Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2021 22:11:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Studio Series Sweep is Just Scourge with Different Hands
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sun, 4 Jul 2021 05:11 UTC

Observe:

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/07/02/studio-series-jolt-bumblebee-sweep-in-package-images-436737

I had initially gobbled up many Scourge toys because I was worried Hasbro would do something dumb, like intentionally make the Sweep the wrong colors just to differentiate it from Scourge somehow (seems like that's what they did with the Sharkticon and the Quintesson Judge in the Pit of Judgement set, anyway, so there was a precedent).

Seems like instead, they went with the sensible and more authentic move of keeping the Sweep's color scheme the same, but changing it up just a bit by swapping around his "open" and "closed" hands with respect to the Scourge release. So, still different. Different enough to warrant a purchase for people who didn't want to army-build? Hmm, that's up to the individual collector to answer.

So, it's a release I approve of. But I've already got, um, I think eight Scourge toys so I'm probably good. Or maybe I'll get a Sweep just so I can have one guy with different hands. I dunno.

Zob (and Slag has been spotted at Target in the USA, so that's good, too)

Re: Studio Series Sweep is Just Scourge with Different Hands

<d28ae772-b34a-410d-9538-29463262610en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4447&group=alt.toys.transformers#4447

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2021 22:51:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Sun, 4 Jul 2021 05:51 UTC

On Sunday, July 4, 2021 at 12:11:58 AM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> Observe:
>
> https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/07/02/studio-series-jolt-bumblebee-sweep-in-package-images-436737
>
> I had initially gobbled up many Scourge toys because I was worried Hasbro would do something dumb, like intentionally make the Sweep the wrong colors just to differentiate it from Scourge somehow (seems like that's what they did with the Sharkticon and the Quintesson Judge in the Pit of Judgement set, anyway, so there was a precedent).
>
> Seems like instead, they went with the sensible and more authentic move of keeping the Sweep's color scheme the same, but changing it up just a bit by swapping around his "open" and "closed" hands with respect to the Scourge release. So, still different. Different enough to warrant a purchase for people who didn't want to army-build? Hmm, that's up to the individual collector to answer.
>
> So, it's a release I approve of. But I've already got, um, I think eight Scourge toys so I'm probably good. Or maybe I'll get a Sweep just so I can have one guy with different hands. I dunno.
>

> Zob (and Slag has been spotted at Target in the USA, so that's good, too)

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/studio-series-news-with-latest-leaders-found-at-retail-and-new-product-reveals/46078/

Yup, just different hands. I feel like we should have gotten at least an accessory.

Slag, Earth mode Red Alert, and Bumblebee movie Thrust (Green Starscream) are making the rounds, as well as Grindor pack in the Slag cases, people actually finding them, as well as the newest collaboration, a yellow Soundwave representative of some reggae artist I can't spell. Balvintron..

Studio ROTF Bumblebee and Jolt have been revealed,

At least we're seeing MP52 Starcream videos, and while he's nice, I don't feel like he's a massive upgrade enough to warrant the price.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4D5BxyCFJE&t=1s

Re: Studio Series Sweep is Just Scourge with Different Hands

<569913c1-2dee-4aeb-8059-72fb7dd879can@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4448&group=alt.toys.transformers#4448

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 21:34:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: codigopo...@gmail.com (Codigo Postal)
 by: Codigo Postal - Tue, 6 Jul 2021 04:34 UTC

On Sunday, July 4, 2021 at 1:11:58 AM UTC-4, Zobovor wrote:
> Observe:
>
> https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/07/02/studio-series-jolt-bumblebee-sweep-in-package-images-436737
>
> I had initially gobbled up many Scourge toys because I was worried Hasbro would do something dumb, like intentionally make the Sweep the wrong colors just to differentiate it from Scourge somehow (seems like that's what they did with the Sharkticon and the Quintesson Judge in the Pit of Judgement set, anyway, so there was a precedent).
>
> Seems like instead, they went with the sensible and more authentic move of keeping the Sweep's color scheme the same, but changing it up just a bit by swapping around his "open" and "closed" hands with respect to the Scourge release. So, still different. Different enough to warrant a purchase for people who didn't want to army-build? Hmm, that's up to the individual collector to answer.
>
> So, it's a release I approve of. But I've already got, um, I think eight Scourge toys so I'm probably good. Or maybe I'll get a Sweep just so I can have one guy with different hands. I dunno.
>

> Zob (and Slag has been spotted at Target in the USA, so that's good, too)

I've read reports of Scourge's open left hand being susceptible to breakage, which might be reason enough for me to shell out for another shellformer.

That said, I still prefer TR Scourge by a small margin - the back kibble is less egregious, and the headsculpt seems closer to the character I remember.