What we cannot speak about we must pass over in silence. -- Wittgenstein

arts / rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s / TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

SubjectAuthor
* TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953Roger
+* Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953Bruce
|`* Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953Bruce
| `* Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953Roger
|  `* Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953Bruce
|   `* Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953Bruce
|    +* Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953Roger
|    |+* Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953Bruce
|    ||`- Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953Roger
|    |`* Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953RWC
|    | `* Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953Roger
|    |  `* Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953Roger
|    |   `- Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953Bruce
|    `- Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953Playlist
+- Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953RWC
+- Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953Mark D.
+- Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953Playlist
+* Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953RWC
|`* Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953RWC
| `* Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953Bruce
|  `- Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953RWC
`* Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953DianeE
 `* Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953RWC
  `* Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953DianeE
   `* Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953Bruce
    `* Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953DianeE
     `- Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953Roger

Pages:12
TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<a3d0e2e07cd24051a435f6fcf1f2e5e9@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43122&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43122

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 05:42:30 +0000
Subject: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953
From: maria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Roger)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
 by: Roger - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 05:42 UTC

10 more obscurities chosen at random from my favorites lists

Today......from 1953

Lucky Joe Almond – Rock Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDU1IZU3lmU

Pioneer hillbilly bop from a mainstay of Lillian McMurry’s Trumpet label operating out of jackson, Mississippi.One of the smallest record companies of the era yet also one of the more important since Trumpet was the first home of both Sonny Boy Williamson and also Elmore James (as “Elmo James” with “Dust My Broom”). “Rock Me” was the first of three releases that Joe had on the label

Adapted from the original “Rockin’ With Red” by Wille Perryman aka Piano Red aka Doctor Feelgood “Rock Me” became something of a hillbilly anthem when Little Jimmy Dickens recorded his version for Columbia later in 1953.

The Ambassadors – Darling I’m Sorry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7axISfS3iE

Here’s The Ambassadors from Soprano-land---that is Newark,N.J with a very nice ballad “Darling I’m Sorry” on the Timely label (their initial release I believe). This is a really good double sider too with the rockin’ “Willa-Bea” on the flip. Sadly only issued on 78RPM but 45RPM copies were booted in later years

The Carols – Fifty Million Women
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaCc1BkytNk

Recorded in Detroit April 27 1953 the catchy bass-led “Fifty Million Women” was released by Savoy Records in Newark NJ

The Carols comprised Kenneth Duncan (ld tenor) William Davis (2nd tenor) Wilbert Tindle (baritone) Tommy Evans (bass) with Savoy’s own T.J “Wine Cooler” Fowler (pno),Dave Hamilton (gtr) Gene Taylor (bs) Clarence Stamps (dms)

Chicago Sunny Boy – Western Union Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6jaHO0MY-Q

Alias Joe Hill Louis,the one man band from Memphis puts in an appearance on Lester Bihari’s Meteor label (also out of Memphis) under the nickname “Chicago Sunny Boy” (possibly used as he may still have been under contact to Sam Phillips at Sun at this time)

The Five Blue Notes – Ooh Baby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-gYx-ZQ45Q

My favorite side on a really good double-sider (the flip being “My Gal Is Gone”) recorded for Chance Records in Chicago and released in December 1953 on their Sabre subsidiary.

The ever reliable Unca Marvy has a concise review and lists their work (plus their work under their original “Blue Jays” name here
https://www.uncamarvy.com/5BlueNotes/5bluenotes.html

The Five Thrills – Feel So Good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeUOvG4PDNo

Not to be confused with the later group of that name who also recorded on End as “The Uniques” these Five Thrills hailed from The Windy City itself. Signed to Al Benson’s famous Parrot label they came out in 1953 with one of my favorite records of that year “Feel So Good”.

Comprising Gilbert Warren (lead) Oscar Robinson & Fred Washington (baritones).Obie Washington (2nd ten) Lew Jenkins (piano) they hit the Chicago r&b airwaves in 1953 with the song that just happened to bear remarkable similarity to The Five Keys’ “Serve Another Round” (and what’s so bad about that?).They had just the one more record on Parrot in 1954----“Wee Wee Baby”/”Gloria

And then---as B.B. King used to nearly say—the Thrills is gone

Honeyboy – Bloodstains On The Wall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC-hDye0-Cw

Originally hailing from Fostoria Alabama,Frank Patt moved to Los Angeles in 1952 soon hooking up with pianist Gus Jenkins (a fellow Alabamian) cutting his first record for Art Rupe’s Specialty label “Bloodstains On The Wall” a really dark and atmospheric blues about a blood soaked murder. Chilling stuff indeed and one of my favorite blues records ever

Benny Leaders & Western Rangers – Hey Miss Fannie

Fresh from his stint backing Link Davis on the original “Big Mamou” Leaders here…um….leads his combo from Western Swing a lot more in the direction of rock ‘n roll on the small OK’ed label of Los Angeles as they become pioneers in the matter of white guys playing and singing in this “new” idiom soon to become super popular with white American youth.

And what better material to choose to do it with than a great recent Clovers r&b hit.

The Magic Tones – Cool Cool Baby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxvrdACuIQM&t=25s

Second ever release by Baltimore group The Magic Tones who comprised Joe “Rico” Reed (lead) Arthur “Boxy” Williams (tenor) James Williams (baritone) Willie “Ricky” Stokes (bass) Gene Hawkins (2nd tenor/guitar) for the King label in Cincinnati featuring a good rockin’ performance from the group punctuated by a pretty hot sax break. There’s a lot more on the group here in this Marv Goldberg writeup

https://www.uncamarvy.com/MagicTones/magictones.html

Moohah – All Shook Out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GME0J3N2PWc

Oddball answer record to the then enormous Faye Adams #1 r&b hit “Shake A Hand” by the long mysterious “Moohah”---generally reckoned to be the alias of D.J Mattis,radio station manager at WDIA in Memphis.

Mattis was probably instrumental in the operation of the tiny “Starmaker” label on which the “Moohah” record (78 only at the time) appears and had certainly been closely involved earlier in the setting up of the famous Duke label in Memphis---before being edged aside by erstwhile partner Don Robey of Houston. I can only trace two more releases on Starmaker.

In common with hundreds of other rarities on wax from this period the Moohah record was booted (this time on 45rpm) in the 70’s

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<115251fc853aa1a0a2c23da200ae3f60@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43124&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43124

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 06:17:32 +0000
Subject: Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953
From: savo...@aol.com (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
 by: Bruce - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 06:17 UTC

Roger wrote:

> 10 more obscurities chosen at random from my favorites lists

> Today......from 1953

> Lucky Joe Almond – Rock Me
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDU1IZU3lmU

> Pioneer hillbilly bop from a mainstay of Lillian McMurry’s Trumpet label operating out of jackson, Mississippi.One of the smallest record companies of the era yet also one of the more important since Trumpet was the first home of both Sonny Boy Williamson and also Elmore James (as “Elmo James” with “Dust My Broom”). “Rock Me” was the first of three releases that Joe had on the label

> Adapted from the original “Rockin’ With Red” by Wille Perryman aka Piano Red aka Doctor Feelgood “Rock Me” became something of a hillbilly anthem when Little Jimmy Dickens recorded his version for Columbia later in 1953.

Did not know it, worth keeping, although the piano break is hokey.

> The Ambassadors – Darling I’m Sorry
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7axISfS3iE

> Here’s The Ambassadors from Soprano-land---that is Newark,N.J with a very nice ballad “Darling I’m Sorry” on the Timely label (their initial release I believe). This is a really good double sider too with the rockin’ “Willa-Bea” on the flip. Sadly only issued on 78RPM but 45RPM copies were booted in later years

The video you used was posted by Diane's neighbor Richie. He is 4JUKEBOXSATURDAYNITE.

> The Carols – Fifty Million Women
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaCc1BkytNk

> Recorded in Detroit April 27 1953 the catchy bass-led “Fifty Million Women” was released by Savoy Records in Newark NJ

> The Carols comprised Kenneth Duncan (ld tenor) William Davis (2nd tenor) Wilbert Tindle (baritone) Tommy Evans (bass) with Savoy’s own T.J “Wine Cooler” Fowler (pno),Dave Hamilton (gtr) Gene Taylor (bs) Clarence Stamps (dms)

Tommy Evans was really good. Especially on "Suddenly There's A Valley" by the Drifters and on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWBgtkOra6g

> Chicago Sunny Boy – Western Union Man
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6jaHO0MY-Q

> Alias Joe Hill Louis,the one man band from Memphis puts in an appearance on Lester Bihari’s Meteor label (also out of Memphis) under the nickname “Chicago Sunny Boy” (possibly used as he may still have been under contact to Sam Phillips at Sun at this time)

Did not know it, another good one from him.

> The Five Blue Notes – Ooh Baby
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-gYx-ZQ45Q

> My favorite side on a really good double-sider (the flip being “My Gal Is Gone”) recorded for Chance Records in Chicago and released in December 1953 on their Sabre subsidiary.

Very good, but it doesn't beat the famous A side.

> The ever reliable Unca Marvy has a concise review and lists their work (plus their work under their original “Blue Jays” name here
> https://www.uncamarvy.com/5BlueNotes/5bluenotes.html

> The Five Thrills – Feel So Good
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeUOvG4PDNo

> Not to be confused with the later group of that name who also recorded on End as “The Uniques” these Five Thrills hailed from The Windy City itself. Signed to Al Benson’s famous Parrot label they came out in 1953 with one of my favorite records of that year “Feel So Good”.

Love it.

> Honeyboy – Bloodstains On The Wall
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC-hDye0-Cw

> Originally hailing from Fostoria Alabama,Frank Patt moved to Los Angeles in 1952 soon hooking up with pianist Gus Jenkins (a fellow Alabamian) cutting his first record for Art Rupe’s Specialty label “Bloodstains On The Wall” a really dark and atmospheric blues about a blood soaked murder. Chilling stuff indeed and one of my favorite blues records ever.

I had no idea what it was about, but it is a unique and excellent record.

> Benny Leaders & Western Rangers – Hey Miss Fannie

> Fresh from his stint backing Link Davis on the original “Big Mamou” Leaders here…um….leads his combo from Western Swing a lot more in the direction of rock ‘n roll on the small OK’ed label of Los Angeles as they become pioneers in the matter of white guys playing and singing in this “new” idiom soon to become super popular with white American youth.

> And what better material to choose to do it with than a great recent Clovers r&b hit.

Where's the link, there's more than one video on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veas1rYLnEg

> The Magic Tones – Cool Cool Baby
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxvrdACuIQM&t=25s

> Second ever release by Baltimore group The Magic Tones who comprised Joe “Rico” Reed (lead) Arthur “Boxy” Williams (tenor) James Williams (baritone) Willie “Ricky” Stokes (bass) Gene Hawkins (2nd tenor/guitar) for the King label in Cincinnati featuring a good rockin’ performance from the group punctuated by a pretty hot sax break. There’s a lot more on the group here in this Marv Goldberg writeup

> https://www.uncamarvy.com/MagicTones/magictones.html

Their ballads are well liked by the hard core collectors.

> Moohah – All Shook Out
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GME0J3N2PWc

> Oddball answer record to the then enormous Faye Adams #1 r&b hit “Shake A Hand” by the long mysterious “Moohah”---generally reckoned to be the alias of D.J Mattis, radio station manager at WDIA in Memphis.

> Mattis was probably instrumental in the operation of the tiny “Starmaker” label on which the “Moohah” record (78 only at the time) appears and had certainly been closely involved earlier in the setting up of the famous Duke label in Memphis---before being edged aside by erstwhile partner Don Robey of Houston. I can only trace two more releases on Starmaker.

> In common with hundreds of other rarities on wax from this period the Moohah record was booted (this time on 45rpm) in the 70’s

I had a real good copy of the 78, sold it for $50. Great record.

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<3bf59cea11835d1480ca5f9d4d723362@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43125&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43125

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 06:55:38 +0000
From: savo...@aol.com (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
 by: Bruce - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 06:55 UTC

Let's see what I can come up with for 1953.

As usual, with the record's ranking on my list from the year.

21 ¦ Just A Little Walk ¦ Bobby Marchan

https://youtu.be/4wV0s7BEguo?t=7

This might be the last 50s record That I did not discover until this century that became an instant 10.

62 ¦ Love Me Til Your Dying Day ¦ Muskateers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCrjiHTNpyE

They were also the Serenaders, from Detroit. The Sparrows Quartet did a great version with Sal Mondrone on lead. Here's a short concert appearance by them in 2008. They close with "Love Me To Your Dying Day."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3S9Yj-9B10

68 ¦ 5 O'Clock Blues ¦ Memphis Slim

Not well known, but a great side here from his days at United Records.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzrmr4-B3Fw

69 ¦ Cadillac Baby (unreleased master) ¦ Little Caeser

He had a big hit withy "Goodbye Baby" but this somehow went unissued back in '53.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2AQgxMdbVc

72 ¦ I Wanna Know ¦ Dolly Cooper

She covers the big hit by the Du Droppers, and to me it's much better than their version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNeORj68DLw

77 ¦ Dynaflow ¦ Caverliers

A real street record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7_MftvYOjQ

80 ¦ Rockin' At Midnight ¦ Five Thrills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KSdFwylNhA

Another one from these guys. Not as good as "Feel So Good," but still excellent. They do the old Roy Brown song, it was unreleased. Same song as Robert Plants did with the Honeydrippers.

81 ¦ Move Me Baby ¦ Jimmy Witherspoon (Lamplighters)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM-5L426u_8

A killer from this unlikely combination.

82 ¦ Another Soldier Gone ¦ Voilinaires

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZefXA_wxdk

One of my favorite gospel records. On the rare Drummond label.

85 ¦ No Money ¦ Lil' Son Jackson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xnaa4yEjgI

Most of Jackson's stuff sounds like it's from the 30s or 40s, with mainly just guitar, but this one has piano and horns.

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<c47b8358aa1147476fcd75ac13092264@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43128&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43128

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 15:28:02 +0000
From: maria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Roger)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
 by: Roger - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 15:28 UTC

Bruce wrote:

> Let's see what I can come up with for 1953.

> As usual, with the record's ranking on my list from the year.

> 21 ¦ Just A Little Walk ¦ Bobby Marchan

> https://youtu.be/4wV0s7BEguo?t=7

> This might be the last 50s record That I did not discover until this century that became an instant 10.

It's good but I don't rate it near as high as you. It's a high 7 on my list (#291) with a 6 for the flip "Have Mercy"

> 62 ¦ Love Me Til Your Dying Day ¦ Muskateers

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCrjiHTNpyE

> They were also the Serenaders, from Detroit. The Sparrows Quartet did a great version with Sal Mondrone on lead. Here's a short concert appearance by them in 2008. They close with "Love Me To Your Dying Day."

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3S9Yj-9B10

Interesting clip thanks.IIRC I think Sal was at Val's one time when I was there but my memory is hazy

I have the Muskateers as a 7 (#345). On Roxy label right?

> 68 ¦ 5 O'Clock Blues ¦ Memphis Slim

> Not well known, but a great side here from his days at United Records.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzrmr4-B3Fw

I like "The Come Back" side better (an 8 and #109) but but this one is also a lower 8 and #131

> 69 ¦ Cadillac Baby (unreleased master) ¦ Little Caeser

> He had a big hit withy "Goodbye Baby" but this somehow went unissued back in '53.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2AQgxMdbVc

Another 8 on my list and #94 in 1953. I haven't used unreleased stuff in these obscurities lists since I was proposing to do seperate lists of fave unreleased year by year later

> 72 ¦ I Wanna Know ¦ Dolly Cooper

> She covers the big hit by the Du Droppers, and to me it's much better than their version.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNeORj68DLw

Another nice one. Another 8 and #184 on the list

#248 on my list and scores an 8

#139 as listed and it's 8's all the way on these last few so far

> 81 ¦ Move Me Baby ¦ Jimmy Witherspoon (Lamplighters)

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM-5L426u_8

> A killer from this unlikely combination.

Absolutely agree! #60 on my list and a 9. I should really have used it in my post on here

> 82 ¦ Another Soldier Gone ¦ Voilinaires

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZefXA_wxdk

> One of my favorite gospel records. On the rare Drummond label.

An 8 and #217

> 85 ¦ No Money ¦ Lil' Son Jackson

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xnaa4yEjgI

> Most of Jackson's stuff sounds like it's from the 30s or 40s, with mainly just guitar, but this one has piano and horns.

Okay methinks you need to retitle this one--its actually "Freight Train Blues" (Imperial 5229) released in March 1953. Exactly the same song was re-released as "No Money" in 1955 on the subsid Post label #2014. Both releases have "Lonely Blues" as the flipside

In that case I Have "Freight Train Blues" as a 7 and #577 on my 1953 list

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<cb1bf523947ff893bd11c9e69a916d18@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43129&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43129

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 16:44:16 +0000
From: savo...@aol.com (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
 by: Bruce - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 16:44 UTC

Roger wrote:

> Bruce wrote:

>> 85 ¦ No Money ¦ Lil' Son Jackson

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xnaa4yEjgI

>> Most of Jackson's stuff sounds like it's from the 30s or 40s, with mainly just guitar, but this one has piano and horns.

> Okay methinks you need to retitle this one--its actually "Freight Train Blues" (Imperial 5229) released in March 1953. Exactly the same song was re-released as "No Money" in 1955 on the subsid Post label #2014. Both releases have "Lonely Blues" as the flipside

> In that case I Have "Freight Train Blues" as a 7 and #577 on my 1953 list.

Thanks for the reminder. I retitled the MP3 but forgot to do it on the written list.

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<c4974e30b6f338c3891248f1d9302a75@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43130&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43130

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 17:07:34 +0000
From: savo...@aol.com (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
 by: Bruce - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 17:07 UTC

A few others:

103 ¦ Sweetness ¦ Castelles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu70dSfk_Zs

Excellent flip side of collector's classic "My Girl Awaits Me."

106 ¦ Hot Fish ¦ Sherman "Blues" Johnson & His Clouds Of Joy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18xjPvMIOYY

Diane turned me on to this one.

116 ¦ My Mind Is Working ¦ Varetta Dillard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpS8zQfxEss

Odd Savoy record that's really good.

119 ¦ Baby ¦ Serenaders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6iG5PtrO9c

The Detroit boys again.

123 ¦ Best Of Friends ¦ Dixie Doodlers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAt69QQVDR4

Very unique track on Excello. Sounds like it could be from 1933.

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<uo302jdrdactq35s9svvhlg5m59rk52el0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43131&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43131

From: letsr...@opbox.com (RWC)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 14:12:57 -0400
 by: RWC - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:12 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 05:42:30 +0000, mariabus@blueyonder.co.uk (Roger)
wrote:

>10 more obscurities chosen at random from my favorites lists
>
>Today......from 1953

fwiw, the 1953 Singles Battle (won by The Drifters)

390 Amos Milburn - Good Good Whiskey - Aladdin 3218
378 Amos Milburn - Let Me Go Home Whiskey - Aladdin 3164
165 Amos Milburn - Let's Have A Party - Aladdin 3218
71 Amos Milburn - One Scotch One Bourbon One Beer - Aladdin 3197
584 Anita O'Day - Vaya Con Dios - Mercury 89047
290 Annie Laurie - Stop Talkin' And Start Walkin' - Okeh 6933
114 Annisteen Allen - Baby I'm Doing It - King 4608
335 Annisteen Allen - Yes I Know - King 4608
623 Arlie Duff - Y'All Come - Starday 104
449 Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup - Keep On Drinkin' - RCA 47-5167
691 Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup - The War Is Over - RCA 47-5563
612 B.B King - Blind Love - RPM 395
370 B.B King - Please Hurry Home - RPM 391
55 B.B King - Please Love Me - RPM 386
370 B.B King - Woke Up This Morning - RPM 380
655 Bennie Leaders - Hey Miss Fannie - OK'ed 1050
730 Benny Brown - Pappa - Gotham 293
537 Betty Hutton - Hot Dog ! That Made Him Mad - Capitol 2608
333 Big Boy Spires - About To Lose My Mind - Chance 1137
212 Big Jay McNeely - Nervous Man Nervous - Federal 12141
215 Big Maybelle - Jinny Mule - Okeh 6998
238 Big Maybelle - My Country Man - Okeh 7009
186 Big Maybelle - Send For Me - Okeh 6998
246 Big Maybelle - Way Back Home - Okeh 6955
665 Big Memphis Marainey - Call Me Anything But Call Me - Sun 184
665 Bill Haley with Haley's Comets - Chattanooga Choo Choo - Essex
348
25 Bill Haley with Haley's Comets - Crazy, Man, Crazy - Essex 321
301 Bill Haley with Haley's Comets - Farewell - So Long - Good-Bye -
Essex 332
119 Bill Haley with Haley's Comets - Fractured - Essex 327
571 Bill Haley with Haley's Comets - I'll Be True - Essex 340
331 Bill Haley with Haley's Comets - Live It Up - Essex 332
596 Bill Haley with Haley's Comets - Pat A Cake - Essex 327
643 Bill Haley with Haley's Comets - What'cha Gonna Do - Essex 321
540 Billy Ward & The Dominoes - Christmas In Heaven - King 1281
143 Billy Ward & The Dominoes - Rags To Riches - King 1280
300 Billy Wright - After Awhile - Savoy 1100
523 Bing Crosby - Y'All Come - Decca 28969
560 Blind Billy Tate - Love Is A Crazy Thing - Herald 411
691 Bob Burton - Boogie Woogie Baby Of Mine - Mar-Vel 951
602 Bob Wills - Bottle Baby Boogie - M-G-M 11635
75 Bobby Bland - No Blow No Show - Duke 115
325 Bobby Hall & The Kings - Sunday Kind Of Love - Jax 320
106 Bobby Hall & The Kings - Why Oh Why - Jax 314
257 Bobby Marchan - Just A Little Walk - Aladdin 3189
28 Bobby Mitchell & The Toppers - 4 X 11 = 44 - Imperial 5250
142 Bobby Mitchell & The Toppers - I'm Crying - Imperial 5236
434 Bobby Mitchell & The Toppers - One Friday Morning - Imperial
5250
39 Bobby Mitchell & The Toppers - Rack 'Em Back - Imperial 5236
765 Bobby Wayne - Love Me Love Me - Mercury 70148
769 Bonnie Lou - Just Out Of Reach - King 1192
596 Bonnie Lou - Seven Lonely Days - King 1192
265 Bonnie Lou - Tennessee Wig Walk - King 1237
363 Boogie Bill Webb - I Ain't For It - Imperial 5257
767 Brucie Weil - God Bless Us All - Barbour 451
562 Bud Hobbs - Goose Rock - M-G-M 11579
31 Buddy Johnson - Hittin' On Me - Mercury 70116
299 Buddy Johnson - I'm Just Your Fool - Mercury 70251
626 Buddy Johnson - That's How I Feel About You - Mercury 70173
626 Buddy Morrow - I Don't Know - RCA 47-5117
678 Buddy Morrow - Train,Train,Train - RCA 47-5212
373 Carl Smith - Hey Joe - Columbia 21129
506 Carl Smith - Trademark - Columbia 21119
674 Charles Brown - P.S. I Love You - Aladdin 3209
282 Charlie Parker - Night And Day - Mercury 11096
637 Charlie Spivak - Bloodshot Eyes - King 15219
298 Choker Campbell - Last Call For Whiskey - Atlantic 1014
560 Christine Kittrell - Every Night In The Week - Republic 7055
56 Chuck Willis - Don't Deceive Me - Okeh 6985
480 Chuck Willis - Going To The River - Okeh 6952
373 Chuck Willis - You're Still My Baby - Okeh 7015
247 Clarence "Bon Ton" Garlow - Route 90 - Flair 1021
577 Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown - Gate Walks The Board - Peacock 1619
185 Clarence Garlow - New Bon-Ton Roulay - Aladdin 3179
665 Curtis Gordon - Rompin' And Stompin' - RCA 47-5356
250 Curtis Jones - Cool Playing Blues - Parrot 782
730 D.A Hunt - Greyhound Blues - Sun 183
523 D.A Hunt - Lonesome Ol' Jail - Sun 183
602 Danny Overbea - Forty Cups Of Coffee - Checker 774
528 Danny Overbea - Train, Train, Train - Checker 768
390 Darrell Glenn - Crying In The Chapel - Valley 105
190 Dave Bartholomew - Country Girl - Bayou 005
720 Dave Stogner - Hard Top Race - Rockin' 522
445 Deacon Andy Griffith - What It Was,Was Football - Capitol 2693
655 Dean Barlow & The Crickets - Changing Partners - Jay-Dee 785
46 Dean Martin - That's Amore - Capitol 2589
664 Desi Arnaz - I Love Lucy - Columbia 39937
222 Deuces Of Rhythm & Tempo Toppers - Ain't That Good News -
Peacock 1616
172 Deuces Of Rhythm & Tempo Toppers - Fool At The Wheel - Peacock
1616
343 Dick Glasser - Angels In The Sky - Triple A 2522
678 Dinah Shore - Blue Canary - RCA 47-5390
606 Dinah Shore - Changing Partners - RCA 47-5515
111 Dinah Washington - Fat Daddy - Mercury 70214
610 Dinah Washington - My Man's An Undertaker - Mercury 70284
386 Dinah Washington - TV Is The Thing This Year - Mercury 70214
245 Doctor Ross - Chicago Breakdown - Sun 194
304 Doctor Ross - Come Back Baby - Sun 194
514 Dolly Cooper - Alley Cat - Savoy 898
368 Dolly Cooper - I Wanna Know - Savoy 891
674 Don Cornell - Please Play Our Song (Mister Record Man) - Coral
61030
480 Don Cornell,Alan Dale & Johnny Desmond - (The Gang That Sang)
Heart Of My Heart - Coral 61076
540 Doris Browne - Please Believe Me - Gotham 290
696 Doris Day - Choo Choo Train - Columbia 40063
227 Doris Day - Secret Love - Columbia 40108
171 Doris Day - The Black Hills Of Dakota - Columbia 40095
704 Doris Day - The Deadwood Stage - Columbia 40108
101 Duke Ellington - Satin Doll - Capitol 2458
211 Eartha Kitt - C'est Si Bon - RCA 47-5358
655 Eartha Kitt - I Want To Be Evil - RCA 47-5442
73 Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby - RCA 47-5502
514 Eartha Kitt - Under The Bridges Of Paris - RCA 47-5502
584 Eartha Kitt - Uska Dara - RCA 47-5284
168 Eddie Boyd - Third Degree - Chess 1541
200 Eddie Boyd - Twenty Four Hours - Chess 1533
771 Eddie Burns - Hello Miss Jessie Lee - DeLuxe 6024
457 Eddie Calvert - Oh Mein Papa - UK Columbia 3337
457 Eddie Fisher - Downhearted - RCA 47-5137
745 Eddie Fisher - How Do You Speak To An Angel - RCA 47-5137
506 Eddie Fisher - I'm Walking Behind You - RCA 47-5293
721 Eddie Fisher - Just To Be With You - RCA 47-5453
512 Eddie Fisher - Many Times - RCA 47-5453
442 Eddie Fisher - Oh My Papa - RCA 47-5552
473 Eddie Fisher - With These Hands - RCA 47-5365
495 Eddy Arnold - Free Home Demonstration - RCA 47-5305
430 Eddy Arnold - How's The World Treating You - RCA 47-5305
386 Eddy Arnold - I Really Don't Want To Know - RCA 47-5525
682 Eddy Howard - Gomen Nasai (Forgive Me) - Mercury 70107
696 Eileen Barton - Pretend - Coral 60927
569 Elder Beck - Wine Head Willie Put That Bottle Down - Chess 1539
745 Ella Fitzgerald - Crying In The Chapel - Decca 28762
674 Ella Mae Morse - Big Mamou - Capitol 2441
261 Ella Mae Morse - Forty Cups Of Coffee - Capitol 2539
72 Elmore James - Baby What's Wrong - Meteor 5003
195 Elmore James - Can't Stop Lovin' - Flair 1014
394 Elmore James - Country Boogie - Checker 777
87 Elmore James - Early In The Morning - Flair 1011
178 Elmore James - Hawaiian Boogie - Flair 1011
184 Elmore James - Make A Little Love - Flair 1014
256 Elmore James - Please Find My Baby - Flair 1022
218 Elmore James - She Just Won't Do Right - Checker 777
415 Elmore James - Sinful Woman - Meteor 5003
103 Elmore James - Strange Kinda Feeling - Flair 1022
320 Elmore Nixon - Playboy Blues - Mercury 70061
508 Emmitt Slay Trio - My Kind Of Woman - Savoy 886
523 Ernie Andrews - Make Me A Present Of You - Trend 68
351 Eunice Davis - Go To Work Pretty Daddy - Atlantic 992
412 Faron Young - I Can't Wait - Capitol 2461
415 Faron Young - Just Married - Capitol 2690
553 Fat Man Matthews - Down The Line - Imperial 5235
565 Fats Domino - Cheatin' - Imperial 5220
112 Fats Domino - Don't Leave Me This Way - Imperial 5262
13 Fats Domino - Going To The River - Imperial 5231
24 Fats Domino - Mardi Gras In New Orleans - Imperial 5231
79 Fats Domino - Nobody Loves Me - Imperial 5220
8 Fats Domino - Please Don't Leave Me - Imperial 5240
23 Fats Domino - Rose Mary - Imperial 5251
90 Fats Domino - Something's Wrong - Imperial 5262
76 Fats Domino - The Girl I Love - Imperial 5240
63 Fats Domino - You Said You Love Me - Imperial 5251
65 Faye Adams - I'll Be True - Herald 419
4 Faye Adams - Shake A Hand - Herald 416
42 Floyd Dixon - Hole In The Wall - Specialty 477
548 Floyd Dixon - Please Don't Go - Specialty 468
345 Fluffy Hunter - Climb The Wall - Federal 12161
419 Frank Chacksfield - Ebb Tide - UK Decca 10122
373 Frank Chacksfield - Terry's Theme From "Limelight" - UK Decca
10106
696 Frank Sinatra - From Here To Eternity - Capitol 2560
480 Frank Sinatra - I'm Walking Behind You - Capitol 2450
58 Frank Sinatra - I've Got The World On A String - Capitol 2505
262 Frank Sinatra - South Of The Border - Capitol 2638
620 Frankie Laine - Answer Me - Columbia 40079
537 Frankie Laine - Granada - Columbia 40136
495 Frankie Laine - Hey Joe - Columbia 40036
467 Frankie Laine - I Believe - Columbia 39938
639 Frankie Laine - Your Cheatin' Heart - Columbia 39938
26 Frankie Lee Sims - Lucy Mae Blues - Specialty 459
682 Fuzzy & Bonnie Owens - A Dear John Letter - Mar-Vel 102
632 Gayla Peevey - I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas - Columbia
40106
716 Gene Autry - Where Did My Snowman Go - Columbia 40092
173 Gene Moore & The Metronomes - She's Gone - Specialty 472
402 Georgia Gibbs - Seven Lonely Days - Mercury 70095
721 Georgie Shaw - Honeycomb - Decca 28937
480 Georgie Shaw - Till We Two Are One - Decca 28937
753 Good Rockin' Beasley - Happy Go Lucky - Excello 2011
18 Guitar Slim - The Things That I Used To Do - Specialty 482
95 Guitar Slim - Well I Done Got Over It - Specialty 482
276 Hal Paige - Drive It Home - Atlantic 996
511 Hank Locklin - Let Me Be The One - Four Star 1641
704 Hank Snow - Jimmie The Kid - RCA 47-5220
206 Hank Snow - Spanish Fireball - RCA 47-5296
425 Hank Thompson - No Help Wanted - Capitol 2377
457 Hank Thompson - Rub-A-Dub-Dub - Capitol 2445
508 Hank Thompson - Wake Up Irene - Capitol 2646
193 Hank Williams - I Won't Be Home No More - M-G-M 11533
16 Hank Williams - Kaw-Liga - M-G-M 11416
49 Hank Williams - Take These Chains From My Heart - M-G-M 11479
32 Hank Williams - Weary Blues From Waitin' - M-G-M 11574
2 Hank Williams - Your Cheatin' Heart - M-G-M 11416
745 Harry Belafonte - Gomen Nasai (Forgive Me) - RCA 47-5210
113 Harry Belafonte - Matilda Matilda - RCA 47-5311
606 Harry James - Ruby - Columbia 39994
199 Haskell Sadler - Bald Headed Woman - Melodia 1662
495 Henri Rene & Hugo Winterhalter - The Velvet Glove - RCA 47-5405
174 Henry Pierce & The Five Notes - Hey Fine Mama - Specialty 461
760 Herbert Beard - Gal You Need A Whippin' - Cool 101
473 Homer & Jethro - (How Much Is That) Hound Dog In The Window -
RCA 47-5280
149 Honeyboy - Bloodstains On The Wall - Specialty 476
577 Hot Lips Page - Jungle King - King 4616
208 Huey Smith - You Made Me Cry - Savoy 1113
360 Ivory Joe Hunter - If You See My Baby - M-G-M 11459
140 J.B Lenore - I Want My Baby - J.O.B 1016
45 J.B Lenore - The Mojo - J.O.B 1012
687 J.D. Edwards - Hobo - Imperial 5245
367 Jack "The Bear" Parker - Cheap Old Wine And Whiskey - 7-11 2100
505 Jack Cardwell - The Death Of Hank Williams - King 1172
301 Jack Dupree - Tongue Tied Blues - King 4633
736 Jack Turner - Hound Dog - RCA 47-5267
559 Jackie Gleason - Melancholy Serenade - Capitol 2361
96 James Williamson Trio - Homesick - Chance 1131
777 Jane Froman - I Believe - Capitol 2332
620 Jay Hawkins - Baptize Me In Wine - Timely 1004
419 Jean Shepard & Ferlin Husky - A Dear John Letter - Capitol 2502
499 Jean Shepard & Ferlin Husky - Forgive Me John - Capitol 2586
639 Jerry Murad - The Story Of Three Loves - Mercury 70202
753 Jerry Vale - Two Purple Shadows - Columbia 40131
553 Jesse Allen - Take It Easy - Bayou 011
439 Jim Reeves - Bimbo - Abbott 148
457 Jim Reeves - Mexican Joe - Abbott 116
230 Jimmy & Walter - Easy - Sun 180
490 Jimmy Boyd & Frankie Laine - Tell Me A Story - Columbia 39945
729 Jimmy Coe - After Hour Joint - States 118
577 Jimmy De Berry - Take A Little Chance - Sun 185
674 Jimmy De Berry - Time Has Made A Change - Sun 185
623 Jimmy Heap - Release Me - Capitol 2518
97 Jimmy Liggins - Drunk - Specialty 470
91 Jimmy McCracklin - She Felt Too Good - Peacock 1615
643 Jimmy Nelson - Married Men Like Sport - RPM 385
285 Jimmy Nelson - Meet Me With Your Black Dress On - RPM 385
107 Jimmy Reed - High And Lonesome - Chance 1142
210 Jimmy Reed - I Found My Baby - Vee Jay 105
596 Jimmy Reed - Jimmy's Boogie - Vee Jay 105
528 Jimmy Reed - Roll And Rhumba - Chance 1142
643 Jimmy Swan - Hey Now, Baby, Hey - Peacock 1622
120 Jimmy Wilson - Tin Pan Alley - Big Town 101
88 Jimmy Witherspoon/The Lamplighters - Move Me Baby - Federal
12156
321 Jo Jo Adams - Rebecca - Parrot 788
643 Jo Stafford - (Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I - Columbia
39930
394 Jo Stafford - Make Love To Me - Columbia 40143
334 Joe Hill Louis - She May Be Yours - Sun 178
192 Joe Hill Louis - We All Gotta Go Sometime - Sun 178
346 Joe Liggins - The Big Dipper - Specialty 474
655 Joe Loco Quintette - Gee - Tico 208
436 Joe Morris - I Had A Notion - Herald 417
528 Joe Morris - That's What Makes My Baby Fat - Atlantic 985
200 Joe Turner - Baby I Still Want You - Atlantic 982
129 Joe Turner - Blues Jumped The Rabbit - Bayou 015
160 Joe Turner - Crawdad Hole - Atlantic 1001
3 Joe Turner - Honey Hush - Atlantic 1001
20 Joe Turner - Oke-She-Moke-She-Pop - Atlantic 1016
89 Joe Turner - Still In Love - Atlantic 982
6 Joe Turner - TV Mama - Atlantic 1016
229 Joe Turner - The Sun Is Shining - Bayou 015
319 John Brim - Rattlesnake - Checker 769
294 John Lee Hooker - Too Much Boogie - Modern 916
730 Johnnie Ray & Doris Day - Candy Lips - Columbia 40001
760 Johnnie Ray & Doris Day - Let's Walk That-A Way - Columbia 40001
464 Johnnie Ray - Somebody Stole My Gal - Columbia 39961
50 Johnny Ace - Cross My Heart - Duke 107
253 Johnny Ace - Midnight Hours Journey - Flair 1015
187 Johnny Ace - Saving My Love For You - Duke 118
37 Johnny Ace - The Clock - Duke 112
493 Johnny Desmond - Woman - Coral 61069
310 Johnny Horton - Tennessee Jive - Mercury 70100
665 Johnny Horton - The Mansion You Stole - Mercury 70100
611 Johnny Maddox - Dipsy Doodle - Dot 15102
548 Johnny Moore's Three Blazers - Dragnet Blues - Modern 910
344 Johnny Shines - Brutal Hearted Woman - J.O.B 1010
164 Johnny Shines - Evening Sun - J.O.B 1010
473 Joni James - Almost Always - M-G-M 11470
430 Joni James - My Love My Love - M-G-M 11543
417 Joni James - You Cheatin' Heart - M-G-M 11426
584 Joni James - You're Fooling Someone - M-G-M 11543
775 Jose Ferrer - Woman (Uh-Huh) - Columbia 40144
508 Julius La Rosa - Anywhere I Wander - Cadence 1230
402 Julius La Rosa - Eh, Cumpari - Cadence 1232
468 June Valli - Crying In The Chapel - RCA 47-5368
175 Junior Wells - Cut That Out - States 122
626 Junior Wells - Eagle Rock - States 122
665 Kay Starr - Allez-Vous-En - Capitol 2464
473 Kay Starr - Changing Partners - Capitol 2657
471 Kay Starr - Half A Photograph - Capitol 2464
141 Kay Starr - Side By Side - Capitol 2334
665 Kay Starr - When My Dreamboat Comes Home - Capitol 2595
548 Kid King's Combo - Banana Split - Excello 2009
180 King Pleasure - Red Top - Prestige 821
696 Kitty Wells - I Gave My Wedding Dress Away - Decca 28931
442 Kitty Wells - Paying For That Back Street Affair - Decca 28578
131 LaVern Baker - How Can You Leave A Man Like This - Atlantic 1004
70 LaVern Baker - Soul On Fire - Atlantic 1004
133 Lattie Moore - Juke Joint Johnny - Speed 101
637 Lazy Slim Jim - Wine Head Baby - Savoy 887
643 Leo Diamond - Off Shore - Ambassador 1005
435 Les Baxter - April In Portugal - Capitol 2374
620 Les Baxter - I Love Paris - Capitol 2479
430 Les Baxter - Ruby - Capitol 2457
639 Les Paul & Mary Ford - Doncha Hear Them Bells - Capitol 2614
394 Les Paul & Mary Ford - I'm Sitting On Top Of The World - Capitol
2400
665 Les Paul & Mary Ford - Johnny (Is The Boy For Me) - Capitol 2486
176 Les Paul & Mary Ford - Vaya Con Dios - Capitol 2486
704 Leslie Caron - Hi Lili Hi Lo - M-G-M 30759
353 Linda Hayes & Red Callender - Atomic Baby - Recorded In
Hollywood 407
153 Linda Hayes - Yes I Know - Recorded In Hollywood 244
259 Link Davis - Big Mamou - Okeh 18001
110 Little Esther - Cherry Wine - Federal 12142
248 Little Esther - Hollerin' And Screamin' - Federal 12115
155 Little Esther - You Took My Love Too Fast - Federal 12122
339 Little Hudson & The Red Devil Trio - I'm Looking For A Woman -
J.O.B 1015
157 Little Hudson & The Red Devil Trio - Rough Treatment - J.O.B
1015
571 Little Johnny Jones - Dirty By The Dozen - Flair 1010
14 Little Junior's Blue Flames - Feelin' Good - Sun 187
122 Little Junior's Blue Flames - Fussin' And Fightin' Blues - Sun
187
62 Little Junior's Blue Flames - Love My Baby - Sun 192
22 Little Junior's Blue Flames - Mystery Train - Sun 192
780 Little Maxie - Brown Skin Woman Blues - Excello 2007
277 Little Milton - Beggin' My Baby - Sun 194
518 Little Milton - Somebody Told Me - Sun 194
704 Little Mr Blues - Mama Your Daughter Plays It Cool - Rainbow 208
366 Little Sam Davis - Goin' To New Orleans - DeLuxe 6025
83 Little Walter - Blues With A Feeling - Checker 780
528 Little Walter - Don't Have To Hunt No More - Checker 767
150 Little Walter - Off The Wall - Checker 770
93 Little Walter - Tell Me Mama - Checker 770
74 Little Walter - You're So Fine - Checker 786
349 Little Willie Littlefield - The Midnight Hour Was Shining -
Federal 12137
94 Lloyd Price - Ain't It A Shame - Specialty 452
271 Lloyd Price - Frog Legs - Specialty 471
528 Lloyd Price - I Wish Your Picture Was You - Specialty 471
223 Lloyd Price - So Long - Specialty 457
138 Lloyd Price - Tell Me Pretty Baby - Specialty 452
151 Lloyd Price - What's The Matter Now - Specialty 457
148 Lloyd Price - Where You At ? - Specialty 463
565 Louis Armstrong - 'Zat You Santa Claus? - Decca 28943
61 Louis Jordan - House Party - Decca 28756
296 Louis Jordan - I Want You To Be My Baby - Decca 28883
739 Lucky Enois Quintet - Crazy Man Crazy - Modern 905
513 Lucky Joe Almond - Rock Me - Trumpet 199
219 Lula Reed - Watch Dog - King 4688
457 Mantovani - The Song From Moulin Rouge - UK Decca 10094
269 Margie Day - Snatchin' It Back - Decca 28872
316 Marilyn Monroe - Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend - UK 663
665 Mario Lanza - Song Of India - RCA 49-4209
255 Marty Robbins - I Couldn't Keep From Crying - Columbia 21075
135 Marvin & Johnny - Baby Doll - Specialty 479
205 Memphis Minnie - Kissing In The Dark - J.O.B. 1101
197 Memphis Minnie - Me And My Chauffeur - Checker 771
281 Memphis Slim - Five O'Clock Blues - United 156
121 Memphis Slim - The Come Back - United 156
264 Mercy Dee - One Room Country Shack - Specialty 458
19 Merrill Moore - House Of Blue Lights - Capitol 2574
324 Merrill Moore - Red Light - Capitol 2386
80 Mitchell Torok - Caribbean - Abbott 140
562 Mitzi Mars - I'm Glad - Checker 773
643 Monty Kelly - Tropicana - Essex 325
293 Moohah - All Shook Out - Starmaker 501
499 Moon Mullican - Grandpa Stole My Baby - King 1244
568 Moon Mullican - Hey Mr Cotton Picker - King 1221
571 Moon Mullican - Rheumatism Boogie - King 1198
350 Moon Mullican - Rocket To The Moon - King 1198
682 Mr Blues Carson - Eye To Eye - Hi-Lo 1420
691 Mr Sad Head - Make Haste - RCA 47-5388
626 Mr Stringbean - Pass The Juice Miss Lucy - Herald 418
278 Muddy Waters - Blow Wind Blow - Chess 1550
134 Muddy Waters - Mad Love - Chess 1550
105 Muddy Waters - She's All Right - Chess 1537
225 Muddy Waters - Turn The Lamp Down Low - Chess 1542
537 Nat "King" Cole - A Fool Was I - Capitol 2540
59 Nat "King" Cole - Answer Me My Love - Capitol 2687
535 Nat "King" Cole - Can't I - Capitol 2389
655 Nat "King" Cole - I Am In Love - Capitol 2459
305 Nat "King" Cole - Lover Come Back To Me - Capitol 2610
85 Nat "King" Cole - Pretend - Capitol 2346
584 Nat "King" Cole - Return To Paradise - Capitol 2498
727 Nat "King" Cole - The Little Boy That Santa Claus Forgot -
Capitol 2616
691 Norman Brooks - Hello Sunshine - Zodiac 101
342 Oscar McLollie - The Honey Jump - Modern 902
687 Otis Blackwell - Daddy Rollin' Stone - Jay-Dee 784
336 Otis Hinton - Walkin' Down Hill - Timely 1003
753 Pat O'Day - A Dear John Letter - M-G-M 11566
454 Patti Page - (How Much Is That) Doggie In The Window - Mercury
70070
499 Patti Page - Butterflies - Mercury 70183
376 Patti Page - Changing Partners - Mercury 70260
691 Patti Page - My Jealous Eyes - Mercury 70070
745 Patti Page - Now That I'm In Love - Mercury 70127
575 Patti Page - Oo What You Do To Me - Mercury 70127
716 Patti Page - This Is My Song - Mercury 70183
704 Paul Gayten - Cow Cow Blues - Okeh 6982
436 Pee Wee Hunt - Oh ! - Capitol 2442
712 Percy Faith - Return To Paradise - Columbia 39998
730 Percy Faith - Swedish Rhapsody - Columbia 39944
405 Percy Faith - The Song From Moulin Rouge - Columbia 39944
337 Percy Mayfield - Lost Mind - Specialty 460
130 Percy Mayfield - River's Invitation - Specialty 451
739 Perry Como - I Confess - RCA 47-5152
652 Perry Como - My One And Only Heart - RCA 47-5277
429 Perry Como - No Other Love - RCA 47-5317
727 Perry Como - Pa-Paya Mama - RCA 47-5447
499 Perry Como - Say You're Mine Again - RCA 47-5277
464 Perry Como - Wild Horses - RCA 47-5152
473 Perry Como - You Alone - RCA 47-5447
632 Pete Hanley - Big Mamou - Okeh 6956
712 Piano Red - Your Mouth's Got A Hole In It - RCA 47-5337
643 Playboy Thomas - The End Of The Road - Swing Time 344
252 Prof. Alex Bradford - Too Close To Heaven - Specialty 852
739 Ralph Flanagan - A-L-B-E-R-Q-U-E-Q-U-E - RCA 47-5237
753 Ralph Flanagan - Rub-A-Dub-Dub - RCA 47-5361
452 Ralph Marterie - Caravan - Mercury 70097
612 Ralph Marterie - Crazy Man Crazy - Mercury 70153
338 Ralph Willis - Why'd You Do It - King 4611
775 Ray Anderson - Stalin Kicked The Bucket - Kentucky 573
156 Ray Anthony - Dragnet - Capitol 2562
712 Ray Anthony - O Mein Papa - Capitol 2678
92 Ray Charles - Feelin' Sad - Atlantic 1008
571 Ray Charles - Funny (But I Still Love You) - Atlantic 999
86 Ray Charles - Heartbreaker - Atlantic 1008
64 Ray Charles - Jumpin' In The Morning - Atlantic 984
17 Ray Charles - Mess Around - Atlantic 999
393 Ray Charles - Sun's Gonna Shine Again - Atlantic 984
771 Red Buttons - Strange Things Are Happening - Columbia 39981
499 Red Buttons - The Ho-Ho Song - Columbia 39981
311 Red Foley - Shake A Hand - Decca 28839
480 Rex Allen - Crying In The Chapel - Decca 28758
626 Richard Hayman - April In Portugal - Mercury 70114
745 Richard Hayman - Off Shore - Mercury 70252
386 Richard Hayman - Ruby - Mercury 70115
632 Richard Hayman - Terry's Theme From "Limelight" - Mercury 70168
540 Robert Henry - Something's Wrong With My Lovin' Machine - King
4624
69 Rosco Gordon - Just In From Texas - RPM 379
739 Rosemary Clooney - Little Red Monkey - Columbia MJV-164
425 Roy Brown - Caldonia's Wedding Day - King 4669
330 Roy Brown - Grandpa Stole My Baby - King 4609
163 Roy Brown - Hurry Hurry, Baby - King 4602
362 Roy Brown - Letter From Home - King 4684
196 Roy Brown - Mr Hound Dog's In Town - King 4627
242 Roy Brown - Old Age Boogie - King 4637
540 Roy Milton - Don't You Remember Baby - Specialty 455
439 Roy Milton - Early In The Morning - Specialty 464
596 Ruby Wright - Bimbo - King 1293
213 Rufus Thomas Jr - Bear Cat - Sun 181
115 Rufus Thomas Jr - Tiger Man - Sun 188
445 Rusty Draper - Gambler's Guitar - Mercury 70167
480 Rusty Draper - No Help Wanted - Mercury 70077
753 Rusty Keefer - I'm Just Here To Get My Baby Out Of Jail - Coral
64163
263 Ruth Brown - I Would If I Could - Atlantic 1005
9 Ruth Brown - Mama He Treats Your Daughter Mean - Atlantic 986
358 Ruth Brown - Mend Your Ways - Atlantic 993
214 Ruth Brown - The Tears Keep Tumbling Down - Atlantic 1005
177 Ruth Brown - Wild Wild, Young Men - Atlantic 993
569 Sammy Kaye - In The Mission Of St. Augustine - Columbia 40061
584 Scat Man Crothers - Papa - Recorded In Hollywood 142
528 Sherman "Blues" Johnson - Hot Fish - Trumpet 190
612 Shirley & Lee - Shirley Come Back To Me - Aladdin 3173
553 Shirley & Lee - Shirley's Back - Aladdin 3192
548 Shirley & Lee - The Proposal - Aladdin 3205
354 Shy Guy Douglas - I'm Your Country Man - Excello 2024
412 Silvana Mangano - Anna - M-G-M 11457
612 Sister Wynona Carr - The Ball Game - Specialty 855
577 Slim Whitman - Secret Love - Imperial 8223
30 Smiley Lewis - Big Mamou - Imperial 5234
36 Smiley Lewis - Caldonia's Party - Imperial 5241
221 Smiley Lewis - Gypsy Blues - Imperial 5224
372 Smiley Lewis - It's Music - Imperial 5252
576 Smiley Lewis - Little Fernandez - Imperial 5252
301 Smiley Lewis - Oh, Baby - Imperial 5241
181 Smiley Lewis - Playgirl - Imperial 5234
216 Smiley Lewis - You're Not The One - Imperial 5224
322 Sonny Boy Williamson - Too Close Together - Trumpet 212
602 Sonny Knight - But Officer ! - Aladdin 3195
534 Sonny Thompson & Lula Reed - Waiting To Be Loved By You - King
4639
584 Sonny Til - Have You Heard - Jubilee 5112
771 Spike Jones - Lulu Had A Baby - RCA 47-5239
240 Square Walton - Bad Hangover - RCA 47-5584
472 Square Walton - Pepper Head Woman - RCA 47-5493
736 St. Louis Jimmy - Drinkin' Woman - Duke 110
771 Stan Freberg - C'est Si Bon - Capitol 2677
696 Stan Freberg - Christmas Dragnet - Capitol 2671
493 Stan Freberg - Little Blue Riding Hood - Capitol 2596
442 Stan Freberg - St. George And The Dragonet - Capitol 2596
125 Stick McGhee - Meet You In The Morning - Atlantic 991
132 Sticks McGhee - Head Happy With Wine - King 4610
274 Sticks McGhee - Jungle Juice - King 4672
183 Sticks McGhee - Whiskey Women And Loaded Dice - King 4628
209 Stomp Gordon - What's Her Whimsey Dr Kinsey - Mercury 70246
241 Sugar Boy & The Cane Cutters - I Don't Know What I'll Do -
Checker 783
406 Sugar Boy & The Cane Cutters - Overboard - Checker 783
765 Sugar Ray Robinson - Knock Him Down Whiskey - King 4641
193 Swinging Sax Kari - Daughter (That's Your Red Wagon) - States
115
381 T-Bone Walker - Party Girl - Imperial 5239
189 T-Bone Walker - Pony Tail - Imperial 5264
682 Tampa Red - Too Late Too Long - RCA 5134
272 Tennessee Ernie Ford - Catfish Boogie - Capitol 2602
355 Tennessee Ernie Ford - Hey Mr Cotton Picker - Capitol 2443
306 Tennessee Ernie Ford - I Don't Know - Capitol 2338
712 Teresa Brewer - Baby, Baby, Baby - Coral 61067
606 Teresa Brewer - Bell Bottom Blues - Coral 61066
745 Teresa Brewer - Dancin' With Someone - Coral 60953
394 Teresa Brewer - Ricochet - Coral 61043
292 Terry Timmons - He's The Best In The Business - RCA 47-5227
655 Tex Ritter - Let Me Go Devil - Capitol 2594
769 Tex Ritter - The Red Deck Of Cards - Capitol 2686
626 The Ambassadors - Darling I'm Sorry - Timely 1001
452 The Ames Brothers - You,You,You - RCA 47-5325
596 The Bachelors - Can't Help Loving You - Aladdin 3210
268 The Belltones - Estelle - Grand 102
289 The Blenders - Don't Play Around With Love - Jay-Dee 780
763 The Blenders - I Don't Miss You Anymore - M-G-M 11488
612 The Blue Jays - Hey Papa - Checker 782
297 The Blue Jays - White Cliffs Of Dover - Checker 782
577 The Blue Notes - If You'll Be Mine - Rama 25
696 The Buccaneers - Dear Ruth - Southern 101
723 The Buccaneers - The Stars Will Remember - Rama 21
224 The Cardinals - Lovie Darling - Atlantic 995
275 The Cardinals - You Are My Only Love - Atlantic 995
473 The Carlisles - Iz Zat You Myrtle ? - Mercury 70174
232 The Carols - Fifty Million Women - Savoy 896
21 The Castelles - My Girl Awaits Me - Grand 101
514 The Castelles - Sweetness - Grand 101
328 The Caverliers Quartet - Dynaflow - Atlas 1031
514 The Charmers - The Beating Of My Heart - Central 1002
419 The Charms - Heaven Only Knows - Rockin' 516
356 The Charms - Loving Baby - Rockin' 516
406 The Checkers - Ghost Of My Baby - King 4626
332 The Checkers - I Promise You - King 4673
228 The Checkers - I Wanna Know - King 4626
314 The Checkers - Love Wasn't There - King 4596
266 The Checkers - My Prayer Tonight - King 4596
145 The Checkers - White Cliffs Of Dover - King 4675
315 The Checkers - Without A Song - King 4675
60 The Checkers - You Never Had It So Good - King 4673
231 The Clovers - Comin' On - Atlantic 1010
66 The Clovers - Crawlin' - Atlantic 989
154 The Clovers - Good Lovin' - Atlantic 1000
82 The Clovers - Here Goes A Fool - Atlantic 1000
118 The Clovers - The Feeling Is So Good - Atlantic 1010
108 The Clovers - Yes It's You - Atlantic 989
730 The Columbia Tokyo Orchestra - Gomen Nasai (Forgive Me) -
Columbia 39954
98 The Coronets - Nadine - Chess 1549
704 The Crickets - Dreams And Wishes - Jay-Dee 777
716 The Crickets - For You I Have Eyes - M-G-M 11507
653 The Crickets - I'm Not The One You Love - Jay-Dee 781
548 The Crickets - Milk And Gin - M-G-M 11428
47 The Crickets - You're Mine - M-G-M 11428
445 The Crows - Call A Doctor - Rama 10
7 The Crows - Gee - Rama 5
540 The Crows - Heartbreaker - Rama 10
198 The Crows - I Love You So - Rama 5
291 The Crows - No Help Wanted - Rama 3
51 The Crows - Seven Lonely Days - Rama 3
236 The Crystals - My Girl - Rockin 518
385 The Davis Sisters - I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know - RCA
47-5345
523 The Davis Sisters - Rock-A-Bye Boogie - RCA 47-5345
425 The Diamonds - Cherry - Atlantic 1017
217 The Diamonds - Romance In The Dark - Atlantic 1017
665 The Diamonds - Two Loves Have I - Atlantic 1003
313 The Dixie Doodlers - Best Of Friends - Excello 2023
169 The Dominoes - Don't Leave Me This Way - Federal 12129
454 The Dominoes - My Baby's 3-D - Federal 12162
80 The Dominoes - These Foolish Things - Federal 12129
147 The Dominoes - Until The Real Thing Comes Along - Federal 12162
540 The Dominoes - Where Now Little Heart - Federal 12139
57 The Dominoes - You Can't Keep A Good Man Down - Federal 12139
1 The Drifters - Money Honey - Atlantic 1006
40 The Drifters - The Way I Feel - Atlantic 1006
491 The Du Droppers - I Found Out - RCA 47-5321
251 The Du Droppers - I Wanna Know - RCA 47-5229
687 The Du Droppers - Laughing Blues - RCA 47-5229
577 The Echoes - All That Wine Is Gone - Rockin 523
763 The Embers - Paradise Hill - Herald 410
655 The Esquire Boys - Rock-A-Beatin' Boogie - Rainbow 200
753 The Five Bills - Till I Waltz Again With You - Brunswick 84002
267 The Five Blue Notes - My Gal Is Gone - Sabre 103
419 The Five Budds - I Was Such A Fool - Rama 1
584 The Five Crowns - Keep It A Secret - Rainbow 202
540 The Five Crowns - Why Don't You Believe Me - Rainbow 202
696 The Five Crowns - You Could Be My Love - Old Town 790
179 The Five Echoes - Lonely Mood - Sabre 102
365 The Five Jets - I Am In Love - DeLuxe 6018
137 The Five Keys - Can't Keep From Crying - Aladdin 3167
152 The Five Keys - Come Go My Bail Louise - Aladdin 3167
38 The Five Keys - My Saddest Hour - Aladdin 3214
200 The Five Keys - Teardrops In Your Eyes - Aladdin 3204
409 The Five Keys - There Ought To Be A Law - Aladdin 3175
128 The Five Keys - These Foolish Things - Aladdin 3190
139 The Five Royales - All Righty - Apollo 449
103 The Five Royales - Crazy Crazy Crazy - Apollo 446
84 The Five Royales - Help Me Somebody - Apollo 446
144 The Five Royales - I Want To Thank You - Apollo 449
34 The Five Royales - Laundromat Blues - Apollo 448
29 The Five Royales - Too Much Lovin' - Apollo 448
288 The Five Thrills - Feel So Good - Parrot 796
158 The Five Willows - All Night Long - Allen 1002
399 The Five Willows - Delores - Allen 1002
553 The Five Willows - Love Bells - Pee Dee 290
243 The Five Willows - My Dear Dearest Darling - Allen 1000
200 The Five Willows - White Cliffs Of Dover - Allen 1003
284 The Five Willows - With These Hands - Allen 1003
200 The Flairs - I Had A Love - Flair 1012
381 The Flairs - She Wants To Rock - Flair 1012
412 The Flairs - You Should Care For Me - Flair 1019
188 The Flamingos - Carried Away - Chance 1145
15 The Flamingos - Golden Teardrops - Chance 1145
238 The Flamingos - Hurry Home, Baby - Chance 1140
43 The Flamingos - If I Can't Have You - Chance 1133
169 The Flamingos - Someday Someway - Chance 1133
67 The Flamingos - That's My Desire - Chance 1140
639 The Four Aces - Organ Grinder's Swing - Decca 28691
430 The Four Aces - Stranger In Paradise - Decca 28927
406 The Four Aces - The Gang That Sang "Heart Of My Heart" - Decca
28927
540 The Four Blazes - Perfect Woman - United 158
352 The Four Dukes - Crying In The Chapel - Duke 116
716 The Four Fellows - Stop Crying - Tri-Boro 101
347 The Four Knights - I Couldn't Stay Away From You - Capitol 2654
102 The Four Knights - I Get So Lonely (When I Dream About You) -
Capitol 2654
643 The Four Lads - Down By The Riverside - Columbia 40005
424 The Four Lads - Istanbul - Columbia 40082
376 The Four Tunes - Marie - Jubilee 5128
419 The Gaylords - From The Vine Came The Grape - Mercury 70296
678 The Gaylords - Ramona - Mercury 70112
739 The Gaylords - Spinning A Web - Mercury 70112
329 The Gaytunes - Thrill Of Romance - Timely 1002
760 The Griffin Brothers - Move It On Over - Dot 1171
278 The Harptones - I'll Never Tell - Bruce 101
11 The Harptones - Sunday Kind Of Love - Bruce 101
457 The Hilltoppers - From The Vine Came The Grape - Dot 15127
480 The Hilltoppers - I'd Rather Die Young - Dot 15085
386 The Hilltoppers - Love Walked In - Dot 15105
425 The Hilltoppers - P.S. I Love You - Dot 15085
457 The Hilltoppers - To Be Alone - Dot 15105
583 The Hollywood Arist-O-Kats - Amazon Beauty - Recorded In
Hollywood 406
632 The Hollywood Arist-O-Kats - I'll Be Home Again - Recorded In
Hollywood 406
162 The Hornets - I Can't Believe - States 127
778 The Ink Spots - Ebb Tide - King 1297
523 The Ink Spots - Here In My Lonely Room - King 4670
632 The Ink Spots - Stranger In Paradise - King 1304
226 The Lamplighters - Be Bop Wino - Federal 12152
394 The Lamplighters - Part Of Me - Federal 12149
381 The Lamplighters - Turn Me Loose - Federal 12149
696 The Lancers - Sweet Mama Tree Top Tall - Trend 63
612 The Leap Frogs - Dirty Britches - Excello 2014
584 The Leap Frogs - Things Gonna Change - Excello 2014
495 The Love Notes - Get On My Train - Imperial 5254
682 The Love Notes - Surrender Your Heart - Imperial 5254
736 The Magic-Tones - How Can You Treat Me This Way - King 4681
745 The Mariners - I See The Moon - Columbia 40047
361 The Marylanders - Fried Chicken - Jubilee 5114
54 The Marylanders - Good Old 99 - Jubilee 5114
220 The Meadow Larks - Real Pretty Mama - RPM 399
308 The Mello Moods - Call On Me - Prestige 799
323 The Mello Moods - I'm Lost - Prestige 856
678 The Mills Brothers - Say Si Si - Decca 28870
340 The Mills Brothers - The Jones Boy - Decca 28945
653 The Mills Brothers - Twice As Much - Decca 28586
68 The Moonglows - Baby, Please - Chance 1147
254 The Moonglows - Hey Santa Claus - Chance 1150
117 The Moonglows - Just A Lonely Christmas - Chance 1150
109 The Moonglows - Whistle My Love - Chance 1147
244 The Muskateers - Love Me Till Your Dying Day - Swing Time 331
723 The Obernkirchen Children's Choir - The Happy Wanderer - UK
Parlophone 3799
436 The Orioles - Bad Little Girl - Jubilee 5115
5 The Orioles - Crying In The Chapel - Jubilee 5122
280 The Orioles - Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me - Jubilee 5108
584 The Orioles - I Cover The Waterfront - Jubilee 5120
606 The Orioles - In The Mission Of St. Augustine - Jubilee 5127
207 The Orioles - Teardrops On My Pillow - Jubilee 5108
287 The Orioles - Till Then - Jubilee 5107
249 The Orioles - Write And Tell Me Why - Jubilee 5127
723 The Parrots - Don't Leave Me - Parrot 772
553 The Pelicans - Aurelia - Parrot 793
480 The Pelicans - White Cliffs Of Dover - Parrot 793
655 The Platters - Give Thanks - Federal 12153
584 The Platters - Hey Now - Federal 12153
341 The Prisonaires - A Prisoner's Prayer - Sun 191
499 The Prisonaires - Baby Please - Sun 186
612 The Prisonaires - I Know - Sun 191
35 The Prisonaires - Just Walkin' In The Rain - Sun 186
381 The Prisonaires - My God Is Real - Sun 189
237 The Prisonaires - Softly And Tenderly - Sun 189
364 The Ravens - Rough Ridin' - Mercury 70213
553 The Ravens - She's Got To Go - Mercury 70119
704 The Ray-O-Vacs - Outside Of Paradise - Jubilee 5124
41 The Rivileers - A Thousand Stars - Baton 200
520 The Robins - (Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I - RCA
47-5175
390 The Robins - All Night Baby - RCA 47-5271
449 The Robins - Don't Stop Now - RCA 47-5564
518 The Robins - Get It Off Your Mind - RCA 47-5564
27 The Robins - How Would You Know - RCA 47-5434
492 The Robins - Oh, Why - RCA 47-5271
146 The Robins - Ten Days In Jail - RCA 47-5489
260 The Rocketeers - Foolish One - Herald 415
161 The Rockets - Big Leg Mama - Atlantic 988
596 The Rockettes - I Can't Forget - Parrot 789
33 The Royals - Get It - Federal 12133
166 The Royals - Hello Miss Fine - Federal 12150
454 The Royals - I Feel So Blue - Federal 12121
402 The Royals - I Feel That-A-Way - Federal 12150
655 The Royals - No It Ain't - Federal 12133
191 The Royals - Someone Like You - Federal 12160
158 The Royals - That's It - Federal 12160
270 The Royals - The Shrine Of St. Cecelia - Federal 12121
584 The Sauter-Finegan Orchestra - The Moon Is Blue - RCA 47-5359
753 The Serenaders - Baby - DeLuxe 6022
286 The Serenaders - Will She Know - Red Robin 115
612 The Sha-Weez - Early Sunday Morning - Aladdin 3170
283 The Sha-Weez - No One To Love Me - Aladdin 3170
359 The Silvertone Singers - I Got A Home In That Rock - Excello
7013
52 The Spaniels - Baby It's You - Vee Jay 101
309 The Spaniels - Bounce - Vee Jay 101
167 The Spaniels - House Cleaning - Vee Jay 103
48 The Spaniels - The Bells Ring Out - Vee Jay 103
348 The Sparrows - Tell My Baby - Jay-Dee 783
10 The Spiders - I Didn't Want To Do It - Imperial 5265
468 The Spiders - You're The One - Imperial 5265
779 The Sugar Tones - I Just Want To Dream - Okeh 6992
78 The Swallows - Bicycle Tillie - King 4632
730 The Swallows - I'll Be Waiting - King 4676
445 The Swallows - Laugh (Though You Want To Cry) - King 4612
182 The Swallows - Nobody's Lovin' Me - King 4632
409 The Swallows - Pleading Blues - King 4656
318 The Swallows - Trust Me - King 4656
704 The Tennessee Drifters - Boogie Woogie Baby - Dot 1166
317 The Treniers - Rockin' Is Our Bizness - Okeh 6960
357 The Treniers - The Moondog - Okeh 6937
521 The Velvets - At Last - Red Robin 122
136 The Velvets - I - Red Robin 122
369 The Velvets - They Tried - Red Robin 120
379 The Vocaleers - Be True - Red Robin 113
234 The Vocaleers - I Walk Alone - Red Robin 119
470 The Vocaleers - Is It A Dream - Red Robin 114
258 The Voilinaires - Another Soldier Gone - Drummond 4000
235 Tiny Bradshaw - Heavy Juice - King 4621
562 Titus Turner - Big Mary's - Okeh 6961
327 Todd Rhodes - Lost Child - King 4601
767 Tommy Sands - Love Pains - RCA 47-5435
100 Tony Bennett - Rags To Riches - Columbia 40048
417 Tony Bennett - Stranger In Paradise - Columbia 40121
739 Tony Martin - April In Portugal - RCA 47-5279
439 Tony Martin - Stranger In Paradise - RCA 47-5535
326 Varetta Dillard - (That's The Way) My Mind Is Working - Savoy
1118
565 Varetta Dillard - Getting Ready For My Daddy - Savoy 884
77 Varetta Dillard - Mercy Mr Percy - Savoy 897
584 Vera Lynn - If You Love Me - UK Decca 10196
307 Vera Lynn - We'll Meet Again - UK Decca 10081
480 Vic Damone - April In Portugal - Mercury 70128
480 Vic Damone - Ebb Tide - Mercury 70216
687 Vic Damone - Eternally - Mercury 70186
723 Vic Damone - Sugar - Mercury 70128
536 Washboard Sam - Digging My Potatoes - Chess 1545
409 Webb Pierce - I'm Walking The Dog - Decca 28834
473 Webb Pierce - It's Been So Long - Decca 28725
464 Webb Pierce - Last Waltz - Decca 28594
449 Webb Pierce - That's Me Without You - Decca 28534
116 Webb Pierce - There Stands The Glass - Decca 28834
295 Werly Fairburn - Camping With Marie - Trumpet 195
745 William Kapell - Eighteenth Variation On A Theme Of Paganini -
RCA 49-4210
623 Willie & Thelma Johnson - Don't Tell Mama - Savoy 881
312 Willie Love - Vanity Dresser Boogie - Trumpet 173
521 Willie Mabon - I Got To Go - Chess 1554
124 Willie Mabon - I'm Mad - Chess 1538
99 Willie Mabon - Monday Woman - Chess 1548
399 Willie Mabon - You're A Fool - Chess 1548
12 Willie Mae "Big Mama" Thornton - Hound Dog - Peacock 1612
44 Willie Mae "Big Mama" Thornton - They Call Me Big Mama - Peacock
1621
123 Willie Nix - Baker Shop Boogie - Sun 179
643 Willie Nix - Just Can't Say - Sabre 104
127 Wynonie Harris - Down Boy Down - King 4685
602 Wynonie Harris - Mama Your Daughter's Done Lied On Me - King
4620
399 Wynonie Harris - Please Louise - King 4668
126 Wynonie Harris - Quiet Whiskey - King 4685
53 Wynonie Harris - The Deacon Don't Like It - King 4635
379 Wynonie Harris - Wasn't That Good - King 4620
233 Young John Watson - Motorhead Baby - Federal 12131
273 Young John Watson - What's Going On - Federal 12157

Click here to read the complete article
Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<19aff2e604438705d51f954bc3c834e2@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43132&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43132

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:55:06 +0000
From: maria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Roger)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
 by: Roger - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:55 UTC

Bruce wrote:

> A few others:

> 103 ¦ Sweetness ¦ Castelles

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu70dSfk_Zs

> Excellent flip side of collector's classic "My Girl Awaits Me."

My #116 and an 8

#293 and a 7. I never heard this till someone on here mentioned it. I guess that was Diane probably?

> 116 ¦ My Mind Is Working ¦ Varetta Dillard

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpS8zQfxEss

> Odd Savoy record that's really good.

I list this as "(That's The Way) My Mind Is Working"

A 7 and # 665

#323 and a 7

> 123 ¦ Best Of Friends ¦ Dixie Doodlers

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAt69QQVDR4

> Very unique track on Excello. Sounds like it could be from 1933.

Never heard this before and not sure I wanna hear it again.

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<ZtqcnTiHzMFtrL37nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43133&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43133

From: mdintenf...@xxnew.rr.com (Mark D.)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 20:32:48 +0000
 by: Mark D. - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 20:32 UTC

On Apr 17, 2024 at 12:42:30 AM CDT, "Roger" <Roger> wrote:

> Honeyboy – Bloodstains On The Wall
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC-hDye0-Cw
>
> Originally hailing from Fostoria Alabama,Frank Patt moved to Los Angeles in
> 1952 soon hooking up with pianist Gus Jenkins (a fellow Alabamian) cutting his
> first record for Art Rupe’s Specialty label “Bloodstains On The Wall” a really
> dark and atmospheric blues about a blood soaked murder. Chilling stuff indeed
> and one of my favorite blues records ever

You introduced us to this one long time ago, and it's still on my big
playlist. First-rate record.

--md

remove "xx" for email

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<ved02j1o0pbfjhktho8kgjh419i7ihqnj8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43134&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43134

From: playl...@playlist.com (Playlist)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 17:01:23 -0400
 by: Playlist - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 21:01 UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch_videos?video_ids=FDU1IZU3lmU,B7axISfS3iE,GaCc1BkytNk,F6jaHO0MY-Q,G-gYx-ZQ45Q,oeUOvG4PDNo,VC-hDye0-Cw,qxvrdACuIQM,GME0J3N2PWc,

Lucky Joe Almond – Rock Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDU1IZU3lmU

The Ambassadors – Darling I’m Sorry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7axISfS3iE

The Carols – Fifty Million Women
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaCc1BkytNk

Chicago Sunny Boy – Western Union Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6jaHO0MY-Q

The Five Blue Notes – Ooh Baby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-gYx-ZQ45Q

The Five Thrills – Feel So Good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeUOvG4PDNo

Honeyboy – Bloodstains On The Wall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC-hDye0-Cw

The Magic Tones – Cool Cool Baby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxvrdACuIQM&t=25s

Moohah – All Shook Out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GME0J3N2PWc

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<6ie02jtk1n6eodjuglob1uoi0054kqdpca@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43135&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43135

From: playl...@playlist.com (Playlist)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 17:11:08 -0400
 by: Playlist - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 21:11 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 17:07:34 +0000, savoybg@aol.com (Bruce) wrote:

>Let's see what I can come up with for 1953.

>As usual, with the record's ranking on my list from the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch_videos?video_ids=4wV0s7BEguo,CCrjiHTNpyE,Fzrmr4-B3Fw,k2AQgxMdbVc,iNeORj68DLw,x7_MftvYOjQ,5KSdFwylNhA,JM-5L426u_8,6ZefXA_wxdk,-xnaa4yEjgI,Yu70dSfk_Zs,18xjPvMIOYY,dpS8zQfxEss,m6iG5PtrO9c,LAt69QQVDR4,

21 ¦ Just A Little Walk ¦ Bobby Marchan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wV0s7BEguo

[...]

<41e02jhkiifp0dqliiptcvlrqot9vg3hk0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43136&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43136

From: letsr...@opbox.com (RWC)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 17:25:11 -0400
 by: RWC - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 21:25 UTC

wrote:

>Today......{Obscurities} from 1953

Geoff's Playlist (12 tracks; 9 are r&b):
https://www.youtube.com/watch_videos?video_ids=KuqvRgSxMyY,q8SnO2yFKgA,TPV9ABFbZ5U,OubeqsJh_4A,SOlmnvdoPjE,gTXyBMEbbNs,FIUFGSCQSVw,aJyCJU9nxjY,DVUQ_lmoyJ4,4ypMx35rDdY,GbbaWECTVWc,lRl6nsbZjjA,

Shirley Gunther With Monroe Tucker And His Orchestra - Send Him Back
[Flair 1020]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuqvRgSxMyY
Big Duke {Henderson} and his Orchestra - Hey Dr. Kinsey [Flair 1018]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8SnO2yFKgA

The Blue Notes w. Joe Loco and his Quintet - Too Hot To Handle [Rama
25;b-side]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPV9ABFbZ5U

Big Duke {Henderson} and His Orchestra - Baby Beat It [Flair
1029;b-side]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OubeqsJh_4A

Big Memphis Marainey - Baby, No, No! [Sun 184;b-side]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOlmnvdoPjE

Billy Starr - Hound Dog [Imperial 8186]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTXyBMEbbNs

Carmen Taylor - Big Mamou Daddy [Atlantic 1015]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIUFGSCQSVw

Johnny O'Neal - Ugly Woman [Sun unreleased]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJyCJU9nxjY

Little Esther - Hound Dog [Federal 12126]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVUQ_lmoyJ4

Charlie Gore And Louis Innis - (You Ain't Nothin' But A Female) Hound
Dog [King 1212]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ypMx35rDdY

The Du Droppers - Bam Balam [RCA unissued]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbbaWECTVWc

From film O'Cangaceiro - Mulher Rendeira-Toada [DE RCA EPA-9634]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRl6nsbZjjA

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<etf02jdl74mpuudpgv5rufcb4kdjekb7la@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43137&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43137

From: letsr...@opbox.com (RWC)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 17:35:24 -0400
 by: RWC - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 21:35 UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch_videos?video_ids=KuqvRgSxMyY,q8SnO2yFKgA,TPV9ABFbZ5U,SOlmnvdoPjE,gTXyBMEbbNs,FIUFGSCQSVw,aJyCJU9nxjY,DVUQ_lmoyJ4,4ypMx35rDdY,GbbaWECTVWc,lRl6nsbZjjA,

>Big Duke {Henderson} and His Orchestra - Baby Beat It [Flair
>1029;b-side]
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OubeqsJh_4A

Sorry, this should be in 1954.

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<291961547410e63aa968af7c2f5c7760@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43139&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43139

Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 02:38:37 +0000
From: savo...@aol.com (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
 by: Bruce - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 02:38 UTC

Here is my 1953 list at this point.

1 ¦ Head Happy With Wine ¦ Sticks McGhee
2 ¦ Money Honey ¦ Drifters
3 ¦ Too Much Lovin' ¦ Five Royales
4 ¦ Honey Hush ¦ Joe Turner
5 ¦ Big Mamou ¦ Smiley Lewis
6 ¦ Please Love Me ¦ B.B. King
7 ¦ White Cliffs Of Dover ¦ Checkers
8 ¦ I Didn't Want To Do It ¦ Spiders
9 ¦ Playgirl ¦ Smiley Lewis
10 ¦ Please Don't Leave Me ¦ Fats Domino
11 ¦ Sunday Kind Of Love ¦ Harptones
12 ¦ Baby It's You ¦ Spaniels
13 ¦ Feel So Good ¦ Five Thrills
14 ¦ Please Don't Go ¦ Floyd Dixon
15 ¦ How Would You Know ¦ Robins
16 ¦ If I Can't Have You ¦ Flamingos
17 ¦ TV Mama ¦ Joe Turner
18 ¦ Jungle Juice ¦ Sticks McGhee
19 ¦ Hound Dog ¦ Big Mama Thornton
20 ¦ Crying In The Chapel ¦ Orioles
21 ¦ Just A Little Walk ¦ Bobby Marchan
22 ¦ Get It Off Your Mind ¦ Robins
23 ¦ Gee ¦ Crows
24 ¦ Rose Mary ¦ Fats Domino
25 ¦ Oke-She-Moke-She-Pop ¦ Joe Turner
26 ¦ Get It ¦ Royals
27 ¦ Caldonia's Party ¦ Smiley Lewis
28 ¦ Ball The Wall (unreleased master) ¦ Prof. Longhair
29 ¦ Crazy Crazy Crazy ¦ Five Royales
30 ¦ Just In From Texas ¦ Rosco Gordon
31 ¦ Crawlin' ¦ Clovers
32 ¦ Crawdad Hole ¦ Joe Turner
33 ¦ The Mojo ¦ J.B. Lenoir
34 ¦ My God Is Real ¦ Prisonaires
35 ¦ That's How I Feel About You ¦ Buddy & Ella Johnson
36 ¦ Laundromat Blues ¦ Five Royales
37 ¦ Send For Me ¦ Big Maybelle
38 ¦ Going To The River ¦ Fats Domino
39 ¦ Ten Days In Jail ¦ Robins
40 ¦ No Blow, No Show ¦ Bobby "Blue" Bland
41 ¦ Let's Have A Party ¦ Amos Milburn
42 ¦ 4 x 11 = 44 ¦ Bobby Mitchell & Toppers
43 ¦ The Bells Ring Out ¦ Spaniels
44 ¦ She Felt Too Good ¦ Jimmy McCracklin
45 ¦ Teardrops On My Pillow ¦ Orioles
46 ¦ One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer ¦ Amos Milburn
47 ¦ I'm Mad ¦ Willie Mabon
48 ¦ Mama, He Treats Your Daughter Mean ¦ Ruth Brown
49 ¦ Ain't It A Shame ¦ Lloyd Price
50 ¦ My Saddest Hour ¦ Five Keys
51 ¦ Hole In The Wall ¦ Floyd Dixon
52 ¦ Where You At ¦ Lloyd Price
53 ¦ Hittin' On Me ¦ Buddy & Ella Johnson
54 ¦ Mardi Gras In New Orleans ¦ Fats Domino
55 ¦ Please Hurry Home ¦ B.B. King
56 ¦ Your Cheatin' Heart ¦ Hank Williams
57 ¦ Well, I Done Got Over It ¦ Guitar Slim
58 ¦ The Deacon Don't Like It ¦ Wynonie Harris
59 ¦ Early In The Morning ¦ Elmore James
60 ¦ Lovie Darling ¦ Cardinals
61 ¦ Carried Away ¦ Flamingos
62 ¦ Love Me Til Your Dying Day ¦ Muskateers
63 ¦ Whistle My Love ¦ Moonglows
64 ¦ Till Then ¦ Orioles
65 ¦ Letter From Home ¦ Roy Brown
66 ¦ Baby Please ¦ Moonglows
67 ¦ House Cleaning ¦ Spaniels
68 ¦ 5 O'Clock Blues ¦ Memphis Slim
69 ¦ Cadillac Baby (unreleased master) ¦ Little Caeser
70 ¦ My Girl Awaits Me ¦ Castelles
71 ¦ The Clock ¦ Johnny Ace
72 ¦ I Wanna Know ¦ Dolly Cooper
73 ¦ Pony Tail ¦ T-Bone Walker
74 ¦ Rocking And Crying Blues ¦ Five Keys
75 ¦ Feelin' Good ¦ Little Junior's Blue Flames
76 ¦ Laugh ¦ Swallows
77 ¦ Dynaflow ¦ Caverliers
78 ¦ Can't Keep From Crying ¦ Five Keys
79 ¦ Someday, Someway ¦ Flamingos
80 ¦ Rockin' At Midnight ¦ Five Thrills
81 ¦ Move Me Baby ¦ Jimmy Witherspoon (Lamplighters)
82 ¦ Another Soldier Gone ¦ Voilinaires
83 ¦ The Way I Feel ¦ Drifters
84 ¦ Gone (alternate version) ¦ Drifters
85 ¦ Freight Train Blues ¦ Lil' Son Jackson
86 ¦ Lying Woman (Unreleased track) ¦ Smiley Lewis
87 ¦ Woke Up This Morning ¦ B.B. King
88 ¦ My Country Man ¦ Big Maybelle
89 ¦ You Look So Fine (unreleased) ¦ Jimmy McCracklin
90 ¦ I'm Just Your Fool ¦ Buddy & Ella Johnson
91 ¦ Rack 'Em Back ¦ Bobby Mitchell & Toppers
92 ¦ Kaw-Liga ¦ Hank Williams
93 ¦ Mess Around ¦ Ray Charles
94 ¦ I'll Never Tell ¦ Harptones
95 ¦ The Comeback ¦ Memphis Slim
96 ¦ Mercy Mr. Percy ¦ Varetta Dillard
97 ¦ Tell Me Pretty Baby ¦ Lloyd Price
98 ¦ I'm Crying ¦ Bobby Mitchell & Toppers
99 ¦ Nobody's Loving Me ¦ Swallows
100 ¦ Jinny Mule ¦ Big Maybelle

BUBBLING UNDER FROM 1953:
101 ¦ Fool At The Wheel ¦ Tempo-Toppers (Little Richard)
102 ¦ Don't Fuck Around With Love ¦ Blenders
103 ¦ Sweetness ¦ Castelles
104 ¦ What's Going On ¦ Johnny "Guitar" Watson
105 ¦ Mad Love ¦ Muddy Waters
106 ¦ Hot Fish ¦ Sherman "Blues" Johnson & His Clouds Of Joy
107 ¦ Crazy Times ¦ Lamplighters
108 ¦ Here Goes A Fool ¦ Clovers
109 ¦ The Things That I Used To Do ¦ Guitar Slim
110 ¦ A Fool Such As I ¦ Robins
111 ¦ Hollerin' And Screamin' ¦ Little Esther
112 ¦ I'll Be True ¦ Faye Adams
113 ¦ Bicycle Tillie ¦ Swallows
114 ¦ Good Lovin' ¦ Clovers
115 ¦ Don't Stop Now ¦ Robins
116 ¦ My Mind Is Working ¦ Varetta Dillard
117 ¦ Weary Blues From Waitin' ¦ Hank Williams
118 ¦ Shake A Hand ¦ Fays Adams
119 ¦ Baby ¦ Serenaders
120 ¦ Shirley, Come Back To Me ¦ Shirley & Lee
121 ¦ You Never Had It So Good ¦ Checkers
122 ¦ Whiskey Women & Loaded Dice ¦ Sticks McGhee
123 ¦ Best Of Friends ¦ Dixie Doodlers
124 ¦ A Thousand Stars ¦ Rivileers
125 ¦ She Wants To Rock ¦ Flairs
126 ¦ Help Me Somebody ¦ Five Royales
127 ¦ Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me) ¦ Five Keys
128 ¦ He's The Best In The Business ¦ Terry Timmons
129 ¦ Have You Gone Crazy ¦ Earl Johnson
130 ¦ One Room Country Shack ¦ Mercy Dee
131 ¦ Rock Rock Rock ¦ Amos Milburn
132 ¦ Take These Chains From My Heart ¦ Hank Williams
133 ¦ All Nite Baby ¦ Robins
134 ¦ All Shook Out ¦ Moohah
135 ¦ Just For You ¦ Jimmy Witherspoon (Lamplighters)
136 ¦ Bear Cat ¦ Rufus Thomas
137 ¦ House Party ¦ Louis Jordan
138 ¦ Lucy Mae Blues ¦ Frankie Lee Sims
139 ¦ You're Mine ¦ Crickets
140 ¦ Dolores ¦ Five Willows
141 ¦ Yes, It's You ¦ Clovers
142 ¦ Baby Doll ¦ Marvin & Johnny
143 ¦ Good Old 99 ¦ Marylanders
144 ¦ All Righty ¦ Five Royales
145 ¦ Pleading Blues ¦ Swallows
146 ¦ Hurry Home Baby ¦ Flamingos
147 ¦ I Ain't No Fool Either ¦ Big Mama Thornton
148 ¦ Make A Little Love ¦ Elmore James
149 ¦ The Tears Keep Tumbling Down ¦ Ruth Brown
150 ¦ Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me ¦ Orioles
151 ¦ I Love You So ¦ Crows
152 ¦ I Won't Be Home No More ¦ Hank Williams
153 ¦ Bam Balam ¦ Du-Droppers
154 ¦ I Wanna Thank You ¦ Five Royales
155 ¦ Dealin' From The Bottom ¦ Sticks McGhee
156 ¦ Drunk ¦ Jimmy Liggins
157 ¦ You're So Fine ¦ Little Walter
158 ¦ High And Lonesome ¦ Jimmy Reed
159 ¦ You're The One ¦ Spiders
160 ¦ Soul On Fire ¦ LaVerne Baker
161 ¦ Heartbreaker ¦ Crows
162 ¦ Ride Jimmy Ride ¦ Five Thrillls
163 ¦ Milk And Gin ¦ Crickets
164 ¦ Saving My Love For You ¦ Johnny Ace
165 ¦ The Beating Of My Heart ¦ Charmers
166 ¦ Gonna Tell You A Story (This Woman Of Mine) ¦ Wilbert Harrison
167 ¦ What's The Matter Now ¦ Lloyd Price
168 ¦ Cherry Wine ¦ Little Esther
169 ¦ Empty Bottles ¦ Robins
170 ¦ Meet You In The Morning ¦ Sticks McGhee
171 ¦ Quiet Whiskey ¦ Wynonie Harris
172 ¦ Hey, Santa Claus ¦ Moonglows
173 ¦ Blind Love ¦ B.B. King
174 ¦ Mystery Train ¦ Little Junior's Blue Flames
175 ¦ Hey Mr. Cotton Picker ¦ Moon Mullican
176 ¦ Route 90 ¦ Clarence Garlow
177 ¦ Wasn't That Good ¦ Wynonie Harris
178 ¦ Ain't That Good News ¦ Tempo-Toppers (Little Richard)
179 ¦ Why Oh Why ¦ Bobby Hall & Kings
180 ¦ Just A Lonely Christmas ¦ Moonglows
181 ¦ Tell My Baby ¦ Sparrows
182 ¦ 50-50- Love ¦ Ramblers
183 ¦ Lonely Mood ¦ Five Echoes
184 ¦ I Would If I Could ¦ Ruth Brown
185 ¦ Last Call For Whiskey ¦ Choker Campbell
186 ¦ Sad And Lonely ¦ Lamplighters
187 ¦ These Foolish Things ¦ Five Keys
188 ¦ Just Walkin' In The Rain ¦ Prisonaires
189 ¦ The Shrine Of St. Cecelia ¦ Royals
190 ¦ Turn The Lamp Down Low ¦ Muddy Waters
191 ¦ Crazy, Man, Crazy ¦ Bill Haley & His Comets
192 ¦ Rocket To The Moon ¦ Moon Mullican
193 ¦ You Took My Love Too Fast ¦ Little Esther
194 ¦ Down Boy Down ¦ Wynonie Harris
195 ¦ Country Gal ¦ Dave Bartholomew
196 ¦ Church Members Ball ¦ Tabby & His Mellow, Mellow Men
197 ¦ Turn Me Loose ¦ Lamplighters
198 ¦ Frog Legs ¦ Lloyd Price
199 ¦ Fifty Million Women ¦ Carols
200 ¦ Wild, Wild Young Men ¦ Ruth Brown
201 ¦ What'cha Gonna Do ¦ Bill Haley & His Comets
202 ¦ Real Pretty Mama ¦ Meadowlarks
203 ¦ Dirty By The Dozen ¦ Little Johnny Jones
204 ¦ Party Girl ¦ T-Bone Walker
205 ¦ Monday Woman ¦ Willie Mabon
206 ¦ Sinful Women ¦ Elmore James
207 ¦ Please Find My Baby ¦ Elmore James
208 ¦ Finance Man ¦ George Green
209 ¦ Please Don't Send Me ¦ Little Esther
210 ¦ A Day Is Coming ¦ Tommy Ridgley
211 ¦ Somebody Told Me ¦ Little Milton
212 ¦ Please Don't ¦ Johnny Shines
213 ¦ Ship Of Love ¦ Lyres
214 ¦ Love Only You ¦ Meadowlarks
215 ¦ Did You Mean It ¦ Ivory Joe Hunter
216 ¦ Told You Twice ¦ Cledus Harrison
217 ¦ I'll Be Sittin,' I'll Be Rockin' ¦ Larry Darnell
218 ¦ Ghost Of My Baby ¦ Checkers
219 ¦ I'm Gonna Stop ¦ Gladys "Glad Rags" Patrick
220 ¦ The Sun's Gonna Shine Again ¦ Ray Charles
221 ¦ Blues With a Feeling ¦ Little Walter
222 ¦ Chicago Blues ¦ Little Johnny Jones
223 ¦ White Cliffs Of Dover ¦ Blue Jays
224 ¦ Take It Easy ¦ Jesse Allen
225 ¦ No More Black Nights ¦ Dave Bartholomew
226 ¦ I've Got A New Home ¦ Pilgrim Travelers
227 ¦ No Help Wanted ¦ Bob Gaddy
228 ¦ Got Everything I Need But You ¦ Four Buddies
229 ¦ My Baby Done Told Me ¦ Robins
230 ¦ You Can't Keep A Good Man Down ¦ Dominoes
231 ¦ Cool Cool Baby ¦ Magic-Tones
232 ¦ I Know ¦ Hollywood Flames
233 ¦ Rompin' And Stompin' ¦ Curtis Gordon
234 ¦ Good, Good Whiskey ¦ Amos Milburn
235 ¦ I'm Lost ¦ Mello-Moods
236 ¦ Reelin' And Rockin' ¦ Hornets
237 ¦ I Cover The Waterfront ¦ Orioles
238 ¦ Golden Teardrops ¦ Flamingos
239 ¦ I ¦ Velvets
240 ¦ Is It A Dream ¦ Vocaleers
241 ¦ I Am In Love ¦ Five Jets
242 ¦ One Friday Morning ¦ Bobby Mitchell & Toppers
243 ¦ These Foolish Things ¦ Dominoes
244 ¦ Oh Why? ¦ Robins
245 ¦ I Wanna Know ¦ Du Droppers
246 ¦ My Baby's 3-D ¦ Dominoes
247 ¦ Tennessee Train ¦ Four Knights
248 ¦ Let Me Go Home, Whiskey ¦ Amos Milburn
249 ¦ That's What Makes My Baby Fat ¦ Joe Morris (Faye Scruggs)
250 ¦ How Can You Leave A Man Like This ¦ LaVern Baker
251 ¦ Let's Go To The Dance ¦ Robins
252 ¦ Heartbreaker ¦ Ray Charles
253 ¦ Down At Hayden's ¦ Hunters
254 ¦ New Bon Ton Roulay ¦ Clarence Garlow
255 ¦ Fried Chicken ¦ Marylanders
256 ¦ Dem Days ¦ Orioles
257 ¦ You're A Fool ¦ Willie Mabon
258 ¦ The Proposal ¦ Shirley & Lee
259 ¦ My Gal Is Gone ¦ Five Bluenotes
260 ¦ Cry Baby Cry ¦ Effie Smith
261 ¦ Something's Wrong ¦ Fats Domino
262 ¦ My Kind Of Woman ¦ Emitt Slay Trio
263 ¦ Will You Remember ¦ Lonnie Johnson
264 ¦ You Did Me Wrong ¦ Buccaneers
265 ¦ Cross My Heart ¦ Johnny Ace
266 ¦ Hurry Hurry Baby ¦ Roy Brown
267 ¦ Farewell, So Long, Goodbye ¦ Bill Haley & His Comets
268 ¦ Cheatin' ¦ Fats Domino
269 ¦ Tell Me Mama ¦ Little Walter
270 ¦ Bounce ¦ Spaniels
271 ¦ Cut That Out ¦ Junior Wells
272 ¦ I Feel So Blue ¦ Royals
273 ¦ Fishtruck Boogie ¦ Kitty Kaye & Cats
274 ¦ It Feels So Good ¦ Swallows
275 ¦ Tell Me You Love Me ¦ Flairs
276 ¦ Where Now Little Heart ¦ Dominoes
277 ¦ Comin' On ¦ Clovers
278 ¦ Streamline Woman ¦ Howlin' Wolf
279 ¦ Evalena ¦ Tampa Red
280 ¦ Judgement Day ¦ Floyd Dixon
281 ¦ Foolish Pride ¦ Ivory Joe Hunter
282 ¦ You Should Care For Me ¦ Flairs
283 ¦ Nadine ¦ Coronets
284 ¦ I'll Go ¦ Lil Greenwood & Lamplighters
285 ¦ You Said You Love Me ¦ Fats Domino
286 ¦ Write And Tell Me Why ¦ Orioles
287 ¦ Cheap Old Wine And Whickey ¦ Jack "The Bear" Parker
288 ¦ I'll Be Waiting ¦ Swallows
289 ¦ I'll Plumb Get It ¦ Morris Pejoe
290 ¦ Midsummer Night ¦ Castelles
291 ¦ Don't Tell Mama ¦ Willie Johnson and Thelma
292 ¦ My Happiness ¦ Elvis Presley
293 ¦ Teardrops In Your Eyes ¦ Five Keys
294 ¦ Two Loves Have I ¦ Diamonds
295 ¦ I'm Glad ¦ Mitzi Mars
296 ¦ Yes! I Know (What You're Putting Down) ¦ Linda Hayes
297 ¦ You Can't Bring Me Down ¦ Little Caeser
298 ¦ You're Gonna Miss Me Baby ¦ Harold Young
299 ¦ How Can You Treat Me This Way ¦ Magic-Tones
300 ¦ Fractured ¦ Bill Haley & His Comets
301 ¦ I Found Out (What You Do When You Go 'Round There) ¦ Du Droppers
302 ¦ Fat Daddy ¦ Dinah Washington
303 ¦ So Long Young Girl ¦ Five Thrills
304 ¦ But Officer ¦ Sonny Knight
305 ¦ Nobody Loves Me ¦ Fats Domino
306 ¦ Train, Train, Train ¦ Danny Overbea
307 ¦ My Man's An Undertaker ¦ Dinah Washington
308 ¦ The Song of Love ¦ Mellow Moods
309 ¦ Mama, Your Daughter Done Lied On Me ¦ Wynonie Harris
310 ¦ Go, Boy, Go ¦ Sugar Chile Robinson
311 ¦ I'm So High ¦ Five Keys
312 ¦ Just Can't Stay ¦ Willie Nix
313 ¦ Don't Leave Me This Way ¦ Fats Domino
314 ¦ That's My Desire ¦ Flamingos
315 ¦ My Heart's The Biggest Fool ¦ Robins
316 ¦ Well Rock With Me ¦ Camille Howard
317 ¦ Matilda, Matilda ¦ Harry Belafonte
318 ¦ What Do You Know About That ¦ Charms
319 ¦ Be-Bop Wino ¦ Lamplighters
320 ¦ Two Kinds Of Women ¦ Sonny Sims
321 ¦ Mr. Hound Dog's In Town ¦ Roy Brown
322 ¦ Beggin' At Your Mercy ¦ Earl Johnson
323 ¦ I May Be Wrong ¦ Little Johnny Jones
324 ¦ Just Won't Treat Me Right ¦ Chuck Higgins
325 ¦ Alley Cat ¦ Dolly Cooper
326 ¦ Side By Side ¦ Kay Starr
327 ¦ The Ball Game ¦ Sister Wynona Carr
328 ¦ Call On Me ¦ Mello-Moods
329 ¦ I'm Crying ¦ Lil Greenwood & Lamplighters
330 ¦ She's Gone ¦ Metronomes
331 ¦ I'm All Alone ¦ Coronets
332 ¦ Crawfishin' ¦ Clarence Garlow
333 ¦ Chicago Breakdown ¦ Doctor Ross
334 ¦ I Want My Baby ¦ J.B. Lenore
335 ¦ Me And My Baby ¦ Dolly Cooper
336 ¦ Railroad Blues ¦ Jimmy Liggins
337 ¦ TV Is The Thing (This Year) ¦ Dinah Washington
338 ¦ Blow Wind Blow ¦ Muddy Waters
339 ¦ So Long ¦ Lloyd Price
340 ¦ Wine Head Baby ¦ Lazy Slim Jim
341 ¦ Hey Fine Mama ¦ Henry Pierce & Five Notes
342 ¦ I'm Not A Fool ¦ Jesse & Marvin
343 ¦ Come Go My Bail Louise ¦ Five Keys
344 ¦ He's My Guide ¦ Soul Stirrers
345 ¦ I Love My Baby ¦ Howlin' Wolf
346 ¦ Bloodstains On The Wall ¦ Honey Boy
347 ¦ Tell Me You Love Me ¦ Hollywood Blue Jays
348 ¦ My Dear, Dearest Darling ¦ Five Willows
349 ¦ Jockey Jump ¦ Willie Jones
350 ¦ Marie ¦ Four Tunes
351 ¦ I Had A Love ¦ Hollywood Blue Jays
352 ¦ Love Wasn't There ¦ Checkers
353 ¦ Midnight Hours Journey ¦ Johnny Ace
354 ¦ Ringing In A Brand New Year ¦ Dominoes
355 ¦ Baby, You're The One ¦ Ebonaires
356 ¦ Baby ¦ Shirley & Lee
357 ¦ My Baby Started Cryin' ¦ John Perry Orchestra
358 ¦ Hello Miss Fine ¦ Royals
359 ¦ Turn The Lamps Down Low ¦ Little Esther (Little Willie Littlefield)
360 ¦ Getting Ready For My Daddy ¦ Varetta Dillard
361 ¦ Don't Deceive Me ¦ Chuck Willis
362 ¦ Sunday Kind Of Love ¦ Bobby Hall & Kings
363 ¦ There Ought To Be A Law ¦ Five Keys
364 ¦ Our Love Is Dying ¦ Swallows
365 ¦ Old Age Boogie ¦ Roy Brown
366 ¦ Drive Soldiers Drive ¦ Little Maxie
367 ¦ Talkin' All Out of My Head ¦ Little Esther
368 ¦ Dark Muddy Bottom ¦ Mercy Dee
369 ¦ Ooh Lawdy My Baby ¦ Tommy Ridgley
370 ¦ I Done It ¦ Moon Mullican
371 ¦ Cry Hard Luck ¦ Jimmy Nelson
372 ¦ Feelin' Bad ¦ Little Junior's Blue Flames
373 ¦ All Night Boogie ¦ Howlin' Wolf
374 ¦ My Life Is Ruined ¦ Muddy Waters
375 ¦ About To Lose My Mind ¦ Big Boy Spires
376 ¦ Worried About My Baby ¦ Sunnyland Slim
377 ¦ Goose Rock ¦ Bud Hobbs
378 ¦ Cow Cow Boogie ¦ Merrill E. Moore
379 ¦ Tennessee Wig Walk ¦ Bonnie Lou
380 ¦ Hey, Mr. Cotton Picker ¦ Tennessee Ernie Ford
381 ¦ Let's Talk It Over ¦ Hollywood Flames
382 ¦ You're Still My Baby ¦ Chuck Willis
383 ¦ Grandpa Stole My Baby ¦ Roy Brown
384 ¦ I've Got The World On A String ¦ Frank Sinatra
385 ¦ I'll Never Let You Go ¦ Tampa Red
386 ¦ Oh Babe ¦ Five Keys
387 ¦ Lee Goofed ¦ Shirley & Lee
388 ¦ Early Sunday Morning ¦ Sha-Weez
389 ¦ Goin' Down ¦ Fats Matthews
390 ¦ Time Is A-Passin' ¦ Paul Gayten
391 ¦ School Days ¦ Dizzy Gillespie (Joe Carroll)
392 ¦ Good Luck Darlin' ¦ Five Crowns
393 ¦ Grandpa Stole My Baby ¦ Moon Mullican
394 ¦ All Night Long ¦ Five Willows
395 ¦ The Girl I Love ¦ Fats Domino
396 ¦ You Thrill Me So ¦ Caverliers
397 ¦ Snatchin' Back ¦ Dave Bartholomew
398 ¦ Baby I'm Doin' It ¦ Annisteen Allen
399 ¦ West Memphis Blues ¦ Sonny Boy Williamson
400 ¦ I'll Always Be In Love With You ¦ Five Keys
401 ¦ I Can't Believe ¦ Hornets
402 ¦ Santa Baby ¦ Eartha Kitt
403 ¦ When You're Gone ¦ Five Keys
404 ¦ Trust Me ¦ Swallows
405 ¦ White Christmas ¦ Golden Gate Quartet
406 ¦ Baby Come Back To Me ¦ Five Echoes
407 ¦ Too Close To Heaven ¦ Professor Alex Bradford
408 ¦ No 9 On The Menu Cat A La Carte And Dog Slaw ¦ George Curry The One Man Quartet
409 ¦ Hole In The ground ¦ Freddie Kohlman Orch. (Cousin Joe)
410 ¦ My Kinda Woman ¦ Allen Bunn
411 ¦ No One To Love Me ¦ Sha-Weez
412 ¦ Julocka Jolly ¦ Jumping Jacks
413 ¦ Hey Now ¦ Platters
414 ¦ Act Like You Love Me (alternate) ¦ Jimmy Rogers
415 ¦ This Is The Real Thing Now ¦ Billy Dawn Quartet
416 ¦ Something's Wrong ¦ Woo Woo Moore
417 ¦ Big Minded Daddy ¦ Lady Fox
418 ¦ I Don't Play ¦ Arbee Stedham
419 ¦ Too Close Together ¦ Sonny Boy Williamson
420 ¦ Hurry Back Good News ¦ Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown
421 ¦ No More Crying On My Pillow ¦ Melvin Daniels (King Curtis)
422 ¦ Boogie Uproar ¦ Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown

Click here to read the complete article
Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<0d7670026bab5f55fd704f7f132f58c3@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43140&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43140

Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 02:52:43 +0000
From: savo...@aol.com (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
 by: Bruce - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 02:52 UTC

Roger wrote:

> Bruce wrote:

>> 123 ¦ Best Of Friends ¦ Dixie Doodlers

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAt69QQVDR4

>> Very unique track on Excello. Sounds like it could be from 1933.

> Never heard this before and not sure I wanna hear it again.

LOL, give it a few more listens, it will grow on you.

This one must be on your list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbb0ox9sFms

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<61f6d90ac731234f14fb3bf9701325aa@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43141&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43141

Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 06:33:01 +0000
From: maria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Roger)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
References: <a3d0e2e07cd24051a435f6fcf1f2e5e9@www.novabbs.com> <115251fc853aa1a0a2c23da200ae3f60@www.novabbs.com> <3bf59cea11835d1480ca5f9d4d723362@www.novabbs.com> <c47b8358aa1147476fcd75ac13092264@www.novabbs.com> <cb1bf523947ff893bd11c9e69a916d18@www.novabbs.com> <c4974e30b6f338c3891248f1d9302a75@www.novabbs.com> <19aff2e604438705d51f954bc3c834e2@www.novabbs.com> <0d7670026bab5f55fd704f7f132f58c3@www.novabbs.com>
 by: Roger - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 06:33 UTC

Bruce wrote:

> Roger wrote:

>> Bruce wrote:

>>> 123 ¦ Best Of Friends ¦ Dixie Doodlers

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAt69QQVDR4

>>> Very unique track on Excello. Sounds like it could be from 1933.

>> Never heard this before and not sure I wanna hear it again.

> LOL, give it a few more listens, it will grow on you.

> This one must be on your list:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbb0ox9sFms

No it mustn't :)

It's so so but no big deal - just a 5 so not listed

All star lineup behind him tho with Buck Owens,Tommy Collins and Ferlin Husky

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<8r022jl99fed8gptt377iifp62adekqjba@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43142&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43142

From: letsr...@opbox.com (RWC)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 08:26:21 -0400
 by: RWC - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 12:26 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:55:06 +0000, mariabus@blueyonder.co.uk (Roger)
wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>

>> 123 ¦ Best Of Friends ¦ Dixie Doodlers
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAt69QQVDR4
>
>> Very unique track on Excello. Sounds like it could be from 1933.
>
>Never heard this before and not sure I wanna hear it again.

It was in the 1953 SINGLES BATTLE, voted/ranked 313 out of 780.

Suffixed with "(G)" in my digital collection, and still liking it, I
was going to list it; but I didn't because I have a personal rule for
this thread, being, *if* I can find 10 or more fave obscure records
that are *not* listed in that year's BATTLE then my intention is to
only list non-BATTLE records (yes, I know that a record might still be
considered obscure even if it *was* in a BATTLE...)

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<4aa1b08842f4886971f6da3d1af197cf@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43143&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43143

Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:53:51 +0000
From: maria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Roger)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
References: <a3d0e2e07cd24051a435f6fcf1f2e5e9@www.novabbs.com> <115251fc853aa1a0a2c23da200ae3f60@www.novabbs.com> <3bf59cea11835d1480ca5f9d4d723362@www.novabbs.com> <c47b8358aa1147476fcd75ac13092264@www.novabbs.com> <cb1bf523947ff893bd11c9e69a916d18@www.novabbs.com> <c4974e30b6f338c3891248f1d9302a75@www.novabbs.com> <19aff2e604438705d51f954bc3c834e2@www.novabbs.com> <8r022jl99fed8gptt377iifp62adekqjba@4ax.com>
 by: Roger - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:53 UTC

RWC wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:55:06 +0000, mariabus@blueyonder.co.uk (Roger)
> wrote:

>>Bruce wrote:
>>

>>> 123 ¦ Best Of Friends ¦ Dixie Doodlers
>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAt69QQVDR4
>>
>>> Very unique track on Excello. Sounds like it could be from 1933.
>>
>>Never heard this before and not sure I wanna hear it again.

> It was in the 1953 SINGLES BATTLE, voted/ranked 313 out of 780.

Indeed it was! And I had forgotten all about it

And the most amazing thing of all....I EVEN VOTED FOR THE FUCKING THING!!! :)

Here's how The Doodlers dooded in the 1953 Singles Battle (i think 'twill be obvious where my vote for them was)

PRELIM
>13 The Dixie Doodlers - Best Of Friends - Excello 2023
> 6 Joni James - You're Fooling Someone - M-G-M 11543

R1
>12 Clarence "Bon Ton" Garlow - Route 90 - Flair 1021
> 5 The Dixie Doodlers - Best Of Friends - Excello 2023

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<cc9fc2cfd54b6b76304934af20d04f5b@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43144&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43144

Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:08:40 +0000
From: maria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Roger)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
References: <a3d0e2e07cd24051a435f6fcf1f2e5e9@www.novabbs.com> <115251fc853aa1a0a2c23da200ae3f60@www.novabbs.com> <3bf59cea11835d1480ca5f9d4d723362@www.novabbs.com> <c47b8358aa1147476fcd75ac13092264@www.novabbs.com> <cb1bf523947ff893bd11c9e69a916d18@www.novabbs.com> <c4974e30b6f338c3891248f1d9302a75@www.novabbs.com> <19aff2e604438705d51f954bc3c834e2@www.novabbs.com> <8r022jl99fed8gptt377iifp62adekqjba@4ax.com> <4aa1b08842f4886971f6da3d1af197cf@www.novabbs.com>
 by: Roger - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:08 UTC

Roger wrote:

> RWC wrote:

>> On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:55:06 +0000, mariabus@blueyonder.co.uk (Roger)
>> wrote:

>>>Never heard this before and not sure I wanna hear it again.

>> It was in the 1953 SINGLES BATTLE, voted/ranked 313 out of 780.

> Indeed it was! And I had forgotten all about it

> And the most amazing thing of all....I EVEN VOTED FOR THE FUCKING THING!!! :)

> Here's how The Doodlers dooded in the 1953 Singles Battle (i think 'twill be obvious where my vote for them was)

> PRELIM
>>13 The Dixie Doodlers - Best Of Friends - Excello 2023
>> 6 Joni James - You're Fooling Someone - M-G-M 11543

> R1
>>12 Clarence "Bon Ton" Garlow - Route 90 - Flair 1021
>> 5 The Dixie Doodlers - Best Of Friends - Excello 2023

BTW Anyone hankering after a copy (and probably LITERALLY that!) of the Dixie Doodlers check this out

https://nohitrecords.co.uk/product/dixie-doodlers-best-of-friends-she-was-all-i-had-excello-45-re/

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<deb1a2d40c96175e2ad96ab50c61677b@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43145&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43145

Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:34:54 +0000
From: savo...@aol.com (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
References: <a3d0e2e07cd24051a435f6fcf1f2e5e9@www.novabbs.com> <115251fc853aa1a0a2c23da200ae3f60@www.novabbs.com> <3bf59cea11835d1480ca5f9d4d723362@www.novabbs.com> <c47b8358aa1147476fcd75ac13092264@www.novabbs.com> <cb1bf523947ff893bd11c9e69a916d18@www.novabbs.com> <c4974e30b6f338c3891248f1d9302a75@www.novabbs.com> <19aff2e604438705d51f954bc3c834e2@www.novabbs.com> <8r022jl99fed8gptt377iifp62adekqjba@4ax.com> <4aa1b08842f4886971f6da3d1af197cf@www.novabbs.com> <cc9fc2cfd54b6b76304934af20d04f5b@www.novabbs.com>
 by: Bruce - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:34 UTC

Roger wrote:

> Roger wrote:

>> RWC wrote:

>>> It was in the 1953 SINGLES BATTLE, voted/ranked 313 out of 780.

>> Indeed it was! And I had forgotten all about it

>> And the most amazing thing of all....I EVEN VOTED FOR THE FUCKING THING!!! :)

LOL....don't feel bad, I thought I found a couple of new things I liked in Geoff's playlist from this thread, and I had all of them already. Memories just don't work that well when you get to senior citizen status :-)

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<1km22j9h913lu5fgmoail1ljjokv41qhfv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43146&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43146

From: letsr...@opbox.com (RWC)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:49:28 -0400
 by: RWC - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 17:49 UTC

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 02:38:37 +0000, savoybg@aol.com (Bruce) wrote:

>Here is my 1953 list at this point.
>
>1 ¦ Head Happy With Wine ¦ Sticks McGhee
>422 ¦ Boogie Uproar ¦ Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown

By Artist ¦ Song:

410 ¦ Allen Bunn ¦ My Kinda Woman
234 ¦ Amos Milburn ¦ Good, Good Whiskey
248 ¦ Amos Milburn ¦ Let Me Go Home, Whiskey
41 ¦ Amos Milburn ¦ Let's Have A Party
46 ¦ Amos Milburn ¦ One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer
131 ¦ Amos Milburn ¦ Rock Rock Rock
398 ¦ Annisteen Allen ¦ Baby I'm Doin' It
418 ¦ Arbee Stedham ¦ I Don't Play
173 ¦ B.B. King ¦ Blind Love
55 ¦ B.B. King ¦ Please Hurry Home
6 ¦ B.B. King ¦ Please Love Me
87 ¦ B.B. King ¦ Woke Up This Morning
375 ¦ Big Boy Spires ¦ About To Lose My Mind
19 ¦ Big Mama Thornton ¦ Hound Dog
147 ¦ Big Mama Thornton ¦ I Ain't No Fool Either
100 ¦ Big Maybelle ¦ Jinny Mule
88 ¦ Big Maybelle ¦ My Country Man
37 ¦ Big Maybelle ¦ Send For Me
191 ¦ Bill Haley & His Comets ¦ Crazy, Man, Crazy
267 ¦ Bill Haley & His Comets ¦ Farewell, So Long, Goodbye
300 ¦ Bill Haley & His Comets ¦ Fractured
201 ¦ Bill Haley & His Comets ¦ What'cha Gonna Do
415 ¦ Billy Dawn Quartet ¦ This Is The Real Thing Now
102 ¦ Blenders ¦ Don't Fuck Around With Love
223 ¦ Blue Jays ¦ White Cliffs Of Dover
227 ¦ Bob Gaddy ¦ No Help Wanted
40 ¦ Bobby "Blue" Bland ¦ No Blow, No Show
362 ¦ Bobby Hall & Kings ¦ Sunday Kind Of Love
179 ¦ Bobby Hall & Kings ¦ Why Oh Why
21 ¦ Bobby Marchan ¦ Just A Little Walk
42 ¦ Bobby Mitchell & Toppers ¦ 4 x 11 = 44
98 ¦ Bobby Mitchell & Toppers ¦ I'm Crying
242 ¦ Bobby Mitchell & Toppers ¦ One Friday Morning
91 ¦ Bobby Mitchell & Toppers ¦ Rack 'Em Back
379 ¦ Bonnie Lou ¦ Tennessee Wig Walk
264 ¦ Buccaneers ¦ You Did Me Wrong
377 ¦ Bud Hobbs ¦ Goose Rock
53 ¦ Buddy & Ella Johnson ¦ Hittin' On Me
90 ¦ Buddy & Ella Johnson ¦ I'm Just Your Fool
35 ¦ Buddy & Ella Johnson ¦ That's How I Feel About You
316 ¦ Camille Howard ¦ Well Rock With Me
60 ¦ Cardinals ¦ Lovie Darling
199 ¦ Carols ¦ Fifty Million Women
290 ¦ Castelles ¦ Midsummer Night
70 ¦ Castelles ¦ My Girl Awaits Me
103 ¦ Castelles ¦ Sweetness
77 ¦ Caverliers ¦ Dynaflow
396 ¦ Caverliers ¦ You Thrill Me So
165 ¦ Charmers ¦ The Beating Of My Heart
318 ¦ Charms ¦ What Do You Know About That
218 ¦ Checkers ¦ Ghost Of My Baby
352 ¦ Checkers ¦ Love Wasn't There
7 ¦ Checkers ¦ White Cliffs Of Dover
121 ¦ Checkers ¦ You Never Had It So Good
185 ¦ Choker Campbell ¦ Last Call For Whiskey
324 ¦ Chuck Higgins ¦ Just Won't Treat Me Right
361 ¦ Chuck Willis ¦ Don't Deceive Me
382 ¦ Chuck Willis ¦ You're Still My Baby
422 ¦ Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown ¦ Boogie Uproar
420 ¦ Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown ¦ Hurry Back Good News
332 ¦ Clarence Garlow ¦ Crawfishin'
254 ¦ Clarence Garlow ¦ New Bon Ton Roulay
176 ¦ Clarence Garlow ¦ Route 90
216 ¦ Cledus Harrison ¦ Told You Twice
277 ¦ Clovers ¦ Comin' On
31 ¦ Clovers ¦ Crawlin'
114 ¦ Clovers ¦ Good Lovin'
108 ¦ Clovers ¦ Here Goes A Fool
141 ¦ Clovers ¦ Yes, It's You
331 ¦ Coronets ¦ I'm All Alone
283 ¦ Coronets ¦ Nadine
163 ¦ Crickets ¦ Milk And Gin
139 ¦ Crickets ¦ You're Mine
23 ¦ Crows ¦ Gee
161 ¦ Crows ¦ Heartbreaker
151 ¦ Crows ¦ I Love You So
233 ¦ Curtis Gordon ¦ Rompin' And Stompin'
306 ¦ Danny Overbea ¦ Train, Train, Train
195 ¦ Dave Bartholomew ¦ Country Gal
225 ¦ Dave Bartholomew ¦ No More Black Nights
397 ¦ Dave Bartholomew ¦ Snatchin' Back
294 ¦ Diamonds ¦ Two Loves Have I
302 ¦ Dinah Washington ¦ Fat Daddy
307 ¦ Dinah Washington ¦ My Man's An Undertaker
337 ¦ Dinah Washington ¦ TV Is The Thing (This Year)
123 ¦ Dixie Doodlers ¦ Best Of Friends
391 ¦ Dizzy Gillespie (Joe Carroll) ¦ School Days
333 ¦ Doctor Ross ¦ Chicago Breakdown
325 ¦ Dolly Cooper ¦ Alley Cat
72 ¦ Dolly Cooper ¦ I Wanna Know
335 ¦ Dolly Cooper ¦ Me And My Baby
246 ¦ Dominoes ¦ My Baby's 3-D
354 ¦ Dominoes ¦ Ringing In A Brand New Year
243 ¦ Dominoes ¦ These Foolish Things
276 ¦ Dominoes ¦ Where Now Little Heart
230 ¦ Dominoes ¦ You Can't Keep A Good Man Down
84 ¦ Drifters ¦ Gone (alternate version)
2 ¦ Drifters ¦ Money Honey
83 ¦ Drifters ¦ The Way I Feel
301 ¦ Du Droppers ¦ I Found Out (What You Do When You Go 'Round There)
245 ¦ Du Droppers ¦ I Wanna Know
153 ¦ Du-Droppers ¦ Bam Balam
322 ¦ Earl Johnson ¦ Beggin' At Your Mercy
129 ¦ Earl Johnson ¦ Have You Gone Crazy
402 ¦ Eartha Kitt ¦ Santa Baby
355 ¦ Ebonaires ¦ Baby, You're The One
260 ¦ Effie Smith ¦ Cry Baby Cry
59 ¦ Elmore James ¦ Early In The Morning
148 ¦ Elmore James ¦ Make A Little Love
207 ¦ Elmore James ¦ Please Find My Baby
206 ¦ Elmore James ¦ Sinful Women
292 ¦ Elvis Presley ¦ My Happiness
262 ¦ Emitt Slay Trio ¦ My Kind Of Woman
268 ¦ Fats Domino ¦ Cheatin'
313 ¦ Fats Domino ¦ Don't Leave Me This Way
38 ¦ Fats Domino ¦ Going To The River
54 ¦ Fats Domino ¦ Mardi Gras In New Orleans
305 ¦ Fats Domino ¦ Nobody Loves Me
10 ¦ Fats Domino ¦ Please Don't Leave Me
24 ¦ Fats Domino ¦ Rose Mary
261 ¦ Fats Domino ¦ Something's Wrong
395 ¦ Fats Domino ¦ The Girl I Love
285 ¦ Fats Domino ¦ You Said You Love Me
389 ¦ Fats Matthews ¦ Goin' Down
112 ¦ Faye Adams ¦ I'll Be True
118 ¦ Fays Adams ¦ Shake A Hand
259 ¦ Five Bluenotes ¦ My Gal Is Gone
392 ¦ Five Crowns ¦ Good Luck Darlin'
406 ¦ Five Echoes ¦ Baby Come Back To Me
183 ¦ Five Echoes ¦ Lonely Mood
241 ¦ Five Jets ¦ I Am In Love
403 ¦ Five Keys ¦ When You're Gone
78 ¦ Five Keys ¦ Can't Keep From Crying
343 ¦ Five Keys ¦ Come Go My Bail Louise
400 ¦ Five Keys ¦ I'll Always Be In Love With You
311 ¦ Five Keys ¦ I'm So High
127 ¦ Five Keys ¦ Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me)
50 ¦ Five Keys ¦ My Saddest Hour
386 ¦ Five Keys ¦ Oh Babe
74 ¦ Five Keys ¦ Rocking And Crying Blues
293 ¦ Five Keys ¦ Teardrops In Your Eyes
363 ¦ Five Keys ¦ There Ought To Be A Law
187 ¦ Five Keys ¦ These Foolish Things
144 ¦ Five Royales ¦ All Righty
29 ¦ Five Royales ¦ Crazy Crazy Crazy
126 ¦ Five Royales ¦ Help Me Somebody
154 ¦ Five Royales ¦ I Wanna Thank You
36 ¦ Five Royales ¦ Laundromat Blues
3 ¦ Five Royales ¦ Too Much Lovin'
162 ¦ Five Thrillls ¦ Ride Jimmy Ride
13 ¦ Five Thrills ¦ Feel So Good
80 ¦ Five Thrills ¦ Rockin' At Midnight
303 ¦ Five Thrills ¦ So Long Young Girl
394 ¦ Five Willows ¦ All Night Long
140 ¦ Five Willows ¦ Dolores
348 ¦ Five Willows ¦ My Dear, Dearest Darling
125 ¦ Flairs ¦ She Wants To Rock
275 ¦ Flairs ¦ Tell Me You Love Me
282 ¦ Flairs ¦ You Should Care For Me
61 ¦ Flamingos ¦ Carried Away
238 ¦ Flamingos ¦ Golden Teardrops
146 ¦ Flamingos ¦ Hurry Home Baby
16 ¦ Flamingos ¦ If I Can't Have You
79 ¦ Flamingos ¦ Someday, Someway
314 ¦ Flamingos ¦ That's My Desire
51 ¦ Floyd Dixon ¦ Hole In The Wall
280 ¦ Floyd Dixon ¦ Judgement Day
14 ¦ Floyd Dixon ¦ Please Don't Go
228 ¦ Four Buddies ¦ Got Everything I Need But You
247 ¦ Four Knights ¦ Tennessee Train
350 ¦ Four Tunes ¦ Marie
384 ¦ Frank Sinatra ¦ I've Got The World On A String
138 ¦ Frankie Lee Sims ¦ Lucy Mae Blues
409 ¦ Freddie Kohlman Orch. (Cousin Joe) ¦ Hole In The ground
408 ¦ George Curry The One Man Quartet ¦ No 9 On The Menu Cat A La
Carte And Dog Slaw
208 ¦ George Green ¦ Finance Man
219 ¦ Gladys "Glad Rags" Patrick ¦ I'm Gonna Stop
405 ¦ Golden Gate Quartet ¦ White Christmas
109 ¦ Guitar Slim ¦ The Things That I Used To Do
57 ¦ Guitar Slim ¦ Well, I Done Got Over It
152 ¦ Hank Williams ¦ I Won't Be Home No More
92 ¦ Hank Williams ¦ Kaw-Liga
132 ¦ Hank Williams ¦ Take These Chains From My Heart
117 ¦ Hank Williams ¦ Weary Blues From Waitin'
56 ¦ Hank Williams ¦ Your Cheatin' Heart
298 ¦ Harold Young ¦ You're Gonna Miss Me Baby
94 ¦ Harptones ¦ I'll Never Tell
11 ¦ Harptones ¦ Sunday Kind Of Love
317 ¦ Harry Belafonte ¦ Matilda, Matilda
341 ¦ Henry Pierce & Five Notes ¦ Hey Fine Mama
351 ¦ Hollywood Blue Jays ¦ I Had A Love
347 ¦ Hollywood Blue Jays ¦ Tell Me You Love Me
232 ¦ Hollywood Flames ¦ I Know
381 ¦ Hollywood Flames ¦ Let's Talk It Over
346 ¦ Honey Boy ¦ Bloodstains On The Wall
401 ¦ Hornets ¦ I Can't Believe
236 ¦ Hornets ¦ Reelin' And Rockin'
373 ¦ Howlin' Wolf ¦ All Night Boogie
345 ¦ Howlin' Wolf ¦ I Love My Baby
278 ¦ Howlin' Wolf ¦ Streamline Woman
253 ¦ Hunters ¦ Down At Hayden's
215 ¦ Ivory Joe Hunter ¦ Did You Mean It
281 ¦ Ivory Joe Hunter ¦ Foolish Pride
33 ¦ J.B. Lenoir ¦ The Mojo
334 ¦ J.B. Lenore ¦ I Want My Baby
287 ¦ Jack "The Bear" Parker ¦ Cheap Old Wine And Whickey
342 ¦ Jesse & Marvin ¦ I'm Not A Fool
224 ¦ Jesse Allen ¦ Take It Easy
156 ¦ Jimmy Liggins ¦ Drunk
336 ¦ Jimmy Liggins ¦ Railroad Blues
44 ¦ Jimmy McCracklin ¦ She Felt Too Good
89 ¦ Jimmy McCracklin ¦ You Look So Fine (unreleased)
371 ¦ Jimmy Nelson ¦ Cry Hard Luck
158 ¦ Jimmy Reed ¦ High And Lonesome
414 ¦ Jimmy Rogers ¦ Act Like You Love Me (alternate)
135 ¦ Jimmy Witherspoon (Lamplighters) ¦ Just For You
81 ¦ Jimmy Witherspoon (Lamplighters) ¦ Move Me Baby
249 ¦ Joe Morris (Faye Scruggs) ¦ That's What Makes My Baby Fat
32 ¦ Joe Turner ¦ Crawdad Hole
4 ¦ Joe Turner ¦ Honey Hush
25 ¦ Joe Turner ¦ Oke-She-Moke-She-Pop
17 ¦ Joe Turner ¦ TV Mama
357 ¦ John Perry Orchestra ¦ My Baby Started Cryin'
104 ¦ Johnny "Guitar" Watson ¦ What's Going On
265 ¦ Johnny Ace ¦ Cross My Heart
353 ¦ Johnny Ace ¦ Midnight Hours Journey
164 ¦ Johnny Ace ¦ Saving My Love For You
71 ¦ Johnny Ace ¦ The Clock
212 ¦ Johnny Shines ¦ Please Don't
412 ¦ Jumping Jacks ¦ Julocka Jolly
271 ¦ Junior Wells ¦ Cut That Out
326 ¦ Kay Starr ¦ Side By Side
273 ¦ Kitty Kaye & Cats ¦ Fishtruck Boogie
250 ¦ LaVern Baker ¦ How Can You Leave A Man Like This
160 ¦ LaVerne Baker ¦ Soul On Fire
417 ¦ Lady Fox ¦ Big Minded Daddy
197 ¦ Lamplighters ¦ Turn Me Loose
319 ¦ Lamplighters ¦ Be-Bop Wino
107 ¦ Lamplighters ¦ Crazy Times
186 ¦ Lamplighters ¦ Sad And Lonely
217 ¦ Larry Darnell ¦ I'll Be Sittin,' I'll Be Rockin'
340 ¦ Lazy Slim Jim ¦ Wine Head Baby
284 ¦ Lil Greenwood & Lamplighters ¦ I'll Go
329 ¦ Lil Greenwood & Lamplighters ¦ I'm Crying
85 ¦ Lil' Son Jackson ¦ Freight Train Blues
296 ¦ Linda Hayes ¦ Yes! I Know (What You're Putting Down)
69 ¦ Little Caeser ¦ Cadillac Baby (unreleased master)
297 ¦ Little Caeser ¦ You Can't Bring Me Down
359 ¦ Little Esther (Little Willie Littlefield) ¦ Turn The Lamps Down
Low
168 ¦ Little Esther ¦ Cherry Wine
111 ¦ Little Esther ¦ Hollerin' And Screamin'
209 ¦ Little Esther ¦ Please Don't Send Me
367 ¦ Little Esther ¦ Talkin' All Out of My Head
193 ¦ Little Esther ¦ You Took My Love Too Fast
222 ¦ Little Johnny Jones ¦ Chicago Blues
203 ¦ Little Johnny Jones ¦ Dirty By The Dozen
323 ¦ Little Johnny Jones ¦ I May Be Wrong
372 ¦ Little Junior's Blue Flames ¦ Feelin' Bad
75 ¦ Little Junior's Blue Flames ¦ Feelin' Good
174 ¦ Little Junior's Blue Flames ¦ Mystery Train
366 ¦ Little Maxie ¦ Drive Soldiers Drive
211 ¦ Little Milton ¦ Somebody Told Me
221 ¦ Little Walter ¦ Blues With a Feeling
269 ¦ Little Walter ¦ Tell Me Mama
157 ¦ Little Walter ¦ You're So Fine
49 ¦ Lloyd Price ¦ Ain't It A Shame
198 ¦ Lloyd Price ¦ Frog Legs
339 ¦ Lloyd Price ¦ So Long
97 ¦ Lloyd Price ¦ Tell Me Pretty Baby
167 ¦ Lloyd Price ¦ What's The Matter Now
52 ¦ Lloyd Price ¦ Where You At
263 ¦ Lonnie Johnson ¦ Will You Remember
137 ¦ Louis Jordan ¦ House Party
213 ¦ Lyres ¦ Ship Of Love
231 ¦ Magic-Tones ¦ Cool Cool Baby
299 ¦ Magic-Tones ¦ How Can You Treat Me This Way
142 ¦ Marvin & Johnny ¦ Baby Doll
255 ¦ Marylanders ¦ Fried Chicken
143 ¦ Marylanders ¦ Good Old 99
214 ¦ Meadowlarks ¦ Love Only You
202 ¦ Meadowlarks ¦ Real Pretty Mama
328 ¦ Mello-Moods ¦ Call On Me
235 ¦ Mello-Moods ¦ I'm Lost
308 ¦ Mellow Moods ¦ The Song of Love
421 ¦ Melvin Daniels (King Curtis) ¦ No More Crying On My Pillow
68 ¦ Memphis Slim ¦ 5 O'Clock Blues
95 ¦ Memphis Slim ¦ The Comeback
130 ¦ Mercy Dee ¦ One Room Country Shack
368 ¦ Mercy Dee ¦ Dark Muddy Bottom
378 ¦ Merrill E. Moore ¦ Cow Cow Boogie
330 ¦ Metronomes ¦ She's Gone
295 ¦ Mitzi Mars ¦ I'm Glad
134 ¦ Moohah ¦ All Shook Out
393 ¦ Moon Mullican ¦ Grandpa Stole My Baby
175 ¦ Moon Mullican ¦ Hey Mr. Cotton Picker
370 ¦ Moon Mullican ¦ I Done It
192 ¦ Moon Mullican ¦ Rocket To The Moon
66 ¦ Moonglows ¦ Baby Please
172 ¦ Moonglows ¦ Hey, Santa Claus
180 ¦ Moonglows ¦ Just A Lonely Christmas
63 ¦ Moonglows ¦ Whistle My Love
289 ¦ Morris Pejoe ¦ I'll Plumb Get It
338 ¦ Muddy Waters ¦ Blow Wind Blow
105 ¦ Muddy Waters ¦ Mad Love
374 ¦ Muddy Waters ¦ My Life Is Ruined
190 ¦ Muddy Waters ¦ Turn The Lamp Down Low
62 ¦ Muskateers ¦ Love Me Til Your Dying Day
20 ¦ Orioles ¦ Crying In The Chapel
256 ¦ Orioles ¦ Dem Days
150 ¦ Orioles ¦ Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
237 ¦ Orioles ¦ I Cover The Waterfront
45 ¦ Orioles ¦ Teardrops On My Pillow
64 ¦ Orioles ¦ Till Then
286 ¦ Orioles ¦ Write And Tell Me Why
390 ¦ Paul Gayten ¦ Time Is A-Passin'
226 ¦ Pilgrim Travelers ¦ I've Got A New Home
413 ¦ Platters ¦ Hey Now
188 ¦ Prisonaires ¦ Just Walkin' In The Rain
34 ¦ Prisonaires ¦ My God Is Real
28 ¦ Prof. Longhair ¦ Ball The Wall (unreleased master)
407 ¦ Professor Alex Bradford ¦ Too Close To Heaven
182 ¦ Ramblers ¦ 50-50- Love
252 ¦ Ray Charles ¦ Heartbreaker
93 ¦ Ray Charles ¦ Mess Around
220 ¦ Ray Charles ¦ The Sun's Gonna Shine Again
124 ¦ Rivileers ¦ A Thousand Stars
110 ¦ Robins ¦ A Fool Such As I
133 ¦ Robins ¦ All Nite Baby
115 ¦ Robins ¦ Don't Stop Now
169 ¦ Robins ¦ Empty Bottles
22 ¦ Robins ¦ Get It Off Your Mind
15 ¦ Robins ¦ How Would You Know
251 ¦ Robins ¦ Let's Go To The Dance
229 ¦ Robins ¦ My Baby Done Told Me
315 ¦ Robins ¦ My Heart's The Biggest Fool
244 ¦ Robins ¦ Oh Why?
39 ¦ Robins ¦ Ten Days In Jail
30 ¦ Rosco Gordon ¦ Just In From Texas
383 ¦ Roy Brown ¦ Grandpa Stole My Baby
266 ¦ Roy Brown ¦ Hurry Hurry Baby
65 ¦ Roy Brown ¦ Letter From Home
321 ¦ Roy Brown ¦ Mr. Hound Dog's In Town
365 ¦ Roy Brown ¦ Old Age Boogie
26 ¦ Royals ¦ Get It
358 ¦ Royals ¦ Hello Miss Fine
272 ¦ Royals ¦ I Feel So Blue
189 ¦ Royals ¦ The Shrine Of St. Cecelia
136 ¦ Rufus Thomas ¦ Bear Cat
184 ¦ Ruth Brown ¦ I Would If I Could
48 ¦ Ruth Brown ¦ Mama, He Treats Your Daughter Mean
149 ¦ Ruth Brown ¦ The Tears Keep Tumbling Down
200 ¦ Ruth Brown ¦ Wild, Wild Young Men
119 ¦ Serenaders ¦ Baby
388 ¦ Sha-Weez ¦ Early Sunday Morning
411 ¦ Sha-Weez ¦ No One To Love Me
106 ¦ Sherman "Blues" Johnson & His Clouds Of Joy ¦ Hot Fish
356 ¦ Shirley & Lee ¦ Baby
387 ¦ Shirley & Lee ¦ Lee Goofed
120 ¦ Shirley & Lee ¦ Shirley, Come Back To Me
258 ¦ Shirley & Lee ¦ The Proposal
327 ¦ Sister Wynona Carr ¦ The Ball Game
5 ¦ Smiley Lewis ¦ Big Mamou
27 ¦ Smiley Lewis ¦ Caldonia's Party
86 ¦ Smiley Lewis ¦ Lying Woman (Unreleased track)
9 ¦ Smiley Lewis ¦ Playgirl
399 ¦ Sonny Boy Williamson ¦ West Memphis Blues
419 ¦ Sonny Boy Williamson ¦ Too Close Together
304 ¦ Sonny Knight ¦ But Officer
320 ¦ Sonny Sims ¦ Two Kinds Of Women
344 ¦ Soul Stirrers ¦ He's My Guide
12 ¦ Spaniels ¦ Baby It's You
270 ¦ Spaniels ¦ Bounce
67 ¦ Spaniels ¦ House Cleaning
43 ¦ Spaniels ¦ The Bells Ring Out
181 ¦ Sparrows ¦ Tell My Baby
8 ¦ Spiders ¦ I Didn't Want To Do It
159 ¦ Spiders ¦ You're The One
155 ¦ Sticks McGhee ¦ Dealin' From The Bottom
1 ¦ Sticks McGhee ¦ Head Happy With Wine
18 ¦ Sticks McGhee ¦ Jungle Juice
170 ¦ Sticks McGhee ¦ Meet You In The Morning
122 ¦ Sticks McGhee ¦ Whiskey Women & Loaded Dice
310 ¦ Sugar Chile Robinson ¦ Go, Boy, Go
376 ¦ Sunnyland Slim ¦ Worried About My Baby
113 ¦ Swallows ¦ Bicycle Tillie
288 ¦ Swallows ¦ I'll Be Waiting
274 ¦ Swallows ¦ It Feels So Good
76 ¦ Swallows ¦ Laugh
99 ¦ Swallows ¦ Nobody's Loving Me
364 ¦ Swallows ¦ Our Love Is Dying
145 ¦ Swallows ¦ Pleading Blues
404 ¦ Swallows ¦ Trust Me
204 ¦ T-Bone Walker ¦ Party Girl
73 ¦ T-Bone Walker ¦ Pony Tail
196 ¦ Tabby & His Mellow, Mellow Men ¦ Church Members Ball
279 ¦ Tampa Red ¦ Evalena
385 ¦ Tampa Red ¦ I'll Never Let You Go
178 ¦ Tempo-Toppers (Little Richard) ¦ Ain't That Good News
101 ¦ Tempo-Toppers (Little Richard) ¦ Fool At The Wheel
380 ¦ Tennessee Ernie Ford ¦ Hey, Mr. Cotton Picker
128 ¦ Terry Timmons ¦ He's The Best In The Business
210 ¦ Tommy Ridgley ¦ A Day Is Coming
369 ¦ Tommy Ridgley ¦ Ooh Lawdy My Baby
360 ¦ Varetta Dillard ¦ Getting Ready For My Daddy
96 ¦ Varetta Dillard ¦ Mercy Mr. Percy
116 ¦ Varetta Dillard ¦ My Mind Is Working
239 ¦ Velvets ¦ I
240 ¦ Vocaleers ¦ Is It A Dream
82 ¦ Voilinaires ¦ Another Soldier Gone
166 ¦ Wilbert Harrison ¦ Gonna Tell You A Story (This Woman Of Mine)
291 ¦ Willie Johnson and Thelma ¦ Don't Tell Mama
349 ¦ Willie Jones ¦ Jockey Jump
47 ¦ Willie Mabon ¦ I'm Mad
205 ¦ Willie Mabon ¦ Monday Woman
257 ¦ Willie Mabon ¦ You're A Fool
312 ¦ Willie Nix ¦ Just Can't Stay
416 ¦ Woo Woo Moore ¦ Something's Wrong
309 ¦ Wynonie Harris ¦ Mama, Your Daughter Done Lied On Me
194 ¦ Wynonie Harris ¦ Down Boy Down
171 ¦ Wynonie Harris ¦ Quiet Whiskey
58 ¦ Wynonie Harris ¦ The Deacon Don't Like It
177 ¦ Wynonie Harris ¦ Wasn't That Good

Click here to read the complete article
Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<J6fUN.1887$UGnf.1741@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43147&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43147

Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
From: Dia...@NoSpam.net (DianeE)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:10:18 -0400
 by: DianeE - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 20:10 UTC

On 4/17/2024 1:42 AM, Roger wrote:

> The Five Blue Notes – Ooh Baby
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-gYx-ZQ45Q
>
> My favorite side on a really good double-sider (the flip being “My Gal
> Is Gone”) recorded for Chance Records in Chicago and released in
> December 1953 on their Sabre subsidiary.
> The ever reliable Unca Marvy has a concise review and lists their work
> (plus their work under their original “Blue Jays” name here
> https://www.uncamarvy.com/5BlueNotes/5bluenotes.html

-------------
He lists:

ROADHOUSE (demos, as the Blue Jays, recorded March, 1953)
1004 Could I Adore You (AM)/Sweet Pauline (AM) - 72

I personally think "Could I Adore You" is gorgeous.

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<rpo42jdtqjk2pstnr23ee6dj0ohct24md0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43149&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43149

From: letsr...@opbox.com (RWC)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:28:37 -0400
 by: RWC - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 13:28 UTC

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:10:18 -0400, DianeE <DianeE@NoSpam.net> wrote:

>On 4/17/2024 1:42 AM, Roger wrote:
>>
>> The Five Blue Notes – Ooh Baby
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-gYx-ZQ45Q
>>
>> The ever reliable Unca Marvy has a concise review and lists their work
>> (plus their work under their original “Blue Jays” name here
>> https://www.uncamarvy.com/5BlueNotes/5bluenotes.html
>>
>-------------
>He lists:
>
>ROADHOUSE (demos, as the Blue Jays, recorded March, 1953)
>1004 Could I Adore You (AM)/Sweet Pauline (AM) - 72
>
>I personally think "Could I Adore You" is gorgeous.

DianeE, are you referring to the 'sound out of the speaker',
the lyrics, or both?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uCi-6YobFE
(all copies on YT sound about the same, according to snippets)

Lyrics (99% accurate I reckon):

{tenor Andy Magruder, age 16}
{sounds a bit like Lillian Leech :-}

Could I Adore You, More In My Arms
I'm In A Trance, Made So By Your Charms
I Want To Hold You, Close In My Arms

Could I Adore You More

Could I Adore You, More In The Night
When The Moon, Is Shining So Bright
I'm Saying My Dear, That Guess I Love You
So Won't You Love Me Too

Dear I Want You To Know, That I Love You So
And Hope You Will Always Be Mine
But If You Went Away, Just For A Day
It Would Seem Like The End Of Time

So, I'll Ask You Again, So Hard I Have Tried
I've Even Sat Down, On My Bed And Cried
So Won't You Please Tell Me, Before You Close The Door
Could I Adore You More

{baritone Moise Vaughn, age c.18}
Dear, I Want You To Know, That I Love You So
Well I Hope That You'll Aways Be Mine
Would If You Went Away, Just For A Day
It Would Seem Like The End Of Time

{tenor Andy Magruder}
So, I'll Ask You Again, So Hard I Have Tried
I've Even Sat Down On My Bed And Cried
So Won't You Please Tell Me, Before You Close The Door
Could I Adore You More

{everybody sings in finale style}
Could I Adore You More

Re: TEN FAVE OBSCURITIES FROM...1953

<6ozUN.8272$moa7.1289@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43150&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43150

Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
From: Dia...@NoSpam.net (DianeE)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:14:10 -0400
 by: DianeE - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 19:14 UTC

Certainly not the lyrics in this case. It's, oh, I don't know, let's
say the *plangency*. :)

<c885eb0fe4368032123d1ca9be14b7db@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=43151&group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s#43151

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 19:24:54 +0000
From: savo...@aol.com (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s
 by: Bruce - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 19:24 UTC

DianeE wrote:

> Certainly not the lyrics in this case. It's, oh, I don't know, let's
> say the *plangency*. :)

Definitions of plangency. having the character of a loud deep sound; the quality of being resonant. synonyms: resonance, reverberance, ringing, sonority, sonorousness, vibrancy.

More importantly, why are you top posting?

cordially, as always,

bg