Sin has many tools, but a lie is the handle which fits them all.

arts / rec.music.classical.recordings / Anyone using Medici TV or Marquee TV to stream videos of concerts or operas?

SubjectAuthor
* Anyone using Medici TV or Marquee TV to stream videos of concerts orNotsure01
+* Re: Anyone using Medici TV or Marquee TV to stream videos of concerts or operas?MELMOTH
|`- Re: Anyone using Medici TV or Marquee TV to stream videos of concertsAndrew Clarke
`- Re: Anyone using Medici TV or Marquee TV to stream videos of concerts or operas?MELMOTH

1
Anyone using Medici TV or Marquee TV to stream videos of concerts or operas?

<t5fij7$sn0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=39650&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#39650

From: docduc1...@aol.com (Notsure01)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Subject: Anyone using Medici TV or Marquee TV to stream videos of concerts or
operas?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 01:46:15 -0400
 by: Notsure01 - Wed, 11 May 2022 05:46 UTC

I’ve been a collector of CDs, LPs, cassettes, etc, for decades but had
never really been interested in DVDs of concerts or operas. Now of
course, with the ready availability of music on Youtube I’ve found
myself watching videos more and more, and appreciating them.

Great as it is to have access to so much, on Youtube the video and audio
quality varies enormously and I would have to pay anyway to avoid
commercials, so I recently subscribed to Met Opera on demand, and have
found the quality to be great and most of the performances to be enjoyable.

I’ve now been looking for a service that has concerts, including chamber
works, piano, orchestral, and a greater variety of operas, and am
wondering if any folks here have one they can recommend?

I’ve considered https://www.medici.tv and https://www.marquee.tv — but
I’d also be very grateful for any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Re: Anyone using Medici TV or Marquee TV to stream videos of concerts or operas?

<627b619b$0$24787$426a34cc@news.free.fr>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=39651&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#39651

Subject: Re: Anyone using Medici TV or Marquee TV to stream videos of concerts or operas?
From: theom...@free.fr (MELMOTH)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 09:11:22 +0200
 by: MELMOTH - Wed, 11 May 2022 07:11 UTC

Notsure01 avait écrit le 11/05/2022 :
> I’ve considered https://www.medici.tv and https://www.marquee.tv — but I’d
> also be very grateful for any other suggestions.

https://www.arte.tv/fr/arte-concert/

Re: Anyone using Medici TV or Marquee TV to stream videos of concerts or operas?

<627b6219$0$26326$426a34cc@news.free.fr>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=39652&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#39652

From: theom...@free.fr (MELMOTH)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 09:13:28 +0200
 by: MELMOTH - Wed, 11 May 2022 07:13 UTC

Notsure01 a utilisé son clavier pour écrire :
> I’ve considered https://www.medici.tv and https://www.marquee.tv — but I’d
> also be very grateful for any other suggestions.

https://www.arte.tv/en/arte-concert/

Re: Anyone using Medici TV or Marquee TV to stream videos of concerts or operas?

<217d93bd-5386-4ad4-b1c6-43971712fdaen@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=39716&group=rec.music.classical.recordings#39716

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 03:10:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Anyone using Medici TV or Marquee TV to stream videos of concerts
or operas?
From: andrewcl...@gmail.com (Andrew Clarke)
 by: Andrew Clarke - Fri, 13 May 2022 10:10 UTC

On Wednesday, May 11, 2022 at 5:11:27 PM UTC+10, MELMOTH wrote:
> Notsure01 avait écrit le 11/05/2022 :
> > I’ve considered https://www.medici.tv and https://www.marquee.tv — but I’d
> > also be very grateful for any other suggestions.
> https://www.arte.tv/fr/arte-concert/

Thank you Melmoth for this suggestion: I have just watched and heard three Lully motets from the Royal Chapel at Versailles. The name of the ensemble, which I am happy to say includes a serpent, is Les Epopees. Do they intend to outlast Les Siecles?

Andrew Clarke
Canberra