They're only trying to make me LOOK paranoid!

arts / rec.music.beatles / Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's Visits

SubjectAuthor
* Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's VisitsNorbert K
`* Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's VisitsPamela Brown
 `* Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's VisitsNorbert K
  `* Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's VisitsWillie Williams
   `* Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's VisitsNorbert K
    `* Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's VisitsPamela Brown
     +* Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's VisitsNorbert K
     |`- Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's Visitscurtis...@gmail.com
     `* Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's VisitsPaul Hart
      `- Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's VisitsPamela Brown

1
Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's Visits

<a9492ed1-26f2-4992-9c46-fe5374436f9an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2498&group=rec.music.beatles#2498

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 07:06:57 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's Visits
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 15:06 UTC

According to Elliot Mintz, Sean Lennon "started visiting me in California when he was around 10 or 11. He spent a couple of weeks with me in my old house in Laurel Canyon. He would visit me in the evening and then during the day I would drive him over to spend time at Michael Jackson's house in Encino."

Sean was 10 years old in 1985. Also spending time with Jackson that year were his sister Janet and her then-husband Anthony DeBarge. According to the book Michael Jackson Unauthorized by Chris Anderson:

"In a taped conversation with a police informant in 1993, DeBarge revealed that one morning he peeked into Michael's room and saw him in bed with Sean [Lennon]. Asked if he saw Michael and Sean together in a sexual way, DeBarge reportedly replied 'Yes.'"

Disturbing as that is, there is a deeper question. Michael Jackson purchased the publishing rights to the Beatles' catalogue on August 14 of 1985.

Paul McCartney claimed in an interview with Timothy White in the 80s that he had been prevented from acquiring the publishing rights due to "complications with Yoko."

Is this all a coincidence? Or was Yoko pimping young Sean out to Michael Jackson as a reward for his thwarting of Paul McCartney's wish to own the Beatles' publishing rights?

Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's Visits

<eb087ebc-dfc7-49d0-8cdd-170a90892aadn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2524&group=rec.music.beatles#2524

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 11:11:17 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's Visits
From: pamelaj...@gmail.com (Pamela Brown)
 by: Pamela Brown - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 19:11 UTC

On Monday, December 27, 2021 at 9:06:59 AM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:
> According to Elliot Mintz, Sean Lennon "started visiting me in California when he was around 10 or 11. He spent a couple of weeks with me in my old house in Laurel Canyon. He would visit me in the evening and then during the day I would drive him over to spend time at Michael Jackson's house in Encino."
>
> Sean was 10 years old in 1985. Also spending time with Jackson that year were his sister Janet and her then-husband Anthony DeBarge. According to the book Michael Jackson Unauthorized by Chris Anderson:
>
> "In a taped conversation with a police informant in 1993, DeBarge revealed that one morning he peeked into Michael's room and saw him in bed with Sean [Lennon]. Asked if he saw Michael and Sean together in a sexual way, DeBarge reportedly replied 'Yes.'"
>
> Disturbing as that is, there is a deeper question. Michael Jackson purchased the publishing rights to the Beatles' catalogue on August 14 of 1985.
>
> Paul McCartney claimed in an interview with Timothy White in the 80s that he had been prevented from acquiring the publishing rights due to "complications with Yoko."
>
> Is this all a coincidence? Or was Yoko pimping young Sean out to Michael Jackson as a reward for his thwarting of Paul McCartney's wish to own the Beatles' publishing rights?
This is scary. Has Sean ever talked about this?

Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's Visits

<fe39a7d7-9d76-4f46-916a-465f03c5c35an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2530&group=rec.music.beatles#2530

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 11:54:14 -0800 (PST)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 19:54 UTC

On Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 2:11:19 PM UTC-5, pamel...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, December 27, 2021 at 9:06:59 AM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:
> > According to Elliot Mintz, Sean Lennon "started visiting me in California when he was around 10 or 11. He spent a couple of weeks with me in my old house in Laurel Canyon. He would visit me in the evening and then during the day I would drive him over to spend time at Michael Jackson's house in Encino."
> >
> > Sean was 10 years old in 1985. Also spending time with Jackson that year were his sister Janet and her then-husband Anthony DeBarge. According to the book Michael Jackson Unauthorized by Chris Anderson:
> >
> > "In a taped conversation with a police informant in 1993, DeBarge revealed that one morning he peeked into Michael's room and saw him in bed with Sean [Lennon]. Asked if he saw Michael and Sean together in a sexual way, DeBarge reportedly replied 'Yes.'"
> >
> > Disturbing as that is, there is a deeper question. Michael Jackson purchased the publishing rights to the Beatles' catalogue on August 14 of 1985.
> >
> > Paul McCartney claimed in an interview with Timothy White in the 80s that he had been prevented from acquiring the publishing rights due to "complications with Yoko."
> >
> > Is this all a coincidence? Or was Yoko pimping young Sean out to Michael Jackson as a reward for his thwarting of Paul McCartney's wish to own the Beatles' publishing rights?
> This is scary. Has Sean ever talked about this?

Sean and Les Claypool released a song and video called "Bubbles Burst" a while back. The imagery in the video is worth a look, and probably as close as we're going to get to his memories of Michael. Maybe turn the sound, off, though; Sean's is not IMO a good vocalist or songwriter.

Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's Visits

<d33f3bed-fab2-4d88-a15a-b301333f75a5n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2531&group=rec.music.beatles#2531

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 12:41:02 -0800 (PST)
From: williamg...@gmail.com (Willie Williams)
 by: Willie Williams - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 20:41 UTC

On Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 2:54:16 PM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 2:11:19 PM UTC-5, pamel...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Monday, December 27, 2021 at 9:06:59 AM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:
> > > According to Elliot Mintz, Sean Lennon "started visiting me in California when he was around 10 or 11. He spent a couple of weeks with me in my old house in Laurel Canyon. He would visit me in the evening and then during the day I would drive him over to spend time at Michael Jackson's house in Encino."
> > >
> > > Sean was 10 years old in 1985. Also spending time with Jackson that year were his sister Janet and her then-husband Anthony DeBarge. According to the book Michael Jackson Unauthorized by Chris Anderson:
> > >
> > > "In a taped conversation with a police informant in 1993, DeBarge revealed that one morning he peeked into Michael's room and saw him in bed with Sean [Lennon]. Asked if he saw Michael and Sean together in a sexual way, DeBarge reportedly replied 'Yes.'"
> > >
> > > Disturbing as that is, there is a deeper question. Michael Jackson purchased the publishing rights to the Beatles' catalogue on August 14 of 1985.
> > >
> > > Paul McCartney claimed in an interview with Timothy White in the 80s that he had been prevented from acquiring the publishing rights due to "complications with Yoko."
> > >
> > > Is this all a coincidence? Or was Yoko pimping young Sean out to Michael Jackson as a reward for his thwarting of Paul McCartney's wish to own the Beatles' publishing rights?
> > This is scary. Has Sean ever talked about this?
> Sean and Les Claypool released a song and video called "Bubbles Burst" a while back. The imagery in the video is worth a look, and probably as close as we're going to get to his memories of Michael. Maybe turn the sound, off, though; Sean's is not IMO a good vocalist or songwriter.
Yikes. I just watched "Bubbles Burst," and the creepiest thing about it for me was the comments, only one of which seem to realize what the song was about. One comment was "That was the most adorable video I've ever seen, very happy to have seen this." (Maybe this was ironic, I hope so.) The only one that seem to get it was "So courageous..."

Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's Visits

<3da80c98-6e3f-4c6d-9aac-836328f792c4n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2532&group=rec.music.beatles#2532

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 13:07:43 -0800 (PST)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 21:07 UTC

On Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 3:41:04 PM UTC-5, Willie Williams wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 2:54:16 PM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:

> > > This is scary. Has Sean ever talked about this?
> > Sean and Les Claypool released a song and video called "Bubbles Burst" a while back. The imagery in the video is worth a look, and probably as close as we're going to get to his memories of Michael. Maybe turn the sound, off, though; Sean's is not IMO a good vocalist or songwriter.
> Yikes. I just watched "Bubbles Burst," and the creepiest thing about it for me was the comments, only one of which seem to realize what the song was about. One comment was "That was the most adorable video I've ever seen, very happy to have seen this." (Maybe this was ironic, I hope so.) The only one that seem to get it was "So courageous..."

Yeah, I just browsed the comments. I don't see how anyone could fail to see what's going on in the video.

Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's Visits

<4e70870a-b5a1-45f2-b841-724dbe7d773bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2533&group=rec.music.beatles#2533

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 08:31:29 -0800 (PST)
From: pamelaj...@gmail.com (Pamela Brown)
 by: Pamela Brown - Thu, 30 Dec 2021 16:31 UTC

On Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 3:07:45 PM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 3:41:04 PM UTC-5, Willie Williams wrote:

> > > Sean and Les Claypool released a song and video called "Bubbles Burst" a while back. The imagery in the video is worth a look, and probably as close as we're going to get to his memories of Michael. Maybe turn the sound, off, though; Sean's is not IMO a good vocalist or songwriter.
> > Yikes. I just watched "Bubbles Burst," and the creepiest thing about it for me was the comments, only one of which seem to realize what the song was about. One comment was "That was the most adorable video I've ever seen, very happy to have seen this." (Maybe this was ironic, I hope so.) The only one that seem to get it was "So courageous..."
> Yeah, I just browsed the comments. I don't see how anyone could fail to see what's going on in the video.
Oddly, somewhere in the Gimme Some Truth book there is a reference to Elliot Mintz as being 'ex-fbi'...

Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's Visits

<c4c55dce-8aea-4204-b251-b4870051cd07n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2534&group=rec.music.beatles#2534

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 08:44:36 -0800 (PST)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Thu, 30 Dec 2021 16:44 UTC

On Thursday, December 30, 2021 at 11:31:31 AM UTC-5, pamel...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 3:07:45 PM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:

> > > Yikes. I just watched "Bubbles Burst," and the creepiest thing about it for me was the comments, only one of which seem to realize what the song was about. One comment was "That was the most adorable video I've ever seen, very happy to have seen this." (Maybe this was ironic, I hope so.) The only one that seem to get it was "So courageous..."
> > Yeah, I just browsed the comments. I don't see how anyone could fail to see what's going on in the video.
> Oddly, somewhere in the Gimme Some Truth book there is a reference to Elliot Mintz as being 'ex-fbi'...

Mintz may have described himself in that way, and I can also see him providing the FBI with information on John and Yoko.

If you read Michael Gregg Michaud's biography of Sal Mineo, you'll see how Mintz had developed a pattern of taking Mineo to Hollywood Italian restaurants, enjoying lavish feasts, and then guilting the restaurants' servers and owners into not charging the "great" Mineo for the meals. Mintz was another con-man. He was Yoko's Yoko.

Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's Visits

<e8f01244-a4ff-4997-b176-d8ebaed1fbban@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=2539&group=rec.music.beatles#2539

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 11:08:03 -0800 (PST)
From: curtissd...@gmail.com (curtis...@gmail.com)
 by: curtis...@gmail.com - Thu, 30 Dec 2021 19:08 UTC

On Thursday, December 30, 2021 at 11:44:38 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
> On Thursday, December 30, 2021 at 11:31:31 AM UTC-5, pamel...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Yeah, I just browsed the comments. I don't see how anyone could fail to see what's going on in the video.
> > Oddly, somewhere in the Gimme Some Truth book there is a reference to Elliot Mintz as being 'ex-fbi'...
> Mintz may have described himself in that way, and I can also see him providing the FBI with information on John and Yoko.
>

> If you read Michael Gregg Michaud's biography of Sal Mineo, you'll see how Mintz had developed a pattern of taking Mineo to Hollywood Italian restaurants, enjoying lavish feasts, and then guilting the restaurants' servers and owners into not charging the "great" Mineo for the meals. Mintz was another con-man. He was Yoko's Yoko.

Mintz has always come off as a major perv...

Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's Visits

<090bbbdc-575f-4377-b898-faf9b7265a23n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4535&group=rec.music.beatles#4535

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 19:05:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: easternc...@gmail.com (Paul Hart)
 by: Paul Hart - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 02:05 UTC

On Thursday, December 30, 2021 at 11:31:31 AM UTC-5, Pamela Brown wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 3:07:45 PM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:

> > > Yikes. I just watched "Bubbles Burst," and the creepiest thing about it for me was the comments, only one of which seem to realize what the song was about. One comment was "That was the most adorable video I've ever seen, very happy to have seen this." (Maybe this was ironic, I hope so.) The only one that seem to get it was "So courageous..."
> > Yeah, I just browsed the comments. I don't see how anyone could fail to see what's going on in the video.
> Oddly, somewhere in the Gimme Some Truth book there is a reference to Elliot Mintz as being 'ex-fbi'...
Can anyone confirm what Pamela said about Elliot Mintz in the book Gimme Some Truth... being "ex-FBI"?

Re: Elliot Mintz On Sean Lennon's Visits

<ae882224-0c24-433a-8e82-7bcee79bb6b7n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4539&group=rec.music.beatles#4539

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 11:28:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: pamelaj...@gmail.com (Pamela Brown)
 by: Pamela Brown - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 18:28 UTC

On Friday, March 24, 2023 at 9:05:20 PM UTC-5, Paul Hart wrote:
> On Thursday, December 30, 2021 at 11:31:31 AM UTC-5, Pamela Brown wrote:

> > > Yeah, I just browsed the comments. I don't see how anyone could fail to see what's going on in the video.
> > Oddly, somewhere in the Gimme Some Truth book there is a reference to Elliot Mintz as being 'ex-fbi'...
> Can anyone confirm what Pamela said about Elliot Mintz in the book Gimme Some Truth... being "ex-FBI"?
Apologies, Paul. I should have provided a cite. I will try to track it down...