The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is cursed.

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: FedEx is Awful

SubjectAuthor
* FedEx is AwfulZobovor
+- Re: FedEx is AwfulWilliam A. Rendfeld
+- Re: FedEx is AwfulTravoltron
`- Re: FedEx is AwfulIrrellius Spamticon

1
FedEx is Awful

<268f9b86-138e-4b82-87b4-d43fa0063f03n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4401&group=alt.toys.transformers#4401

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 08:39:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: FedEx is Awful
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sat, 26 Jun 2021 15:39 UTC

Hasbro shipped my Generations Selects Abominus on June 10th, and yet it's been bouncing around on a FedEx truck in Salt Lake City (about a half hour from me) for the last ten days. Nearly every day, their online tracking portal announces, "No, seriously, we're actually delivering it today, honest!" and then every day it doesn't show up.

Their web site offers a completely unhelpful chatbot who assures me every day that it will be delivered on the next business day. Or, conversely, I can call a phone number and be connected with a chatbot who also assures me it's going to be delivered. I would suspect that there aren't any actual humans working at FedEx at all, but I know for a fact that somebody is driving the trucks. Also, robots wouldn't be this incompetent.

It's a redo that is arguably only slightly better than the one I've got, but that's not the point. I spent $200 on this thing and I'm growing increasingly worried that it will just never show up. It's like Unicron all over again. FedEx has already demonstrated their total lack of integrity (claiming it had already been delivered, compelling me to rush home from work and find out why my son had not reported receiving it, only for it to show up 15 minutes after "delivery" had been confirmed) and I wouldn't put it past them to keep it, smash it to bits, or just drop it off at the wrong place entirely.

This is a good argument for not getting rid of brick-and-mortar retail. At least when you go to a store, you can buy a thing and take it home. Playing this waiting game every day for the last two weeks is driving me bananas..

Zob (does "delivery exception" mean "the driver can't be bothered to actually deliver the package"?)

Re: FedEx is Awful

<2ab7505c-030b-4e42-8305-db4b7218b051n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4404&group=alt.toys.transformers#4404

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 05:29:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FedEx is Awful
From: WARendf...@aol.com (William A. Rendfeld)
 by: William A. Rendfeld - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 12:29 UTC

On Saturday, June 26, 2021 at 11:39:23 AM UTC-4, Zobovor wrote:
> Zob (does "delivery exception" mean "the driver can't be bothered to actually deliver the package"?)

It certainly feels that way a lot of the time. I suspect the way things currently are, FedEx is having hiring trouble the same as everyone else.

I have called them to complain in the past and managed to get through to an actual human being, however.

Re: FedEx is Awful

<sba9rs$l1q$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4405&group=alt.toys.transformers#4405

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 09:43:40 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 16:43 UTC

I had the same thing happen to my Abominus, although the delay was only
about 5 days in my case.

At one point, the package was in my state and then left the state again.
For several days there was no tracking info on their site at all.

It's awful because I cancel plans and stay home and then it turns out it
was all for nothing.

Package theft and theft in general has skyrocketed in my region. That's
another reason I'll always prefer brick and mortar.

Re: FedEx is Awful

<578b72e2-476b-4b65-8e30-918b2c811ad0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4407&group=alt.toys.transformers#4407

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 17:25:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 00:25 UTC

On Saturday, June 26, 2021 at 10:39:23 AM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> Hasbro shipped my Generations Selects Abominus on June 10th, and yet it's been bouncing around on a FedEx truck in Salt Lake City (about a half hour from me) for the last ten days. Nearly every day, their online tracking portal announces, "No, seriously, we're actually delivering it today, honest!" and then every day it doesn't show up.
>
> Their web site offers a completely unhelpful chatbot who assures me every day that it will be delivered on the next business day. Or, conversely, I can call a phone number and be connected with a chatbot who also assures me it's going to be delivered. I would suspect that there aren't any actual humans working at FedEx at all, but I know for a fact that somebody is driving the trucks. Also, robots wouldn't be this incompetent.
>
> It's a redo that is arguably only slightly better than the one I've got, but that's not the point. I spent $200 on this thing and I'm growing increasingly worried that it will just never show up. It's like Unicron all over again. FedEx has already demonstrated their total lack of integrity (claiming it had already been delivered, compelling me to rush home from work and find out why my son had not reported receiving it, only for it to show up 15 minutes after "delivery" had been confirmed) and I wouldn't put it past them to keep it, smash it to bits, or just drop it off at the wrong place entirely.
>
> This is a good argument for not getting rid of brick-and-mortar retail. At least when you go to a store, you can buy a thing and take it home. Playing this waiting game every day for the last two weeks is driving me bananas..
>

> Zob (does "delivery exception" mean "the driver can't be bothered to actually deliver the package"?)

Often this happens when FedEx is tring to hand packages off to USPS for final delivery

I love working in a brick and mortar toystore. Got Kingdom Optimus, Dinobot, Rhinox, Studio Grimlock, all this week on a whim because they were there. I really hope we get Scorponok Friday. Also I hope nobody buys Quantron. He came in with a big collection of Masterpiece and 3rd party stuff.