From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Re: Need help with future TF music video of mine
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 06:54:22 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Sat, 15 May 2021 06:54 UTC

Rodimus_2316 <rodimus2316@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure if you all have heard of it, but awhile back I (and another
> person with a script) created a music video for TFTM:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v -5ba_M4HY
>
> After I put it up, it was up there for awhile, then was "blocked in this
> country", then was brought back, as you can see. Not sure why/how that
> happened, but I have 5 more planned for just my webspace posting, just to
> be safe (busy with a non-TF online video project at the moment), and
> already know what songs I want to use, except for the last one. It's
> going to be a RiD (original) music video, I just don't know what song to
> use. Any suggestions? Any given I'll add to my possible-song list, and
> listen to them all and take awhile to decide, then credit all who sent
> song suggestions, and stating who suggested the used song (credits.txt in
> the .zip folder with the video).
>
> Thanks!
>

> - Rodimus_2316

The wrong time period, but I think something off Janelle Monae’s “Dirty
Computer” might be good. “Take A Byte” might work for something themed
around Kelly or Sky-Byte.

“Hobo Humpin’ Slobo Babe,” by Whale (1995) may be wildly inappropriate, but
it somehow seems dead on too.

I think it has to be a little over the top, because RID was a little over
the top. And when I think “over the top” there’s a few things I think of…
Tom Jones and cover songs.

“SexBomb” by Tom Jones is no “What’s New Pussycat?” But it has a fun beat,
and speaks to Sideburn’s personality. 1998 or so, but also timeless because
Tom Jones is something else.

But, it should be something that speaks to you, even if it bends RID in
ways it should not be bent. I might go with Natalie Merchant’s version of
“Which Side Are You On?” even if it means slowing things down, putting it
through a Sepia filter, and going a fake Ken Burns route. It’s probably a
terrible idea, worse than “Hobo Humpin’ Slobo Babe,” but I also think it
would be hysterical.