Predestination was doomed from the start.

arts / rec.music.beatles / Re: How much $ did Pete Best make off A1?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: How much $ did Pete Best make off A1?Driver A23
+- Re: How much $ did Pete Best make off A1?Driver A23
`- Re: How much $ did Pete Best make off A1?Driver A23

1
Re: How much $ did Pete Best make off A1?

<c2e4ee30-5401-463a-8101-7d4ca69b0df9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4509&group=rec.music.beatles#4509

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 00:49:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: How much $ did Pete Best make off A1?
From: a23route...@gmail.com (Driver A23)
 by: Driver A23 - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 07:49 UTC

On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 7:27:24 AM UTC-4, Norbert K wrote:
> On Monday, September 14, 2020 at 8:34:10 PM UTC-4, Willy wrote:
> > I suspect his abilities were not up to snuff in the opinion of Paul, foremostly. Macca was dead serious about their band being as good as they could possibly be, and Best was not best, so he
> > wasted no more time in installing the last component, a drummer that they felt could
> > do everything that they needed their stickman to do. And Best didn't inspire their confidence, for reasons that they have never
> > elaborated on. I suspect they didn't feel that
> > he just didn't have the chops to help them get where they were determined to go, and he had no personality skills to speak of, which I feel was important to Paul, the social creature that he was. Best was fairly unexciting on stage, no smiles, no head shaking, just doin a job, as it were. But Paul wanted a drummer that would help raise the excitement level of the whole experience of their performances, so Best had to go. Paul bravely gave that task to Brian.
> > Hmmm. Ringo was just what Doctor Macca ordered.
> > Whereas Best was a good looking man, Ringo was a bit of a plain sort, but the personality gains were sizable and immediate. Macca immediately liked the pugly shorty and said
> > to himself "time to roll, self", and immediately set out to thinking about ideas for original songs to begin serious work on.
> > All the above is of course pure speculation
> > about events about the Pete Best situation, but
> > informed by many things that I have heard over the years. If Pete Best did receive a life changing amount of money for his minor role in the Beatle story, then good for him. It doesn't bother me one bit. He's had to endure the
> > REJECT label all these years, and that was
> > probably humiliating and painful at times of
> > financial need that most people experience
> > in the struggle to achieve some peace of mind
> > when possible. Nobody ever said the guy was some brut asshole of a human being. He just wasn't quite good enough to work the sticks behind the greatest little Rock&Roll band of
> > all time. All the Best, Pete.
> There's audio of Lennon discussing the firing of Pete Best on Youtube. He says "We were getting sick of Pete Best because he was a lousy drummer -- and he never *improved*."
>
> Lennon and McCartney were clearly determined to get better -- and they did.

Re: How much $ did Pete Best make off A1?

<9b4f807a-9dd6-4e7c-b791-3dd114c2739fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4510&group=rec.music.beatles#4510

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 01:01:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: a23route...@gmail.com (Driver A23)
 by: Driver A23 - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 08:01 UTC

On Thursday, March 23, 2023 at 3:49:29 AM UTC-4, Driver A23 wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 7:27:24 AM UTC-4, Norbert K wrote:
> > On Monday, September 14, 2020 at 8:34:10 PM UTC-4, Willy wrote:
> > > I suspect his abilities were not up to snuff in the opinion of Paul, foremostly. Macca was dead serious about their band being as good as they could possibly be, and Best was not best, so he
> > > wasted no more time in installing the last component, a drummer that they felt could
> > > do everything that they needed their stickman to do. And Best didn't inspire their confidence, for reasons that they have never
> > > elaborated on. I suspect they didn't feel that
> > > he just didn't have the chops to help them get where they were determined to go, and he had no personality skills to speak of, which I feel was important to Paul, the social creature that he was. Best was fairly unexciting on stage, no smiles, no head shaking, just doin a job, as it were. But Paul wanted a drummer that would help raise the excitement level of the whole experience of their performances, so Best had to go. Paul bravely gave that task to Brian.
> > > Hmmm. Ringo was just what Doctor Macca ordered.
> > > Whereas Best was a good looking man, Ringo was a bit of a plain sort, but the personality gains were sizable and immediate. Macca immediately liked the pugly shorty and said
> > > to himself "time to roll, self", and immediately set out to thinking about ideas for original songs to begin serious work on.
> > > All the above is of course pure speculation
> > > about events about the Pete Best situation, but
> > > informed by many things that I have heard over the years. If Pete Best did receive a life changing amount of money for his minor role in the Beatle story, then good for him. It doesn't bother me one bit. He's had to endure the
> > > REJECT label all these years, and that was
> > > probably humiliating and painful at times of
> > > financial need that most people experience
> > > in the struggle to achieve some peace of mind
> > > when possible. Nobody ever said the guy was some brut asshole of a human being. He just wasn't quite good enough to work the sticks behind the greatest little Rock&Roll band of
> > > all time. All the Best, Pete.
> > There's audio of Lennon discussing the firing of Pete Best on Youtube. He says "We were getting sick of Pete Best because he was a lousy drummer -- and he never *improved*."
> >
> > Lennon and McCartney were clearly determined to get better -- and they did.

Re: How much $ did Pete Best make off A1?

<d21afd2a-237a-43bb-88d4-19c69f184cc7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4511&group=rec.music.beatles#4511

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 01:04:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: a23route...@gmail.com (Driver A23)
 by: Driver A23 - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 08:04 UTC