From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Mickey Smith
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 08:41:22 +1300
 by: Your Name - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 19:41 UTC

On 2022-03-09 10:41:32 +0000, tsbr...@gmail.com said:

> On Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 11:43:03 PM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> In article <ebb73b28-28b9-4456...@googlegroups.com>,
>> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:> >On Monday, March 7, 2022
>> at 7:09:57 AM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com wrote:> >> In article
>> <5b31ffcb-b878-4767...@googlegroups.com>,> >> tsbr...@gmail.com
>> <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:> >> >On Sunday, March 6, 2022 at 9:40:12 PM
>> UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com wrote:> >> >> In article
>> <4b3b0b2c-2a43-4748...@googlegroups.com>,> >> >> tsbr...@gmail.com
>> <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:> >> >> >On Sunday, March 6, 2022 at 3:57:19
>> PM UTC-8, netk...@gmail.com wrote:> >> >> >> In article
>> <2c728d2c-791a-45f7...@googlegroups.com>,> >> >> >> tsbr...@gmail.com
>> <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:> >> >> >> >I just heard a broadcaster on the
>> Olympics Channel (389) utter the name> >> >> >> >"Mickey Smith" at
>> coverage of a gymnastics event (Mastia Liukin Cup> >> >> >>
>> >Gymnastics). What is puzzling is that its a women's gymnastics event!
>> is a Doctor Who character!> >> >> >> >> >> >I bet that Jenny of The
>> Doctor's Daughter could win a gymnastic competition!> >> >> But now she
>> is married to the Doctor!> >> >> >> >How would that keep her out of
>> gymnastics competitions?> >> While pregnant?> >> >You didn't SAY that
>> she was pregnant, only that she was married to the Doctor!
>> IT is both.
>
> You had only mentioned the marriage bit in response to my speculation
> that Jenny could win a gymnastics competition. By only mentioning the
> marriage to the Doctor bit, you implied that being married to the
> Doctor was enough, BY ITSELF, to bar Jenny from gymnastics competitions!

Age would likely bar Georgia Moffat / Tennant from being in a
gymnastics competition. At 37 she's already past the usual retirement
age, although it is still possible ...

The oldest female gymnast competing in senior international
events in 2021 is Uzbekistan's Oksana Chusovitina, who was
46 years, 1 month old at the 2020 Summer Olympics.

Re: Mickey Smith

<t0b187$u1r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3801&group=rec.arts.drwho#3801

From: stephen....@ntlworld.com (The Other Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 20:05:24 -0000
 by: The Other Doctor - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 20:05 UTC

"Your Name" <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote in message

>> You had only mentioned the marriage bit in response to my speculation
>> that Jenny could win a gymnastics competition. By only mentioning the
>> marriage to the Doctor bit, you implied that being married to the Doctor
>> was enough, BY ITSELF, to bar Jenny from gymnastics competitions!
>
> Age would likely bar Georgia Moffat / Tennant from being in a gymnastics
> competition. At 37 she's already past the usual retirement age, although
> it is still possible ...
>
> The oldest female gymnast competing in senior international
> events in 2021 is Uzbekistan's Oksana Chusovitina, who was
> 46 years, 1 month old at the 2020 Summer Olympics.

Oh dear. I think some people are confusing fiction with reality. Jenny, the
Doctor's daughter, is a fictional character in a show called Doctor Who.
Georgia Tennant (previously Moffett, not Moffat) is the actress who
portrayed her. Jenny (the fictional character) is acrobatic. Georgia is an
actress. She may, or may not, be acrobatic. Equally she may have had a stunt
double. Either way, the scene would have been heavily edited.