From: ricky...@earthlink.net (Ricardo Jimenez)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Subject: Prokofiev's Demonic Opera
Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:15:59 -0400
 by: Ricardo Jimenez - Fri, 6 May 2022 17:15 UTC

I have several times tried to listen to Prokofiev's Symphony 3 but
have found it just a bundle of noise. However , I just watched and
listened to the source, "The Fiery Angel" and in context, the music is
fascinating. The excellent Naxos blu-ray was of a performance by the
Teatro dell'opera di Roma with conductor Alejo Pérez. It is based on
a novel telling a true story of a woman who is sure she has been
having a sexual affair with an angel/devil named Madiel. The
presentation was spooky like a Hollywood movie about demonic
possession. It also had comic elements like a guest appearance of
Faust and Mephistopheles in a tavern. The apparition of the angel was
played by a fabulous gymnast who constantly bounced around, standing
on one hand then the other and twirling around. For me, he was on of
the best performers but unfortunately his name was not given in the
credits on the film or case. The audience cheered him lustily at the
end as much as for the great Ewa Vesin who played Renata, about whom
the whole opera revolved.

Re: Prokofiev's Demonic Opera

<098cf3ca-262c-4c27-9091-47c10e379d9dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=39535&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#39535

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 18:34:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Prokofiev's Demonic Opera
From: lhke...@gmail.com (MickeyBoy)
 by: MickeyBoy - Sat, 7 May 2022 01:34 UTC

On Friday, May 6, 2022 at 12:16:08 PM UTC-5, Ricardo Jimenez wrote:
> I have several times tried to listen to Prokofiev's Symphony 3 but
> have found it just a bundle of noise. However , I just watched and
> listened to the source, "The Fiery Angel" and in context, the music is
> fascinating. The excellent Naxos blu-ray was of a performance by the
> Teatro dell'opera di Roma with conductor Alejo Pérez. It is based on
> a novel telling a true story of a woman who is sure she has been
> having a sexual affair with an angel/devil named Madiel. The
> presentation was spooky like a Hollywood movie about demonic
> possession. It also had comic elements like a guest appearance of
> Faust and Mephistopheles in a tavern. The apparition of the angel was
> played by a fabulous gymnast who constantly bounced around, standing
> on one hand then the other and twirling around. For me, he was on of
> the best performers but unfortunately his name was not given in the
> credits on the film or case. The audience cheered him lustily at the
> end as much as for the great Ewa Vesin who played Renata, about whom
> the whole opera revolved.

Where did you get this BD? Presto only has a DVD and Amazon nil.

Re: Prokofiev's Demonic Opera

<96kb7h95r745g2sqg7vr8r5i30m43imd17@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=39536&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#39536

From: ricky...@earthlink.net (Ricardo Jimenez)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 21:53:09 -0400
 by: Ricardo Jimenez - Sat, 7 May 2022 01:53 UTC

On Fri, 6 May 2022 18:34:20 -0700 (PDT), MickeyBoy <lhkevil@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Friday, May 6, 2022 at 12:16:08 PM UTC-5, Ricardo Jimenez wrote:
>> I have several times tried to listen to Prokofiev's Symphony 3 but
>> have found it just a bundle of noise. However , I just watched and
>> listened to the source, "The Fiery Angel" and in context, the music is
>> fascinating. The excellent Naxos blu-ray was of a performance by the
>> Teatro dell'opera di Roma with conductor Alejo Pérez. It is based on
>> a novel telling a true story of a woman who is sure she has been
>> having a sexual affair with an angel/devil named Madiel. The
>> presentation was spooky like a Hollywood movie about demonic
>> possession. It also had comic elements like a guest appearance of
>> Faust and Mephistopheles in a tavern. The apparition of the angel was
>> played by a fabulous gymnast who constantly bounced around, standing
>> on one hand then the other and twirling around. For me, he was on of
>> the best performers but unfortunately his name was not given in the
>> credits on the film or case. The audience cheered him lustily at the
>> end as much as for the great Ewa Vesin who played Renata, about whom
>> the whole opera revolved.
>
>Where did you get this BD? Presto only has a DVD and Amazon nil.

deepdiscount.com