DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD, UNTIE!

arts / rec.arts.startrek.current / Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

SubjectAuthor
* Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnUbiquitous
+- Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnWolffan
+* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnLynn McGuire
|+* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Returnanim8rfsk
||`* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnA Friend
|| `* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnAdam H. Kerman
||  `* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnLynn McGuire
||   `* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Returnanim8rfsk
||    `* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnLynn McGuire
||     `* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Returnanim8rfsk
||      +* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnAdam H. Kerman
||      |`* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Returnanim8rfsk
||      | `* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnAdam H. Kerman
||      |  `* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Returnanim8rfsk
||      |   +* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnAdam H. Kerman
||      |   |`* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Returnanim8rfsk
||      |   | `* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnAdam H. Kerman
||      |   |  `- Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Returnanim8rfsk
||      |   +* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnBTR1701
||      |   |+* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Returnanim8rfsk
||      |   ||`* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnBTR1701
||      |   || `- Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Returnanim8rfsk
||      |   |`* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnNyssa
||      |   | `- Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Returnanim8rfsk
||      |   `* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnJ. Clarke
||      |    `- Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnLynn McGuire
||      `* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnLynn McGuire
||       `- Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Returnanim8rfsk
|+* Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnJ. Clarke
||`- Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|`- Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnAdam H. Kerman
`- Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q ReturnJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Pages:12
Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<Jd2dnRm1g67G8PD9nZ2dnUU7-UdQAAAA@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=24&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#24

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Subject: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 19:32:11 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 6 Apr 2021 23:32 UTC

Just revealed to kick off CBS� celebration of �First Contact Day��the
day Zefram Cochrane became the first human to achieve warp flight and
encounter the Vulcans in Star Trek: First Contact�Sir Patrick Stewart
debuted an early teaser for the currently filming second season of Star
Trek: Picard for Paramount+.

Although the trailer itself was light on new footage�mostly showing
empty shots of Chateau Picard in La Barre, France, as the revived
Picard discussed how life does not always grant you a second chance�the
teaser closes with another familiar voice: John DeLancie as the
omnipotent superbeing Q.

De Lancie briefly reprised his beloved Next Generation role in the
first season of the animated Star Trek: Lower Decks last year, but this
will mark his first live-action return to the role since Star Trek:
Voyager.

The second season of Picard is set to hit Paramount+ in 2022. For now,
check out a brief chat between Stewart and de Lancie below!

https://youtu.be/xk9F90wklRQ

--
Trump won

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<0001HW.261E1752035721A0700007C1A38F@news.supernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=25&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#25

Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 12:37:38 -0400
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.startrek.current
 by: Wolffan - Wed, 7 Apr 2021 16:37 UTC

On 2021 Apr06, Ubiquitous wrote
(in article<Jd2dnRm1g67G8PD9nZ2dnUU7-UdQAAAA@giganews.com>):

> Just revealed to kick off CBS’ celebration of “First Contact Day”—the
> day Zefram Cochrane became the first human to achieve warp flight and
> encounter the Vulcans in Star Trek: First Contact—Sir Patrick Stewart
> debuted an early teaser for the currently filming second season of Star
> Trek: Picard for Paramount+.
>
> Although the trailer itself was light on new footage—mostly showing
> empty shots of Chateau Picard in La Barre, France, as the revived
> Picard discussed how life does not always grant you a second chance—the
> teaser closes with another familiar voice: John DeLancie as the
> omnipotent superbeing Q.
>
> De Lancie briefly reprised his beloved

‘Beloved’? _Q_? ‘Beloved’? Really? Next they’ll be saying that the
Borg Queen was beloved...
> Next Generation role in the
> first season of the animated Star Trek: Lower Decks last year, but this
> will mark his first live-action return to the role since Star Trek:
> Voyager.
>
> The second season of Picard is set to hit Paramount+ in 2022. For now,
> check out a brief chat between Stewart and de Lancie below!
>
> https://youtu.be/xk9F90wklRQ
>
> De Lancie briefly reprised his beloved Next Generation role in the
> first season of the animated Star Trek: Lower Decks last year, but this
> will mark his first live-action return to the role since Star Trek:
> Voyager.

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<s4ksv8$d3b$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=26&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#26

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 13:17:09 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 7 Apr 2021 18:17 UTC

On 4/6/2021 6:32 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> Just revealed to kick off CBS’ celebration of “First Contact Day”—the
> day Zefram Cochrane became the first human to achieve warp flight and
> encounter the Vulcans in Star Trek: First Contact—Sir Patrick Stewart
> debuted an early teaser for the currently filming second season of Star
> Trek: Picard for Paramount+.
>
> Although the trailer itself was light on new footage—mostly showing
> empty shots of Chateau Picard in La Barre, France, as the revived
> Picard discussed how life does not always grant you a second chance—the
> teaser closes with another familiar voice: John DeLancie as the
> omnipotent superbeing Q.
>
> De Lancie briefly reprised his beloved Next Generation role in the
> first season of the animated Star Trek: Lower Decks last year, but this
> will mark his first live-action return to the role since Star Trek:
> Voyager.
>
> The second season of Picard is set to hit Paramount+ in 2022. For now,
> check out a brief chat between Stewart and de Lancie below!
>
> https://youtu.be/xk9F90wklRQ
>
> De Lancie briefly reprised his beloved Next Generation role in the
> first season of the animated Star Trek: Lower Decks last year, but this
> will mark his first live-action return to the role since Star Trek:
> Voyager.

“The true final frontier is time. The new season of “Star Trek: Picard”
is coming 2022, exclusively on Paramount+.”

No, no, no, no, no, no ! Yes, Q is back !

2022, are you freaking kidding me ? Lucille Ball would not approve of
stretching this out this far. For those who do not know, Lucille Ball
was the first CEO of Paramount when it was commonly known as DesilLu and
the first Star Trek series was shot on the stage next to “I Love Lucy”.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desilu_Productions

Lynn

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<XnsAD0575896C398taustingmail@85.12.62.232>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=27&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#27

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 11:33:15 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Wed, 7 Apr 2021 18:33 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in

> De Lancie briefly reprised his beloved Next Generation role

Beloved? Q is one of the most annoying, pointless characters I have
ever seen in any television show that I have ever watched. Nearly as
annoying as Will Ferrel in Elf. Q is the biggest reason I stopped
watching TNG.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<533487606.639514061.301222.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=28&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#28

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 11:54:54 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 7 Apr 2021 18:54 UTC

Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/6/2021 6:32 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> Just revealed to kick off CBS’ celebration of “First Contact Day”—the
>> day Zefram Cochrane became the first human to achieve warp flight and
>> encounter the Vulcans in Star Trek: First Contact—Sir Patrick Stewart
>> debuted an early teaser for the currently filming second season of Star
>> Trek: Picard for Paramount+.
>>
>> Although the trailer itself was light on new footage—mostly showing
>> empty shots of Chateau Picard in La Barre, France, as the revived
>> Picard discussed how life does not always grant you a second chance—the
>> teaser closes with another familiar voice: John DeLancie as the
>> omnipotent superbeing Q.
>>
>> De Lancie briefly reprised his beloved Next Generation role in the
>> first season of the animated Star Trek: Lower Decks last year, but this
>> will mark his first live-action return to the role since Star Trek:
>> Voyager.
>>
>> The second season of Picard is set to hit Paramount+ in 2022. For now,
>> check out a brief chat between Stewart and de Lancie below!
>>
>> https://youtu.be/xk9F90wklRQ
>>
>> De Lancie briefly reprised his beloved Next Generation role in the
>> first season of the animated Star Trek: Lower Decks last year, but this
>> will mark his first live-action return to the role since Star Trek:
>> Voyager.
>
> “The true final frontier is time. The new season of “Star Trek: Picard”
> is coming 2022, exclusively on Paramount+.”
>
> No, no, no, no, no, no ! Yes, Q is back !
>
> 2022, are you freaking kidding me ? Lucille Ball would not approve of
> stretching this out this far. For those who do not know, Lucille Ball
> was the first CEO of Paramount when it was commonly known as DesilLu and
> the first Star Trek series was shot on the stage next to “I Love Lucy”.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desilu_Productions
>
> Lynn

I LOVE LUCY went off the air in 1957, almost 10 years before Star Trek TOS
began.

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<070420211512567533%nope@noway.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=29&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#29

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 15:12:56 -0400
 by: A Friend - Wed, 7 Apr 2021 19:12 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 4/6/2021 6:32 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> >> Just revealed to kick off CBS¹ celebration of ³First Contact Day²‹the
> >> day Zefram Cochrane became the first human to achieve warp flight and
> >> encounter the Vulcans in Star Trek: First Contact‹Sir Patrick Stewart
> >> debuted an early teaser for the currently filming second season of Star
> >> Trek: Picard for Paramount+.
> >>
> >> Although the trailer itself was light on new footage‹mostly showing
> >> empty shots of Chateau Picard in La Barre, France, as the revived
> >> Picard discussed how life does not always grant you a second chance‹the
> >> teaser closes with another familiar voice: John DeLancie as the
> >> omnipotent superbeing Q.
> >>
> >> De Lancie briefly reprised his beloved Next Generation role in the
> >> first season of the animated Star Trek: Lower Decks last year, but this
> >> will mark his first live-action return to the role since Star Trek:
> >> Voyager.
> >>
> >> The second season of Picard is set to hit Paramount+ in 2022. For now,
> >> check out a brief chat between Stewart and de Lancie below!
> >>
> >> https://youtu.be/xk9F90wklRQ
> >>
> >> De Lancie briefly reprised his beloved Next Generation role in the
> >> first season of the animated Star Trek: Lower Decks last year, but this
> >> will mark his first live-action return to the role since Star Trek:
> >> Voyager.
> >
> > ³The true final frontier is time. The new season of ³Star Trek: Picard²
> > is coming 2022, exclusively on Paramount+.²
> >
> > No, no, no, no, no, no ! Yes, Q is back !
> >
> > 2022, are you freaking kidding me ? Lucille Ball would not approve of
> > stretching this out this far. For those who do not know, Lucille Ball
> > was the first CEO of Paramount when it was commonly known as DesilLu and
> > the first Star Trek series was shot on the stage next to ³I Love Lucy².
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desilu_Productions
> >
> > Lynn
> >

> I LOVE LUCY went off the air in 1957, almost 10 years before Star Trek TOS
> began.

I think they meant Here's Lucy or one of those endless Lucy retreads.

BTW Lucy bought Desi out of Desilu in 1962 for $2.5 mil. She sold her
stake to Paramount six years later for $17 million.

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<8k6s6g5q9fnanijtu33tvv0k5gkuo1ctj3@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=30&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#30

From: jclarke....@gmail.com (J. Clarke)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 17:21:25 -0400
 by: J. Clarke - Wed, 7 Apr 2021 21:21 UTC

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 13:17:09 -0500, Lynn McGuire
<lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 4/6/2021 6:32 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> Just revealed to kick off CBS’ celebration of “First Contact Day”—the
>> day Zefram Cochrane became the first human to achieve warp flight and
>> encounter the Vulcans in Star Trek: First Contact—Sir Patrick Stewart
>> debuted an early teaser for the currently filming second season of Star
>> Trek: Picard for Paramount+.
>>
>> Although the trailer itself was light on new footage—mostly showing
>> empty shots of Chateau Picard in La Barre, France, as the revived
>> Picard discussed how life does not always grant you a second chance—the
>> teaser closes with another familiar voice: John DeLancie as the
>> omnipotent superbeing Q.
>>
>> De Lancie briefly reprised his beloved Next Generation role in the
>> first season of the animated Star Trek: Lower Decks last year, but this
>> will mark his first live-action return to the role since Star Trek:
>> Voyager.
>>
>> The second season of Picard is set to hit Paramount+ in 2022. For now,
>> check out a brief chat between Stewart and de Lancie below!
>>
>> https://youtu.be/xk9F90wklRQ
>>
>> De Lancie briefly reprised his beloved Next Generation role in the
>> first season of the animated Star Trek: Lower Decks last year, but this
>> will mark his first live-action return to the role since Star Trek:
>> Voyager.
>
>“The true final frontier is time. The new season of “Star Trek: Picard”
>is coming 2022, exclusively on Paramount+.”
>
>No, no, no, no, no, no ! Yes, Q is back !
>
>2022, are you freaking kidding me ? Lucille Ball would not approve of
>stretching this out this far. For those who do not know, Lucille Ball
>was the first CEO of Paramount when it was commonly known as DesilLu and
>the first Star Trek series was shot on the stage next to “I Love Lucy”.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desilu_Productions

Check again. Paramount was Paramount and DesiLu was DesiLu until
1968. Paramount was started in 1914, Desilu in 1950. And Paramount
was a major studio from the start.

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<XnsAD0599D0CBE63taustingmail@85.12.62.245>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=31&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#31

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 15:07:14 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Wed, 7 Apr 2021 22:07 UTC

J. Clarke <jclarke.873638@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 13:17:09 -0500, Lynn McGuire
> <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On 4/6/2021 6:32 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>>> Just revealed to kick off CBS’ celebration of “First
>>> Contact Day”—the day Zefram Cochrane became the first
>>> human to achieve warp flight and encounter the Vulcans in Star
>>> Trek: First Contact—Sir Patrick Stewart debuted an early
>>> teaser for the currently filming second season of Star Trek:
>>> Picard for Paramount+.
>>>
>>> Although the trailer itself was light on new footage—mostly
>>> showing empty shots of Chateau Picard in La Barre, France, as
>>> the revived Picard discussed how life does not always grant
>>> you a second chance—the teaser closes with another familiar
>>> voice: John DeLancie as the omnipotent superbeing Q.
>>>
>>> De Lancie briefly reprised his beloved Next Generation role in
>>> the first season of the animated Star Trek: Lower Decks last
>>> year, but this will mark his first live-action return to the
>>> role since Star Trek: Voyager.
>>>
>>> The second season of Picard is set to hit Paramount+ in 2022.
>>> For now, check out a brief chat between Stewart and de Lancie
>>> below!
>>>
>>> https://youtu.be/xk9F90wklRQ
>>>
>>> De Lancie briefly reprised his beloved Next Generation role in
>>> the first season of the animated Star Trek: Lower Decks last
>>> year, but this will mark his first live-action return to the
>>> role since Star Trek: Voyager.
>>
>>“The true final frontier is time. The new season of “Star
>>Trek: Picard” is coming 2022, exclusively on Paramount+.”
>>
>>No, no, no, no, no, no ! Yes, Q is back !
>>
>>2022, are you freaking kidding me ? Lucille Ball would not
>>approve of stretching this out this far. For those who do not
>>know, Lucille Ball was the first CEO of Paramount when it was
>>commonly known as DesilLu and the first Star Trek series was
>>shot on the stage next to “I Love Lucy”.
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desilu_Productions
>
> Check again. Paramount was Paramount and DesiLu was DesiLu
> until 1968. Paramount was started in 1914, Desilu in 1950. And
> Paramount was a major studio from the start.

Star Trek, however, was a Desilu productio. (And Lucille Ball was a
real mover and shaker at the business end of television at a time
when girls weren't generally allowed in the tree house at all.)

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<s4lc0q$72h$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=32&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#32

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 22:34:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 7 Apr 2021 22:34 UTC

Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:

>. . .

>2022, are you freaking kidding me ? Lucille Ball would not approve of
>stretching this out this far. For those who do not know, Lucille Ball
>was the first CEO of Paramount when it was commonly known as DesilLu and
>the first Star Trek series was shot on the stage next to “I Love Lucy”.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desilu_Productions

One moment please.

Lucille Ball was NOT the first CEO of Paramount nor a Paramount executive
at any time. Paramount was one of the eight Hollywood major studios during
the 30s 40s and 50s. It had several ventures into early television and
did some television production in the 1950s but had no television
subsidiary when it bought out DesiLu.

DesiLu began as a production company only for I Love Lucy and rented its
studio space. Later, DesiLu bought out RKO facilities -- the main studio
in Hollywood and the former Pathe studio in Culver City -- and the 40
Acres back lot, also in Culver City. This gave them more studios for
production space than their competitors, mainly because they generally
weren't making movies.

A couple years after their divorce, Lucy bought out her ex-husband, so
THAT'S when she became the first woman to head a television studio.

Later, Lucy sold DesiLu to Paramount where it became Paramount
Television but Lucy was not an executive there.

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<s4lc6v$72h$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=33&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#33

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 22:37:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 7 Apr 2021 22:37 UTC

A Friend wrote:

>. . .

>BTW Lucy bought Desi out of Desilu in 1962 for $2.5 mil. She sold her
>stake to Paramount six years later for $17 million.

I doubt it was undervalued at the time, and maybe that was all the cash
she could raise. I'll guess that the value was set during divorce.

I'm not sure why he wanted out of the studio as he knew what he was doing
and we've always read that Lucy and Desi made excellent business partners
even if they couldn't maintain a marriage.

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<s4lcun$bn4$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=34&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#34

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 17:49:55 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 7 Apr 2021 22:49 UTC

On 4/7/2021 5:37 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> A Friend wrote:
>
>> . . .
>
>> BTW Lucy bought Desi out of Desilu in 1962 for $2.5 mil. She sold her
>> stake to Paramount six years later for $17 million.
>
> I doubt it was undervalued at the time, and maybe that was all the cash
> she could raise. I'll guess that the value was set during divorce.
>
> I'm not sure why he wanted out of the studio as he knew what he was doing
> and we've always read that Lucy and Desi made excellent business partners
> even if they couldn't maintain a marriage.

In her biography, she said that Desi was drinking to excess at the time
and she could not stand it any more.
https://www.amazon.com/Desilu-Story-Lucille-Ball-Arnaz/dp/0062020013/

She also talked about the excessive costs of the Star Trek episodes at
over $200,000 each. Way more than any other show that they were producing.

Lynn

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<90735034.639535555.907312.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=35&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#35

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 17:47:05 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 8 Apr 2021 00:47 UTC

Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/7/2021 5:37 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> A Friend wrote:
>>
>>> . . .
>>
>>> BTW Lucy bought Desi out of Desilu in 1962 for $2.5 mil. She sold her
>>> stake to Paramount six years later for $17 million.
>>
>> I doubt it was undervalued at the time, and maybe that was all the cash
>> she could raise. I'll guess that the value was set during divorce.
>>
>> I'm not sure why he wanted out of the studio as he knew what he was doing
>> and we've always read that Lucy and Desi made excellent business partners
>> even if they couldn't maintain a marriage.
>
> In her biography, she said that Desi was drinking to excess at the time
> and she could not stand it any more.
> https://www.amazon.com/Desilu-Story-Lucille-Ball-Arnaz/dp/0062020013/
>
> She also talked about the excessive costs of the Star Trek episodes at
> over $200,000 each. Way more than any other show that they were producing.
>
> Lynn

If she said that she would have been wrong.

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<s4lncl$9e0$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=36&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#36

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 20:48:03 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Thu, 8 Apr 2021 01:48 UTC

On 4/7/2021 7:47 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I doubt it was undervalued at the time, and maybe that was all the cash
>>> she could raise. I'll guess that the value was set during divorce.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure why he wanted out of the studio as he knew what he was doing
>>> and we've always read that Lucy and Desi made excellent business partners
>>> even if they couldn't maintain a marriage.
>>
>> In her biography, she said that Desi was drinking to excess at the time
>> and she could not stand it any more.
>> https://www.amazon.com/Desilu-Story-Lucille-Ball-Arnaz/dp/0062020013/
>>
>> She also talked about the excessive costs of the Star Trek episodes at
>> over $200,000 each. Way more than any other show that they were producing.
>>
>> Lynn
>>

> If she said that she would have been wrong.

So give me some facts.

Lynn

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<270327068.639540291.947934.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=37&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#37

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 19:07:21 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 8 Apr 2021 02:07 UTC

Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/7/2021 7:47 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> In her biography, she said that Desi was drinking to excess at the time
>>> and she could not stand it any more.
>>> https://www.amazon.com/Desilu-Story-Lucille-Ball-Arnaz/dp/0062020013/
>>>
>>> She also talked about the excessive costs of the Star Trek episodes at
>>> over $200,000 each. Way more than any other show that they were producing.
>>>
>>> Lynn
>>>

>> If she said that she would have been wrong.
>
> So give me some facts.
>
> Lynn

The pilots cost that much, but the production episodes were more like this,
and we’ve known these numbers all the way back to “the making of Star Trek”

Budget
Season one
$190,000 per episode
Season two
$185,000 per episode
Season three
$175,000 per episode

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<s4losk$um3$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=38&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#38

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 02:13:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 8 Apr 2021 02:13 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> If she said that she would have been wrong.
>>
>> So give me some facts.
>>
>> Lynn
>>

>The pilots cost that much, but the production episodes were more like this,
>and we’ve known these numbers all the way back to “the making of
>Star Trek”
>
>Budget
>Season one
>$190,000 per episode
>Season two
>$185,000 per episode
>Season three
>$175,000 per episode

I have no context. What would an hour-long drama like a hospital show
have cost at the time?

Too bad Star Trek had no value in second-run syndication.

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<674693527.639544711.278064.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=39&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#39

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 20:26:39 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 8 Apr 2021 03:26 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> So give me some facts.
>>>
>>> Lynn
>>>

>> The pilots cost that much, but the production episodes were more like this,
>> and we’ve known these numbers all the way back to “the making of
>> Star Trek”
>>
>> Budget
>> Season one
>> $190,000 per episode
>> Season two
>> $185,000 per episode
>> Season three
>> $175,000 per episode
>
> I have no context. What would an hour-long drama like a hospital show
> have cost at the time?
>
> Too bad Star Trek had no value in second-run syndication.

MeTV has an article about this. It’s wrong, but interesting. Star Trek just
about the cheapest thing on their:

https://www.metv.com/lists/8-of-the-most-expensive-tv-shows-made-in-the-1960s-and-70s

You’ll find more budgets in the comments

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<s4luc0$bb9$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=40&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#40

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 03:47:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 8 Apr 2021 03:47 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>producing.

>>> The pilots cost that much, but the production episodes were more like this,
>>> and we’ve known these numbers all the way back to “the making of
>>> Star Trek”
>>>
>>> Budget
>>> Season one
>>> $190,000 per episode
>>> Season two
>>> $185,000 per episode
>>> Season three
>>> $175,000 per episode
>>
>> I have no context. What would an hour-long drama like a hospital show
>> have cost at the time?
>>
>> Too bad Star Trek had no value in second-run syndication.

>MeTV has an article about this. It's wrong, but interesting. Star Trek just
>about the cheapest thing on their:

>https://www.metv.com/lists/8-of-the-most-expensive-tv-shows-made-in-the-1960s-and-70s

They spent $500,000 on the Time Tunnel pilot?

>You'll find more budgets in the comments

Were the budget numbers wrong or you're saying they left shows off the
list?

Yeah, Star Trek's budget in context isn't excessive, then. Lucy was
wrong.

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<357442841.639546672.030584.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=41&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#41

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 20:56:51 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 8 Apr 2021 03:56 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>> producing.

>>> I have no context. What would an hour-long drama like a hospital show
>>> have cost at the time?
>>>
>>> Too bad Star Trek had no value in second-run syndication.
>
>> MeTV has an article about this. It's wrong, but interesting. Star Trek just
>> about the cheapest thing on their:
>
>> https://www.metv.com/lists/8-of-the-most-expensive-tv-shows-made-in-the-1960s-and-70s
>
> They spent $500,000 on the Time Tunnel pilot?

This is embarrassing being that I run the time tunnel Facebook group but I
don’t know. I’ve heard big numbers for it, bigger than Star Trek, but never
that high. A quick Google search shows everybody using the half million
number, which is typical of Al Gore’s inter-web these days. Make a mistake
and everybody replicates it instantly..

>> You’ll find more budgets in the comments
>
> Were the budget numbers wrong or you’re saying they left shows off the
> list?

Well they’ve got Star Trek at $200,000 which was the number I objected do
in the first place. :-)

> Yeah, Star Trek’s budget in context isn’t excessive, then. Lucy was
> wrong.

I am not sure what else she was making during Star Trek’s first season. If
it was Andy of Mayberry then yeah that should be cheaper.

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<s4lvsf$me2$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=42&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#42

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 04:13:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 8 Apr 2021 04:13 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>was doing
>business partners

>>> producing.

>>> MeTV has an article about this. It's wrong, but interesting. Star Trek just
>>> about the cheapest thing on their:
>>

>https://www.metv.com/lists/8-of-the-most-expensive-tv-shows-made-in-the-1960s-and-70s
>>
>> They spent $500,000 on the Time Tunnel pilot?
>>

>This is embarrassing being that I run the time tunnel Facebook group but I
>don’t know. I’ve heard big numbers for it, bigger than Star Trek, but never
>that high. A quick Google search shows everybody using the half million
>number, which is typical of Al Gore’s inter-web these days. Make a mistake
>and everybody replicates it instantly..

Even if they charged all the sets built for the series to the pilot's
budget I'm just not seeing that number short of inventing the technology
itself.

>>> You’ll find more budgets in the comments
>>
>> Were the budget numbers wrong or you’re saying they left shows off the
>> list?
>
>Well they’ve got Star Trek at $200,000 which was the number I objected do
>in the first place. :-)
>

>> Yeah, Star Trek’s budget in context isn’t excessive, then. Lucy was
>> wrong.
>>

>I am not sure what else she was making during Star Trek’s first season. If
>it was Andy of Mayberry then yeah that should be cheaper.

The Andy Griffith Show was filmed on 40 Acres, the Culver City back lot.
It wasn't a Desilu production, just a studio tenant.

She also was a co-producer of Star Trek with Norway Productions. I have
no idea who they were. It's not like she was out all the cash.

Mannix and Mission: Impossible began as Desilu productions.

There's a not about The Lucy Show that Desilu produced Season 1 and half
of Season 6. I've never heard of a show going back to its original
studio.

I don't spot any other productions at the end.

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<atropos-08149F.21165807042021@news.giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#43

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!4.us.feeder.erje.net!2.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!news.uzoreto.com!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc2.netnews.com!feeder1.feed.usenet.farm!feed.usenet.farm!tr3.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 21:16:58 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 8 Apr 2021 04:16 UTC

In article
<357442841.639546672.030584.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> > They spent $500,000 on the Time Tunnel pilot?

> This is embarrassing being that I run the time tunnel Facebook group but I
> don’t know. I’ve heard big numbers for it, bigger than Star Trek, but never
> that high.

Well, they had John Williams writing the music for it. Of course that
was before he was the legend that he is now, so he was probably cheaper.
;-)

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<nu6t6g9kce4sjdkp06mpm8m9chlk4p86um@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=44&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#44

From: jclarke....@gmail.com (J. Clarke)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 02:00:58 -0400
 by: J. Clarke - Thu, 8 Apr 2021 06:00 UTC

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 20:56:51 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> producing.

>>> MeTV has an article about this. It's wrong, but interesting. Star Trek just
>>> about the cheapest thing on their:
>>
>>> https://www.metv.com/lists/8-of-the-most-expensive-tv-shows-made-in-the-1960s-and-70s
>>
>> They spent $500,000 on the Time Tunnel pilot?
>>

>This is embarrassing being that I run the time tunnel Facebook group but I
>don’t know. I’ve heard big numbers for it, bigger than Star Trek, but never
>that high. A quick Google search shows everybody using the half million
>number, which is typical of Al Gore’s inter-web these days. Make a mistake
>and everybody replicates it instantly..
>
>>> You’ll find more budgets in the comments
>>
>> Were the budget numbers wrong or you’re saying they left shows off the
>> list?
>
>Well they’ve got Star Trek at $200,000 which was the number I objected do
>in the first place. :-)
>

>> Yeah, Star Trek’s budget in context isn’t excessive, then. Lucy was
>> wrong.
>>

>I am not sure what else she was making during Star Trek’s first season. If
>it was Andy of Mayberry then yeah that should be cheaper.

Not a comprehensive list, but "The Lucy Show", "Mannix", and "Mission
Impossible" were in production at Desilu at that time.

>—
>“The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it’s still on my list.”

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<1487668129.639553591.968165.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=45&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#45

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 23:06:53 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 8 Apr 2021 06:06 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>> was doing
>> business partners

>> https://www.metv.com/lists/8-of-the-most-expensive-tv-shows-made-in-the-1960s-and-70s
>>>
>>> They spent $500,000 on the Time Tunnel pilot?
>>>

>> This is embarrassing being that I run the time tunnel Facebook group but I
>> don’t know. I’ve heard big numbers for it, bigger than Star Trek, but never
>> that high. A quick Google search shows everybody using the half million
>> number, which is typical of Al Gore’s inter-web these days. Make a mistake
>> and everybody replicates it instantly..
>
> Even if they charged all the sets built for the series to the pilot's
> budget I'm just not seeing that number short of inventing the technology
> itself.

They did. That’s where all the money in the pilot comes from, is building
the tunnel set and the 800 story complex and the location footage with the
helicopters in the private jets out in the desert.

The same thing happens with the pilots for Star Trek and lost in space.
They pay for all that production value for the series to follow. Lost in
space seriously rebuilt the Jupiter two though when they went into
production, but they made up for it with lots of FX footage to reuse in the
first several episodes. Star Trek got two bites at the apple with its two
pilots. They used the second pilot budget to add lights to the 11 foot
enterprise model (which only appears in one scene in the first pilot!).

>>> Were the budget numbers wrong or you’re saying they left shows off the
>>> list?
>>
>> Well they’ve got Star Trek at $200,000 which was the number I objected do
>> in the first place. :-)
>>

>>> Yeah, Star Trek’s budget in context isn’t excessive, then. Lucy was
>>> wrong.
>>>

>> I am not sure what else she was making during Star Trek’s first season. If
>> it was Andy of Mayberry then yeah that should be cheaper.
>
> The Andy Griffith Show was filmed on 40 Acres, the Culver City back lot.
> It wasn't a Desilu production, just a studio tenant.
>
> She also was a co-producer of Star Trek with Norway Productions. I have
> no idea who they were. It's not like she was out all the cash.

Norway is Gene Roddenberry.

> Mannix and Mission: Impossible began as Desilu productions.
>
> There's a not about The Lucy Show that Desilu produced Season 1 and half
> of Season 6. I've never heard of a show going back to its original
> studio.
>
> I don't spot any other productions at the end.

Star Trek season one carries the DesiLu logo; season two carries Paramont.
I assume Lucy’s statement came during season one. And I have long since
given up on trying to teach my spellchecker to spell Paramont I correctly.
It actually was correct right there and just forced itself back to being
wrong as I watched. Maybe if I say Paramont studios?
Son of a gun no. It spelled the first word correctly and capitalized the
second word and when I hit line return went in and changed both to be
wrong.

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<86142082.639554377.660109.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=46&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#46

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 23:06:54 -0700

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <357442841.639546672.030584.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>>> They spent $500,000 on the Time Tunnel pilot?
>
>> This is embarrassing being that I run the time tunnel Facebook group but I
>> don’t know. I’ve heard big numbers for it, bigger than Star Trek, but never
>> that high.
>
> Well, they had John Williams writing the music for it. Of course that
> was before he was the legend that he is now, so he was probably cheaper.
> ;-)

It occurs to me you’d probably be interested that La La Land records just
put out the three CD set of volume one of the time tunnel music. Volume two
will be the John Williams collection.

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<s4n23h$jb$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=47&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#47

Followup: rec.arts.tv
From: Nys...@LogicalInsight.net (Nyssa)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 09:55:38 -0400
 by: Nyssa - Thu, 8 Apr 2021 13:55 UTC

BTR1701 wrote:

> In article
> <357442841.639546672.030584.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> > They spent $500,000 on the Time Tunnel pilot?
>
>> This is embarrassing being that I run the time tunnel
>> Facebook group but I don’t know. I’ve heard big
>> numbers for it, bigger than Star Trek, but never that
>> high.
>
> Well, they had John Williams writing the music for it. Of
> course that was before he was the legend that he is now,
> so he was probably cheaper. ;-)

I've got a 45 rpm (small vinyl music disk youngsters
may not recognize) promotional record of the theme from
the TV series "Checkmate" handed out as PR to radio
stations back in the olden days. Name on the label says
it's by Johnny Williams.

That may have been his first composition for film or
TV. Anyone know of an earlier one?

Nyssa, who knows more about Baroque era composers than
20th century ones

Nyssa,

Re: Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Will See John de Lancie's Q Return

<s4n3bs$bck$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=48&group=rec.arts.startrek.current#48

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 14:18:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 8 Apr 2021 14:18 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>>Well they’ve got Star Trek at $200,000 which was the number I objected do
>>>in the first place. :-)

>>>I am not sure what else she was making during Star Trek’s first season. If
>>>it was Andy of Mayberry then yeah that should be cheaper.

>>The Andy Griffith Show was filmed on 40 Acres, the Culver City back lot.
>>It wasn't a Desilu production, just a studio tenant.

>>She also was a co-producer of Star Trek with Norway Productions. I have
>>no idea who they were. It's not like she was out all the cash.

>Norway is Gene Roddenberry.

Waitaminit. I never read that Roddenberry had cash at risk. Did he?

Maybe Lucy did put up the entire budget.

>>Mannix and Mission: Impossible began as Desilu productions.

>>There's a not about The Lucy Show that Desilu produced Season 1 and half
>>of Season 6. I've never heard of a show going back to its original
>>studio.

>>I don't spot any other productions at the end.

>Star Trek season one carries the DesiLu logo; season two carries Paramont.
>I assume Lucy’s statement came during season one.

I recall that the logo changed after Paramount bought out Desilu, but I
don't recall seeing a Desilu logo on first season Mannix nor Mission:
Impossible. I'll have to watch for it.

>And I have long since
>given up on trying to teach my spellchecker to spell Paramont I correctly.
>It actually was correct right there and just forced itself back to being
>wrong as I watched. Maybe if I say Paramont studios?
>Son of a gun no. It spelled the first word correctly and capitalized the
>second word and when I hit line return went in and changed both to be
>wrong.

Dude: Your spell checker is evil and in league with your DVR.