Iowa State -- the high school after high school! -- Crow T. Robot

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Cartoon Viewing Club Reminder for June 15, 2021

SubjectAuthor
* Cartoon Viewing Club Reminder for June 15, 2021Zobovor
`* Re: Cartoon Viewing Club Reminder for June 15, 2021Codigo Postal
 `* Re: Cartoon Viewing Club Reminder for June 15, 2021Avaran
  `- Re: Cartoon Viewing Club Reminder for June 15, 2021Joseph Bardsley

1
Cartoon Viewing Club Reminder for June 15, 2021

<08c8bf3c-6254-453d-b4fe-2a37e0f1c2edn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4357&group=alt.toys.transformers#4357

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 19:14:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cartoon Viewing Club Reminder for June 15, 2021
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 02:14 UTC

Last month we looked at "Desertion of the Dinobots" part 1, so it's only natural that this month we'll follow up with "Desertion of the Dinobots" part 2.

For those who like to plan ahead, there are only two episodes left to look at from the original G1 cartoon, namely "Megatron's Master Plan" parts 1 and 2. So if you want to participate, there's plenty of time to plan for it!

Going forward, I'd like feedback as to whether folks want to continue looking at the episodes of G1 produced in Japan, or Beast Wars, or something else entirely. The truth is that there aren't many people participating, which is fine, but it also means that it would take some really strong persuasion to get me to look at these episodes on a monthly basis. Then again, I know I've never seen all of Masterforce or Victory, and I'm not even sure I've watched all of Headmasters. So, maybe it would be educational. Who knows.

The Comics Reading Club will be in full swing for the forseeable future, though, until we cover the entire Marvel Comics run (including the various mini-series and G2).

Zob (just watched a G1 Monstructor auction on eBay close at $866 and I almost had to change my pants)

Re: Cartoon Viewing Club Reminder for June 15, 2021

<167ce7b5-9a81-46ba-908c-caa7577c506bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4359&group=alt.toys.transformers#4359

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 23:41:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Cartoon Viewing Club Reminder for June 15, 2021
From: codigopo...@gmail.com (Codigo Postal)
 by: Codigo Postal - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 06:41 UTC

On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 10:14:49 PM UTC-4, Zobovor wrote:
> Last month we looked at "Desertion of the Dinobots" part 1, so it's only natural that this month we'll follow up with "Desertion of the Dinobots" part 2.
>
> For those who like to plan ahead, there are only two episodes left to look at from the original G1 cartoon, namely "Megatron's Master Plan" parts 1 and 2. So if you want to participate, there's plenty of time to plan for it!
>
> Going forward, I'd like feedback as to whether folks want to continue looking at the episodes of G1 produced in Japan, or Beast Wars, or something else entirely. The truth is that there aren't many people participating, which is fine, but it also means that it would take some really strong persuasion to get me to look at these episodes on a monthly basis. Then again, I know I've never seen all of Masterforce or Victory, and I'm not even sure I've watched all of Headmasters. So, maybe it would be educational. Who knows..
>
> The Comics Reading Club will be in full swing for the forseeable future, though, until we cover the entire Marvel Comics run (including the various mini-series and G2).
>

> Zob (just watched a G1 Monstructor auction on eBay close at $866 and I almost had to change my pants)

I say we do a John Warden and do G1 all over again. But this time, with knees.

Re: Cartoon Viewing Club Reminder for June 15, 2021

<465b3d4a-67c8-449a-9278-73b12c9590c5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4361&group=alt.toys.transformers#4361

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 06:18:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: kjvi...@gmail.com (Avaran)
 by: Avaran - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 13:18 UTC

I would love an analysis of Masterforce, since it's probably my favourite of the Transformers series along with G1 and Beast Wars, and I've seen all of them except Beast Wars Neo so far. It's the most serialized of all the original transformers series, where the story actually builds to a conclusion as you go along. And it showcases so many of the G1 Transformers that were not seen in G1 (Pretenders, Powermasters, small Headmasters, Seacons, etc), even though most of them outside of the Pretenders are human-controlled "Transtectors" and not traditional transformers per se. Japanese with English Subtitles is required for watching it though, since story and names are mangled horribly in the English Omni Productions dub...if one wants to discuss the story, that its the way to go. Patient people might have fun comparing the two though...

Re: Cartoon Viewing Club Reminder for June 15, 2021

<10b75d45-e716-4743-82e0-52cd9af974a7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4363&group=alt.toys.transformers#4363

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 00:53:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: joe.bard...@gmail.com (Joseph Bardsley)
 by: Joseph Bardsley - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 07:53 UTC

Speaking personally, a present-day analysis of Beast Wars could be interesting. The show came to prominence right as fans were beginning to seriously discuss and analyze a lot of the fandom and its stories: a look back, 25 years later, could be both revealing and illustrative. But, I'll defer to the group in terms of affinities and ideas!

JB