Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 15:25:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Black Roritchi Hasn't Broken, And I Don't Know Why
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Thu, 6 May 2021 22:25 UTC

Just like with Deep Cover, I've been putting poor Black Roritchi through his paces. I care about him substantially less than many other toys in my collection (he's arguably not a "real" character and I just got him so Black Zarak doesn't feel incomplete later), so it doesn't matter if I wear him out.

I don't understand the whole gold plastic thing. I mean, I'm aware that it happens, but I don't comprehend why. And, you know, it's not like these toys are fragile right out of the box. I used to own G1 Skyhammer and G1 Roadblock. I played with them like I would any other toy and I never had issues of any kind with them. I got G2 Slingshot and Electro when they were first released, and they both got transformed dozens of times. The plastic must break down chemically over time, or something.

I probably shouldn't have toys in my collection that I'm terrified to touch.. Indeed, I've still got my replacement Skyhammer here on the computer desk with me, when he should probably be encased in a block of carbonite or something. All it would take is one overweight cat misjudging a jump onto the computer desk, and he would be a very expensive pile of plastic shards.

You can tell Black Roritchi is made of slightly different stuff. His plastic is a browner shade of gold than what they used during G1, and it's not all swirly. Maybe he's not destined to turn into peanut brittle like the other toys do. I don't know.

Gold plastic toys are awful.

Zob (got the Revoltech C-3PO and R2-D2 at 50% off on Big Bad Toy Store for the May 4th "holiday")

Re: Black Roritchi Hasn't Broken, And I Don't Know Why

<d0a62f58-fc33-46e1-be5f-3842b0593009n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4231&group=alt.toys.transformers#4231

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 20:02:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Black Roritchi Hasn't Broken, And I Don't Know Why
From: codigopo...@gmail.com (Codigo Postal)
 by: Codigo Postal - Fri, 7 May 2021 03:02 UTC

On Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 6:25:43 PM UTC-4, Zobovor wrote:
> Just like with Deep Cover, I've been putting poor Black Roritchi through his paces. I care about him substantially less than many other toys in my collection (he's arguably not a "real" character and I just got him so Black Zarak doesn't feel incomplete later), so it doesn't matter if I wear him out.
>
> I don't understand the whole gold plastic thing. I mean, I'm aware that it happens, but I don't comprehend why. And, you know, it's not like these toys are fragile right out of the box. I used to own G1 Skyhammer and G1 Roadblock. I played with them like I would any other toy and I never had issues of any kind with them. I got G2 Slingshot and Electro when they were first released, and they both got transformed dozens of times. The plastic must break down chemically over time, or something.
>
> I probably shouldn't have toys in my collection that I'm terrified to touch. Indeed, I've still got my replacement Skyhammer here on the computer desk with me, when he should probably be encased in a block of carbonite or something. All it would take is one overweight cat misjudging a jump onto the computer desk, and he would be a very expensive pile of plastic shards.
>
> You can tell Black Roritchi is made of slightly different stuff.

Sterner stuff?

> Gold plastic toys are awful.

BW Grimlock crumbled in my hands as a child, and it didn't bother me one bit, even if he did cost me my allowance. A similar fate today would bother me a great deal more, despite a toy being eminently more affordable and far less important in the overall scheme of things.