Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 19:00:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Kingdom Scorponok is just OK
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 02:00 UTC

I finally got him, after going to Target twice a week and scanning their distribution system and seeing all the flaws.

First he's too short. Yes I know there are already third party leg extensions, but it's something the designers should have planned better.

The OG had this transformation and gimmicks in the claws and tail. We et a hollow tail and some claw accessories that seem like they were just put in to shut up the nerds. We couldn't get opening bee wings? Maybe I'm too picky.

I actually needed to read the instructions for him, because his transformation is not at all intuitive, mostly because I expected more than to have his underbelly just hanging open in scorpion mode with his robot face right there. I kept figuring out how to get his head and leg inside the torso, and he answer was that the torso doesn't close. It seems cheatsy to me. He seems half finished when he could have been much better with some collapsing legs and other little tweaks. Maybe the torso flaps could be double hinged to fold outwards and expand the under torso. Maybe open the center of the torso so the robot head can fold through to the spot where the scorpion head is.

Also his stinger tail is so loose.

I really wanted this to be much better. I'd been waiting for a Scorponok, and I guess this is OK, but it missed so many marks.

Re: Kingdom Scorponok is just OK

<be8e7dea-bfe0-4f5a-9360-def765a7429en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4736&group=alt.toys.transformers#4736

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 15:11:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Kingdom Scorponok is just OK
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 22:11 UTC

On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 8:01:00 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:

> First he's too short.

He's supposed to be short, though. He's tiny in the show. He's the same height as Blackarachnia and Rattrap.

> The OG had this transformation and gimmicks in the claws and tail. We et a hollow tail and some claw accessories that seem like they were just put in to shut up the nerds. We couldn't get opening bee wings? Maybe I'm too picky.

Articulated wings would have been nice.

> It seems cheatsy to me. He seems half finished when he could have been much better with some collapsing legs and other little tweaks.
One day they'll do a Masterpiece version that will do all of those things. And he'll also cost like $95.

> I really wanted this to be much better. I'd been waiting for a Scorponok, and I guess this is OK, but it missed so many marks.

I don't think he's awful. Admittedly, Scorponok is probably one of my least favorite of the Beast Wars media characters, so I don't care about him a lot. It will be much more important to me that they get Tarantulas right!

Zob (he's my boi)

Re: Kingdom Scorponok is just OK

<38b2d029-bd55-4b44-85fc-2168f0e0e0b8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4739&group=alt.toys.transformers#4739

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 07:09:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 14:09 UTC

On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 5:11:24 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 8:01:00 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
>
> > First he's too short.
> He's supposed to be short, though. He's tiny in the show. He's the same height as Blackarachnia and Rattrap.
> > The OG had this transformation and gimmicks in the claws and tail. We et a hollow tail and some claw accessories that seem like they were just put in to shut up the nerds. We couldn't get opening bee wings? Maybe I'm too picky.
> Articulated wings would have been nice.
> > It seems cheatsy to me. He seems half finished when he could have been much better with some collapsing legs and other little tweaks.
> One day they'll do a Masterpiece version that will do all of those things. And he'll also cost like $95.

I'm not askin for Masterpiece mods, I'm just asking that his engineering at least hide the robot face and not have a foot sticking out of his ass.

> > I really wanted this to be much better. I'd been waiting for a Scorponok, and I guess this is OK, but it missed so many marks.
> I don't think he's awful. Admittedly, Scorponok is probably one of my least favorite of the Beast Wars media characters, so I don't care about him a lot. It will be much more important to me that they get Tarantulas right!
>

> Zob (he's my boi)

Rumor is that Tarantulus will be a retooled Scorponok, so there's that.