Sanity is the trademark of a weak mind. -- Mark Harrold

arts / rec.arts.disney.parks / Re: Steve Russo

SubjectAuthor
* Steve RussoRudeney
+- Re: Steve RussoJudy Fallon
+* Re: Steve RussoPeppermint Patty
|`- Re: Steve RussoRudeney
+- Re: Steve RussoJG
+* Re: Steve RussoSteve Soares
|`- Re: Steve Russothefuzzies@gmail.com
+- Re: Steve RussoRudeney
+- Re: Steve RussoDean Worrell
`* Re: Steve RussoSteve Denham
 `- Re: Steve RussoSteve Soares

1
Steve Russo

<sfoaku$1r7u$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=383&group=rec.arts.disney.parks#383

From: rude...@rudeney.com (Rudeney)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
Subject: Steve Russo
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 08:27:57 -0500
 by: Rudeney - Fri, 20 Aug 2021 13:27 UTC

As you may know, Steve was diagnosed with glioblastoma (brain cancer) in
May 2017. Here's his story about it:

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.disney.parks/c/_EbqEDpLX4Y/m/VdqTVuxFAwAJ

After fight9ng this for over fours years, Steve lost his battle with
cancer. His wife Barb said he passed last night and is now at peace.

Up until about April, he was still able to communicate, though his
attention span grew shorter over the years. He and I had been playing
Words with Friends for many years and he was still able to kick my butt.
Over the last four months, he finally lost his ability to communicate.
Being someone who likes to "talk" almost as much as me, I am sure that
was very hard on him.

I am so sad that Steve is gone. I have lost another very good friend.
I am glad, though, that his struggles are over.

--

- RODNEY

Next WDW Vacation?
Who knows!

Need to know more about RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks)?

http://www.radp.org
http://allears.net/btp/radp_bk.htm
http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

Are you still accessing RADP via Google? Why?
Get instructions on how to access to the "real"
RADP Usenet Group here:

http://meets.radp.org/usenet.htm

Re: Steve Russo

<f92e2c12-4e88-4b78-a43f-21af3f685a74n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=384&group=rec.arts.disney.parks#384

Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 08:15:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Steve Russo
From: judy.fal...@gmail.com (Judy Fallon)
 by: Judy Fallon - Fri, 20 Aug 2021 15:15 UTC

On Friday, August 20, 2021 at 9:28:02 AM UTC-4, Rudeney wrote:
> As you may know, Steve was diagnosed with glioblastoma (brain cancer) in
> May 2017. Here's his story about it:
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.disney.parks/c/_EbqEDpLX4Y/m/VdqTVuxFAwAJ
>
> After fight9ng this for over fours years, Steve lost his battle with
> cancer. His wife Barb said he passed last night and is now at peace.
>
> Up until about April, he was still able to communicate, though his
> attention span grew shorter over the years. He and I had been playing
> Words with Friends for many years and he was still able to kick my butt.
> Over the last four months, he finally lost his ability to communicate.
> Being someone who likes to "talk" almost as much as me, I am sure that
> was very hard on him.
>
> I am so sad that Steve is gone. I have lost another very good friend.
> I am glad, though, that his struggles are over.

Thank you for sharing this sad news. At least he is at peace now.
> --
>
> - RODNEY
>
> Next WDW Vacation?
> Who knows!
>
> Need to know more about RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks)?
>
> http://www.radp.org
> http://allears.net/btp/radp_bk.htm
> http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm
>
> Are you still accessing RADP via Google? Why?
> Get instructions on how to access to the "real"
> RADP Usenet Group here:
>
> http://meets.radp.org/usenet.htm

Re: Steve Russo

<a89ca32d-c30d-4265-afe1-3876f48637bcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=385&group=rec.arts.disney.parks#385

Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 10:41:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: patricia...@gmail.com (Peppermint Patty)
 by: Peppermint Patty - Fri, 20 Aug 2021 17:41 UTC

Never got to meet Steve in person though we lived not far apart.
Maybe Mark was there to greet him and they are talking Disney
together.

Re: Steve Russo

<459701f2-564d-4494-b631-2fba0fe11564n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=386&group=rec.arts.disney.parks#386

Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 11:16:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (JG)
 by: JG - Fri, 20 Aug 2021 18:16 UTC

On Friday, August 20, 2021 at 8:28:02 AM UTC-5, Rudeney wrote:
> As you may know, Steve was diagnosed with glioblastoma (brain cancer) in
> May 2017. Here's his story about it:
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.disney.parks/c/_EbqEDpLX4Y/m/VdqTVuxFAwAJ
>
> After fight9ng this for over fours years, Steve lost his battle with
> cancer. His wife Barb said he passed last night and is now at peace.
>
> Up until about April, he was still able to communicate, though his
> attention span grew shorter over the years. He and I had been playing
> Words with Friends for many years and he was still able to kick my butt.
> Over the last four months, he finally lost his ability to communicate.
> Being someone who likes to "talk" almost as much as me, I am sure that
> was very hard on him.
>
> I am so sad that Steve is gone. I have lost another very good friend.
> I am glad, though, that his struggles are over.
>

> --
>
> - RODNEY
>
> Next WDW Vacation?
> Who knows!
>
> Need to know more about RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks)?
>
> http://www.radp.org
> http://allears.net/btp/radp_bk.htm
> http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm
>
> Are you still accessing RADP via Google? Why?
> Get instructions on how to access to the "real"
> RADP Usenet Group here:
>
> http://meets.radp.org/usenet.htm

Cellphones ??

Re: Steve Russo

<sfp6jm$106g$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=388&group=rec.arts.disney.parks#388

From: rude...@rudeney.com (Rudeney)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 16:25:10 -0500
 by: Rudeney - Fri, 20 Aug 2021 21:25 UTC

On 8/20/2021 12:41 PM, Peppermint Patty wrote:
> Never got to meet Steve in person though we lived not far apart.
> Maybe Mark was there to greet him and they are talking Disney
> together.

I was thinking the same thing! <3 (does that emoticon still work as a
heart?)

--

- RODNEY

Next WDW Vacation?
Who knows!

Need to know more about RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks)?

http://www.radp.org
http://allears.net/btp/radp_bk.htm
http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

Are you still accessing RADP via Google? Why?
Get instructions on how to access to the "real"
RADP Usenet Group here:

http://meets.radp.org/usenet.htm

Re: Steve Russo

<sfqnsu$1d6o$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=389&group=rec.arts.disney.parks#389

From: hos...@wdwent.com (Steve Soares)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 07:26:22 -0400
 by: Steve Soares - Sat, 21 Aug 2021 11:26 UTC

On 8/20/2021 9:27 AM, Rudeney wrote:
> As you may know, Steve was diagnosed with glioblastoma (brain cancer) in
> May 2017.  Here's his story about it:
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.disney.parks/c/_EbqEDpLX4Y/m/VdqTVuxFAwAJ
>

> After fight9ng this for over fours years, Steve lost his battle with
> cancer.  His wife Barb said he passed last night and is now at peace.
>
> Up until about April, he was still able to communicate, though his
> attention span grew shorter over the years.  He and I had been playing
> Words with Friends for many years and he was still able to kick my butt.
>  Over the last four months, he finally lost his ability to communicate.
>  Being someone who likes to "talk" almost as much as me, I am sure that
> was very hard on him.
>
> I am so sad that Steve is gone.  I have lost another very good friend. I
> am glad, though, that his struggles are over.

I'm sorry to hear that! Although we've never met, I've communicated with
him thru RADP many times over the years.

Steve S.

Re: Steve Russo

<1c32e73e-ee4f-4a74-8136-7dec89ee90e7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=390&group=rec.arts.disney.parks#390

Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 06:02:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: thefuzz...@gmail.com (thefuzzies@gmail.com)
 by: thefuzzies@gmail.com - Sat, 21 Aug 2021 13:02 UTC

On Saturday, August 21, 2021 at 7:26:26 AM UTC-4, Steve Soares wrote:
> On 8/20/2021 9:27 AM, Rudeney wrote:
> > As you may know, Steve was diagnosed with glioblastoma (brain cancer) in
> > May 2017. Here's his story about it:
> >
> > https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.disney.parks/c/_EbqEDpLX4Y/m/VdqTVuxFAwAJ
> >

> > After fight9ng this for over fours years, Steve lost his battle with
> > cancer. His wife Barb said he passed last night and is now at peace.
> >
> > Up until about April, he was still able to communicate, though his
> > attention span grew shorter over the years. He and I had been playing
> > Words with Friends for many years and he was still able to kick my butt..
> > Over the last four months, he finally lost his ability to communicate.
> > Being someone who likes to "talk" almost as much as me, I am sure that
> > was very hard on him.
> >
> > I am so sad that Steve is gone. I have lost another very good friend. I
> > am glad, though, that his struggles are over.
> >

> I'm sorry to hear that! Although we've never met, I've communicated with
> him thru RADP many times over the years.
>
> Steve S.
Hadn't looked in on this group for a long time and had a notion to check in and see what was up last week, specifically to see whether Steve was still active. Saw the browser tab open today and was about to close it but thought I'd take a quick peek. Steve seemed to have a great life besides the illness (don't we all online). The love of family was obvious and genuine. Maybe now I'll get around to reading his book.

Re: Steve Russo

<sfu255$ts5$1@rudeney.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=391&group=rec.arts.disney.parks#391

From: rude...@rudeney.com (Rudeney)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 12:39:49 -0500
 by: Rudeney - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 17:39 UTC

On 8/20/2021 8:27 AM, Rudeney wrote:

For those who didn't see it on Fakebook RADP...

https://www.danielkeenanfuneralhome.com/index.php/albany-funeral-home/obituaries-extended/russo_stephen_a?fbclid=IwAR37xhTpn_FF9jmgvuMWlJb-xVxOMXlGNMhyu3ezRge3O5iC_DvywHkVlbA

--

- RODNEY

Next WDW Vacation?
Who knows!

Need to know more about RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks)?

http://www.radp.org
http://allears.net/btp/radp_bk.htm
http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

Are you still accessing RADP via Google? Why?
Get instructions on how to access to the "real"
RADP Usenet Group here:

http://meets.radp.org/usenet.htm

Re: Steve Russo

<sfui9m$dp7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=392&group=rec.arts.disney.parks#392

From: Xdeanwor...@gmail.com (Dean Worrell)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 17:15:02 -0500
 by: Dean Worrell - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 22:15 UTC

On 8/20/2021 8:27 AM, Rudeney wrote:
> As you may know, Steve was diagnosed with glioblastoma (brain cancer) in
> May 2017.  Here's his story about it:
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.disney.parks/c/_EbqEDpLX4Y/m/VdqTVuxFAwAJ
>

> After fight9ng this for over fours years, Steve lost his battle with
> cancer.  His wife Barb said he passed last night and is now at peace.
>
> Up until about April, he was still able to communicate, though his
> attention span grew shorter over the years.  He and I had been playing
> Words with Friends for many years and he was still able to kick my butt.
>  Over the last four months, he finally lost his ability to communicate.
>  Being someone who likes to "talk" almost as much as me, I am sure that
> was very hard on him.
>
> I am so sad that Steve is gone.  I have lost another very good friend. I
> am glad, though, that his struggles are over.

I don't post very often, but I have read probably every trip report that
Steve has posted over the years and enjoyed them all. I am very sorry
to here about his passing, but, unfortunately, I'm not shocked about the
news.

RIP Steve!

--
Dean in Peoria
(remove the Xs to email)

Re: Steve Russo

<3b95bbfe-2395-48a2-af64-1f85e7778540n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=393&group=rec.arts.disney.parks#393

Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 04:54:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: steve...@gmail.com (Steve Denham)
 by: Steve Denham - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 11:54 UTC

All I can do is quote the best line in "Forrest Gump".

Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks.

I was so proud to become the "other Steve," and now I have to thank Steve Soares, so that I can remain the "other Steve.'

Steve Denham
TDC Barbie Headhunter

Re: Steve Russo

<sg02og$1fp$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=394&group=rec.arts.disney.parks#394

From: hos...@wdwent.com (Steve Soares)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 08:02:25 -0400
 by: Steve Soares - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 12:02 UTC

On 8/23/2021 7:54 AM, Steve Denham wrote:
> All I can do is quote the best line in "Forrest Gump".
>
> Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks.
>
> I was so proud to become the "other Steve," and now I have to thank Steve Soares, so that I can remain the "other Steve.'
>
> Steve Denham
> TDC Barbie Headhunter

Hey "other Steve". I usually sign "Steve S." so I'm not confused with
any other Steve.

Steve S.

see?

arts / rec.arts.disney.parks / Re: Steve Russo