Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 17:13:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Hasbro Artwork for Slammer, Pipes, Tigatron, Shadow Panther, Waspinator
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sat, 3 Jul 2021 00:13 UTC

No actual toy images yet, but illustrations have been uploaded to the official Transformers web site, depicting these characters:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/artwork-for-kingdom-tigatron-shadow-panther-pipes-slammer-and-waspinator-revealed/46072/

Slammer is not the Warpath redeco/remold I had been anticipating, but an all-new mold. A leaked product listing describes him as a Weaponizer that can break apart into eight weapons. He's also evidently part of a "Metroplex drone collection," mentions Siege Six-Gun, and even says Slammer can transform into a tower to connect to the 2013 Metroplex release. I'm all for backwards compatibility, but Metroplex is almost a decade old at this point and I wonder if they aren't planning a new version of the character (the previous release was their first, experimental Titan-class toy and is not without its flaws).

Pipes looks to be a Huffer remold as we'd all been expecting, though they do appear to have done some alternate engineering to modify the orientation of his truck cab in robot mode. He looks very good, and I'm excited about this character. Truth be told, I like Pipes much more than Huffer (he collects junk; how can you not love him?).

Shadow Panther is the expected Cheetor remold, using the semblance of the "mutant head" on the original toy to distinguish the two visually. Tigatron is also illustrated in such a manner that suggests a Kingdom Cheetor redeco, so either the Voyager-class Tigatron shares a great deal of the Deluxe-class Cheetor engineering, or else the artwork was just created using Cheetor for reference, and not the final Tigatron toy we'll actually get.

Waspinator's art matches the design of the toy that was leaked recently, which isn't really surprising. This is the only one of the illustrations whose toys we've actually seen.

Zob (not planning to buy Shadow Panther, but just watch that change as soon as I actually see it in stores)