Don't confuse things that need action with those that take care of themselves.

arts / rec.arts.poems / Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

SubjectAuthor
* T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the BellGeorge J. Dance
+- Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the BellGeneral Zod
+* Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the BellGeneral-Zod
|`* Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the BellW-Dockery
| +* Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the BellGeneral-Zod
| |`- Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the BellW.Dockery
| +* Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the BellVictor H.
| |`- Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the BellW.Dockery
| `* Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the BellVictor H.
|  `- Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the BellW-Dockery
`* Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the BellZod
 `* Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the BellW.Dockery
  `- Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the BellGeneral-Zod

1
T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

<t5ufbi$d7s$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3679&group=rec.arts.poems#3679

From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George J. Dance)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
Subject: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 17:22:56 -0400
 by: George J. Dance - Mon, 16 May 2022 21:22 UTC

T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

Every man's death diminishes me --
I call it rotten luck --
unless it's someone I don't like,
And then it's funny as fuck.

~ by Pastor JD and Pastor HC

(Bonus points if you can spot the other allusion in the title.)

Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

<33e12a2b-0676-4f7f-ac0c-95240a1829f1n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3699&group=rec.arts.poems#3699

Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 12:32:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell
From: generalz...@gmail.com (General Zod)
 by: General Zod - Tue, 17 May 2022 19:32 UTC

On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 5:23:00 PM UTC-4, George J. Dance wrote:
> T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell
>
> Every man's death diminishes me --
> I call it rotten luck --
> unless it's someone I don't like,
> And then it's funny as fuck.
>
> ~ by Pastor JD and Pastor HC
>

> (Bonus points if you can spot the other allusion in the title.)

Cool....

Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

<ed43584e03fc0d551a1720641dd7cc3b@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3778&group=rec.arts.poems#3778

Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 21:52:06 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Wed, 25 May 2022 21:52 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 2:55:17 PM UTC-4, Zod wrote:
>> Will Dockery wrote:

>> > That was the hit that made it to the radio even down here in the sleepy South.
>>
>> > Before this, Roxy Music was definitely a "cult" band down here.
>> One radio station in buffalo played a lot of the new music of the day, it was called the "Rock And Roll Animal" fm station....

> That radio station was the start one of the first conversations I had with your brother back in 1983 at the Mill, when Jeffrey came into the break room wearing a "Rock and Roll Animal" t-shirt from that radio station.

They played some good records on that station, every night around Midnight they would have the "album hour" where they would play an entire album....

Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

<1b7a27d0347c7b4168e5804e230ac968@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3824&group=rec.arts.poems#3824

Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 00:12:46 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Mon, 30 May 2022 00:12 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>>> One radio station in buffalo played a lot of the new music of the day, it was called the "Rock And Roll Animal" fm station....

>> That radio station was the start one of the first conversations I had with your brother back in 1983 at the Mill, when Jeffrey came into the break room wearing a "Rock and Roll Animal" t-shirt from that radio station.

> They played some good records on that station, every night around Midnight they would have the "album hour" where they would play an entire album....

I used to pick up an Atlanta station WRFG late at night when I lived in La Grange, album hour at Midnight, good album tracks through the night.

Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

<94def76989079f0f075c20c46c6a5996@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3995&group=rec.arts.poems#3995

Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 20:39:01 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Fri, 3 Jun 2022 20:39 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

>>> That radio station was the start one of the first conversations I had with your brother back in 1983 at the Mill, when Jeffrey came into the break room wearing a "Rock and Roll Animal" t-shirt from that radio station.

>> They played some good records on that station, every night around Midnight they would have the "album hour" where they would play an entire album....

> I used to pick up an Atlanta station WRFG late at night when I lived in La Grange, album hour at Midnight, good album tracks through the night.

Loved them late night album hours....

Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

<f0a5c013b7618505705de77d74a9a38c@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4076&group=rec.arts.poems#4076

Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 16:06:42 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 16:06 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

>>> They played some good records on that station, every night around Midnight they would have the "album hour" where they would play an entire album....

>> I used to pick up an Atlanta station WRFG late at night when I lived in La Grange, album hour at Midnight, good album tracks through the night.

> Loved them late night album hours....

Back when radio was an important link to the outside world, the dark ages before the internet.

Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

<770dc35ff7c83ed70a1d75e08d046fcb@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4280&group=rec.arts.poems#4280

Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 18:44:00 +0000
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Victor H.)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: Victor H. - Tue, 21 Jun 2022 18:44 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

>>> That radio station was the start one of the first conversations I had with your brother back in 1983 at the Mill, when Jeffrey came into the break room wearing a "Rock and Roll Animal" t-shirt from that radio station.

>> They played some good records on that station, every night around Midnight they would have the "album hour" where they would play an entire album....

> I used to pick up an Atlanta station WRFG late at night when I lived in La Grange, album hour at Midnight, good album tracks through the night.

The Buffalo Rock station played some late night favorites, like

Lucky Man ---E.L.P.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZUyB5dRwg0

and

John Dawson Read - A Friend of Mine is Going Blind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQlnmny0YnE

Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

<98eb0c2fd3dcfa70992af7e49ca8e507@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4328&group=rec.arts.poems#4328

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 04:09:12 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 04:09 UTC

Victor H. wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>>> They played some good records on that station, every night around Midnight they would have the "album hour" where they would play an entire album....

>> I used to pick up an Atlanta station WRFG late at night when I lived in La Grange, album hour at Midnight, good album tracks through the night.

> The Buffalo Rock station played some late night favorites, like

> Lucky Man ---E.L.P.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZUyB5dRwg0

> and

> John Dawson Read - A Friend of Mine is Going Blind
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQlnmny0YnE

I remember those tunes well, on album oriented radio.

Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

<2d049cd3f0f723a0cf174ae1f0ebf137@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4924&group=rec.arts.poems#4924

Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 19:25:53 +0000
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Victor H.)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: Victor H. - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 19:25 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

>>> That radio station was the start one of the first conversations I had with your brother back in 1983 at the Mill, when Jeffrey came into the break room wearing a "Rock and Roll Animal" t-shirt from that radio station.

>> They played some good records on that station, every night around Midnight they would have the "album hour" where they would play an entire album....

> I used to pick up an Atlanta station WRFG late at night when I lived in La Grange, album hour at Midnight, good album tracks through the night.

ROCK 97 for me...!

Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

<956d6abacd1a3a18420cf820ec5c2e39@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5008&group=rec.arts.poems#5008

Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 01:45:22 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 01:45 UTC

Victor H. wrote:

>>> They played some good records on that station, every night around Midnight they would have the "album hour" where they would play an entire album....

>> I used to pick up an Atlanta station WRFG late at night when I lived in La Grange, album hour at Midnight, good album tracks through the night.

> ROCK 97 for me...!

That was the "Rock and Roll Animal" radio station, according to the t-shirt your brother used to wear back in 1983 at the Mill.

Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

<7b172aa5f23384e519b77e3e9f977a11@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5765&group=rec.arts.poems#5765

Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 18:54:46 +0000
From: Zod...@news.novabbs.com (Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: Zod - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 18:54 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

> Every man's death diminishes me --
> I call it rotten luck --
> unless it's someone I don't like,
> And then it's funny as fuck.

> ~ by Pastor JD and Pastor HC

> (Bonus points if you can spot the other allusion in the title.)

Love ole ROXY MUSIC...!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCzhAeukF1A

Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

<73c0a3a05c900eecab8ba9cd3e912dd3@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5843&group=rec.arts.poems#5843

Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 10:13:00 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 10:13 UTC

Zod wrote:

> George J. Dance wrote:
>>
>> T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

>> Every man's death diminishes me --
>> I call it rotten luck --
>> unless it's someone I don't like,
>> And then it's funny as fuck.

>> ~ by Pastor JD and Pastor HC

>> (Bonus points if you can spot the other allusion in the title.)

> Love ole ROXY MUSIC...!

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCzhAeukF1A

Good morning, good find.

Re: T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

<ef31fdaa00dbe99be177964248c6e570@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5904&group=rec.arts.poems#5904

Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 21:33:00 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 21:33 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> Zod wrote:

>> George J. Dance wrote:
>>>
>>> T'ain't No Big Thing, the Toll of the Bell

>>> Every man's death diminishes me --
>>> I call it rotten luck --
>>> unless it's someone I don't like,
>>> And then it's funny as fuck.

>>> ~ by Pastor JD and Pastor HC

>>> (Bonus points if you can spot the other allusion in the title.)

>> Love ole ROXY MUSIC...!

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCzhAeukF1A

> Good morning, good find.

GOOD DAY to you....!