTBlueshirt
 | `* Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPTThe Doctor
 |  +* Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPTBlueshirt
 |  |`* Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPTThe Doctor
 |  | `* Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPTBlueshirt
 |  |  `* Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPTThe Doctor
 |  |   `* Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPTBlueshirt
 |  |    `- Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPTThe Doctor
 |  `* Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPTDaniel65
 |   `- Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPTThe Doctor
 `* Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPTTruthslave
  +- Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPTThe Doctor
  `* Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPTBlueshirt
   `- Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPTThe Doctor

1
Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT

<urpu0u$27p3$4@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33765&group=rec.arts.drwho#33765

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.sf.fandom,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf
Subject: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 12:41:02 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 12:41 UTC

The Fifth Doctor, portrayed by Peter Davison, is well-liked by many Doctor Who
fans for several reasons, which contribute to his enduring popularity and
positive reception:

Gentle and Compassionate Nature: The Fifth Doctor is characterised by his
gentle demeanour, compassionate nature, and strong sense of morality. Unlike
some of his predecessors, who could be more alien or eccentric in their
behaviour, the Fifth Doctor is portrayed as empathetic and caring towards
others, often seeking to resolve conflicts through peaceful means and empathy.
His kind-heartedness and genuine concern for others make him a relatable
and endearing character.

Humanising Vulnerabilities: Despite his outwardly calm and composed demeanour,
the Fifth Doctor is depicted as vulnerable and fallible, facing doubt,
uncertainty, and inner turmoil. His struggles with self-doubt and guilt over
past actions humanise him and add depth to his character, making him more
relatable and sympathetic to viewers. The Fifth Doctor's vulnerability allows
for emotional storytelling and character development,
resonating with audiences on a deeper level.

Dynamic Relationships with Companions: The Fifth Doctor forms dynamic and
memorable relationships with his companions, including Nyssa, Tegan Jovanka,
Adric, and later Peri Brown. Each companion brings out different aspects of
his personality and serves as a foil for his character, resulting in
compelling interactions and character dynamics. The Fifth Doctor's camaraderie
with his companions adds warmth and depth to the series, enriching
the storytelling and providing emotional resonance for viewers.

Iconic Stories and Villains: The Fifth Doctor's era features several iconic
stories and villains that are beloved by fans. Serials such as "Earthshock,"
"The Caves of Androzani," and "The Five Doctors" are widely regarded as some
of the best in Doctor Who history, featuring compelling narratives, memorable
villains, and standout performances from Davison and his co-stars. The Fifth
Doctor's encounters with classic adversaries such as the Cybermen, the Master,
and the Daleks add excitement and drama to the series, captivating audiences
with their epic showdowns and high-stakes conflicts.

Peter Davison's Performance: Peter Davison's portrayal of the Fifth Doctor is
widely praised for its warmth, sincerity, and emotional depth. Davison brings
a natural charm and charisma to the role, imbuing the character with a sense
of humanity and vulnerability that resonates with viewers. His nuanced
performance captures the essence of the Doctor's complex personality,
balancing intelligence, wit, and compassion with moments of vulnerability
and self-doubt. Davison's portrayal of the Fifth Doctor is considered
one of the highlights of his career and has endeared him to generations
of Doctor Who fans.

Overall, the Fifth Doctor is liked in Doctor Who for his gentle and
compassionate nature, humanizing vulnerabilities, dynamic relationships
with companions, iconic stories and villains, and Peter Davison's memorable
performance. Together, these elements contribute to the Fifth Doctor's
enduring popularity and positive reception among fans of the series.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT

<xn0oinnllgd738x000@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33792&group=rec.arts.drwho#33792

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 17:09:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 17:09 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> The Fifth Doctor, portrayed by Peter Davison, is well-liked by
> many Doctor Who fans for several reasons,

One of which is, the Fifth Doctor was the last enjoyable Doctor
before the show got cancelled in 1989!

Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT

<urqvkn$2okq$8@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33803&group=rec.arts.drwho#33803

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 22:14:47 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 22:14 UTC

In article <xn0oinnllgd738x000@news.eternal-september.org>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> The Fifth Doctor, portrayed by Peter Davison, is well-liked by
>> many Doctor Who fans for several reasons,
>
>One of which is, the Fifth Doctor was the last enjoyable Doctor
>before the show got cancelled in 1989!

IYIO!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT

<iD8EN.1014706$Ko1.172900@fx05.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33806&group=rec.arts.drwho#33806

From: TS...@home.com (Truthslave)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 23:42:04 +0000
 by: Truthslave - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 23:42 UTC

On 29/02/2024 17:09, Blueshirt wrote:
> The Doctor wrote:
>
>> The Fifth Doctor, portrayed by Peter Davison, is well-liked by
>> many Doctor Who fans for several reasons,
>
> One of which is, the Fifth Doctor was the last enjoyable Doctor
> before the show got cancelled in 1989!

I would agree too. That Colin Baker and Bonnie Langford combo
is where the formula started to loose its way, the subtext to
those Gallifreyan stories back then seemed to be reassessment
or judgement of DW, almost self-referencing. I guess that is
where the writers thoughts were.

I guessed i would like to see more said about time, and not just
in a clever timy-whimmy way, but in an epochal way, in a way
that short lived species, such as we are, can't appreciate
without this other perspective.

Put another way, i see time and intelligence as synonymous. The
way were are going, with AI and its ilk, we'll end up divorcing
that appreciation of time, cause and effect, order, succession,
from our collective intelligence.

Scifi at its best is a vehicle to look in an entertaining way
at the worst case.

Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT

<urrb4d$22cl$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33812&group=rec.arts.drwho#33812

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 01:30:53 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 01:30 UTC

In article <iD8EN.1014706$Ko1.172900@fx05.ams4>,
Truthslave <TS@home.com> wrote:
>On 29/02/2024 17:09, Blueshirt wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:
>>
>>> The Fifth Doctor, portrayed by Peter Davison, is well-liked by
>>> many Doctor Who fans for several reasons,
>>
>> One of which is, the Fifth Doctor was the last enjoyable Doctor
>> before the show got cancelled in 1989!
>>

>I would agree too. That Colin Baker and Bonnie Langford combo
>is where the formula started to loose its way, the subtext to
>those Gallifreyan stories back then seemed to be reassessment
>or judgement of DW, almost self-referencing. I guess that is
>where the writers thoughts were.
>
>I guessed i would like to see more said about time, and not just
>in a clever timy-whimmy way, but in an epochal way, in a way
>that short lived species, such as we are, can't appreciate
>without this other perspective.
>
>Put another way, i see time and intelligence as synonymous. The
>way were are going, with AI and its ilk, we'll end up divorcing
>that appreciation of time, cause and effect, order, succession,
>from our collective intelligence.
>
>Scifi at its best is a vehicle to look in an entertaining way
>at the worst case.

It was a promising partnership until the management/worker tensioned surfaced!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT

<xn0oit4wohlvujv000@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33825&group=rec.arts.drwho#33825

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 14:03:14 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 14:03 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0oinnllgd738x000@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:
> >
> >> The Fifth Doctor, portrayed by Peter Davison, is well-liked by
> >> many Doctor Who fans for several reasons,
> >
> > One of which is, the Fifth Doctor was the last enjoyable Doctor
> > before the show got cancelled in 1989!
>
> IYIO!

Not just my opinion Dave, the opinions of the British television
audiences played a part too... as they switched off Doctor Who in
droves during the 1980's!

Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT

<ursvpa$1jlg$9@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33836&group=rec.arts.drwho#33836

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 16:29:31 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 16:29 UTC

In article <xn0oit4wohlvujv000@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <xn0oinnllgd738x000@news.eternal-september.org>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:

>> > One of which is, the Fifth Doctor was the last enjoyable Doctor
>> > before the show got cancelled in 1989!
>>
>> IYIO!
>
>Not just my opinion Dave, the opinions of the British television
>audiences played a part too... as they switched off Doctor Who in
>droves during the 1980's!

I never did!

Most of 1980s DW, 8/10 !
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT

<xn0oite2lhyfgay001@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33844&group=rec.arts.drwho#33844

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 19:51:58 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 19:51 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0oit4wohlvujv000@reader.xsnews.nl>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:

> >> IYIO!
> >
> > Not just my opinion Dave, the opinions of the British television
> > audiences played a part too... as they switched off Doctor Who in
> > their droves during the 1980's!
>
> I never did!

Funnily enough, neither did I for the most part... I definitely
watched the first parts of most stories, but I know I didn't bother
with quite a few latter parts of stories. Doctor Who back then
wasn't worth staying in for and there were no VHS recorders.

> Most of 1980s DW, 8/10 !

Not a hope. Once Peter Davison left most Doctor Who episodes of the
80's would have been hard pushed to get past a 5/10.

Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT

<xn0oitexchzirhk004@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33849&group=rec.arts.drwho#33849

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 20:22:32 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 20:22 UTC

Truthslave wrote:

> On 29/02/2024 17:09, Blueshirt wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:
> >
> > > The Fifth Doctor, portrayed by Peter Davison, is well-liked by
> > > many Doctor Who fans for several reasons,
> >
> > One of which is, the Fifth Doctor was the last enjoyable Doctor
> > before the show got cancelled in 1989!
>
> I would agree too. That Colin Baker and Bonnie Langford combo
> is where the formula started to loose its way, the subtext to
> those Gallifreyan stories back then seemed to be reassessment
> or judgement of DW, almost self-referencing. I guess that is
> where the writers thoughts were.

At the time is was like Doctor Who was on trial... unfortunately JNT
and the writers were unable to come up with a convincing defence and
the guilty verdict was just around the corner with the hiatus of
1985.

Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT

<urtiq7$1h6m$5@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33858&group=rec.arts.drwho#33858

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 21:54:15 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 21:54 UTC

In article <xn0oite2lhyfgay001@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <xn0oit4wohlvujv000@reader.xsnews.nl>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:

>> > Not just my opinion Dave, the opinions of the British television
>> > audiences played a part too... as they switched off Doctor Who in
>> > their droves during the 1980's!
>>
>> I never did!
>
>Funnily enough, neither did I for the most part... I definitely
>watched the first parts of most stories, but I know I didn't bother
>with quite a few latter parts of stories. Doctor Who back then
>wasn't worth staying in for and there were no VHS recorders.
>
>> Most of 1980s DW, 8/10 !
>
>Not a hope. Once Peter Davison left most Doctor Who episodes of the
>80's would have been hard pushed to get past a 5/10.

Now we can debate!

The 2 stinkers in the 1980s were Timelash and Twin Dilemma.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT

<urtiuf$1h6m$10@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33863&group=rec.arts.drwho#33863

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 21:56:31 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 21:56 UTC

In article <xn0oitexchzirhk004@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>Truthslave wrote:

>> > One of which is, the Fifth Doctor was the last enjoyable Doctor
>> > before the show got cancelled in 1989!
>>
>> I would agree too. That Colin Baker and Bonnie Langford combo
>> is where the formula started to loose its way, the subtext to
>> those Gallifreyan stories back then seemed to be reassessment
>> or judgement of DW, almost self-referencing. I guess that is
>> where the writers thoughts were.
>
>At the time is was like Doctor Who was on trial... unfortunately JNT
>and the writers were unable to come up with a convincing defence and
>the guilty verdict was just around the corner with the hiatus of
>1985.

And then the public voiced discord against the managers!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT

<xn0oithzji3nwqy001@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33869&group=rec.arts.drwho#33869

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 22:18:30 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 22:18 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0oite2lhyfgay001@reader.xsnews.nl>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:
> >
> >> Most of 1980s DW, 8/10 !
> >
> > Not a hope. Once Peter Davison left most Doctor Who episodes of
> > the 80's would have been hard pushed to get past a 5/10.
>
> Now we can debate!
>
> The 2 stinkers in the 1980s were Timelash and Twin Dilemma.

Well, they were two definite stinkers of the Colin Baker era... we
had quite a few from McCoy a couple of years later though.

But for Colin Baker's era it would be easier to talk about the good
6th Doctor stories, as there's only about three of them... and I'm
being generous!

Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT

<urts8v$20ni$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33875&group=rec.arts.drwho#33875

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 00:35:43 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 00:35 UTC

In article <xn0oithzji3nwqy001@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <xn0oite2lhyfgay001@reader.xsnews.nl>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:

>> > Not a hope. Once Peter Davison left most Doctor Who episodes of
>> > the 80's would have been hard pushed to get past a 5/10.
>>
>> Now we can debate!
>>
>> The 2 stinkers in the 1980s were Timelash and Twin Dilemma.
>
>Well, they were two definite stinkers of the Colin Baker era... we
>had quite a few from McCoy a couple of years later though.

There I may disagree!

>But for Colin Baker's era it would be easier to talk about the good
>6th Doctor stories, as there's only about three of them... and I'm
>being generous!

Which 3?
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT

<urv663$1sbg9$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33891&group=rec.arts.drwho#33891

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 23:31:00 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 12:31 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 2/3/24 3:29 am:
> In article <xn0oit4wohlvujv000@reader.xsnews.nl>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:

>>> IYIO!
>>
>> Not just my opinion Dave, the opinions of the British television
>> audiences played a part too... as they switched off Doctor Who in
>> droves during the 1980's!
>
> I never did!
>
> Most of 1980s DW, 8/10 !

Where were YOU, "Yellow Beard Yadallee", in the 1980's?? Had You,
"Yellow Beard Yadallee", and YOUR family been kicked out of Britain yet??
--
Daniel

Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT

<urvfvt$vg2$11@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33903&group=rec.arts.drwho#33903

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 15:18:21 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 15:18 UTC

In article <urv663$1sbg9$2@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote on 2/3/24 3:29 am:
>> In article <xn0oit4wohlvujv000@reader.xsnews.nl>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:

>>> Not just my opinion Dave, the opinions of the British television
>>> audiences played a part too... as they switched off Doctor Who in
>>> droves during the 1980's!
>>
>> I never did!
>>
>> Most of 1980s DW, 8/10 !
>>
>Where were YOU, "Yellow Beard Yadallee", in the 1980's?? Had You,
>"Yellow Beard Yadallee", and YOUR family been kicked out of Britain yet??

Make a good guess Red-beard!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT

<xn0oiusre1ny18003@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33910&group=rec.arts.drwho#33910

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 19:56:53 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 19:56 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0oithzji3nwqy001@reader.xsnews.nl>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> >
> > But for Colin Baker's era it would be easier to talk about
> > the good 6th Doctor stories, as there's only about three of
> > them... and I'm being generous!
>
> Which 3?

My own personal favourites from that era would be "Vengeance on
Varos" and "The Two Doctors", whilst I'd throw "Attack of the
Cybermen" in to make the three... but it's not an easy selection.

Re: Why is the 5th Doctor so liked according to ChatGPT

<us0e0m$1oa1$7@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33921&group=rec.arts.drwho#33921

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 23:50:46 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 23:50 UTC

In article <xn0oiusre1ny18003@news.eternal-september.org>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <xn0oithzji3nwqy001@reader.xsnews.nl>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> >
>> > But for Colin Baker's era it would be easier to talk about
>> > the good 6th Doctor stories, as there's only about three of
>> > them... and I'm being generous!
>>
>> Which 3?
>
>My own personal favourites from that era would be "Vengeance on
>Varos" and "The Two Doctors", whilst I'd throw "Attack of the
>Cybermen" in to make the three... but it's not an easy selection.

For me, Revelation of the Daleks, Trial o a Time Lord

And a 3-way tie with what you mentioned.