Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 17:28:05 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.recordings
From: pluted...@outlook.com (Pluted Pup)
Subject: importcds.com working again, unlike a few years ago
 by: Pluted Pup - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 00:28 UTC

importcds.com is working again, whether itself, ebay, or through
amazon.com, unlike a few years ago.

A few years ago, importcds.com, had frequent fulfillment failures, and
when not fulfilling an order would be silent until you complain and
then would fail to give a refund until you complain, and then would
give an excuse like "we only refund at the end of the month".

Today, it fulfills, and when the item is out of stock it is
automatically cancelled and refunded, if already paid for, without
being asked. And when it is the only retailer I know to have a
particular item in stock domestically it's great to actually have it
in stock and not overseas. Of course I can be fooled and it's
possible for an overseas order to be hidden as a domestic order, so
I'm making assumptions.

That might seem like a trivial difference to corporate apologists but
actually it is vital for good business practices, and possibly the
only legal way to do business, but I might not have enough experience
with the present importcds.com to see whether they are consistent.
The honest way when selling an item described as in-stock that is
actually out of stock is to cancel and refund without interaction
with the buyer unless an arrangement was made in advance: most
online retailers fail to do so.

The difference between the two ways of doing business is that the
dishonest way is to lose sales, and people quit using it, while the
honest way of a business gets thousands of dollars legit.

Historically, like 8 years or so ago, when they were still reliable,
they had crazy quilt pricing for the same items between
importcds.com, amazon.com, and ebay, and I remember making separate
orders to each of these at the same time because it made economic
sense to do so and not combine them, only looking at their much
different total pricing including shipping.