The farther you go, the less you know. -- Lao Tsu, "Tao Te Ching"

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Next Titan-Class Toy to be Cybertron Metroplex

SubjectAuthor
* Next Titan-Class Toy to be Cybertron MetroplexZobovor
`* Re: Next Titan-Class Toy to be Cybertron MetroplexGustavo Wombat
 `- Re: Next Titan-Class Toy to be Cybertron MetroplexZobovor

1
Next Titan-Class Toy to be Cybertron Metroplex

<7da1030f-4614-4f98-8138-c1426cd6379cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4589&group=alt.toys.transformers#4589

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 17:06:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Next Titan-Class Toy to be Cybertron Metroplex
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Wed, 18 Aug 2021 00:06 UTC

There have been multiple leaks recently regarding Hasbro-solicited listings in Target computers. It's honestly hard to keep up with it all.

Here's the known list as it stands now:

Core class:
Optimus Prime (likely Kingdom repack)
Soundwave (likely Kingdom repack)
Skywarp (likely Starscream redeco)
Shockwave
Iguanus (Pretender)
Energon Monster

Deluxe class:
Breakdown
Dead End
Wildrider
Drag Strip
Skids
Energon Monster
Kickback
Crankcase
Elita One
Pointblank
Tarantulas
Arcee (Transformers: Prime)

Those in the know have confirmed that Elita One is not a repack or redeco of the Netflix toy. It's been suggested she's being set up for a remold as a character with emergency lights, so the likely answer to this hint is Minerva.

Voyager class:

Soundwave (possible Netflix repack?)
Blaster
Jhiaxus
Bulkhead (Animated)
Armada Starscream
Inferno (Beast Wars)

Leader class:
Dragon Megatron
Galvatron (probable Kingdom repack)
Laser Optimus Prime
Blitzwing

Commander class:
Motormaster

Titan class:
Cybertron Metroplex

I know a lot of fans have been sick of the G1-focused updates for a while now, so hopefully a new version of Cybertron Metroplex will make them happy. I won't be buying it.

Zob (off to help my son put some tiny magnets inside his Rubik's Cube)

Re: Next Titan-Class Toy to be Cybertron Metroplex

<sfhm6k$1igu$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4590&group=alt.toys.transformers#4590

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Re: Next Titan-Class Toy to be Cybertron Metroplex
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 01:02:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Wed, 18 Aug 2021 01:02 UTC

Zobovor <zmfts@aol.com> wrote:
> There have been multiple leaks recently regarding Hasbro-solicited
> listings in Target computers. It's honestly hard to keep up with it all.
>
> Here's the known list as it stands now:
>
> Core class:
> Optimus Prime (likely Kingdom repack)
> Soundwave (likely Kingdom repack)
> Skywarp (likely Starscream redeco)
> Shockwave
> Iguanus (Pretender)
> Energon Monster
>
> Deluxe class:
> Breakdown
> Dead End
> Wildrider
> Drag Strip
> Skids
> Energon Monster
> Kickback
> Crankcase
> Elita One
> Pointblank
> Tarantulas
> Arcee (Transformers: Prime)
>
> Those in the know have confirmed that Elita One is not a repack or redeco
> of the Netflix toy. It's been suggested she's being set up for a remold
> as a character with emergency lights, so the likely answer to this hint is Minerva.
>
> Voyager class:
>
> Soundwave (possible Netflix repack?)
> Blaster
> Jhiaxus
> Bulkhead (Animated)
> Armada Starscream
> Inferno (Beast Wars)
>
> Leader class:
> Dragon Megatron
> Galvatron (probable Kingdom repack)
> Laser Optimus Prime
> Blitzwing
>
> Commander class:
> Motormaster
>
> Titan class:
> Cybertron Metroplex
>
> I know a lot of fans have been sick of the G1-focused updates for a while
> now, so hopefully a new version of Cybertron Metroplex will make them
> happy. I won't be buying it.
>
> Zob (off to help my son put some tiny magnets inside his Rubik's Cube)

Is that TF: Cybertron Metroplex, or a Cybertronian version of G1 Metroplex?
Not the most memorable character from Cybertron.

I’m hoping the new Stunticons are compatible with Combiner Wars — although
the Commander Class center might make that odd.

I suppose that a Laser Optimus Prime will give us a Scourge, so I’m a
little surprised they are going with Stunticons rather than Combaticons.

Arcee makes me very happy. Curious about Bulkhead. Surprised there is no
Bumblebee.

Re: Next Titan-Class Toy to be Cybertron Metroplex

<cf187264-cf7c-4651-ae69-93d5fd719a9cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4591&group=alt.toys.transformers#4591

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 19:01:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Wed, 18 Aug 2021 02:01 UTC

On Tuesday, August 17, 2021 at 7:02:16 PM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:

> Is that TF: Cybertron Metroplex, or a Cybertronian version of G1 Metroplex?
> Not the most memorable character from Cybertron.

It's from Transformers: Cybertron as far as I know. I paid very little attention to that toy line and even less to the show. I wonder if they're planning on amortizing the costs by reusing assets again down the road. I want to see a redo of G1 Metroplex eventually, but aside from that I can't think of too many more Titans I would buy.

> I’m hoping the new Stunticons are compatible with Combiner Wars — although
> the Commander Class center might make that odd.

I'd like to see the same connector pegs used. There's no reason to reinvent the wheel. I have no idea how a Commander-class toy is going to form a body with Deluxe-sized limbs, unless Motormaster has a bunch of detachable parts or something.

> I suppose that a Laser Optimus Prime will give us a Scourge, so I’m a
> little surprised they are going with Stunticons rather than Combaticons.

Hasbro said they might look at doing new Protectobots if the new Stunticons are successful. No reason to think we couldn't get the Aerialbots and Combaticons all over again, eventually. I'm down for a better Swindle and First Aid.

> Arcee makes me very happy. Curious about Bulkhead. Surprised there is no
> Bumblebee.

I imagine most new versions of Bumblebee we see might be shunted into the Buzzworthy Bumblebee toy line. But, it's hard to say. I predict we'll see either a repack or a minor redeco of Netflix Bumblebee at some point. That toy is too cool to not reach a wider distribution. People hated that it was a Walmart exclusive.

Zob (Manifest on Netflix seems like somebody asked, "After Thanos snapped and folks were gone for five years, what happened to them when they came back?" and just decided to make a show about it)