Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 15:41:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Studio Series Gnaw musings
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Mon, 11 Oct 2021 22:41 UTC

So I got him, as I will always get Sharkticons when I can, and I am pleasantly surprised. With the reduction in plastic the Kingdom toys have the Studio series toys still have a plastic tray and more than the needed amount of tie ins, the needed amount is zero, but he has 7, 4 on his accessories,1 on his robot head, 1 on his feet, and 1 on his right hand, none of which really makes sense.

But out of the package, his back comes separate. you have to pul up the plate under his head to reveal the C channel the back attachment piece slides into. His back fin plugs in to the back (rather obviously) his tail is a flail, with 1 joint near the base,, his gun obviously a gun.

His transformation is actually more detailed than expected. The Titans Return Sharkticon had his shark head on his robot feet, and could just swing everything over. Now we need to get the feet inside, and apparently the way is to rotate the chest, robot head, and shark head 180 degrees around to put his shoulders away from his head and make them his shark hips. His robot feet fold in to the back, which you can see the robot feet on the sides of the shark which is a little less perfect than some previous toys, but it doesn't look bad at all.

Once in shark mode, the top of the robot head is essentially the throat, as his robot face looks in to the chest just like Kingdom Scorponok, only the chest doesn't remain cracked open to do it. Both jaws have a lot of motion, his shark arms are jointed and seem long. His shark legs are well jointed.

His shark arms don't have any side to side motion, only back and forth up and down. His shark legs take a little eyeball guessing to even them up and get a stable standing shark. The vast array of motion makes it hard to have a shark that's standing level to the surface he's on.

Is he good? Yes. Is he better than the Titans Return? Also yes, but the army of Sharkticons has room for all. Sharkticons #6 and 7 have a place.

Re: Studio Series Gnaw musings

<ea9b8e7d-210c-4d45-b94e-c1b7bbb99eben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4840&group=alt.toys.transformers#4840

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 17:28:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Studio Series Gnaw musings
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Tue, 12 Oct 2021 00:28 UTC

On Monday, October 11, 2021 at 4:41:50 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:

> Once in shark mode, the top of the robot head is essentially the throat

I think the implication here is that the serrates blades on the top of the robot's head probably cut like a chainsaw into whatever he's busy eating. That was probably always the intention, even during G1, but I don't think I ever quite made the connection until now.

> Is he good? Yes. Is he better than the Titans Return? Also yes, but the army of Sharkticons has room for all. Sharkticons #6 and 7 have a place.

This is arguably the best Sharkticon they've done. The toy pleases me immensely. I got some from Big Bad Toy Store a little while ago, and the ones I ordered from Entertainment Earth have shipped, I believe. No word from Hasbro Pulse, big surprise there.

Zob (not to be confused with Sharticons, who need to change their pants)