Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 10:58:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Worlds Collide Set Revealed: Nemesis Primal, Fangry, Bumblebee, Blackarachnia
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 17:58 UTC

So the Target-exclusive "Worlds Collide" 4-pack has been unveiled, and contains toys nobody was expecting:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/images-of-generations-fangry-nemesis-primal-pulsecon-exclusive-ravage-and-more/46100/

The set consists of:

— a Voyager-class redeco of Optimus Primal called Nemesis Primal, with vaguely different deco (red swords, some metallic blue trim) but not, at first blush, visually different from Optimus Primal.

— a redeco of Titans Return Doublecross as Fangry, the winged wolf Headmaster frm 1988. This is AWESOME. (Note to self: expect secondary market pricing for G1 Fangry to jump up immediately.) What a complete surprise. This came totally out of left field.

— a redeco of Earthrise Cliffjumper in Bumblebee colors with an alternate head. Not the Netflix toy, by any stretch of the imagination, but something closer to Blow-Out or Bumper. One wonders if their licensing agreement with Volkwagen expired and they didn't want to shell out for the licensing rights again. This seems like an odd choice, especially since we already got this specific toy in yellow, very recently, as Hubcap.

— Blackarachnia, a redeco of the Kingdom toy in 1996 colors. It seems to be inspired directly by her original Doug Hart box art, specifically, with the leopard print on her boobs. I was predicting something like this. (As a bonus, fans who want a more screen-accurate Blackarachnia could take the brown spider legs from this toy and put them on the Kingdom version..)

As far as I'm concerned, Fangry is worth the purchase price alone. Primal is pointless, Bumblebee is just plain odd, and Blackarachnia is pretty much a cash grab. All in all, some strange choices, and definitely not what I was expecting.

There's also a Beast Wars Ravage figure, looking to be a very heavily remolded Kingdom Cheetor, which is reportedly on the slab as this year's PulseCon exclusive. It even comes with a duplicate of the G1 Ravage toy so you can reenact the scene where he impossibly transforms into a tiny cassette. I honestly can't tell if the Ravage toy can transform or not. I actually don't care. It's just super cool, regardless.

Zob (my son keeps making random turkey noises, and it's perhaps the most annoying thing in existence)

Re: Worlds Collide Set Revealed: Nemesis Primal, Fangry, Bumblebee, Blackarachnia

<sccnuh$1cpv$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4453&group=alt.toys.transformers#4453

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Re: Worlds Collide Set Revealed: Nemesis Primal, Fangry,
Bumblebee, Blackarachnia
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 18:12:33 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 18:12 UTC

Zobovor <zmfts@aol.com> wrote:
> So the Target-exclusive "Worlds Collide" 4-pack has been unveiled, and
> contains toys nobody was expecting:
>

> https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/images-of-generations-fangry-nemesis-primal-pulsecon-exclusive-ravage-and-more/46100/
>
> The set consists of:
>
> — a Voyager-class redeco of Optimus Primal called Nemesis Primal, with
> vaguely different deco (red swords, some metallic blue trim) but not, at
> first blush, visually different from Optimus Primal.

Purple instead of grey. But yes, pointless.

I would have rather them made a white toy that was a yeti. There was a
photoshop of the original Ultra Optimus Primal toy as a yeti and it was
great.

> — a redeco of Titans Return Doublecross as Fangry, the winged wolf
> Headmaster frm 1988. This is AWESOME. (Note to self: expect secondary
> market pricing for G1 Fangry to jump up immediately.) What a complete
> surprise. This came totally out of left field.

And, if you have the Titans Return Tiny Fangry, he has a tiny pet version
of himself. I love that.

> — a redeco of Earthrise Cliffjumper in Bumblebee colors with an alternate
> head. Not the Netflix toy, by any stretch of the imagination, but
> something closer to Blow-Out or Bumper. One wonders if their licensing
> agreement with Volkwagen expired and they didn't want to shell out for
> the licensing rights again. This seems like an odd choice, especially
> since we already got this specific toy in yellow, very recently, as Hubcap.

I wonder if Wal-Mart negotiated Bumblebee as an exclusive.