"The Schizophrenic: An Unauthorized Autobiography"

arts / rec.music.beatles / Re: AI essay on the Beatles again.

SubjectAuthor
* AI essay on the Beatles again.Laughing Jaw
`* Re: AI essay on the Beatles again.RJKe...@yahoo.com
 `- Re: AI essay on the Beatles again.Laughing Jaw

1
AI essay on the Beatles again.

<5964ca0d-4bb5-453a-a464-6849052211abn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4075&group=rec.music.beatles#4075

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 22:43:06 -0800 (PST)
Subject: AI essay on the Beatles again.
From: jawi...@yahoo.com (Laughing Jaw)
 by: Laughing Jaw - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 06:43 UTC

This time I used Open-AI and their GPT-3 engine. A better engine.

I asked it to write an essay on the importance of the Beatles in the 20th Century and how their influence might extend well into the late 21st century..

Impressive results as far as structure and veracity, I guess. But I don’t see any real insights at all:

===========================
The Beatles are one of the most influential bands of the 20th century and their influence has extended well into the late 21st century. The Beatles were a British rock band formed in Liverpool in 1960 and are widely regarded as the most successful and influential band in modern music history. They are credited with popularizing rock and roll, and their influence on popular culture is still felt today.

The Beatles revolutionized the music industry in the 1960s with their unique sound and style. Their music was a combination of rock, pop, and folk music, and their lyrics often explored themes of love, peace, and social change. The Beatles were also known for their innovative recording techniques, which included the use of multi-track recording and overdubbing. Their music was a major influence on the development of rock and roll and the popular music of the era.

The Beatles also had a major influence on fashion, art, and culture in the 1960s. Their style and fashion choices were often copied by fans, and their music was used in films and television shows. The Beatles were also a major influence on the counterculture movement of the 1960s, and their music was often seen as a symbol of rebellion and social change.

The Beatles’ influence has extended well into the late 21st century.. Their music is still popular today, and their influence can be seen in the music of many modern bands. The Beatles’ influence can also be seen in the fashion, art, and culture of today. The Beatles’ music is often used in films and television shows, and their influence can be seen in the music of many modern artists.

The Beatles’ influence on popular culture is undeniable. Their music and style revolutionized the music industry in the 1960s and their influence can still be seen today. The Beatles’ influence has extended well into the late 21st century and their music is still popular today. The Beatles’ influence on popular culture is undeniable and their influence will continue to be felt for many years to come.

Re: AI essay on the Beatles again.

<c36c92f5-7049-48ae-89f6-9766e02a7927n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4086&group=rec.music.beatles#4086

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 10:11:34 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: AI essay on the Beatles again.
From: RJKel...@yahoo.com (RJKe...@yahoo.com)
 by: RJKe...@yahoo.com - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 18:11 UTC

On Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 1:43:08 AM UTC-5, Laughing Jaw wrote:
> This time I used Open-AI and their GPT-3 engine. A better engine.
>
> I asked it to write an essay on the importance of the Beatles in the 20th Century and how their influence might extend well into the late 21st century.
>
> Impressive results as far as structure and veracity, I guess. But I don’t see any real insights at all:
>
> ============================
>
> The Beatles are one of the most influential bands of the 20th century and their influence has extended well into the late 21st century. The Beatles were a British rock band formed in Liverpool in 1960 and are widely regarded as the most successful and influential band in modern music history. They are credited with popularizing rock and roll, and their influence on popular culture is still felt today.
>
> The Beatles revolutionized the music industry in the 1960s with their unique sound and style. Their music was a combination of rock, pop, and folk music, and their lyrics often explored themes of love, peace, and social change. The Beatles were also known for their innovative recording techniques, which included the use of multi-track recording and overdubbing. Their music was a major influence on the development of rock and roll and the popular music of the era.
>
> The Beatles also had a major influence on fashion, art, and culture in the 1960s. Their style and fashion choices were often copied by fans, and their music was used in films and television shows. The Beatles were also a major influence on the counterculture movement of the 1960s, and their music was often seen as a symbol of rebellion and social change.
>
> The Beatles’ influence has extended well into the late 21st century. Their music is still popular today, and their influence can be seen in the music of many modern bands. The Beatles’ influence can also be seen in the fashion, art, and culture of today. The Beatles’ music is often used in films and television shows, and their influence can be seen in the music of many modern artists.
>
> The Beatles’ influence on popular culture is undeniable. Their music and style revolutionized the music industry in the 1960s and their influence can still be seen today. The Beatles’ influence has extended well into the late 21st century and their music is still popular today. The Beatles’ influence on popular culture is undeniable and their influence will continue to be felt for many years to come.

It's better than the earlier one, but weak on specifics. How did the Beatles influence fashion? Who are some contemporary examples of Beatles inspired musicians?

Re: AI essay on the Beatles again.

<f75516e3-2e81-4d34-9205-912571f89a15n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4087&group=rec.music.beatles#4087

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 16:28:06 -0800 (PST)
From: jawi...@yahoo.com (Laughing Jaw)
 by: Laughing Jaw - Sun, 18 Dec 2022 00:28 UTC

On Saturday, December 17, 2022 at 1:11:35 PM UTC-5, RJKe...@yahoo.com wrote:
> It's better than the earlier one, but weak on specifics. How did the Beatles influence
> fashion? Who are some contemporary examples of Beatles inspired musicians?

Yes, you’re right. I had greater hopes for this engine because I asked it to compare two novels and write an essay on the similarity of their themes and plot lines and also their differences. It did a truly impressive job of it. So, I thought I might get more.

It may depend on how the question is asked. I haven’t spent any time thinking of how the question might be altered.