Subject: Why did Hope Leave?
From: Rick
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 17:46 UTC
From: ric...@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 12:46:30 -0500
View all headers
Refresh my memory on something, please.  What was the in-story explanation for Hope leaving the show?  I know the actress decided to leave the role, but how did they explain that on-air?   Given that all her closest relatives (I think) remained in Salem, including her sister and elderly father, and given that Bo was established in canon as dead, I'm struggling to remember a good in-story reason for her to leave Salem.

Subject: Re: Why did Hope Leave?
From: suzeeq
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 18:07 UTC
From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 10:07:24 -0800
On 2/25/2022 9:46 AM, Rick wrote:
Refresh my memory on something, please.  What was the in-story explanation for Hope leaving the show?  I know the actress decided to leave the role, but how did they explain that on-air?   Given that all her closest relatives (I think) remained in Salem, including her sister and elderly father, and given that Bo was established in canon as dead, I'm struggling to remember a good in-story reason for her to leave Salem.

Originally she was going off to search for Ciara, whom she believed was not dead. Then after she was found, Hope went to S Africa to be with her. It hasn't been explained why she's still there when Ciara is back in Salem, though she was supposedly coming to visit a couple of times, but there were 'flight problems'. I think Ben and Ciara are going to be off the show for a while in the coming months, maybe they go to stay with her.

From: Rick
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 19:52 UTC
From: ric...@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.days-of-our-lives
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 14:52:29 -0500
"suzeeq"  wrote in message news:svb5su$1otbs$1@solani.org...

On 2/25/2022 9:46 AM, Rick wrote:
Refresh my memory on something, please.  What was the in-story explanation for Hope leaving the show?  I know the actress decided to leave the role, but how did they explain that on-air?   Given that all her closest relatives (I think) remained in Salem, including her sister and elderly father, and given that Bo was established in canon as dead, I'm struggling to remember a good in-story reason for her to leave Salem.

Originally she was going off to search for Ciara, whom she believed was not dead. Then after she was found, Hope went to S Africa to be with her. It hasn't been explained why she's still there when Ciara is back in Salem, though she was supposedly coming to visit a couple of times, but there were 'flight problems'. I think Ben and Ciara are going to be off the show for a while in the coming months, maybe they go to stay with her.

Thanks.  At least they haven't gone with that old Days chestnut of her being perpetually off-camera "in another room" as they did for so many years with Alice.