There is no delight the equal of dread. As long as it is somebody else's. -- Clive Barker

arts / alt.tv.survivor / Re: Survivor: Shan Says God Told Her to Quit Pastorship For Patreon

SubjectAuthor
* Survivor: Shan Says God Told Her to Quit Pastorship For PatreonBrian Smith
`* Re: Survivor: Shan Says God Told Her to Quit Pastorship For PatreonElmo P. Shagnasty
 `* Re: Survivor: Shan Says God Told Her to Quit Pastorship For Patreonshawn
  `- Re: Survivor: Shan Says God Told Her to Quit Pastorship For PatreonElmo P. Shagnasty

1
Survivor: Shan Says God Told Her to Quit Pastorship For Patreon

<1a04a708-467d-4637-9e90-f46d6b684af9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=369&group=alt.tv.survivor#369

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 18:16:57 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Survivor: Shan Says God Told Her to Quit Pastorship For Patreon
From: dcg_br...@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
 by: Brian Smith - Thu, 30 Dec 2021 02:16 UTC

It's weird that it took until S40 for Survivor players to start cashing in on their "fame" on social media. BB players are way ahead of them on this front and some are better off financially than Survivor winners.

Survivor: Shan Says God Told Her to Quit Pastorship For Patreon

Shantel Smith, from Survivor season 41 is quitting being a pastor and joining Patreon instead — all at God's behest.

By Eric Eldredge

Shantel Smith from Survivor 41 is quitting her job in pastoral ministry in order to pursue a career as an entrepreneur and religious content creator, in part because that is what God has called her to do, according to a recent post. She announced this move on her Patreon page. Fans of hers will likely not be blindsided by this decision: Shan has shown an affinity for growing her social media viewership with comedic posts throughout the recent Survivor season. This new career direction combines ministry with digital content creation.

Shan became the star of Survivor 41 when her original tribe, Ua, went to almost all of the pre-merge tribal councils. She controlled each vote by winning over all five of her tribemates before sending them to Ponderosa one by one. Many viewed Shan as their number one ally, but only Ricard Foyé was ultimately proven correct when Shan sided with him over Genie Chen in the starting tribe's final three-person vote. Later, Ricard helped orchestrate Shan's stunning 8th-place boot.

When Shan announced her decision on her Patreon page, she further developed the connection between her faith and entertainment by describing her content as "Christian apologetics via comedic content creation, online discipleship, and Kingdom-minded Christ centered messages." While much of her content is accessible only to patrons, her recent posts feature several zoom Bible studies from both before and during the airing of Survivor 41. Just like on her Instagram and Twitter pages, Shan is focusing on creating videos on Patreon. It appears as though she is not starting a new venture, but rather shifting toward "independent ministry" full-time.

Patreon allows creators to offer tiered membership levels, which Shan has done. Her tiers range from "Here to Support," a $4.99 per month tier that she describes as "perfect for all of you college students or recent graduates who are still looking for a job!" to "Bible Boss," a $25 per month tier that includes free workshops and biweekly Bible studies. Another tier description promises that "Your reward shall be great in heaven!" to purchasers. As one last incentive, Shan claims in her Patreon self-description that, "Your fiscal support will go towards basically helping me stay alive."

In another universe, Shan would have easily made the cast of Survivor 35 – on the Hustlers tribe. She is clearly an ambitious, bold self-starter, which is in part why she excelled throughout much of her season. A recent reality TV star asking young, jobless college graduates for money, however, does not come off well. She might want to consider rebranding her tiers.

Source: https://screenrant.com/survivor-shantel-smith-patreon/

--
Brian

Re: Survivor: Shan Says God Told Her to Quit Pastorship For Patreon

<sqk8cc$qi5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=370&group=alt.tv.survivor#370

From: elm...@nastydesigns.com (Elmo P. Shagnasty)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 07:23:40 -0500
 by: Elmo P. Shagnasty - Thu, 30 Dec 2021 12:23 UTC

On 2021-12-30 02:16:57 +0000, Brian Smith said:

> Survivor: Shan Says God Told Her to Quit Pastorship For Patreon

The World: Shan Is Just Another Batshit-Crazy Woman

Re: Survivor: Shan Says God Told Her to Quit Pastorship For Patreon

<i5musgdssl9uqq1f7bdlkeba8r5s6dbqpp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=371&group=alt.tv.survivor#371

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 14:24:00 -0500
 by: shawn - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 19:24 UTC

On Thu, 30 Dec 2021 07:23:40 -0500, Elmo P. Shagnasty
<elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>On 2021-12-30 02:16:57 +0000, Brian Smith said:
>
>> Survivor: Shan Says God Told Her to Quit Pastorship For Patreon
>
>The World: Shan Is Just Another Batshit-Crazy Woman

She showed her true self throughout the season which might have led
her to this decision.

Re: Survivor: Shan Says God Told Her to Quit Pastorship For Patreon

<sqq1fb$vk1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=372&group=alt.tv.survivor#372

From: elm...@nastydesigns.com (Elmo P. Shagnasty)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2022 12:02:35 -0500
 by: Elmo P. Shagnasty - Sat, 1 Jan 2022 17:02 UTC

On 2021-12-31 19:24:00 +0000, shawn said:

> On Thu, 30 Dec 2021 07:23:40 -0500, Elmo P. Shagnasty
> <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2021-12-30 02:16:57 +0000, Brian Smith said:
>>
>>> Survivor: Shan Says God Told Her to Quit Pastorship For Patreon
>>
>> The World: Shan Is Just Another Batshit-Crazy Woman
>>

> She showed her true self throughout the season which might have led
> her to this decision.

you mean, she recognized that she's batshit crazy? And said to
herself, "I might as well go with that"?