Ring around the collar.

arts / rec.arts.poems / Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW.Dockery
+* Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW-Dockery
|`* Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryZod
| +- Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW-Dockery
| +- Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW.Dockery
| +- Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW.Dockery
| +- Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW-Dockery
| +- Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW.Dockery
| +- Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW-Dockery
| +- Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW.Dockery
| `- Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW.Dockery
+* Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryZod
|+- Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW-Dockery
|+- Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW.Dockery
|`- Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW.Dockery
+* Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryGeneral-Zod
|+- Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW.Dockery
|+- Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW.Dockery
|`- Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW.Dockery
+* Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryGeneral-Zod
|`- Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW.Dockery
+* Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryGeneral-Zod
|`- Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW.Dockery
+* Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryGeneral-Zod
|`* Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW.Dockery
| `* Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryGeneral-Zod
|  `- Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryW.Dockery
`- Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will DockeryGeneral-Zod

Pages:12
Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<3e5882825120520f6236cb116ef1c879@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4509&group=rec.arts.poems#4509

Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 05:11:29 +0000
Subject: Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 05:11 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery

>> Archived at:
>> http://comments.poetry.arts.alt.groups.com.ru/196352-Re_Tuesday_with_Little_Spain_by_Will_Dockery

>> From: Andrew Roller <roller...@earthlink.net>
>> Subject: Tuesday with Little Spain by Will Dockery
>> Date: 1998/06/21
>> Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems

>> PROBLEMS? Please try viewing this with Netscape Navigator.

>> Tuesday with Little Spain
>> by Will Dockery

>> And I am shoved back into this night life,
>> well she said, she said, she said it was impossible.

>> There is a place, it smoulders, it is the past, dreamtime,
>> wander these dark corridors of memory.
>> I sleep so deep, I don't like to sleep,
>> my dreams threaten to wash me away.

>> Floating in a sea of bad vibes, I do these things over and over,
>> repentatively, feel regret but keep doing it over and over.
>> Then the whole thing becomes a blur.

>> Grey and pasted, patched together with spackling
>> and sheet rock mud, a disgusted perversion of humanity.
>> During the decline and fall of poetry,
>> in the summer of sardonic excess,
>> I sat with Little Spain and felt her softness.

>> Still a sky poet, though tattered and glowing,
>> brought down from Blue Territory,
>> no longer in Blue Territory.
>> I wandered by a cold river
>> in the flaming copper land of summer.

>> This complete process of remaking we had,
>> your mix of pales & shades,
>> your, distinctive, mythic self, one distinct sing of your eyes...
>> I must bitterly understand our fate,
>> we were never meant to be,
>> like lost in the mirror'd rooms of a crazy house.

>> Crimson on the napkins,
>> pink fuzz on the clover.
>> Maneuver to the left, and forward,
>> into a mud soaked future.

>> -For more poems, type
>> http://www.dejanews.com/
>> into your browser's "Location" window. Press your "return" key.
>> Click on "Power Search" in the middle of the screen. Next,
>> Type in: roller...@earthlink.net in the box that appears.
>> Click on "find" (the button to the right of the box).
>> -Or search using: rolle...@idt.net

>> Tuesday with Little Spain is copyright 1998 by Will Dockery

>> From the 1998 Archives.

> A rare classic...

Thanks again for the nod, General Zod.

🙂

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<e87cf292e4f9fe26455387adf8a1f013@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4753&group=rec.arts.poems#4753

Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 18:04:12 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Thu, 4 Aug 2022 18:04 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>
>>> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery

>>> Archived at:
>>> http://comments.poetry.arts.alt.groups.com.ru/196352-Re_Tuesday_with_Little_Spain_by_Will_Dockery

>>> From: Andrew Roller <roller...@earthlink.net>
>>> Subject: Tuesday with Little Spain by Will Dockery
>>> Date: 1998/06/21
>>> Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems

>>> PROBLEMS? Please try viewing this with Netscape Navigator.

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain
>>> by Will Dockery

>>> And I am shoved back into this night life,
>>> well she said, she said, she said it was impossible.

>>> There is a place, it smoulders, it is the past, dreamtime,
>>> wander these dark corridors of memory.
>>> I sleep so deep, I don't like to sleep,
>>> my dreams threaten to wash me away.

>>> Floating in a sea of bad vibes, I do these things over and over,
>>> repentatively, feel regret but keep doing it over and over.
>>> Then the whole thing becomes a blur.

>>> Grey and pasted, patched together with spackling
>>> and sheet rock mud, a disgusted perversion of humanity.
>>> During the decline and fall of poetry,
>>> in the summer of sardonic excess,
>>> I sat with Little Spain and felt her softness.

>>> Still a sky poet, though tattered and glowing,
>>> brought down from Blue Territory,
>>> no longer in Blue Territory.
>>> I wandered by a cold river
>>> in the flaming copper land of summer.

>>> This complete process of remaking we had,
>>> your mix of pales & shades,
>>> your, distinctive, mythic self, one distinct sing of your eyes...
>>> I must bitterly understand our fate,
>>> we were never meant to be,
>>> like lost in the mirror'd rooms of a crazy house.

>>> Crimson on the napkins,
>>> pink fuzz on the clover.
>>> Maneuver to the left, and forward,
>>> into a mud soaked future.

>>> -For more poems, type
>>> http://www.dejanews.com/
>>> into your browser's "Location" window. Press your "return" key.
>>> Click on "Power Search" in the middle of the screen. Next,
>>> Type in: roller...@earthlink.net in the box that appears.
>>> Click on "find" (the button to the right of the box).
>>> -Or search using: rolle...@idt.net

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain is copyright 1998 by Will Dockery

>> From the 1998 Archives.

> A rare classic...

I remember the day I wrote this poem, Summer 1998, June, I think.

Upstairs at the CVCC library in Phenix City.

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<03e3409d9b1d17e2c3a768bccf38e3f6@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4839&group=rec.arts.poems#4839

Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 22:28:26 +0000
From: Zod...@news.novabbs.com (Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: Zod - Mon, 8 Aug 2022 22:28 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> Zod wrote:

>>> From the 1998 Archives.

>> A rare classic...

> I remember the day I wrote this poem, Summer 1998, June, I think.

> Upstairs at the CVCC library in Phenix City.

Good memory my friend...

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<35ec311cc9421d8b19c8b954afef9bf5@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4882&group=rec.arts.poems#4882

Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 04:33:01 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 04:33 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> Zod wrote:

>>> A rare classic...

>> I remember the day I wrote this poem, Summer 1998, June, I think.

>> Upstairs at the CVCC library in Phenix City.

> Good memory my friend...

Interesting, apparently Pendragon is reading these posts while pretending not to.

🙂

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<b38fb7c28ce4d6a4cc8d373cf4d5de84@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5173&group=rec.arts.poems#5173

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 01:38:28 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 01:38 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> Zod wrote:

>>> A rare classic...

>> I remember the day I wrote this poem, Summer 1998, June, I think.

>> Upstairs at the CVCC library in Phenix City.

> Good memory my friend...

Good times for us all.

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<58ca75ae2cec6fcf3cae4a72ecbedfdd@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5213&group=rec.arts.poems#5213

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 14:42:47 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 14:42 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> Zod wrote:

>>> A rare classic...

>> I remember the day I wrote this poem, Summer 1998, June, I think.

>> Upstairs at the CVCC library in Phenix City.

> Good memory my friend...

Good morning my friend.

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<fe09e36ced56fac246442f473e7ffab3@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5248&group=rec.arts.poems#5248

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 17:29:01 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 17:29 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> Zod wrote:

>>> A rare classic...

>> I remember the day I wrote this poem, Summer 1998, June, I think.

>> Upstairs at the CVCC library in Phenix City.

> Good memory my friend...

It sure had Pendragon whining.

🙂

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<c9e750decf072e001efd8102c2bd197a@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5291&group=rec.arts.poems#5291

Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 17:43:51 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 17:43 UTC

Zod wrote:
> Will Dockery wrote:

>> Zod wrote:

>>> A rare classic...

>> I remember the day I wrote this poem, Summer 1998, June, I think.

>> Upstairs at the CVCC library in Phenix City.

> Good memory my friend...

Good times, in hindsight.

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<ae55c8431fbdd73a499c1acddddf74d1@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5433&group=rec.arts.poems#5433

Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 21:47:25 +0000
From: Zod...@news.novabbs.com (Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: Zod - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 21:47 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> Zod wrote:

>> Will Dockery wrote:

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery

>>> Archived at:
>>> http://comments.poetry.arts.alt.groups.com.ru/196352-Re_Tuesday_with_Little_Spain_by_Will_Dockery

>>> From: Andrew Roller <roller...@earthlink.net>
>>> Subject: Tuesday with Little Spain by Will Dockery
>>> Date: 1998/06/21
>>> Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems

>>> PROBLEMS? Please try viewing this with Netscape Navigator.

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain
>>> by Will Dockery

>>> And I am shoved back into this night life,
>>> well she said, she said, she said it was impossible.

>>> There is a place, it smoulders, it is the past, dreamtime,
>>> wander these dark corridors of memory.
>>> I sleep so deep, I don't like to sleep,
>>> my dreams threaten to wash me away.

>>> Floating in a sea of bad vibes, I do these things over and over,
>>> repentatively, feel regret but keep doing it over and over.
>>> Then the whole thing becomes a blur.

>>> Grey and pasted, patched together with spackling
>>> and sheet rock mud, a disgusted perversion of humanity.
>>> During the decline and fall of poetry,
>>> in the summer of sardonic excess,
>>> I sat with Little Spain and felt her softness.

>>> Still a sky poet, though tattered and glowing,
>>> brought down from Blue Territory,
>>> no longer in Blue Territory.
>>> I wandered by a cold river
>>> in the flaming copper land of summer.

>>> This complete process of remaking we had,
>>> your mix of pales & shades,
>>> your, distinctive, mythic self, one distinct sing of your eyes...
>>> I must bitterly understand our fate,
>>> we were never meant to be,
>>> like lost in the mirror'd rooms of a crazy house.

>>> Crimson on the napkins,
>>> pink fuzz on the clover.
>>> Maneuver to the left, and forward,
>>> into a mud soaked future.

>>> -For more poems, type
>>> http://www.dejanews.com/
>>> into your browser's "Location" window. Press your "return" key.
>>> Click on "Power Search" in the middle of the screen. Next,
>>> Type in: roller...@earthlink.net in the box that appears.
>>> Click on "find" (the button to the right of the box).
>>> -Or search using: rolle...@idt.net

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain is copyright 1998 by Will Dockery

>>> From the 1998 Archives.

>> A rare classic...

> Thanks again for the nod, General Zod.

> 🙂

Good day to you....!

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<534e941f99f12f518ddc5774ee5fe23d@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5459&group=rec.arts.poems#5459

Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 23:52:02 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 23:52 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> Zod wrote:

>>> A rare classic...

>> Thanks again for the nod, General Zod.

>> 🙂

> Good day to you....!

Good evening, my friend.

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<2b9a04ff43f06fab8ed0d90f6a75cd7b@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5521&group=rec.arts.poems#5521

Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 02:13:13 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 02:13 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> Zod wrote:

>>> A rare classic...

>> I remember the day I wrote this poem, Summer 1998, June, I think.

>> Upstairs at the CVCC library in Phenix City.

> Good memory my friend...

I can look it up because I also made a post on a Bob Dylan group, which is time-stamped.

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<7199affa069241403c28e453192c14dc@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5550&group=rec.arts.poems#5550

Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 22:11:57 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Thu, 22 Sep 2022 22:11 UTC

W.Dockery wrote:

> Zod wrote:

>> Will Dockery wrote:

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery

>>> Archived at:
>>> http://comments.poetry.arts.alt.groups.com.ru/196352-Re_Tuesday_with_Little_Spain_by_Will_Dockery

>>> From: Andrew Roller <roller...@earthlink.net>
>>> Subject: Tuesday with Little Spain by Will Dockery
>>> Date: 1998/06/21
>>> Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems

>>> PROBLEMS? Please try viewing this with Netscape Navigator.

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain
>>> by Will Dockery

>>> And I am shoved back into this night life,
>>> well she said, she said, she said it was impossible.

>>> There is a place, it smoulders, it is the past, dreamtime,
>>> wander these dark corridors of memory.
>>> I sleep so deep, I don't like to sleep,
>>> my dreams threaten to wash me away.

>>> Floating in a sea of bad vibes, I do these things over and over,
>>> repentatively, feel regret but keep doing it over and over.
>>> Then the whole thing becomes a blur.

>>> Grey and pasted, patched together with spackling
>>> and sheet rock mud, a disgusted perversion of humanity.
>>> During the decline and fall of poetry,
>>> in the summer of sardonic excess,
>>> I sat with Little Spain and felt her softness.

>>> Still a sky poet, though tattered and glowing,
>>> brought down from Blue Territory,
>>> no longer in Blue Territory.
>>> I wandered by a cold river
>>> in the flaming copper land of summer.

>>> This complete process of remaking we had,
>>> your mix of pales & shades,
>>> your, distinctive, mythic self, one distinct sing of your eyes...
>>> I must bitterly understand our fate,
>>> we were never meant to be,
>>> like lost in the mirror'd rooms of a crazy house.

>>> Crimson on the napkins,
>>> pink fuzz on the clover.
>>> Maneuver to the left, and forward,
>>> into a mud soaked future.

>>> -For more poems, type
>>> http://www.dejanews.com/
>>> into your browser's "Location" window. Press your "return" key.
>>> Click on "Power Search" in the middle of the screen. Next,
>>> Type in: roller...@earthlink.net in the box that appears.
>>> Click on "find" (the button to the right of the box).
>>> -Or search using: rolle...@idt.net

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain is copyright 1998 by Will Dockery

>>> From the 1998 Archives.

>> A rare classic...

> Thanks again for the nod, General Zod.

> 🙂

Hello and good day to you...!

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<f55344c78381394f97c62d509e6d76af@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5600&group=rec.arts.poems#5600

Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 23:26:40 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 23:26 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> W.Dockery wrote:

>> Zod wrote:

>>> A rare classic...

>> Thanks again for the nod, General Zod.

> Hello and good day to you...!

Good afternoon, my friend.

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<3e0bc0b7906defbe7afafbf2930f8b60@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6350&group=rec.arts.poems#6350

Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 14:01:21 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Mon, 28 Nov 2022 14:01 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> Zod wrote:

>>> A rare classic...

>> I remember the day I wrote this poem, Summer 1998, June, I think.

>> Upstairs at the CVCC library in Phenix City.

> Good memory my friend...

Thanks again for reading and commenting, Zod.

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<f776ce9d8e8dde6b6b3443404ce57680@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6359&group=rec.arts.poems#6359

Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 22:40:57 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 22:40 UTC

W.Dockery wrote:

> Zod wrote:

>> Will Dockery wrote:

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery

>>> Archived at:
>>> http://comments.poetry.arts.alt.groups.com.ru/196352-Re_Tuesday_with_Little_Spain_by_Will_Dockery

>>> From: Andrew Roller <roller...@earthlink.net>
>>> Subject: Tuesday with Little Spain by Will Dockery
>>> Date: 1998/06/21
>>> Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems

>>> PROBLEMS? Please try viewing this with Netscape Navigator.

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain
>>> by Will Dockery

>>> And I am shoved back into this night life,
>>> well she said, she said, she said it was impossible.

>>> There is a place, it smoulders, it is the past, dreamtime,
>>> wander these dark corridors of memory.
>>> I sleep so deep, I don't like to sleep,
>>> my dreams threaten to wash me away.

>>> Floating in a sea of bad vibes, I do these things over and over,
>>> repentatively, feel regret but keep doing it over and over.
>>> Then the whole thing becomes a blur.

>>> Grey and pasted, patched together with spackling
>>> and sheet rock mud, a disgusted perversion of humanity.
>>> During the decline and fall of poetry,
>>> in the summer of sardonic excess,
>>> I sat with Little Spain and felt her softness.

>>> Still a sky poet, though tattered and glowing,
>>> brought down from Blue Territory,
>>> no longer in Blue Territory.
>>> I wandered by a cold river
>>> in the flaming copper land of summer.

>>> This complete process of remaking we had,
>>> your mix of pales & shades,
>>> your, distinctive, mythic self, one distinct sing of your eyes...
>>> I must bitterly understand our fate,
>>> we were never meant to be,
>>> like lost in the mirror'd rooms of a crazy house.

>>> Crimson on the napkins,
>>> pink fuzz on the clover.
>>> Maneuver to the left, and forward,
>>> into a mud soaked future.

>>> -For more poems, type
>>> http://www.dejanews.com/
>>> into your browser's "Location" window. Press your "return" key.
>>> Click on "Power Search" in the middle of the screen. Next,
>>> Type in: roller...@earthlink.net in the box that appears.
>>> Click on "find" (the button to the right of the box).
>>> -Or search using: rolle...@idt.net

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain is copyright 1998 by Will Dockery

>>> From the 1998 Archives.

>> A rare classic...

> Thanks again for the nod, General Zod.

> 🙂

Being the poetry lover that i am I quite enjoyed it....

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<76896e47b6da81f0f055141f14df1ac0@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6366&group=rec.arts.poems#6366

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 22:36:10 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 22:36 UTC

Zod wrote:
> Will Dockery wrote:
>
>>> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery

> A rare classic...
> Being the poetry lover that i am I quite enjoyed it....

Good evening, appreciate it.

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<c6bda3ba76c14ba4c06abd9d8c8cabc6@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6575&group=rec.arts.poems#6575

Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 22:23:19 +0000
From: W.Dock...@news.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Wed, 21 Dec 2022 22:23 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> Zod wrote:

>>> A rare classic...

>> I remember the day I wrote this poem, Summer 1998, June, I think.

>> Upstairs at the CVCC library in Phenix City.

> Good memory my friend...

Thanks again, are you heading to Florida this weekend?

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<ed1788349cd013a6e676cf45c1fc6a50@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8388&group=rec.arts.poems#8388

From: W.Dock...@news.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 04:35:41 +0000
 by: W.Dockery - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 04:35 UTC

Zod wrote:
> Will Dockery wrote:
>
>>> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery

> Hello and good day to you...!

Good evening Zod, thanks again for the nod.

🙂

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<0d0e128da319274d9923fc2b4625c975@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8414&group=rec.arts.poems#8414

Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 01:39:54 +0000
From: W.Dock...@news.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 01:39 UTC

Zod wrote:
> Will Dockery wrote:
>
>>> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery

> A rare classic...

Good evening my friend, thanks again for the positive feedback.

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<48480bc4ed9e4c107a3ae7d97762090e@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8470&group=rec.arts.poems#8470

Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2023 23:31:20 +0000
From: W.Dock...@news.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Tue, 1 Aug 2023 23:31 UTC

Zod wrote:
> Will Dockery wrote:

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery

> A rare classic...

Good evening again and thanks for the nod.

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<960b4c3d29ddab2f1445552c9f7a3e99@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8487&group=rec.arts.poems#8487

Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 18:07:58 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 18:07 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery

>>> Archived at:
>>> http://comments.poetry.arts.alt.groups.com.ru/196352-Re_Tuesday_with_Little_Spain_by_Will_Dockery

>>> From: Andrew Roller <roller...@earthlink.net>
>>> Subject: Tuesday with Little Spain by Will Dockery
>>> Date: 1998/06/21
>>> Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems

>>> PROBLEMS? Please try viewing this with Netscape Navigator.

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain
>>> by Will Dockery

>>> And I am shoved back into this night life,
>>> well she said, she said, she said it was impossible.

>>> There is a place, it smoulders, it is the past, dreamtime,
>>> wander these dark corridors of memory.
>>> I sleep so deep, I don't like to sleep,
>>> my dreams threaten to wash me away.

>>> Floating in a sea of bad vibes, I do these things over and over,
>>> repentatively, feel regret but keep doing it over and over.
>>> Then the whole thing becomes a blur.

>>> Grey and pasted, patched together with spackling
>>> and sheet rock mud, a disgusted perversion of humanity.
>>> During the decline and fall of poetry,
>>> in the summer of sardonic excess,
>>> I sat with Little Spain and felt her softness.

>>> Still a sky poet, though tattered and glowing,
>>> brought down from Blue Territory,
>>> no longer in Blue Territory.
>>> I wandered by a cold river
>>> in the flaming copper land of summer.

>>> This complete process of remaking we had,
>>> your mix of pales & shades,
>>> your, distinctive, mythic self, one distinct sing of your eyes...
>>> I must bitterly understand our fate,
>>> we were never meant to be,
>>> like lost in the mirror'd rooms of a crazy house.

>>> Crimson on the napkins,
>>> pink fuzz on the clover.
>>> Maneuver to the left, and forward,
>>> into a mud soaked future.

>>> -For more poems, type
>>> http://www.dejanews.com/
>>> into your browser's "Location" window. Press your "return" key.
>>> Click on "Power Search" in the middle of the screen. Next,
>>> Type in: roller...@earthlink.net in the box that appears.
>>> Click on "find" (the button to the right of the box).
>>> -Or search using: rolle...@idt.net

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain is copyright 1998 by Will Dockery

Yep... a fave from the olden times...!

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<e9b7ff402be9a487c76d3f483b696401@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8530&group=rec.arts.poems#8530

Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 00:48:44 +0000
From: W.Dock...@news.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 00:48 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> Yep... a fave from the olden times...!

Good evening, thanks again.

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<e3d4d0c234139a52ec5c7eb0f0888ace@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8562&group=rec.arts.poems#8562

Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 02:40:57 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 02:40 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery

> classic...

Good evening, thanks for the nod.

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<6d2ffc680d40f303868b6e3dbb9be30e@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8613&group=rec.arts.poems#8613

Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 20:04:43 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 20:04 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> Zod wrote:

>> Will Dockery wrote:

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery

>>> Archived at:
>>> http://comments.poetry.arts.alt.groups.com.ru/196352-Re_Tuesday_with_Little_Spain_by_Will_Dockery

>>> From: Andrew Roller <roller...@earthlink.net>
>>> Subject: Tuesday with Little Spain by Will Dockery
>>> Date: 1998/06/21
>>> Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems

>>> PROBLEMS? Please try viewing this with Netscape Navigator.

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain
>>> by Will Dockery

>>> And I am shoved back into this night life,
>>> well she said, she said, she said it was impossible.

>>> There is a place, it smoulders, it is the past, dreamtime,
>>> wander these dark corridors of memory.
>>> I sleep so deep, I don't like to sleep,
>>> my dreams threaten to wash me away.

>>> Floating in a sea of bad vibes, I do these things over and over,
>>> repentatively, feel regret but keep doing it over and over.
>>> Then the whole thing becomes a blur.

>>> Grey and pasted, patched together with spackling
>>> and sheet rock mud, a disgusted perversion of humanity.
>>> During the decline and fall of poetry,
>>> in the summer of sardonic excess,
>>> I sat with Little Spain and felt her softness.

>>> Still a sky poet, though tattered and glowing,
>>> brought down from Blue Territory,
>>> no longer in Blue Territory.
>>> I wandered by a cold river
>>> in the flaming copper land of summer.

>>> This complete process of remaking we had,
>>> your mix of pales & shades,
>>> your, distinctive, mythic self, one distinct sing of your eyes...
>>> I must bitterly understand our fate,
>>> we were never meant to be,
>>> like lost in the mirror'd rooms of a crazy house.

>>> Crimson on the napkins,
>>> pink fuzz on the clover.
>>> Maneuver to the left, and forward,
>>> into a mud soaked future.

>>> -For more poems, type
>>> http://www.dejanews.com/
>>> into your browser's "Location" window. Press your "return" key.
>>> Click on "Power Search" in the middle of the screen. Next,
>>> Type in: roller...@earthlink.net in the box that appears.
>>> Click on "find" (the button to the right of the box).
>>> -Or search using: rolle...@idt.net

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain is copyright 1998 by Will Dockery

>>> From the 1998 Archives.

>> A rare classic...

> Thanks again for the nod, General Zod.

Good day to you and splendid trip down the lanes of memory...!

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<cbc97bd36cd842899cfa5f08511f06fb@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8669&group=rec.arts.poems#8669

Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 08:44:20 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 08:44 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> Zod wrote:

> Good day to you and splendid trip down the lanes of memory...!

Good morning, again, thanks for the read.

arts / rec.arts.poems / Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery