Tom's hungry, time to eat lunch.

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person to take on the role of Doctor Who

SubjectAuthor
* Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person to takThe Doctor
`* Re: Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person toBlueshirt
 +- Re: Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person toThe Doctor
 +* Re: Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person toMich
 |`- Re: Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person toThe Doctor
 +* Re: Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person toDaniel65
 |`- Re: Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person toThe Doctor
 `* Re: Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person toMickmane
  `- Re: Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person toThe Doctor

1
Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person to take on the role of Doctor Who

<uu1bl7$1t3v$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=34941&group=rec.arts.drwho#34941

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf
Subject: Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person to take on the role of Doctor Who
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 14:49:11 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 14:49 UTC

Patrick Troughton's portrayal of the Second Doctor in Doctor Who is popular
for a few key reasons:

Distinct personality:

Troughton brought a completely different energy to the Doctor
than William Hartnell. The Second Doctor was more light-hearted,
goofy, and even mischievous compared to the grumpy
and authoritarian First Doctor. This shift helped solidify
the concept of regeneration, where the Doctor's essence
remains but their personality changes drastically.

Versatility and depth: Troughton's acting experience allowed
him to portray the Doctor as both a bumbling fool and a cunning
manipulator. He could be silly and playful with his companions,
but when the situation demanded, he could be ruthless and strategic.
This complexity made the character much more engaging for viewers.

Paving the way for future Doctors: The success of Troughton's Second
Doctor proved that audiences could accept a completely different Doctor.
This paved the way for the show's long-term survival by allowing
for actor changes and character evolution.

Legacy and influence: Troughton's Doctor is fondly remembered by fans,
and his portrayal continues to influence future incarnations of the
Doctor. He helped define the Doctor as a character who is both alien
and relatable, goofy and wise.

While some fans may have preferred other Doctors, there's no doubt that
Troughton's unique take on the role was a major turning point for Doctor
Who, and a big reason for the show's enduring success.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person to take on the role of Doctor Who

<xn0ojtrmfr4hby002@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=34944&group=rec.arts.drwho#34944

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 16:33:11 +0000
 by: Blueshirt - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 16:33 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> Patrick Troughton's portrayal of the Second Doctor in Doctor
> Who is popular for a few key reasons:
>
> [Snip]
>
> While some fans may have preferred other Doctors, there's no
> doubt that Troughton's unique take on the role was a major
> turning point for Doctor Who, and a big reason for the show's
> enduring success.

Dave, your last two posts here have been Chat-GPT blah blah
blah... and Google Gemini blah blah blah... two AI generated
discussions. So to make things easier could you not just get
them to have a "discussion" between themselves and leave us out
of it? They can argue among themselves in AI heaven then!

Re: Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person to take on the role of Doctor Who

<uu23k8$ctg$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=34951&group=rec.arts.drwho#34951

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 21:38:16 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 21:38 UTC

In article <xn0ojtrmfr4hby002@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> Patrick Troughton's portrayal of the Second Doctor in Doctor
>> Who is popular for a few key reasons:
>>
>> [Snip]
>>
>> While some fans may have preferred other Doctors, there's no
>> doubt that Troughton's unique take on the role was a major
>> turning point for Doctor Who, and a big reason for the show's
>> enduring success.
>
>Dave, your last two posts here have been Chat-GPT blah blah
>blah... and Google Gemini blah blah blah... two AI generated
>discussions. So to make things easier could you not just get
>them to have a "discussion" between themselves and leave us out
>of it? They can argue among themselves in AI heaven then!

NaH! I believe in an informed public!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person to take on the role of Doctor Who

<uu2j2d$3t6pf$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=34964&group=rec.arts.drwho#34964

From: mic...@none.edu (Mich)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the
2nd person to take on the role of Doctor Who
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 10:01:49 +0800
 by: Mich - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 02:01 UTC

Blueshirt wrote:
> The Doctor wrote:
>
>> Patrick Troughton's portrayal of the Second Doctor in Doctor
>> Who is popular for a few key reasons:
>>
>> [Snip]
>>
>> While some fans may have preferred other Doctors, there's no
>> doubt that Troughton's unique take on the role was a major
>> turning point for Doctor Who, and a big reason for the show's
>> enduring success.
>
> Dave, your last two posts here have been Chat-GPT blah blah
> blah... and Google Gemini blah blah blah... two AI generated
> discussions. So to make things easier could you not just get
> them to have a "discussion" between themselves and leave us out
> of it? They can argue among themselves in AI heaven then!

Yeah, try Claude next for a bit of variety.

Re: Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person to take on the role of Doctor Who

<uu2jip$13tm$7@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=34971&group=rec.arts.drwho#34971

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
2nd person to take on the role of Doctor Who
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 02:10:33 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 02:10 UTC

In article <uu2j2d$3t6pf$1@paganini.bofh.team>, Mich <mich@none.edu> wrote:
>Blueshirt wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:
>>
>>> Patrick Troughton's portrayal of the Second Doctor in Doctor
>>> Who is popular for a few key reasons:
>>>
>>> [Snip]
>>>
>>> While some fans may have preferred other Doctors, there's no
>>> doubt that Troughton's unique take on the role was a major
>>> turning point for Doctor Who, and a big reason for the show's
>>> enduring success.
>>
>> Dave, your last two posts here have been Chat-GPT blah blah
>> blah... and Google Gemini blah blah blah... two AI generated
>> discussions. So to make things easier could you not just get
>> them to have a "discussion" between themselves and leave us out
>> of it? They can argue among themselves in AI heaven then!
>>

>Yeah, try Claude next for a bit of variety.

:-)
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person to take on the role of Doctor Who

<uu3cps$3g25d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=34983&group=rec.arts.drwho#34983

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
2nd person to take on the role of Doctor Who
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 20:21:02 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 09:21 UTC

Blueshirt wrote on 28/3/24 3:33 am:
> The Doctor wrote:
>
>> Patrick Troughton's portrayal of the Second Doctor in Doctor
>> Who is popular for a few key reasons:
>>
>> [Snip]
>>
>> While some fans may have preferred other Doctors, there's no
>> doubt that Troughton's unique take on the role was a major
>> turning point for Doctor Who, and a big reason for the show's
>> enduring success.
>
> Dave, your last two posts here have been Chat-GPT blah blah
> blah... and Google Gemini blah blah blah... two AI generated
> discussions. So to make things easier could you not just get
> them to have a "discussion" between themselves and leave us out
> of it? They can argue among themselves in AI heaven then!

Funny but, in a similar vein, as "Yellow Beard Yadallee" is now
pestering us with this Google shite, perhaps he should submit the same
information to both ChatGPT and Google Gemini .... and see which AI
comes up with the BEST story!!
--
Daniel

Re: Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person to take on the role of Doctor Who

<uu3m1r$22i3$9@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=35001&group=rec.arts.drwho#35001

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
2nd person to take on the role of Doctor Who
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 11:58:51 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 11:58 UTC

In article <uu3cps$3g25d$1@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>Blueshirt wrote on 28/3/24 3:33 am:
>> The Doctor wrote:
>>
>>> Patrick Troughton's portrayal of the Second Doctor in Doctor
>>> Who is popular for a few key reasons:
>>>
>>> [Snip]
>>>
>>> While some fans may have preferred other Doctors, there's no
>>> doubt that Troughton's unique take on the role was a major
>>> turning point for Doctor Who, and a big reason for the show's
>>> enduring success.
>>
>> Dave, your last two posts here have been Chat-GPT blah blah
>> blah... and Google Gemini blah blah blah... two AI generated
>> discussions. So to make things easier could you not just get
>> them to have a "discussion" between themselves and leave us out
>> of it? They can argue among themselves in AI heaven then!
>>
>Funny but, in a similar vein, as "Yellow Beard Yadallee" is now
>pestering us with this Google s*e, perhaps he should submit the same
>information to both ChatGPT and Google Gemini .... and see which AI
>comes up with the BEST story!!

If they can get is correct!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person to take on the role of Doctor Who

<GaqaITUaczB@ATH>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=35134&group=rec.arts.drwho#35134

From: ATH...@kruemel.org (Mickmane)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 15:44:00 +0100
 by: Mickmane - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 14:44 UTC

On 30.03.24, Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> The Doctor wrote:

>> Patrick Troughton's portrayal of the Second Doctor in Doctor
>> Who

> Dave, your last two posts here have been Chat-GPT blah blah
> blah... and Google Gemini blah blah blah... two AI generated
> discussions. So to make things easier could you not just get
> them to have a "discussion" between themselves and leave us out
> of it? They can argue among themselves in AI heaven then!

Moments like these, I would like a thumbs up button on Usenet!

--

Mickmane

Re: Google Gemini explains why Patrick Troughton is popular as the 2nd person to take on the role of Doctor Who

<uu9b80$i4v$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=35135&group=rec.arts.drwho#35135

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 15:31:12 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 15:31 UTC

In article <GaqaITUaczB@ATH>, Mickmane <ATH@kruemel.org> wrote:
>On 30.03.24, Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:
>
>>> Patrick Troughton's portrayal of the Second Doctor in Doctor
>>> Who
>
>> Dave, your last two posts here have been Chat-GPT blah blah
>> blah... and Google Gemini blah blah blah... two AI generated
>> discussions. So to make things easier could you not just get
>> them to have a "discussion" between themselves and leave us out
>> of it? They can argue among themselves in AI heaven then!
>
>Moments like these, I would like a thumbs up button on Usenet!

Irony!