From: lia...@valentijn.nu (Wouter Valentijn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Ah yes!
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 00:34:09 +0100
 by: Wouter Valentijn - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 23:34 UTC

Op 4-3-2022 om 16:22 schreef The Doctor:
> Chibnall reminds me of Vladimir Putin attack Ukraine
> just how he has attacked Doctor Who since 25 Dec 2017 !!

This comparison is illogical.

Putin considers himself a very religious man on a sacred mission to
restore the Great Holy Russian empire of old that predates the Soviet
Union and to whom human rights and human lives mean very little. He is
responsible for the loss of countless lives and the illegal seizures of
lands that do not belong to him or Russia.

--
Wouter Valentijn

Kirk: "No beach to walk on..."
Star Trek (s01e07): The Naked Time

http://www.nksf.nl/

liam=mail

Re: Ah yes!

<j8ghufFglc5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3493&group=rec.arts.drwho#3493

From: lia...@valentijn.nu (Wouter Valentijn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 08:31:27 +0100
 by: Wouter Valentijn - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 07:31 UTC

Op 5-3-2022 om 01:28 schreef tsbru...@gmail.com:
> On Friday, March 4, 2022 at 3:34:13 PM UTC-8, Wouter Valentijn wrote:
>> Op 4-3-2022 om 16:22 schreef The Doctor:
>>> Chibnall reminds me of Vladimir Putin attack Ukraine
>>> just how he has attacked Doctor Who since 25 Dec 2017 !!
>> This comparison is illogical.
>>
>> Putin considers himself a very religious man on a sacred mission to
>> restore the Great Holy Russian empire of old that predates the Soviet
>> Union and to whom human rights and human lives mean very little. He is
>> responsible for the loss of countless lives and the illegal seizures of
>> lands that do not belong to him or Russia.
>
> How does Chibnall stack up?

Chibnall is a decent guy as far as I know, working as a writer and
producer, helping creating stories. Some like some his work, others don't.

--
Wouter Valentijn

Kirk: "No beach to walk on..."
Star Trek (s01e07): The Naked Time

http://www.nksf.nl/

liam=mail

Re: Ah yes!

<svvpgd$q8c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3519&group=rec.arts.drwho#3519

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 13:44:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 13:44 UTC

The Doctor wrote:
> In article <j8flviFbqciU1@mid.individual.net>,
> Wouter Valentijn <liam@valentijn.nu> wrote:
> > This comparison is illogical.
> >
> > Putin considers himself a very religious man on a sacred mission to
> > restore the Great Holy Russian empire of old that predates the
> > Soviet Union and to whom human rights and human lives mean very
> > little. He is responsible for the loss of countless lives and the
> > illegal seizures of lands that do not belong to him or Russia.
>
> I see the parallel! Both are deluded
> with their ideas of grandeur!

Said a guy calling himself "The Doctor" who believes in the second
coming of Christ!!!

Re: Ah yes!

<svvpgf$q8c$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3521&group=rec.arts.drwho#3521

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 13:44:47 -0000 (UTC)

Wouter Valentijn wrote:

> Op 5-3-2022 om 01:28 schreef tsbru...@gmail.com:
> > On Friday, March 4, 2022 at 3:34:13 PM UTC-8, Wouter Valentijn
> > wrote:
> > > This comparison is illogical.
> > >
> > > Putin considers himself a very religious man on a sacred mission
> > > to restore the Great Holy Russian empire of old that predates the
> > > Soviet Union and to whom human rights and human lives mean very
> > > little. He is responsible for the loss of countless lives and the
> > > illegal seizures of lands that do not belong to him or Russia.
> >
> > How does Chibnall stack up?
>
> Chibnall is a decent guy as far as I know, working as a writer and
> producer, helping creating stories. Some like some his work, others
> don't.

....and comparing him to a war making invader whose armed forces are
killing hundreds of innocent people is complete and utter bollocks!

Re: Ah yes!

<t00406$e1f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3535&group=rec.arts.drwho#3535

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 16:43:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 16:43 UTC

The Doctor wrote:
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:
> >>
> >> Both are deluded with their ideas of grandeur!
> >
> > Said a guy calling himself "The Doctor" who believes in the second
> > coming of Christ!!!
>
> And the second Coming of Chrsit is a future fact.

It's a belief, not a fact ... and it's delusional.

Re: Ah yes!

<j8i79jFqf84U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3548&group=rec.arts.drwho#3548

From: lia...@valentijn.nu (Wouter Valentijn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 23:41:55 +0100
 by: Wouter Valentijn - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 22:41 UTC

Op 5-3-2022 om 14:44 schreef Blueshirt:
> Wouter Valentijn wrote:
>
>> Op 5-3-2022 om 01:28 schreef tsbru...@gmail.com:

>>> How does Chibnall stack up?
>>
>> Chibnall is a decent guy as far as I know, working as a writer and
>> producer, helping creating stories. Some like some his work, others
>> don't.
>
> ...and comparing him to a war making invader whose armed forces are
> killing hundreds of innocent people is complete and utter bollocks!

That obviously too.

--
Wouter Valentijn

Kirk: "No beach to walk on..."
Star Trek (s01e07): The Naked Time

http://www.nksf.nl/

liam=mail

Re: Ah yes!

<t0176o$cas$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3554&group=rec.arts.drwho#3554

From: hidefr...@hushmail.com (Idlehands)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 19:44:36 -0700
 by: Idlehands - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 02:44 UTC

On 2022-03-05 5:25 p.m., The Doctor wrote:
> In article <t00406$e1f$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:

>>> And the second Coming of Chrsit is a future fact.
>>
>> It's a belief, not a fact ... and it's delusional.
>
> I await your confession at the Great White Throne of Judgment.

What makes you think you're going to "heaven"? This very thread proves
you are clueless about Christianity and the message sent by Christ.

Look to your own sins binky boy before attempting to judge others.

--
"When a clown moves into a palace, he doesn't become a king. The palace
turns into a circus"

Re: Ah yes!

<t0240d$cpf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3590&group=rec.arts.drwho#3590

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 10:56:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 10:56 UTC

The Doctor wrote:
> In article <t00406$e1f$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:
> >>
> >> And the second Coming of Chrsit is a future fact.
> >
> > It's a belief, not a fact ... and it's delusional.
>
> I await your confession at the Great White Throne of Judgment.

You will be waiting a very long time... none of the mumbo jumbo you
believe in is actually real.

As YOU will find out.

Re: Ah yes!

<t02qq2$2d6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3611&group=rec.arts.drwho#3611

From: stephen....@ntlworld.com (The Other Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 17:26:22 -0000
 by: The Other Doctor - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 17:26 UTC

"Blueshirt" <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote in message
> The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <t00406$e1f$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:

>> > It's a belief, not a fact ... and it's delusional.
>>
>> I await your confession at the Great White Throne of Judgment.
>
> You will be waiting a very long time... none of the mumbo jumbo you
> believe in is actually real.
>
> As YOU will find out.

Sadly, I don't think he ever will. He believes in an afterlife, and thinks
he's been a good boy because he doesn't eat pork, shellfish, or drink beer.
So he'll go to heaven. Other people who believe in the afterlife think he
might go to heaven because he says he believes in Jesus. Others think he'll
go to hell for being an asshole. I don't believe in the afterlife. I think
he'll just drop dead one day and that will be the end of Yads. So he'll
never know he got it wrong. But while he's alive, he'll carry on believing
stuff like the rapture and the second coming, no matter what anyone else
says.

Belief in the 2nd coming and the rapture was popularised in the US in the
19th century. Yads is of course involved in some batshit crazy church which
has some odd ideas to begin with. Mix in the way Yads manages to
misinterpret most things anyway, and who knows what he thinks. But he will
continue to think it until the day he dies, never realising how stupid he
is...

Re: Ah yes!

<t04r2d$ihk$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3660&group=rec.arts.drwho#3660

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 22:42:06 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 11:42 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 6/3/22 1:39 am:
> In article <svvpgd$q8c$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:

>>> I see the parallel! Both are deluded
>>> with their ideas of grandeur!
>>
>> Said a guy calling himself "The Doctor" who believes in the second
>> coming of Christ!!!
>
> And the second Coming of Chrsit is a future fact.

"Chrsit"?? How good, strong, is the clown's religious beliefs??
--
Daniel

Re: Ah yes!

<t04rb3$ihk$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3661&group=rec.arts.drwho#3661

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 22:46:45 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 11:46 UTC

The Other Doctor wrote on 7/3/22 4:26 am:
> "Blueshirt" <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote in message
>> The Doctor wrote:

>>> I await your confession at the Great White Throne of Judgment.
>>
>> You will be waiting a very long time... none of the mumbo jumbo
>> you believe in is actually real.
>>
>> As YOU will find out.
>
> Sadly, I don't think he ever will. He believes in an afterlife, and
> thinks he's been a good boy because he doesn't eat pork, shellfish,
> or drink beer.

Bloody Hell! How boring Heaven must be if they are the pre-conditions to
get there!! ;-P
--
Daniel

Re: Ah yes!

<t05ba9$j79$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3676&group=rec.arts.drwho#3676

From: stephen....@ntlworld.com (The Other Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 16:20:17 -0000
 by: The Other Doctor - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 16:20 UTC

"The Doctor" <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message

> What about eating wise apples?

It's not often you find a soggy banana reaing a book.

Re: Ah yes!

<j8nbp5Fq4jnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3683&group=rec.arts.drwho#3683

From: lia...@valentijn.nu (Wouter Valentijn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 22:29:09 +0100
 by: Wouter Valentijn - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 21:29 UTC

Op 7-3-2022 om 16:46 schreef The Doctor:
> In article <t04rb3$ihk$4@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> The Other Doctor wrote on 7/3/22 4:26 am:
>>> "Blueshirt" <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote in message

>>> Sadly, I don't think he ever will. He believes in an afterlife, and
>>> thinks he's been a good boy because he doesn't eat pork, shellfish,
>>> or drink beer.
>>
>> Bloody Hell! How boring Heaven must be if they are the pre-conditions to
>> get there!! ;-P
>
> What about eating wise apples?

Aren't those called fruits from the tree of knowledge of good and evil?