Subject: [NEWS] New 'StarTrek: Picard' featurette
From: Your Name
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current, alt.tv.star-trek.next-gen
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 04:45 UTC
From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current, alt.tv.star-trek.next-gen
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 17:45:39 +1300

Stupidly the YouTube video is region-locked, so if you have problems with the link below try copying it over to a download website (such as https://y2mate.com) and downloadin the clip instead.

From ComingSoon.net ...

    Star Trek: Picard featurette: A new chapter begins
    CBS All Access has released a new featurette for their
    forthcoming Star Trek spinoff series Star Trek: Picard,
    featuring Patrick Stewart along with executive producers
    including Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman as they talk
    about the new journey of the iconic titular character
    after 20 years since Star Trek: Nemesis. Picard will
    have its U.S. debut on January 23, 2020, on CBS All
    Access and will be available in more than 200 countries
    and territories on January 24, 2020, on Amazon Prime
    Video. Also featuring new footage, you can check out the
    video in the player below!

    Featurette:  (3mins 17secs)
    https://youtu.be/5np97mbMhcw

    Star Trek: Picard will tell the next story of Picard's
    life, taking place after Star Trek: Next Generation. Plot
    details are being kept under wraps, but Star Trek:
    Discovery creator Alex Kurtzman revealed in March that it
    will be "a very different show from Discovery." He also
    mentioned that the series will be a "very thoughtful,
    psychological portrait in a lot of ways... Things have
     changed for [Picard] and changed him in some ways, and
    yet he is so deeply and fundamentally still Picard."

    The series will also see the return of Star Trek alums
    including Brent Spiner as Data, Jonathan Del Arco as Hugh
    the Borg, and Star Trek: Voyager's Jeri Ryan as Seven of
    Nine along with Marina Sirtis as Commander Deanna Troi and
    Jonathan Frakes as Riker.

    Picard will also be featuring Santiago Cabrera (Big Little
    Lies), Michelle Hurd (Blindspot), Evan Evagora (Fantasy
    Island), Alison Pill (The Newsroom), Harry Treadaway
    (Mr. Mercedes, Penny Dreadful), and Isa Briones (American
    Crime Story: Versace).

    Star Trek: Discovery co-creator and executive producer Alex
    Kurtzman will oversee development on the new show, which is
    not a Star Trek: The Next Generation reboot but rather a
    continuation of Picard's story. Michael Chabon will serve as
    showrunner.

    Kurtzman will executive produce the new series alongside
    newly-appointed Star Trek: Discovery executive producer
    James Duff, former Discovery executive producer Akiva
    Goldsman (The Dark Tower), Michael Chabon (Spider-Man 2) and
    Star Trek: Voyager and Discovery writer Kirsten Beyer. Also
    executive producing are Heather Kadin of Secret Hideout and
    Roddenberry Entertainment President Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry,
    son of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry, and Roddenberry
    Entertainment COO Trevor Roth.

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailers/1119156-picard-featurette

Subject: Re: [NEWS] New 'StarTrek: Picard' featurette
From: Daniel60
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current, alt.tv.star-trek.next-gen
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 08:55 UTC
From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel60)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current,alt.tv.star-trek.next-gen
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 19:55:32 +1100
View all headers
Your Name wrote on 21/01/2020 3:45 PM:

Stupidly the YouTube video is region-locked, so if you have problems with the link below try copying it over to a download website (such as https://y2mate.com) and downloadin the clip instead.

 From ComingSoon.net ...

    Star Trek: Picard featurette: A new chapter begins

<Snip>

Bummer!!

I clicked on your https://youtu.be/5np97mbMhcw link and got told the video was not available! Strike One!

So then I copied the https://youtu.be/5np97mbMhcw link and click on the https://y2mate.com%29/ link that you included at the top of you post and was told "Address Not Found". Strike Two!

So then I tried the comingsoon link at the bottom of your post, and, after scrolling down, I found the Screen grab for the new featurette and clicked on it .... and was told "Video unavailable   This video is not available." Strike Three! I'm out!!

--
Daniel

From: Your Name
Newsgroups: alt.tv.star-trek.next-gen, rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 19:23 UTC
From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.star-trek.next-gen,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 08:23:55 +1300
On 2020-01-21 08:55:32 +0000, Daniel60 said:
Your Name wrote on 21/01/2020 3:45 PM:

Stupidly the YouTube video is region-locked, so if you have problems with the link below try copying it over to a download website (such as https://y2mate.com) and downloadin the clip instead.

From ComingSoon.net ...

   Star Trek: Picard featurette: A new chapter begins

<Snip>

Bummer!!

I clicked on your https://youtu.be/5np97mbMhcw link and got told the video was not available! Strike One!

It's not my link. It's the original ComingSoon.net link, which as I said is stupidly region-locked.

So then I copied the https://youtu.be/5np97mbMhcw link and click on the https://y2mate.com%29/ link that you included at the top of you post and was told "Address Not Found". Strike Two!

The y2mate.com link obviously has an extra ) typo on the end of the address - you could have just taken that off and it would work.

Of course there is now at least one repost by someone on YouTube that works too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOT9kwetfIw

So then I tried the comingsoon link at the bottom of your post, and, after scrolling down, I found the Screen grab for the new featurette and clicked on it .... and was told "Video unavailable   This video is not available." Strike Three! I'm out!!

Because it's the same link I posted here.

From: Daniel60
Newsgroups: alt.tv.star-trek.next-gen, rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 06:24 UTC
From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel60)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.star-trek.next-gen,rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 17:24:38 +1100
View all headers
On 2020-01-21 08:55:32 +0000, Daniel60 said:
Your Name wrote on 21/01/2020 3:45 PM:

Stupidly the YouTube video is region-locked, so if you have problems with the link below try copying it over to a download website (such as https://y2mate.com) and downloadin the clip instead.

From ComingSoon.net ...

   Star Trek: Picard featurette: A new chapter begins

<Snip>

Bummer!!

I clicked on your https://youtu.be/5np97mbMhcw link and got told the video was not available! Strike One!

It's not my link. It's the original ComingSoon.net link, which as I said is stupidly region-locked.

So then I copied the https://youtu.be/5np97mbMhcw link and click on the https://y2mate.com%29/ link that you included at the top of you post and was told "Address Not Found". Strike Two! >
The y2mate.com link obviously has an extra ) typo on the end of the address - you could have just taken that off and it would work.

Didn't even notice the %29 at the end. But now that you point it out ..... Thank you! ;-)

Of course there is now at least one repost by someone on YouTube that works too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOT9kwetfIw

So then I tried the comingsoon link at the bottom of your post, and, after scrolling down, I found the Screen grab for the new featurette and clicked on it .... and was told "Video unavailable   This video is not available." Strike Three! I'm out!!

Because it's the same link I posted here.

Thank You.

--
Daniel