Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.dc.universe
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 02:17:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: (Noahide World Information Database - DC Comics) One Star Squadron
From: noahideb...@gmail.com (Noahide)
 by: Noahide - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 10:17 UTC

One Star Squadron
Like classic 'Dial H for Heroes' comics, DC Comics One Star Squadron runs with a similar idea. Led by Red Tornado, the One Star Squadron are a Superhero for Hire Service which, according to the preview information will answer to such things as requests to attend a children's birthday party or deal with an alien invasion. Apparently no job is too small or too big for the One Star Squadron. The team behind OSS are Mark Russell the Writer and Steve Lieber the artist, who have working on other DC products previously. In a title were Heroism meets Capitalism, DC have given us what appears to be humour on the lighter side of life. The protagonists of this adventure include Red Tornado, Power Girl, Minute Man, Flying Fox, Heckler and Gangbuster. The Antagonists are Nazis, the Royal Flush Gang and Lex Luthor. There is inspiration in for the form of a motivational success book by Maxwell Lord of the JLI, and looking at the comic itself, Power Girl, in her Power Woman outfit seems like she will obviously be something to reckon with. Steve Lieber is also the inker, Dave Steward the colourist, Dave Sharpe the letterer and Chris Rosa, Brittany Holzherr & Mike Cotton the Editors. With a cover date of February 2022, it was published on December 7 2021, and is scheduled to be a six issue mini series.

One Star Squadron: [Was Re: (Noahide World Information Database - DC Comics) One Star Squadron]

<847005a5-8f4f-4fd8-a40a-1dca1c6b3ae1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=46&group=rec.arts.comics.dc.universe#46

Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.dc.universe
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 11:54:46 -0800 (PST)
Subject: One Star Squadron: [Was Re: (Noahide World Information Database - DC
Comics) One Star Squadron]
From: kev...@my-deja.com (Kevrob)
 by: Kevrob - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 19:54 UTC

On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 5:17:11 AM UTC-5, noahidebo...@gmail.com wrote:
> One Star Squadron
> Like classic 'Dial H for Heroes' comics, DC Comics One Star Squadron runs with a similar idea. Led by Red Tornado, the One Star Squadron are a Superhero for Hire Service which, according to the preview information will answer to such things as requests to attend a children's birthday party or deal with an alien invasion. Apparently no job is too small or too big for the One Star Squadron. The team behind OSS are Mark Russell the Writer and Steve Lieber the artist, who have working on other DC products previously. In a title were Heroism meets Capitalism, DC have given us what appears to be humour on the lighter side of life. The protagonists of this adventure include Red Tornado, Power Girl, Minute Man, Flying Fox, Heckler and Gangbuster. The Antagonists are Nazis, the Royal Flush Gang and Lex Luthor. There is inspiration in for the form of a motivational success book by Maxwell Lord of the JLI, and looking at the comic itself, Power Girl, in her Power Woman outfit seems like she will obviously be something to reckon with. Steve Lieber is also the inker, Dave Steward the colourist, Dave Sharpe the letterer and Chris Rosa, Brittany Holzherr & Mike Cotton the Editors. With a cover date of February 2022, it was published on December 7 2021, and is scheduled to be a six issue mini series.

The series this reminds me of is "Hero Hot line ."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero_Hotline

Before that, there was DePatie-Freleng's "Super 6"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Super_6

---
Kevin R